Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Laird of the Land (buttefly0408/kolath)

She was smiling as she patted the mare a bit when she seemed to be a bit agitated by Kael touching her, recognizing him as the one that had taken her mistress from her weeks earlier. Her mare was a smart horse. "Shhh, Twila, I'm here now. He's not going to take me away again. Be nice," she turned to look at him, "may I come see her more often? Now that she knows I'm still around she'll not abide well to not seeing me. She will give you trouble." She rested her head against her, "I have been ridden her much. Father didn't think it was a good thing for a woman to be galloping about but still he gave her to me and I would often sneak to the stables to sit with her, wishing I could ride her a bit more, but content to just prance a bit about the grounds."

He smirked and leaning back against the stall wall watching the horse and her mistress shaking his head slightly. “If she is half as much trouble as her mistress I had better agree and let you come down here to see her.” he smiled and brushed his hand over the saddle that was made for the mare and then looked back over to the two of them. “I suppose I could let you take her out when we go riding again if you haven’t tried to run away again that is.”

Her face light with a bit of happiness at first then dulled into a bit of embarrassment when he mentioned her running away again. "My behavior was horrid and I am sorry. You offered your hospitality and I scoffed at it, just as my father taught me to. But I don't wish to be like him and so now I humbly accept that hospitality... if you still offer it." She smiled slightly, "I will not try and run away again."

He nodded his smile genuine as he came over brushing his hand over the mare’s neck. “I understand Blair and I accept your apology so there is no need to worry about it anymore.” He watched her with her horse for a while longer finding it interesting how she treated the horse with such affection seeing that she wasn’t just her father’s daughter seeing that she had a warmth to her as well.

Giving her mare one little kiss upon her nose and almost cooing to her a bit, "Did you hear that Twila? You and I will get to go riding soon so don't be missing me to much now. No need to worry and no need to give anyone fuse. We will be together again soon." She turned to Kael and smiled softly at him, "Shall be away?" she asked as they started to walk out of the stable. No one around.

He walked out of the stall behind her his eyes slowly slipping over her body slightly enjoying the sight of it under her dress. he smirked and as they passed a empty stall he reached out grabbing her arm and gently but firmly pulled her into the stall. He moved quickly pinning her against the wall of the stables her hands pinned above her head as he looked down into her eyes. “The more I learn about you Blair the more it becomes clear, you are an amazing woman Blair.” He leaned in and kissed her deeply pinning her lightly against the wall as his lips captured hers kissing her deeply.

Blair was a bit frightened at first as he suddenly tugged her into the stall and found herself pinned against the wooden wall of the stall, feeling it move a little bit but still firm against her back. The heat in his eyes as he glaring into hers were intense and it lit a fire within her own heart, body, and soul. More though in her body then anything else. It was a desire she had been feeling more and more with all the time she had spent with him without anyone else and in finally seeing him not as her enemy but as a fine man as his family said he was.

As his lip captured hers, there was a soft protest upon the tips of her own, but it was quickly taken from her and dissolved in the air around them. Her kiss was tentative then the long it lasted, the more relaxed her body seemed to become against his own strong body.

As he felt her relax against his body he slowly released her hands his only slipping into her hair and the other brushing down her side to slip around her waist holding her tight against him as he pressed closer into the kiss deepening it. his hand wasn’t uncomfortable in her hair just holding her tight to him as she relaxed more against him his body responding to her closeness and the passion in the kiss growing hotter.

Her hands remained a moment pressed against the wall then slowly and softly fell to his arms, her hands brushing over them gently until they came to a soft rest upon his shoulders. Suddenly, a gently moan came from within her throat, "Mmmmm..." she seemed to just lazily show her enjoyment of this kiss he gave her. She knew she should push away, but as she was telling her hands to do that, they just didn't seem to want to obey as the gently moved to his neck, stroking her fingers over his skin.

He pressed closer against her letting her feel his well muscled and defined chest against her soft breasts as the kiss continued. He was feeling her melt and knew that he was going to lose control of this and end up having to marry her if he didn’t stop. however his body seemed to have a mind of its own. He pressed closer his hips pressing forward against her letting her feel his hard thick cock through her skirts.

At that exact moment there was a loud thud from outside the stall as a stable boy stood there in shock having dropped a saddle making the noise which shocked Kael enough to make his pull back and let Blair go. He stood there for a moment sure that his Aunt or sister would be there to yell at him for this giving several moments where he wasn’t holding her.

It was all happening at the same time it seemed. As he pressed his arousal against her, she could certainly feel it. A maiden she might have been but her father had told her enough stories about things that would happen to her in captivity to know what it was pressed against her firmly. She had often wondered how would feel when faced with a situation like this in the very moment. The last thing from her mind had always been desire, but that was exactly what she felt now.

Hearing the noise as well, she gasp and pressed herself even more against the wall. Her face was covered in a bright blush as she saw the shocked face of the stable boy just gawking at them. Time seemed to stand still as they all stood seeming to wonder who would be the first to move or speak or do... well anything at all.

It was boy that moved first to stumble over the saddle, picking it up and retreating further back into the stable. But as soon at he had removed the saddle from the exit to the stall, she moved and rather quickly as she ran past him and away from him as fast as her feet would take her.

Kael stood there watching her run from the stable part of him wanted to rush after her and make her stop so they could talk about this. However the rouge in him won the fight and he just smirked and slowly proceeded out of the stable after her watching her rushing into the keep. He smirked and shook his head wondering what had scared her more, the kiss? Her reaction to the kiss? Or the feel of his manhood against her? he smirked moving into the keep and up to his private office sitting down behind his large desk looking over the requests from other Laird’s and men of influence. He wondered, would she hold to her promise of not running away or would this incident scare her into running once more.

"You've been acting strange Blair..." Linette spoke her mind rather openly as the pair rode side by side on their horses. Blair had wanted to go riding but had done everything she could to avoid Kael as much as she could from making sure she was in the hall for meals before he would coming looking for her to seemingly changing her whole routine so he'd never be able to creep upon her in one of her usual places. Seeming to always be looking over her shoulder for him... and Linette could see this behavior.

"I have? Oh, I had not noticed," Blair replied, happy that Linette had approached her about going out for a midday ride around the keep just to get some air.

Linette only rolled her eyes, "What has my brother done this time?" Seeing Blair's shocked reaction, she knew she had hit that one correct and added before the denial would come. "Don't bother... I know he kissed you. That's it isn't it?" She smirked a little, "Word travels quickly in a small place Blair and it's already been 5 days."

"So people think I'm a wanton woman..."

"No, people think that my brother can't control himself around a beauty like you. I've already scolded him for it, but is that why you avoid him? And I do know you are for he's noticed it as well." Linette paused a moment then sighed, "You know, perhaps pushing him away is not the answer."

Blair looked shocked, "You mean you think I should let him do those things? It people are not calling me a wanton now they certainly would in time after that."

"Not if you married..." Linette suggested.

"Married?" Blair was shocked yet again. "You brother has not want to marry me."

"But do you have the want to marry him?" Linette smirked as she noted that Blair's face only blushed more...

Kael was out in the yard with Angus, the two of them going hard at sword practice. Angus as always was having far too easy a time with Kael with the long sword. It wasn’t that Angus was better over all but with the long sword Kael just couldn’t match him. “So Blair has been avoiding you huh?” Angus prodded with his words knowing it was a sore subject.

It had the desired effect in moments Kael had over balanced himself and with a well placed tap from Angus ended up face down in the dirt. He spat out the mouthful of dirt turning over and glaring at his friend. “You know she has been. What I don’t need is you reminding me of it in the middle of practice.”

Angus shrugged and smirked as Kael stood back up brushing the dirt off of him. “You are just lucky she hasn’t tried to run away again. She is this close to and rightly so after you attacking her in the stables.”

Kael had just started into an aggressive step forward in attack and that comment made him misstep again ending up in the dirt. “I didn’t attack her, I just kissed her. and unless I’m losing my senses she returned the kiss and was enjoying it when that damned fool of a stable boy interrupted us.”

Angus stepped in slashing to one side before catching Kael’s sword with his and pinning them with locked blades. “Yes…but what if he hadn’t interrupted, have you thought of that? Where would you be now?”

Kael lost focus for just a moment and ended up on his back this time with Angus standing over him. “You would be married to her…”

Kael just lay there for a moment looking into his friends eyes.

“Assuming she would even have you.” Angus laughed as Kael growled and tackled him getting them both into a friendly wrestling match.

"Well," Linette prodded a bit more, "do you?"

"I don't know. I don't see how I could have any desire to marry the man. I hardly know him. And well considering I never thought I would have a choice in a husband, I never gave thought to what I would want in one." She sighed a little bit.

"Kael would be a good choice. You could get to stay here with us forever and you can't deny that and the people here love you. You would certainly be accepted at the laird's wife."

"I suppose that would be a good thing, but would he want me really? I mean most marriages are passed upon gain. Your brother has nothing to gain from me but me. I have no land to add to his own and no family left to align with. I am not the kind of woman a laird needs to marry."

Linette paused her horse and force Blair to do the same, "Blair, you are exactly the kind of woman my brother would want and we all know he needs. You are strong of heart and will and you not let a brute like him walk all over you. No, you'd only give him a firm wife to challenge him when he needs it and be there for him the same."

Blair gave Linette a small but still doubtful smile, "That is kind of you to say Linette but it comes from your lips and not those of your brother. So far all I know of how he sees me is in his own words and action and so hard I have been nothing but a chore he needs to tend to and a young body to hold with lips to kiss. I suppose it I now have the choice of a marriage, those really are not the kinds of things I would like to base it upon."

The wrestling match didn’t last too long, soon the friends were leaning back against the stone wall laughing softly pushing on each other a little. “What do you mean if she would have me? What girl wouldn’t want this?” Kael asked motioning to his whole body.

Angus laughed. “What about one that could see?”

That would have started another wrestling match if at that moment a pair of riders hadn’t come into the yard. Kael and Angus stood both without shirts on because of their hard work out. They walked over Kael nodding to Malise who was one of the two riders. “Two months to the day cousin, welcome back. Are you ready to come back and accept my orders as I give them?”

Malise looked down at Kael before slipping off his horse and nodding slightly. “I am…” he didn’t finish his thought out loud. “I would like to introduce you cousin to a friend.” He held his hand out to the lady that he had rode in with.

Smiling down from atop her high horse was indeed a familiar but perhaps unwelcome face. Ginessa MacLeod was just the same age a Kael and in their youth had often pursued him for marriage, but while she was a sister to the laird of a nearby land, she was never what on would think to be the marrying type. Ginessa had never shown much compassion or humility. No she was in most every way a spoiled woman and a loose one as well. A widow now, Ginessa had been forced to wed one of her brother's guards when they had been caught together rutting in some dark corner. The marriage only lasted a year and did produce one child, a son, but Ginessa's husband met an untimely death and had then freed her to become the woman that now was off her horse and standing before Kael. The glint in her eye spoke of her desire for Kael and it also told him he would be well welcomed. As a widow, it did not mater if she spread her favors around any longer and it was much known that she did just that.

"It has been awhile, has is not Laird Kael?" her voice bold and quite husky with hidden desire. With long brown hair, she had a busty and really what most men would call a perfect body for a good time in the bedroom. But her face, while fair, was far from making Ginessa MacLeod a true beauty. She smirked as she took a step closer, leaving very little space between the pair, "Have you thought much of me? For I have certainly thought of you."

As if in perfect, or perhaps unfortunate, timing.. two more riders came through the same gated the small group just had. Linette and Blair rode in, right past the small sence. Blair couldn't deny the sudden twist within her breast as she spotted Kael standing there, looking stunning with no shirt on, with another woman. Dressing in fine traveling clothing and her body language loud and clear in the way the woman's hand reached up to lightly touch Kael's cheek as she spoke to him. Blair didn't know who the woman was but already did not like her. Before she could think any more on the reaction she had upon seeing Kael with another woman, her eyes caught sight of an even more alarming image. It was the him. She had almost forgotten about him. The one that had been unkind to her and tried to break her into sleeping him him all those weeks ago. Fear filled her suddenly as she turned her face and urged her horse to speed by faster, before he could catch sight of her. She didn't know he would be back...

Linette quickly followed her towards the stables, seeing the distress in her friend.

Kael groaned a little inwardly as he saw who the other rider was having to bit his lip from saying something uncouth. He knew Ginessa McLeod well, they had at once time been considering marrying each other at least she had. He thought about it for all of the time it took to go from her feet all the way up her shapely body to her face. that is when he stopped thinking about it. she just wasn’t his type and throwing herself at all the men of the court not just him was a huge turn off for him.

Kael smiled dutifully and reached up stopping her hand from touching his cheek. “Please Ginessa I haven’t cleaned up since my last spar.” He smiled nodding to her his eyes glancing up seeing Blair and his sister disappearing into the stables. His chest tightened at the sight knowing that Blair had seen Ginessa, he hadn’t done anything so there was nothing to feel guilty about but just being around Ginessa had a way of making you think you should feel guilty.

“I trust you will be able to stay and join us for dinner tonight?” he said praying he was wrong.

She smirked, "That's the surprise. Your cousin has invited me as a guest for a while. My brother and his wife have just had their second child and the home is just full of children now. All that crying and whiney has been giving my quite the headache. It was bad enough with one, then my son was bore and now a third. Malise was kind enough to invite me here as his guest and I suppose your whole clan's for awhile so I may rest from all the chaos of it all." The way she spoke of her own child more in passing and as a bother was very disheartening. Hopefully for the lad his mother would stay more out of his life and let her brother raise him then in it as an unloving parent.

Meanwhile in the stables, Blair was putting her horse back in her stall when Linette finally caught up with her. Blair was a bit pale as she turned to him, "Why is he back here? I thought he had been sent away for he had done."

"He was. For two months. No one told you it was only for a time? No wonder you look like you have suddenly seen a ghost." Linette put her hand upon her friend's shoulder as she helped her along back towards her room. "Malise is, while it is sad to say, the next in line behind Kael to take over the clan leadership. And Kael is not the kind of man to deny his cousin his rights to lead should the time come for it. The only way that perhaps he could be turned away forever is if Kael produces his own heir... that child would take the place as next in line." Linette sort of left that floating in the air between them as they reached Blair's room.

Together they sat at the table and then Blair had to ask. "And... the woman? Who was she?"

Linette frowned a little, "I noticed her as well. I haven't seen her in a long while but that was Ginessa MacLeod. She is the sister of one of neighboring allies. A quite horrible woman really. When she was younger she was always sniffing around here as well as at court looking for a prime target to get caught in bed with so the man would be forced into marriage. In the end thought her plan backfired and she was caught instead with a poor knight and her brother forced her to marry him."

"So she is a married woman?" Blair asked though she wondered why she wanted to know so much ever as she spoke the words.

"No, last we heard here she is a widow. True I have not seen her since before her marriage, but I keep much contact with her sister-in-law. Ginessa had a son she pays no attention to but the boy was the pride of his father until the poor man's death. They were married just over a year. That was a year ago and I hear she's been using her new role as a widow to her advantage with letting herself be as free as she likes. You need not worry about her. Kael never wanted her in the past and I doubt he'd still want her today. She is a scheming woman and any man that would deal in her bed could quickly find himself tangled in way he never wanted to be."

"What do I care whom your brother takes to his bed?" Blair said, her face growing a bit like a stone statue, unfeeling and serious. "In fact perhaps this woman in his bed will prove a good thing. With her in his bed his attentions shall no longer be directed towards me."

Linette could see Blair would never be able to see that Kael's attention was for her, only her, and Ginessa's presence would not change that at all. She just saved herself the trouble of trying to explain. "I had best be on my way. I will need to see to the evening meal. Would you like to eat here tonight?" Knowing it would look bad if she avoided the table because of the unfriendly guests that would not be sitting at it, but she would understand and make an excuse for her.

"No... I will be there. I may be a little delayed trying to talk myself into going down and facing this challenge. But it shall be one I face. I will not let this Malise think he can frighten me." Even though he struck it deep into her heart. She would also face Kael with his new lady friend with her chin high. Why she had to show him that the idea of him with another woman did not bother her she did not know. But it had to be done.

Kael had been doing his best to avoid Ginessa as much as he could all day. However as the gracious host he had no choice but to entertain her no matter how much he wanted to just get away. He made sure they were never alone so that she could never claim that he had done anything. Even though it was known by many of the Lairds that she no longer was trying to entrap a man still he worried she might with him. Later that night they were all gathering for dinner and as they went to sit down he looked around noticing that Blair was nowhere to be seen. He wondered if he should go get her incase she needed some encouragement to come down with Ginessa there.

Blair had usually been one of the first at the table since she had started her game of trying to avoid Kael since their last kiss. So when the meal had already started to be served and people were eating... still no Blair. It would have been perhaps a bit alarming for those that noticed. Malise's return however drew most people's attention as he told perhaps unsuitable stories for the table to those around him, laughing loud while Ginessa had taken the seat to the right of Kael and was trying to rub her leg against his while smiling. It was a bit of a chaotic scene that helped Blair slip in mostly unnoticed as she took her seat beside her brother, not really glancing in either the direction Ginessa sat near Kael or in Malise's where she might attract his unwanted attention.

Kael shifted each time that Ginessa tried to touch her leg to his shifting just making it seem like his chair was uncomfortable. He was bringing a piece of meat to his lips when he said Blair come in and sit down near Flynn. He watched her for a moment not sure if he should say anything since she seemed to be trying to avoid his eyes. He was so focused that he even forgot that Ginessa was there.

Ginessa's eyes followed his gaze to Blair and they instantly narrowed. Ginessa did not know who the girl half way down the table was but any one that took his attention from here when she wanted it was not going to end up on her good side. She realized then the girl met the description that Malise had given her of the little piece that had gotten him kicked out of the Sutherland keep for so long. Ginessa's curiosity needed to be fulfilled. "I see you have more guests at your table then just I Kael..." her voice was loud enough to bring attentions her way. "Don't be rude and introduce us."

Kael sighed softly looking at Ginessa and shook his head as the attention of all the table was drawn to Ginessa and a few to Blair the object of her statement. “Ginessa MacLeod, this is Blair Ross. She and her brother are here for awhile after their father died.” His eyes passed Blair and moved down to Malise looking the man down seeing if he would dare say something.

Malise looked at Blair and for a moment anger and hate showed in his eyes. He clearly wasn’t happy that she was being treated like a member of the family.

It was more then just Blair that had a visual reaction to the words he had just said, though hers likely looked the most pained. Here for awhile. That what he had said. At last it seemed she had an answer for his intentions for them. This place had been starting to feel like a home with his welcoming family including them both so often, but it was not meant to last. Only for awhile. Her hurt was only there a moment before she seemed a moment later to resign herself to this fate once again of not knowing if she and Flynn would be welcomed come the morning and her face turned to a stony expression of proper behavior.

So long taking so many steps forward and three words started them stepping backwards.

It was Blair that was the proper one and greeted Ginessa from across the table, giving her a slight nod of her head, "It's a pleasure to meet you lady Ginessa. And this is the brother Laird Kael spoke of, Flynn."

"Ross, hmm?" Ginessa spoke, her eyes narrowed a little as she studied Blair. A moment later she gave a slight huff and turned her attention away as if was not worth her time to converse with either one of them, she took up conversation with someone else and left Blair feeling awkward but honestly only a tiny bit disrespected. She was more effected still by Kael's words.

Seeing the conversation was over, as short as it was, she turned her face away only to turn it to far and see Malise looking in her direction, feeling he heat of his glare. Blair's face went pale and she lowered it to try and get him to loose his interest in looking at her.

Back
Top Bottom