Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Morbid suduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
A slight smile crossed his face, "Well, death is normally traumatic, so no need to say you're sorry", he remained calm, his voice soft, inviting. All were traits he practiced over the years, usually to trap prey, but now they could be used to calm this fledgling down.

she approached slowly, listening carefully to the conversation, "You..um..if she really is dead..shes a ghost right? Were you the one responsible for killing her?..That said...what will you do with me?"

Carmine spoke first without turning, "Vampire actually, and as for myself, I am an eternal", he stood and turned, "Technically all powerful, with a snag, I need to drain souls to fuel my magic, but you need not worry". He paused for several seconds, "There is something about you that makes me want to spare you", he chuckled, "Strange eh?".

"thats real comforting, so..would my soul just not..satisfy you enough? that it wouldn't be worth it or something?, N-not that i think your choice of not eating me is bad" She sat down in a nearby chair, intrigued.

He laughed, "Oh no, each soul is worth an equal amount, and I would not eat you", he paused, "Wait here". He vanished and after a few minutes he reappeared holding an unconscious man, "Brace yourself", he dropped the man and place his hand to the mans chest. What followed could only be described as horrifying, the mans flesh dried out and turned gray, after about thirty seconds he crumbled to dust.

Carmine stood up slowly, his eyes flashed a dull red, "I don't think you deserve such a fate, you strike me as a good person, I try to only drain the wicked and evil people in this world".

She grew pale as she watched this happen, she learned not to yell out in surprise, as even her own voice would make her cower if it were loud enough. She had trouble looking him in the eye and forming a sentence,"w-wicked...y-y-you s-said evil and wicked..w-what had that man done...i-if I may ask?"

Carmine pulled a list from his pocket, "Well now, this man is a....ah here it is....he's a child molester, the police released him on a technicality about two months ago, shortly after which I caught him and stored him away". He smiled, "I like to think I'm cleaning up the world, one sicko at a time".

She seemed to calm down a little and then smiled,"My Name is Lory, I guess I don't feel I have to be afraid of you, your like an angel. Only one that judges people"

Carmine chuckled, "Thank you Lory, but I think you'll find I'm not so blessed", he looked at the ground and his voice became cold, "A deal with the reaper cursed me with this power, I await the day I find him again". His fists clenched and smoke began to emerge from between his fingers, when he opened his hands flames exploded out, "I'll make him rue the day he did this to me!".

When he did this, she immediately became submissive, pressing her hands against her ears to dampen the sound, speaking with a tone of fear and a little bit of hyperventilation ,"I'm, I'm sorry, I understand, I'm sorry!"

His eyes widened at the sight of Lory covering her eyes, the fire quickly vanished and his voice resumed it usual soft down, "Oh my god, I am sorry, you must forgive me, everyone falls victim to emotion from time to time". He walked over and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Is there something I can do to make it up to you?", he smiled warmly.

"you were just..to loud, I get really scared when something is to loud, which is why I have these" She held out her hand to show the earplug she had pulled out before she was discovered,"that is why i wasn't at the festival"

Carmine examined them, "Hmmm I could make some changes to them, so you could wear them all the time and still be able to hear normally, but when things get too loud they make it quiet enough so it won't be frightening for you". He looked down at his hands and the now scorched ends of his sleeves, "My power can be used for good as well as evil", he smiled.

"I usually forget about them, only putting them in when I think it may get loud, but..I would like that..by themselves they don't do a lot for noise anyways, not when some one is yelling or something loud happens" she pulled out her other and held her hand out to him, holding both.

He held his hand over the earplug and began to speak quietly and quickly, the language would have made no sense to anyone but him, as it was far to old. A strange glow enveloped the plugs, this faded as he stopped speaking, "There, that should do it, would you like to test them?".

He prepared a quick plan to test their effectiveness, more to prove to her that they worked, Carmine already knew that they would do the trick".

She nodded and put them in and while a little unsure, she put her hands over her ears again,"O-ok, I'm ready." she was watching for what he would do, doubting a little bit but trusting him enough to go with it.

Carmine chuckled and slowly moved her hands away, "You won't need to do that again, they will automatically reduce loud noises to around the same volume as my voice". He then stepped back, clenched his fist and a black glow surrounded it before he dropped to one knee and drove it into the ground, the sound and power shook the room, but the earplugs would lower it to the sound of a casual conversation.

"This is..this might be the best thing someone has ever given me, thank you!" She stood and threw her arms around him,"wont you tell me your name?"

He was caught slightly of guard when she hugged him but he still answered, "Carmine, an old name, but still one I use with pride", his voice had an air of pride, though it was just empty pride. Without knowledge of his family history, he did not know whether to be proud or not.

"Next year I will go to the festival with these..I can enjoy music and so much more, thank you carmine,i want to do something to thank you..maybe I can make some food for you or..I- I'm sorry, you probably don't eat like normal right? How rude of me.."

He laughed, "Lory, I may be immortal, but I still eat from time to time just to enjoy the taste", his smiled faded, "Plus, it's that poor girl over there who will need to avoid regular food".

She looked relieved when he told her he can still enjoy eating "well..you just take the soul right? couldn't you let her take the blood before you do your thing?"

"That is a good idea, would have to make sure they weren't dead though, otherwise, there is nothing left in the body for me to consume", her idea surprised him in a kind of 'why didn't I think of that way'.

"how much would she need, like..a whole body to feel full or..is that not how it works?" she was trying to be helpful, but she didn't really have any idea about this new supernatural stuff

"Depends totally on time between feeds, just like if you were to eat a little often, you'd never really feel hungry", he found it strange explaining all of this, talking to people was not a luxury he had enjoyed for some years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom