Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Overworked(Gemini)

"Stay back officers" She said removing her jacket "I'm sorry Jennifer but you're not in the shape to drive".

She reached her fist back and broke the glass on the car to unlock the door.

"Now you have two choices...home or the hospital" She said "Because I'm not happy with your treatment of me or the officers".

As she opened the door she was ready for an attack. If this girl was out of it enough to try anything she'd have to avoid getting hurt.

"If you try to hurt me you'll be taken to the hospital in handcuffs" She said calmly.

"The hell is your problem?!" She cried out as the glass was broken. She immediately moved to the back of her van and stayed there. "Go away! I don't want to, leave me alone!" She said, fear in her voice now. "Well, they weren't there when my brother was killed, so why should I treat them nicely when they didn't do a damned thing to help him. I knew I shouldn't have trusted you." Jen put in angrily and looked away. "Leave me alone.." She sobbed and stayed there.

Her vision was getting foggy again and she had to shake her head to clear it. "I hate you." She put in almost calmly,her eyes narrowing coldly. "Don't come any closer to me..don't.." She warned loudly, her hands on the lock on the back of her van,heart pumping hard in both fear and anger, mostly fear as she stared. The cops were watching this without saying a word. They did know she wouldn't react the way she was if she wasn't drugged.

She stopped seeing Jen's hand on the lock and made a move around gesture to the officers.

"You lost the choice I'm taking you to the hospital" She said "You never trusted me to begin with...but I could've left you to get raped".

She was angry now her worry for this girl was wearing thin but she didn't lash out. When the cops were in position she started to move to the back.

"If you open that door you'll be met with a group of officers that will take you to the hospital "So you either come willingly with me or forced to go the hospital".

"Then why didn't you? Why are you hellbent on helping me? I've been nothing but trouble." She said though quietly now. She slumped and put her hands on her face."Shouldn't have come here tonight.." She said, then muttered incoherent words underneath her breath. Her eyes were drooping again and she had to shake her head to clear the cobwebs. "Fine..whatever. Just leave me alone after this." Jen made to get up but she grabbed her head once more.

Everything felt like it was spinning and she couldn't help herself,she crawled forward and then stopped moving. Suddenly she let out a groan and feel forward, once again going unconscious, the full effects of the drugs hitting her right away and no doubt she'd be out for hours at the most.

"Fine" She said "But now your going to the hospital".

She was thankful that Jen had come around to see things her way but she kept silent until Jen passed out again.

"Shit" She swore and quickly crawled over to her.

She pulled Jen from the car and picked her up to head towards her car.

"I'll take her to the hospital...get a statement after she recovers" She said as one of the officers opened the rear door of her car.

She put Jen in the backseat and quickly got into the drivers side. The trip to the hospital was quick and quiet and once it ended she waited all night until the doctors said she'd recovered.

The girl woke up in the hospital,groaning and raising her head. The doctors went to her and asked her how she was. "What happened? I can't remember anything at all. This isn't the club anymore." Jen moaned loudly and shook her head. They explained and she gasped. "Oh my God...That happened? Oh shit..and I gave the officers so much grief too..damn it.." She put her head in her hands and sighed. "I feel better though, my head is clear.Can I go?" When they nodded, the girl got up gingerly and stretched.

She got dressed and she walked out of the door and one of the officers stopped her. She began speaking to them and nodded gave them her statement and she didn't even give the other a glance before she walked out of the building and picked up the phone. "Hey. Could you guys bring my car back home? Oh you did, thanks. New wheels too? Thanks guys, I appreciate it." She hung up.

"Great.Now how the hell am I gonna get home?"

Lina saw her leave the hospital and gulped softly before standing and following Jen out.

"Hey...you need a ride" She asked softly.

She bit her bottom lip hoping she didn't get screamed at by Jen.

"I know you wanted me to leave you alone..." She said "I just wanted to make sure you were fine...and I heard you needed a ride".

She didn't have the gun anymore she wouldn't get it back for a couple months which usually was what happened when she shot someone. They had to rerun a full ballistics check and get the paperwork sorted out before she was able to carry more than a stunner.
((sorry brain fail))

The short blond jumped when spoken to and she tilted her head as if she was trying to remember some things. "Oh err..alright yeah that'd be nice. And did I? I'm sorry. I'm not usually that rude. Ugh, I've got to get my things together again." She muttered softly and smiled gently. "You don't have to leave me alone. I can't remember anything that happened last night and honestly I don't want to. They told me bits and pieces and I just didn't want to hear anymore."

"God I'm so stupid. I should have gone to the usual bar I go to. At least nothing bad happens there."" Her blue eyes looked down and then back up at her. "Umm, I can't remember if I told you my name or not. It's Jennifer." She said and then looked away. "Course, I might have said something before but.." She chuckled and rubbed at her face. "I'm gonna go home and stay home for a while.Kate called me, said she's staying with my parents for a while. Daddy's incredibly angry. Oh! I'm rambling.Sorry." There we go again Jen, talking the girl's head off wasn't going to do her any good. Maybe it was coming down off of the drug that did it, or maybe because she was nervous, but for some reason it wasn't stopping her from talking.

"Its okay" She said "I wasn't the nicest person either".

She frowned as the girl called herself stupid that wasn't right she wasn't stupid.

"No your not...just a victim" She said "I don't mind you rambling...and I do know your name but you don't mine I'm Lina".

She gave her a light smile and walked up to her.

"Come on I'll give you a ride" She said "It'll do you some good to rest...I can even buy you something to eat if you want".

She didn't mind listening to the girl talk it was nice that she wasn't angry anymore. Her car was devoid of any guns just a backseat littered with files on bail jumpers.

"Maybe.." She shrugged and looked away,then sighed. "Well it is nice to meet you at any rate. My car's all fixed up too. And no, that's okay. I'm not hungry at the moment anyways." She said,walking and nodding. "Alright then.My house is just up the hill, the umm..big one. My Daddy bought it for me and I've been making a lot of money so I can pay for it." The blond put in very softly,leaning back and sighing.

"I'm going to have to be alone in the house for a while I suppose. My sister's gonna be gone for the night. Ughhh..I'll shut up now." She said, finally going quiet and looking out while flipping through her phone. She felt disgusted with herself that she let things get so far last night. "Such an idiot.." The blond put in and looked down at her hands,letting the silence take over.

She opened the door for her and then went around to her side with a smile.

"You're not an idiot" She said "Those scumbags try to go for any girl they think they can get".

She wanted to offer to stay with her awhile but she didn't want to seem like she was coming onto her. Then again she was worried about Jennifer.

"If you want I can stay with you for a few hours" She said "If you're not up to being alone right now?"

She didn't plan to offer an overnight stay but she'd dealt with a couple of date rape victims. They were often scared of being alone at least for a couple hours.

"You don't have to if you don't want to. I don't..want to bother you." Jen put in softly and and stepped inside,picking at her hands. "I can't remember anything anyways. It's all a blur to me. I mean I can stay home alone or I can invite my ex-boyfriend over.." She shrugged at that part. "He's also my best friend." A smile went on her face as she thought of Will, and then she nodded. She cocked her head to the side and looked down at her hands and then looked back up at the other.

"I'll be okay I guess. I mean, I'm used to staying alone. Like I said I can go invite my friend over and we'll have a few beers." She knew that probably wasn't a good idea because when she got drunk she tended to do stupid things and the last time they were drunk they'd slept together. Oh well, if that happened it happened. She'd have to check on how busy he was. "Thanks for driving me though, I appreciate it."

"Its no trouble" She said.

As she spoke of inviting her friend over she smiled knowing Jen was probably trying to avoid asking her to stay over.

"How bout I wait til he comes over" She asked "I wouldn't feel good about myself if I didn't make sure you were a hundred percent k".

She also wanted to talk to Jen some more it would be nice to get to know her without the gun scaring her off. This would probably be the last time she saw Jen if she didn't try. As they pulled into the house though she really hoped Jen accepted her offer.

"Well...we're here..." She said.

"Alright then." She said, nodding. "You can stay if you'd like. I doubt Will has time anyways." She got up and looked around. "Good they brought my van home." She opened the door to it and took her keys out and relocked. "Feel free to make yourself at home." Jen called over her shoulder and went into the bathroom. Her house was warm and she changed into a tank top and pajama bottoms, sitting on the couch.

She turned on the TV and sure enough the club was on the news. So she turned it back off and looked towards the other woman. "So umm...thanks I guess..err.Want anything to drink? I've got water, soda, um..beer."

"Anything you want I can get you.It's the least I can do." The blond put in, smiling gently and tilting her head to the side.

She followed her inside having to smile at how nice the house was. This wasn't something she desired completely nice things had never been possible for her so she gave up on them. She walked over to the house and sat down on the couch with a smile.

"Uhm...if you don't mind I'd like a beer" She said with a smile "It was a rough night...those waiting room benches are terrible beds".

She was trying to lighten the mood by making a joke. Then again the whole situation wasn't funny but she wanted to give it a shot.

"Sure.Gonna drink one myself. Didn't get a chance last night. Or did I? I can't remember.." A puzzled look formulated on the pretty blond's face, a pierced brow cocking up before she shrugged. "Ah well. Here ya go." She said, tossing her one before she opened one herself and took a good drink of it, wiping the foam off of her lips.
"Mmm..that's good.."The girl put in softly and sat on the couch as well. She tried to smile but sighed, turning her head away.
"I'm sorry. For putting you through that. I won't ever go there again. I shouldn't go out to bars anyways, think I'm gonna stop for the night." The blond girl put in and she rested her head on her hands, elbow propped up on the armchair.

She took another drink and wiped her mouth again, the taste of it refreshing. All she needed to do, she figured, was relax for the night she supposed.

She drank her beer listening as she spoke with a soft smile.

"You're fine...I didn't mind I was just angry that he'd almost gotten away" She said with a sigh "Men like that deserve to be castrated...".

It was easy to see she didn't like men in fact she absolutely hated them.

"Yeah taking a break from bars is a good idea" She said softly "I'm sorry I left your drinks alone...he wouldn't have touched them if I hadn't left them to go get you".

"Men are idiots. There are good ones out there though. I still like them, despite all this." She giggled a bit. "And woman too. I'm bi and when I told my friends that they were shocked.But.." She shrugged her shoulders and let out a little sigh. Surely it wasn't that weird, right? She hoped her friend wouldn't think so.

"It's fine. The drinks were shitty anyways. I much prefer this can of beer to that. Now the taste of that I can remember." Jen giggled again and smoothed her hair back. "He was an asshole though, from what the police and the doctors have told me. The guy was wanted around here for a while, he um..raped a lot of girls." She looked sheepish at that and looked away.

"Glad he didn't get me though. My friend's sister got raped by four men and Kat's still after them."

She listened to her talk and cocked an eyebrow that the girl just blurted she was bi. It didn't bother her one bit but she found it quite interesting.

"Yeah...I miss the pubs back home" She said.

She'd known the guy was wanted the detective had told her that which meant she'd actually get a pay check for last night.

"That's what I was told...I'm glad I stopped him" She replied.

She wasn't sure why she got extremely interested in her story about her friend's sister but she knew she wanted to help.

"Does she have their names or faces" She asked "I could give it a shot?".

"I bet. When I go to Scotland every year the first thing I go to is the pubs too. There's just somethin' about them." The girl put in gently and looked away, then back. "Glad too. What I'm not glad was how much of a bitch I was being last night." The girl said, going quiet as she thought. Had she not been drugged she would have cooperated and that would have made things SO much more easier. Of course, she was always belligerent when under the influence, mostly from alcohol so the drugs had the exact same effect on her.

"Oh um.I can't say." She put in and drank her beer. "I can't tell you where they're at. Kat's going to take care of them anyways."

"The scots do know how to make a good pint" She said "I stopped there for a few days on my way to the states".

She looked at her as the girl started to talk about last night again.

"You don't have to feel bad" She said to her "You weren't yourself last night I know that".

She gave a light sigh as she talked about not knowing anything about the men.

"Its okay tell your friend if she needs help I'll be more than willing" She said "I have plenty of good connections".

"Yes we do." She teased. "I was born there, lived there until I was six. My accent is mostly gone save when I get angry or excited." She put in,remembering her home country very, very well. It was covered in a lot of hills and rained a lot, but she knew that it was the most beautiful country at least to her she'd ever seen. The Scottish-American girl sighed and leaned back,cocking up a brow when the other girl spoke. "Thanks.That's much appreciated." She put in gently and leaned back some. "I don't know where Kat is actually. I haven't seen her since I was 17." Thinking of her Dutch friend made her frown a bit so she quickly took another sip of her beverage.

She took a drink of the beer and watched the girl she wasn't sure why she was so interested in her.

"England for me" She said with a smile "born there spend majority of my life in a small house outside of Manchester".

She didn't know what to say when Jennifer said she'd lost contact with her friend.

"I'm sorry to hear that" She said softly "Its terrible losing contact with good friends".

"I could tell. I have a fondness for English accents. I find them to be so sexy, so charming." She put in boldly and chuckled a little. "I've been to Blackpool once, pretty interesting place. My father is pure Scottish so we take trips a lot. Of course, I don't have to go anymore but I always do. We've been to nearly everywhere in the United Kingdom but I still get mesmerized each time I'm there." She shrugged at the next words. "Yeah, well considering what she does for a living it was probably best that I lost contact with her."

"Hmm I would have loved to have traveled across the country" She said "It took a few years for me to get here".

She and her father both saved and scrounged to get her to the states.

"What does your friend do" She asked "is something akin to my job".

Back
Top Bottom