Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pantsless Pirates [D&D 5E]

Lord_Red

Star
System: D&D 5th Edition.
Player Count: Up to four.
Style Of Play: High seas malarkey! Adventure! Looting! Sex!
Allowed Content: Anything not on the list, do not ask for.
-Player's Handbook
-Dungeon Master's Guide
-Xanathar's Guide To Everything
-Volo's Guide To Monsters
-Mordenkainen's Tome Of Foes
-Guildmaster's Guide To Ravnica
-Eberron: Rising From The Last War
-Tasha's Cauldron Of Everything
-Monsters Of The Multiverse
-Unearthed Arcana, Homebrew, or anything else available free and legally online by request. Please include a link with any request for these!

Character Creation: Sheets are best hosted on Mythweavers, in my experience, but so long as I can easily view your sheet, I don't care where it goes.
-Backstory: Skirt length
-Experience: 5th Level Gestalt (See Spoiler)
-Wealth: Standard wealth by class and background. You may replace any existing armor with any mundane armor you have proficiency with. You also get one Common magic item and 500 extra GP.
-Ability Scores: Pick six numbers. These are your pre-racial stats. No number may be higher than 18 or less than 8. You may modify them freely up until the game starts, and may pick duplicate numbers.
-HP: Max at level one, average (rounded up) therafter.
-Alignment: You're pirates, not monsters. And the governments nominally in charge aren't the best. So amoral at worst, heroic at best. Err heroic.

Other Notes: No backgrounds from Ravnica.
When you make your character, also make at least one NPC crewmate aboard the Highwind. They don't need stats, just personality and such.
No multiclassing.
You gain the higher hit die from your classes.
You gain weapon, tools, and armor proficiencies from both classes.
You gain three saves total, chosen from among any saves available to your classes. If you can only pick two, you must pick those two, but then gain an extra free pick of save proficiency.
You may take skills from either class's list, and take the higher number of skills to gain from class.
You gain equipment from one class only. If you need essentials from another class (for instance, a Fighter//Wizard without an arcane focus) just ask, and you can have it.
Spellcasting is kept entirely separate on leveling, but in play, you can use slots from both sides for either side's spells.
A level five Wizard//Fighter (not EK) has the normal slots of a level five Wizard.
A level five Wizard//Cleric would have eight 1st level slots, six 2nd level, and four 3rd level.
A level five Wizard//Paladin would have eight 1st level slots, five 2nd level, and two 3rd level.

In play, you can use any slots for any spell you know or have prepped.
For ASIs, you gain them from both sides, but no stat can be raised by more than 2 at any level.

The Free League Of The People fell about three decades ago. Many of the people have stayed where they are, under the new government of the Anslan Hegemony. For many, life hasn't changed too much. However, for those more critically affected by the takeover, many resorted to piracy. Raids and looting, against the Hegemony for those who wish to see the League return, and against anyone for those less concerned with others.

You are crewmates of the Highwind, under the watchful eye of Captain Sasha LeFleur. No one quite knows where she came from-her family, her past, all that remains a mystery. But she commands her vessel with grace and force, like silk-covered steel. You might be a recent addition to the crew, or a long-serving mate, but you align with her goals and work hard for her and for yourself.

I'd like to just throw my hat into the ring.

Alright, I will kick things off for the character creation thing: I have many more ideas, in case a player plays a character that overlaps in style of play. In fact, I am a firm supporter of the idea that no one character should be able to do everything: it is a cooperative game and the characters should cover each other's weaknesses, each with their own strengths.

Name: Giuda of the Spring Tide tribe
Species: Sea Elf
Height: 167cm (5'6")
Weight: 60kg (132lbs)

Personality: a calm but very lewd young man. He rather dislikes arrogance and does not brag of accomplishments of his own very much.

Background: he is the seventh child of an archduke, taught in the martial ways of the sea elves, as well as the arcane knowledge that a noble duke would need in their lives. Even so, the primogeniture standard of succession meant that his older siblings would become the next archduke before him and their children as well. After hearing so much of the surface, and the many adventures that awaited people of all walks of life in places outside of their underwater fortress, wanderlust gripped him and he decided to leave.

Class: Wizard/Artificer going with Divination and Alchemist for subclasses.

With regards to the NPC crewmate, I have the following idea:

Name: Aaron
Species: Human
Height: 197cm (6'5")
Weight: 100kg

Description: a burly man of dark hair and fair skin, with rippling muscles that are visible due to his preference for revealing or unrestrictive clothes.

Personality: a stoic man, who does not like to show pain or weakness. Nevertheless, he is compassionate towards those who are worse off than him, even to his own detriment.

Last edited:
Possible interest here! I do enjoy playing a pirate lass.

If I could ask a question, how much sexy content do you expect/want, and where will it be coming from? That's sort of two questions... nevertheless!

I'm in! But like Flying Tengu, I'd like to know the amount and nature of sexy content before I make my character.

I'd like a decent mix of adventure/piracy and sexiness. Additionally, just due to my personal preferences, I'd like the smutty content to be consensual-it can be surprising or unexpected or what have you, but I'm just not a huge fan of rape content.

To that end, it'd be good for player characters to be ready to start the rumpus funtimes, though obviously NPCs can and will proposition too.

I've half a mind of playing an androgynous male sea elf. But the classes combination is still up in the air: I want to see what the rest of the players want to play first, before pitching my character... if I am selected as a player in the first place.

I'd absolutely love to join up if you're still looking. In utc/ +0 timezone (I think.. always been bad at these. it's 16:18 at time of writing), been playing 5e for.. 4 ish years, played gestalt and know how to make a sheet for it. Also not a fan of noncon/ rape/ dubcon.

Basic char details below, I'll make a sheet when I'm back home but I'm super excited to throw my (tricorn) hat in the ring.
Helena.jpeg

• Race: Human
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Red hair, brown eyes.
  • Chaotic Neutral (hopefully not in a lolrandom way)
  • Background: sailor(pirate)
  • Classes: Swashbuckler rogue, College of swords bard.
  • Backstory:
    Left her village after the blame was cast on her for several suspicious 'incidents' and 'disappearances' when she was in her early teens. After getting away from an angry mob, she wandered for several years, working on fishing boats or stealing to survive. When she was 19 she managed to get into a college, and managed to get through two years (mostly by sleeping with or blackmailing the right people) despite many incidents of coming to class hungover or drunk, fighting, and other inappropriate behaviours. In her third year this finally caught up to her, and she was promptly kicked out after staging an orgy in a lecture hall involving both students and staff. She holds to this day that it was only because the staff members who discovered it were pissed off that they weren't invited.

With her academic ambitions stifled, Helena promptly signed on with the first pirate crew she could. It was here she finally found a sense of purpose, of belonging. On the deck of a ship, wind in her hair, surrounded by the wild blue ocean. That, or vicious bare teeth fighting, cutting foes down with a wild grin. On that ship she found her pleasures, never happier than while drinking, sailing, fighting, or fucking. Though not always at the same time. On the Highwind, she gets all that and more, so she's happy to serve. Though she would perhaps prefer her own ship, still, that sounds like a problem for another time.

There we go, I hope that works! I'll add an npc once I get home, just wanted to get this out here because excitement!

So, for reference, the game will be Play By Post on Blue Moon, not on Discord or anything.
As such, time zones don't matter a ton.

I want to see what the rest of the players want to play first, before pitching my character
I'm also holding off to allow others to pick, as I have a few concepts and I want to accommodate other players. I'll probably play one of the following:

If the DM allows firearms and we need an arcane blaster, I'm thinking of a tiefling artificer/wizard that also serves as the Highwind's shipwright.

If we need a healer or other divine spellcaster, I'm thinking of an aasimar cleric/monk. This is the most overtly sexual of my concepts, as sexuality would shape her religious worldview.

If we need a frontline tank, I'm thinking of a half-orc barbarian/fighter focusing on unarmed combat - a sailor who learned to fight in bars. She may be less conventionally attractive, but I hope that's not a deal-breaker.

I'm trying to avoid playing humans (even though the aasimar basically looks human and the tiefling isn't far off), since D&D ERP tends to be all humans and half-elves in my experience.

So, for reference, the game will be Play By Post on Blue Moon, not on Discord or anything.
As such, time zones don't matter a ton.
Gotcha. still figured it was useful to let people know in case quicker back n forth is ever an option.

That said, would you be ok with me joining/ ok with the character?

Working on my character sheet now.

Are there firearms/cannons in this world, or is it all swords and sorcery?

Gotcha. still figured it was useful to let people know in case quicker back n forth is ever an option.

That said, would you be ok with me joining/ ok with the character?
Yes, totally.
Working on my character sheet now.

Are there firearms/cannons in this world, or is it all swords and sorcery?
Cannons, yes. Firearms, no.

Back
Top Bottom