Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Linked YT clips now suddenly auto-playing...?

Sync

Corporate Drone
Supporter
I don't know if it's just me (clearly), but I've noticed that linked YouTube clips are now either auto-playing in threads (which is REALLY annoying when you're watching one clips and another on the same page also starts playing) or at trying to auto-play.

Only started happening in the last week or so.

Is there a setting change that I've missed, or is this a bug in the forum...? Anyone else noticing this?

I haven't noticed this (because I haven't been to any threads having youtube clips), but all of a sudden none of my discord photo links seem to work, so I guess something has changed, but I have no idea what. But I'll admit it's slightly annoying, heh. Either that, or discord pics have an expiry date that I don't know about

I don't know if it's just me (clearly), but I've noticed that linked YouTube clips are now either auto-playing in threads (which is REALLY annoying when you're watching one clips and another on the same page also starts playing) or at trying to auto-play.

Only started happening in the last week or so.

Is there a setting change that I've missed, or is this a bug in the forum...? Anyone else noticing this?
What browser/device are you using? I'm on Windows 11/Edge and they aren't auto-playing for me anywhere.

Is this only a specific thread, or everywhere onsite that YouTube links are posted?

What browser/device are you using? I'm on Windows 11/Edge and they aren't auto-playing for me anywhere.

Is this only a specific thread, or everywhere onsite that YouTube links are posted?
Win10 - 22H2 - build 19054.4046
MS Edge - build 122.0.2365.52

I'm noticing it particularly in my own journal thread, as well as the What are you listening to thread - if the clips don't auto-play, they're sure as heck trying to, eg:
1708771086888.png

1708771113308.png

I know there's a media autoplay setting in Edge and I've set that to Block, but it appears to keep happening - I'll keep an eye on it, though.

Back
Top Bottom