Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ever had someone use chat AIs on you?

So, it wasn't here on Bluemoon, but I caught a writing friend using AI to reply to my post. It was very disheartening and led to a big debate between us. I am completely against it (other than maybe for grammar and brainstorming).

I used an AI detector as well, which I know isn't always the most reliable, but it flagged everything my partner wrote. Personally, if I wanted to write with AI, I would do so directly. I'm not sure why someone who is a hobby writer would use AI so heavily, but I'm concerned as an RPer that I already caught someone using it rather confidently.

It is unfair if I put a lot of thought, time, and effort into writing for someone to get back to me in minutes. If anything, I enjoy the human charm of RP; imperfection. A typo here and there is fine, and I love when I notice my partners' writing tics. Also, I look at RP as mental chess. If that is psychological, battle, being clever, seduction, world building,, etc... and AI can take that thinking out of it.

Last edited:
No-one has. I use generative AI to create soulless content for work, so I have a pretty good idea how they function. I am pretty sure I could tell if someone was using AI with me.

I don't think anyone ever did so to me. I'm somewhat sure I'd be able figure it out myself sooner or later, having some experience with AI writing tools and generative AI in general. Still that's a nifty tool to have around.

Still, I agree with Passion that using AI for writing posts for you is dishonest. At times, I had partners so captivating, that I was writing my own posts just to see what they come up with in response, but would never stoop so low to just generate my reply instead. Isn't the whole point of roleplaying to interact with another human being, with all the caveats that come along?

Do people actually make AI write replies for them? That's honestly the lamest shit imaginable.

I mean why would you even RP at that point? If you outsource the creative writing part of the hobby, which I would argue is the main draw of the hobby to many people to some generative AI then what is the point even? Why not just play against AI that can predict what you want to hear, or since they didn't even bother writing the reply just make two AI's write against one another and watch as the generative AI feeds you with all the AI-slop you could ever hope for?

If I ever encounter a person who'd actually do this I would just throw my virtual tomatoes at them and laugh at the whole clown-act they brought for me.

No one has, but I can't particularly say I'm surprised some people would do this, however it definitely feels like that just... Defeats a good chunk of the point of RP in the first place. For me this is a hobby that lets me stretch my brain a bit with someone else. Letting something else do the thinking for me is the exact opposite of why I'm here.

I hate AI RP... I even hate the bots that people pay for. Though, I think I would know, at this point. Technology is not there yet.

Back
Top Bottom