Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Beyond Monetary Needs Pt. 01

mature New

Mr.Ross

Avid Roleplayer
Author's Note : The inspiration for this story was a roleplay I did a while back. I've planned it into several parts and this is only Part 01. This is one of my favorite stories that I've written to date. It's not my absolute favorite but one of them. Be warned that there's almost zero smut in this first part. In fact there's no sex at all in the 2nd and 3rd part either. Instead the tension ratchets up slowly throughout and right now the focus is on the gradual seduction. As always if you had any feedback or thoughts, I welcome everything!

With university exams out of the way, the summer lay ahead. It was the penultimate year for Jim, he was due to graduate next year. It was suggested however that students try and secure an internship this summer so they can have a leg up as far as getting a job when they graduate. Jim Ross had made his way from the university campus that was some way away to the big city. He'd just had a pretty successful interview and with the internship secured he decided to celebrate. There were a few fuckbuddies from his college who lived in the city and he'd just met one in a cute coffee shop. She'd given him a blowjob in the bathroom as part of the celebration.

As he stepped out of the coffee shop, the young man called an uber and headed off to the address that Terry gave him. He was one of his friends from college, bit of a dorky guy. Terry had taken on a bunch of summer courses and he was going to hang around campus instead of coming home. Well that was one reason. The second was that a girl that Jim had introduced his buddy to, just recently had started dating him. Having been a virgin before that fortuitous night, Terry wanted to make the most of this new experience. To that end, he begged his friend to take his room back home for practically next to nothing.

It wasn't just a way to repay Jim for the kind introduction he'd provided, but Terry also realized that this girl was one of Jim's old fuckbuddies. It'd take half a word from Jim for her to dump his ass.

Terry’s mom, Jennifer had just finished up with the dishes, having hosted a few of her friends earlier for lunch. She hummed softly to herself as she undid her apron and set it aside, unwilling to get her simple sundress wet from her work there.

Her life was idyllic. She had a good home, good friends, a good family. She had her little side business, helping as a designer and marketer part-time. It was more just something to keep her busy, or she would feel too bored staying at home.

Her husband Robert did well to provide for her needs. Well... monetary needs anyways.

That other spark always faded after getting married. She let out a sigh. It was a common complaint of all her friends. It wasn't that her husband neglected her, no. But... a woman had her wants, too. Jennifer longed for the earlier days in their marriage, back when she could remember how eager the two were to rip their clothes off of each other.

Leaving the kitchen, she paused to inspect herself in the hallway mirror. Compared to some women, 44 had treated her well. Light wrinkles were easily masked by makeup, though the crows feet at her crystal blue eyes she couldn't hide.

She was fair as could be, freckles dotting her light skin. She'd done her best to treat her skin well, as that showed so much age, so she'd always felt. Her bright ginger hair had strands of gray beginning to tease their way to the surface, and, while she often got comments about it, she had opted to not dye her hair to mask it. It fell in a graceful wave that just passed her shoulders.

Her face was slender, matching with the rest of her body. At least, to a degree, anyways. Age always made keeping oneself in shape difficult. The lithe figure she'd had through her mid 30s hadn't quite faded, but she'd put on a little weight around her middle. Her buxom bosom were no longer the perky orbs they'd been when she'd been married, though the bra she wore did well to mask that sag.

Her hips were wider now, a remnant of her pregnancy as well. A pretty woman, she felt prideful she did not look like some of her friends, some who looked more like they were in their 50s despite being younger than her.

Either way, as she made her way to the living room, the doorbell rang. So he'd already arrived? Glancing to the clock, she smiled.

"Very timely..." she murmured, brushing her wavy hair back as she headed to the door.

Clad in a sundress that fell to her knees, with a floral print, she was as modest as she could be. Her bust was difficult to hide - in fact, practically impossible - and showed a generous amount of cleavage in the light v-neck.

As she came to the door, she smiled as she saw the young man. Terry had shown her a picture of him, so she knew even before she opened the door.

"Jim Ross?" She smiled gently. "Terry said you would be coming. Jennifer Wright." She offered a hand. "Please, come in!"

The door swung open not long after, and Jim happened to be distracted at that moment, gazing at the identical homes stretching along the road. As he turned his head towards the creaking door, he froze as soon as the lady of the house came into view. His lower lip fell open just a tad as he nearly did a double take.

Jim had not really become acquainted with Terry's mom before, so part of him even suspected if he had the wrong address. Save for the tone of her skin somewhat matching Terry's, Jim couldn't see much resemblance between the striking woman in front of him and the very unremarkable young man that was supposedly her son.

Maybe he had the wrong house after all? Right then, she called out his name, settling the debate.

He let his gaze slide down to take in her form before promptly rising once again to her chest, which seemed to heave as she took in a breath. Her cleavage was moderately on display, her breasts pushed up and together in a manner to form the deepest, most inviting cleavage. Jim did little to hide where his attention was focused, and it was only when her hand came up into view that he snapped out of it.

A smile tugged at the edge of his lips. "Thank you! Good to be here," he said, reaching out and shaking her hand. He couldn't help but notice the way her bosom jiggled at the mini vibrations of her handshake. Before he was supposed to let go, he held it instead, tilting his head to the side.

"It's curious, Terry has never said a word about you," he remarked, his gaze noticeably running down the woman's figure. "Mm, maybe if he had, I'd have finally accepted one of his many invites," Jim confessed before letting go of her hand. He watched her reaction closely, curious to know what he was dealing with here. His remark, though innocent on the surface, could be taken in a number of ways.

Jim reached for the handle of his plastic suitcase, lifting it up, ready to carry it across the threshold of the door as soon as the lady of the house stepped out of the way. He wasn't quite certain what this summer would look like, but he was certain that it'd be an interesting one for sure.

Jennifer was oblivious to Jim's remarks, waving her hand and laughing lightly.

"Oh, I'm sure he's got no reason to talk about his old mother," she replied with a gentle smile.

What son would just openly talk about their mother, anyways? It wasn't as if she was that remarkable. The double meaning didn't really faze her. While Jennifer may have felt she was pretty, it was more for her age, not because she enjoyed the eyes of others on her. Well. She did. But, more, she liked Robert's eyes on her. She felt she had succeeded, outside of the two not being half as intimate as they'd been years ago.

She stepped out of the way, letting the young man walk inside. He was handsome. She noted he was still wearing his interview suit.

That crisp suit of his certainly made an impression, and he had an air of... almost, authority, the way that he carried himself, and a swagger that knew he was everything that he felt he was, and more than everything people thought of him. It was attractive to see a man who was as confident as he was - and that was just in the way he carried himself. Jennifer pondered to herself that had she been younger, she would have swooned for a man like that. Of course, her maturity and age did plenty to mellow that girlish behavior now. Stealing a look here and there wasn't a problem, of course. Robert certainly did with young women, as much as he tried to hide it.

"Terry explained everything. At least, as much as he could," she went on, guiding Jim towards the living room. "You'll be staying over the summer, right? For classes. I'm impressed you're staying in town. Terry's been off with his new girlfriend doing god knows what. That boy... I swear, he used to be much more studious." She shook her head lightly, but smiled nonetheless.

"Anyways. There's a guest bedroom and his, and you're welcome to choose either. Oh, you can leave your suitcase here for the moment. Take a look first," she offered. There wasn't really too much reason to rent out the room - Robert made plenty and the house was nearly completely paid off already. Still, she wouldn't have the young man staying if he didn't really want to be there. Guiding him upstairs, she led him down the hall to the two rooms, one across from the other.

"Take a look! See what you think." She smiled, gesturing to each of the rooms as she stood in the hallway.

Jim raised his eyebrows as Jeniffer waved off the fact her son had not mentioned her before. She was right, under normal circumstances why would Terry bring her up? Sure enough Terry was well aware of Jim's reputation but he'd never assume his mom would ever be in the young man's sights. Was he right? Was he wrong? Time would tell.

In any case Jim made a mental note to text Terry about 'keeping his hot mom a secret', certain that'd produce a sleepless night as a result. It's not that Jim liked to tease him all that much, but he had the ability to be remarkably annoying and at times very clingy.

The young man stepped inside, taking a brief look around before he set the suitcase down at the lady's beckoning. "For work. I've got an internship." Jim corrected her, smiling as she spoke of Terry's new girlfriend. Nice girl, a bit 'overzealous' though, Terry would have quite a hard time keeping her attention solely focused on him. That's why Jim had put in a good word and in return he got this room almost for free. Yet again, a quick glance around the house and one could tell this wasn't a family in need of rent money.

Jim turned around to face the lady of the house, narrowing his eyes a bit as he took in her form, her facial features. She was almost twice his age, despite being remarkably well-kept. As inappropriate as it was, he was finding it quite difficult to keep his gaze off of her. If he had to guess as to why the sudden fascination, partly it was the woman's delectable curves. Jim's usual company was around his age yes and you'd be hard pressed to find curves like these on a 20 something year old lithe girl. Certainly there were other factors, her face for one was strikingly attractive, in a manner that the years that had passed seemed to only enhance her beauty.

Occupied with his thoughts as he was, he noticed belatedly the lady had moved off towards the stairs and Jim had to rush a bit to catch up. Right then her hypnotizing hips gave him quite the show as with each step, her cheeks took turns stretching out the fabric of her summer dress.

Reaching the end of the hallway, he glanced at the two rooms. Yet his gaze went to a third door, what he assumed was the master bedroom of the house, where she slept and he went and chose the room next to it.

Stepping inside Jim did not really pay much attention to the room's decoration or furniture. He lazily looked around before going to take a seat at the edge of the bed.

"Hmm..." he let out pensively before suddenly bouncing up and down a bit on the mattress, his face turning sideways as he focused on the noise.

"What's your policy on visitors?" Jim asked the lady looking up before realizing it was a silly question. There was no way he'd spend the summer with his dick in his hands. "I suppose a better question is, are you a light sleeper?"

Jennifer watched as he stepped into one of the two rooms - surprisingly taking Terry's room. She would have thought the young man would have liked a room that wasn't decorated to Terry's tastes, wanting his own style, but she paid no mind. If that was the room that he wanted, then... well, he would get it.

Terry had already told her he wasn't going to be back for basically the entire summer, and if he was, he'd spend it at his dorm. He'd become remarkably hesitant about coming home since that girlfriend of his... and of course, Jennifer was not so prude that she didn't realize why. It did sadden her a little to see her little boy growing up, but such was life. He wasn't a little boy anymore, and if she could get that image of him being a child out of her mind, maybe she would see that he was as fit and grown up as the one now seated on his bed.

Though, of course, the very reasons she thought that Terry wasn't going to be coming home, Jim very blithely put forward. An eyebrow raised, she eyed the young man, then let out a small laugh. It wasn't as though she had been completely chaste while she was in college, though she wasn't so sure she would have been so bold as to talk openly like that.

"You're welcome to have guests," She replied. "And... we ask that you keep your activities with whatever guests you bring quiet. Or, at least, do so while my husband and I are both not around."

She gave him a wry smile. "How often should I expect you to have visitors?" Based on how confident and forward he was, Jennifer would hazard a guess. It was laughable to even be asking what felt like crude questions. Jim didn't appear uncomfortable in the slightest though, only appearing to watch her thoughtfully.

"I do hope that we don't put a damper on whatever you might be doing so late at night," She giggled slightly, a faint smirk on her lips.

Jim leaned back a bit, his hands pressed into the mattress behind his back, curiously watching the reaction of the lady of the house. For sure she wasn't a prude and not unreasonable either. He could easily have seen her clam up or even chastise the young man for even bringing this up, but she found it endearing.

"I certainly hope you and your husband are not around often," he replied with a cocky grin. His thoughts having been otherwise occupied from the moment he'd entered the house, he had not paid attention to the glimmering golden circle around her finger. Certainly it'd be logical to expect she'd be married, although with the divorce rate so high, he wouldn't have been surprised to hear she was a divorcee as well. Sadly that wasn't the case, but it's not like discovering she was spoken for made Jim any less prone to letting his gaze wander over her curvaceous figure.
As she giggled, Jim added, "Well I certainly hope I do not put a damper on whatever you and your husband aren't doing late into the night," that confident smile appeared on his lips again.

He didn't know her husband, but he knew Terry and those genes of his had to come from somewhere. He was confident in ruling out the fact that Terry's father was a stallion. That made it even more perplexing that such a woman would accept being chained down to such a man.

Jim patted the mattress beside him, as a sign to beckon the older woman to take a seat. "I'm sorry for saying this..." he wasn't. "...but I got the impression you might be divorced. I've come across Terry's dad briefly on campus and..." he glanced down at her body openly. "Well let's just say I cannot picture the two of you together." He was lying about coming across Terry's dad, yet he was confident in his deduction and wanted to prod the issue regardless.

"Maybe there's something there that I am not seeing," Jim added, knowing he was overstepping his boundaries as a guest, but pressing on regardless. "I certainly hope so, but I can tell you what I saw that day..." he tried to contain a laugh, bumping her shoulder in a playful manner. "Well let's just say I'll rest assured my sleep won't be disturbed at all." he thought for a moment. "Unless you decided to take things into your own hands..." he eyed her fingers.

"I wouldn't be so confident about those accusations, if I were you," She teased. A faint smirk grew on Jennifer's face, the subtle jab at her love life not exactly wrong. It wasn't as though she and Robert had bed rocking sex every night of the week, but she certainly had been with him recently. Well, at least in the last month. That was more than some of her friends could say, anyways. The older woman didn't refuse Jim's invitation, although she was a bit puzzled about Terry's father visiting him at all on campus. She hadn't heard that at all from Robert but... well, it must not have been important, or perhaps had to deal with tuition - there had been some little snafu at the bursar if she could recall correctly.

She laughed a little, shaking her head a little bit, "Oh, you boys think just looks are all a woman is looking for?" She clicked her tongue lightly, waving her finger then smiled at him. "You'd be missing a good bit of what a woman looks for, then."

She did love her husband. Well, she believed she did. Rather... she was content with that idyllic life of hers, enjoying the comfort that a stable man could provide her and the occasional evening of pleasure. Robert wasn't so much a looker anymore, most men do grow languid in marriages, but he wasn't half-bad either. He hadn't turned into a ball of odorous fat, but he did leave something to be desired.

Still, she laughed again, rolling her eyes a little bit, "There's more to marriage than keeping your neighbors up." She teased yet again, keeping the little space between them on the bed. The echoes of her conversations with her friends did remind her of this young man too.

Not an insignificant number of her friends had divorced once their children were of age. The thought had never really crossed her mind, but the insinuation from the young man certainly had pushed that way.

"I think my own hands are quite steady with what they want." She smiled, twirling her hand in front of her, letting the glimmer of sunlight through the magnificent diamond sparkle.

There was more to the woman that sat next to him than met the eye. Though she wasn't wholly appreciative of Jim making such accusations towards the man she'd chosen to make a life with, she nonetheless did not make a fuss about it. Perhaps she was aware that Jim wasn't that far off with what he was insinuating and maybe, just maybe there was a hint of regret evident in her voice.

Though Jim matched her laughter as she teased him back, his features relaxed into an easy smile, looking down to her twirling hand, then back up to her eyes. "I suppose you're right. At the end of the day, I'm a big believer in the precept 'whatever floats your boat'." He slapped his thigh and got up onto his feet, throwing one final look around the room.

"To answer your previous question, I'll move in," he declared, walking over to a nearby desk and checking out a photo of Terry, his mom and his dad from ages ago. From that Jim assumed this was Terry's room he had picked, suddenly becoming aware of a few other tell tale signs.

"The room is..." he shook his head a bit, smiling not to say anything unkind, but it was clear he wasn't all that impressed with it.

"However the hostess more than makes up for it." Jim added, looking to Jennifer, "I know I might have a bit of an unusual and hectic lifestyle and I wasn't too sure how that would gel with the dynamic of a family home, but having met you I have a good feeling about it. Let's say I never would have imagined that Terry's mom would be so easy going, but there we are."

"This might even work out better than expected. I think I'd benefit from a more mature experience and likewise..." he let his words linger in the air before looking towards the door, thinking to go get his luggage, but before that he stepped forward towards Jennifer.

"So how do we do this? Is there a contract I need to sign? Or is a handshake good enough?" Jim wondered, tilting his head slightly as he studied her features.

The woman gave a nod to the young man as he remarked, watching as he stood up and inspected the room a little further. It wasn't particularly large, but he would only be staying for a couple months over the summer. There was no need for Jennifer to really pull out all the stops and make the room his own. She laughed lightly, shaking her head.

"Oh stop it you." She hushed at the comment, moving to stand up and meet his eyes.
"It's no problem. Terry lived here for a little before moving to campus, so I understand at least a little." She replied lightly.

"Oh, right. Robert was adamant we have a contract." She replied, shrugging her shoulders.

I didn't really see the need, what with Terry vouching for you as he did. But my husband was a stickler about that.

“It's just downstairs in the office." She replied, gesturing for Jim to follow as she stepped out of the room.

Walking along the hall, she glanced back at him, then continued on.

"It's all the usual things of a contract. Paying monthly until you've got to leave, if it has to terminate, all that usual legaleze nonsense..." It wasn't as though Jennifer didn't understand what the contract said, but it wasn't ever in the forefront of her mind.

She was the hostess and she had no problem hosting Jim. Why should any of it matter? Unless of course Jim wasn't a good tenant, but she had a good feeling. She did enjoy the little teasing remarks and their banter. It was nice to get such complimentary remarks from a young man half her age.

"You're welcome to eat with us or take your food with you. I don't cook daily, but I do regularly enough. Anything in the fridge is fair game, and if you'd like to cook for yourself, I ask that you clean up your dishes too." She offered as they reached downstairs, passing by the kitchen as they headed to the office.

"There's a fridge in the garage as well, so if the one in the kitchen is full..." Jennifer went on, continuing to explain things even as they reached the office. When she did her part time work, it was usually in here. On the printer, there was a contract that she handed off to the young man.

"Here you are. Just sign and date here," She smiled.

Jim nodded, as he looked around, scrunching his nose the moment it was confirmed this was Terry's room. Regardless, it was like he'd said before, the hostess more than made up for it. Once she mentioned the contract, Jim simply nodded, but to hear that it was her husband insisting on it made him raise an eyebrow.

"Maybe your husband does not trust his son all that much." Jim added nonchalantly but before he could get a reply he simply laughed it off.

"I'm kidding, it's nice to formalize things. Good on Robert." and he smiled affirmatively as she suggested Jim follow after her.

He almost didn't need to think about it, that heavenly derriere seemed to draw the young man on its own, so much so that as she turned around his gaze was rather unashamedly onto her swaying hips with Jim letting out mindless 'mhm's and 'yeah's to confirm he was fine with the contents of the contract that was to be signed.

With Robert insisting on the contract, it did indeed suggest he didn't trust his son's judgement all that much. To be fair that Jim couldn’t fault him, knowing Terry Jim was aware he was book smart but at times could have as much common sense as a fence post. Perhaps that was something that Jennifer overlooked. It would certainly fit the ‘caring mother’ persona that Jim's observing right now. Appreciative of her husband and close to her son. At the risk of oversimplifying, this was the picture of Jennifer that Jim had painted in his mind.

Reaching downstairs, Jennifer turned a corner that broke the line of sight with her lovely butt and made Jim's sense return back to him, allowing him to actually pay attention to what she was saying with regards to the food.

"Ah, that's nice to know. I'm not really a breakfast person. Lunch I imagine I'll take at the office whilst for dinner...well I do not cook. I'm spoiled in that regard. I had quite a lot of female friends cooking for me whilst I was on campus. To that end, I wouldn't mind sampling some of your cooking. If your hospitality so far is any indication, I'm in for quite a treat,” Jim added as he took the contract from Jennifer’s hands.

Without even reading it, he put down his signature.

"Here you go. Hope Robert is happy," he teased, "Since I'm now officially part of the household, what's for dinner?" a cheeky smile on his face.

Jennifer took the contract back, inspecting it and setting it onto the desk. Robert would see it later and file it away, she was sure.

Though, she couldn't help but laugh, shaking her head and brushing back her hair with a smile, "I might make you do chores if you're so eager for dinner." She teased right back at him, a smirk on her face as she stepped past him.

"You'll find out what dinner is once dinner is served." She added an equally cheeky smile on her face as she glanced back at him. "Why don't you get unpacked? I won't be starting on dinner yet."

It was, after all, still the afternoon. Not that Jennifer had too much else to worry about. Most of the daily chores she'd gotten done early that morning, before her friends had come for lunch. She had already gone shopping for groceries before. If anything, she had some time to relax and enjoy the afternoon for a little before she'd really need to do anything.

"If you need anything, let me know." She offered, giving Jim a gentle smile. "I'll be in the living room." With that, the woman headed on to the living room, picking up her tablet to read and relax until the early evening came around.

====

Jim did not need to read the contract to know that cooking for him was not part of the deal. She'd been gracious in offering it and yet it was something that he expected. With that Jim stepped away, grabbing his luggage and heading upstairs. Carrying the luggage in one hand, his phone on the other, he shot a quick text to Terry.

"Hey man, I wasn't so sure about the room to be very honest." Jim put the phone in his pocket as he reached the top of the stairs, but he barely made it to the room before his pocket vibrated.

"What? Why? It's a great room. Should I tell my dad to lower the rent?" was Terry's follow-up message. He was well aware that upsetting Jim would jeopardize his new relationship with his girl. Though Terry waited for a reply, his message went unanswered for now.

The rest of the afternoon was taken up by Jim unpacking into his new room and also grabbing a shower. He’d changed into something more casual, black jeans and a plain blue t-shirt before heading downstairs to see about dinner.

Meanwhile, Jennifer had made significant progress through her book. She felt like she hardly ever took the time to actually sit and read, and it had been refreshing to relax for a little bit. She could hear the young man upstairs settling himself into Terry's room. She'd taken care to remove a good amount of Terry's clothes that he no longer fit into - or she'd deemed were just too old. That boy never really cared about his appearance enough, not until he'd gotten to college. Well, even then, it was only a little and it had paid off - he was now seeing a young woman. Everytime she pressured the boy to bring his girlfriend home, he always came up with some excuse. Jennifer wasn't that embarrasing of a parent, was she?

Either way, she'd made her way to the kitchen, pulling her long red locks back into a messy bun and tying an apron around her as she began to prepare dinner today. On the menu was roast chicken with a pan sauce, along with roasted vegetables and homemade bread she'd baked the day before. She'd already mixed up some garlic butter, both ovens already going as she prepped the chicken, chopping up vegetables, and checking the oven temperatures.

Hearing footsteps, she'd turned, a smile on her face, "Good evening, Jim!" She spoke cheerfully, turning back to the work in front of her.

"Dinner won't be ready for, oh, maybe about another hour." She hummed, adept as she worked about her kitchen. It was hers, in fact - a few years back, they had gotten it remodeled and she'd worked with the designer to make sure it was exactly what she wanted. She smiled as she finished up what she was doing with the chicken, bringing a brush delicately over the skin before stepping away.

"Excuse me, I need to get this in the oven..." She murmured, popping the door down and sliding the bird in.

"There. Are you all settled in?" She asked, closing the door, glancing at him, then returning to the vegetables. "You look comfortable now, so I would hope so!"

Stepping into the living room Jim could hear the murmur of activity in the kitchen and he followed the sounds until he reached the doorway.

"Evening.” he replied with a smile, leaning the side of his body against the doorframe.

He took in the kitchen for once. Not that he was that much of an expert in interior decoration and whatnot, but everything seemed to have been placed with a purpose. It certainly gave off a very welcoming and homely vibe, all thanks to the lady of the house, which Jim certainly appreciated.

"It's alright, do your thing." he commented as his eyes returned to the woman, once again admiring the silhouette of her body.

"Yeah I unpacked everything. You wouldn't know it coming into the room though. I prefer to be rather minimal, except for my clothes which all fit inside the wardrobe, I didn't bring much else." he smiled recalling the brief convo with Terry.

"Your son offered me another discount on the rent. I know the contract is signed, but I'd thought I'd mention it." he looked up to see her reaction before breaking into a laugh.

"I'm kidding. Though Terry was quite adamant I took the room. He's very keen to repay me."

"Oh?" Surprise came over Jennifer's face. "Really?" She furrowed her brow a little bit. Why would Terry go trying to reduce the rent again? That didn't really add up, although Jim brushed it off jokingly. She let out a little laugh. "Well, I suppose you already signed." She said whilst chopping up the vegetables.

Right then the sound of a car pulling into the driveway was heard.

Jim didn't have to guess as to who that was. He glanced at the time on his phone. It was approaching 9.

"Robert must be quite a hard worker." he commented, his sentence cut off by a loud bang as the front door seemed to have been slammed shut.

"He is. Sometimes too hard." She replied, a tinge of disappointment evident for only a moment.

Maybe Robert didn't have such a nice day. The sound of footsteps behind him grew louder until an older man in a suit appeared behind Jim. On purpose Jim angled his body so that he was occupying more of the doorway. He heard Robert stop behind him. Would he ask Jim to move or would he try to squeeze through? He cleared his throat which Jim pretended not to hear.

Exasperated, Robert just squeezed through. "Evening," he let out in an annoyed tone, throwing a quick look to his wife before looking at Jim behind him now.

"You're Terry's friend?" Robert growled.

Jim smiled and nodded.

"You signed the contract?"

Jim raised an eyebrow, as if to show his surprise at the man's hostility, but regardless kept his smile as he nodded.

It was clear to Jennifer Robert wasn't happy, though her surprise at his hostility wasn’t as great as Jim’s, she’d clearly experienced it before.

"Hi, honey." She smiled. "Dinner will be ready in just a bit." She stated, quickly putting the vegetables into the next oven as Robert greeted their new tenant.
Of course, greeted him with the delicacy of a hammer to a glass vase. She let out a sigh, looking to him. He seemed very tense today, and she was sure that it had nothing to do with Jim or with the contract at all.

"Honey..." She closed the distance between them, her hand patting his chest.

"He may be renting, but he's still our guest," She stated lightly.

Her hand brushed his cheek, leaning up to give him a light peck. "Go wash up." She murmured, her hand caressing his cheek lightly.

"Dinner will be ready when you come down. I promise." She hummed.

She wasn't going to have Robert be so overtly business and cold with Jim, even if he'd had a bad day. That was bad manners. Robert would cool down after a nice shower and once he was full.

Jim could see that the man of the house not only was in a bad mood, but he seemed to have forgotten his manners back in the office.

Regardless Jennifer was quick to jump in and defuse the situation. Though the look in Robert's eyes remained hostile despite him forcing a smile eventually. Jim seemed unaffected, he crossed his arms over his chest, likewise forcing a smile only when Jennifer was looking his way.

Robert was gone soon enough, Jim decided to lean away to give him more leeway to pass.

"You know what? I think I lost my appetite. I'm sure it'll be delicious though. Good night." Jim told the lady of the house and headed back upstairs.

"Oh?" She paused as Jim had decided to forgo dinner today. Well, he wasn't required to join them. She had honestly thought he would take a plate and head to his room. Terry often had done that, though it was more to play on his computer and eat rather than be downstairs with his boring mother and heavy handed father. Unless, of course, Robert told him to stay downstairs and eat. Jennifer herself had given up on making him stay downstairs and eat with them when he got to that sulky high school phase of his.

"Good night, then!" She called after him, watching as he headed on upstairs.

The first day of Jim as a new tenant had been a mixed one. The high of the introduction in the afternoon was matched by the low of being introduced to Robert. It's not that it affected Jim in any way, it merely served as confirmation of how unsuitable that man was.

As he lay on the bed, staring blankly at the ceiling, Jim pulled out his phone rereading Terry’s last text.

"What? Why? It's a great room. Should I tell my dad to lower the rent?"

Jim brought his phone up, typing a reply, "Nah it's fine. After I saw how hot your mom was, I decided to take it."

There was a bubble of text on the screen as if Terry started to type and then nothing.

A bombshell had just been dropped on Terry, afterall he knew Jim’s reputation quite well, though he’d never assume that he’d actually come on to a woman twice his age. Surely he wouldn’t, not with his dad there?

Terry tried to calm down, repeating to himself that his mom wasn’t some college floozy that Jim could easily wrap around his finger.

That was true. She wasn’t. Not yet.

Back
Top Bottom