Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Tormented Queen CYOA (OOC)

It is most important to protect the capital from outside threats so ignoring 2 could leave a third column inside the city and the effects of forbidden magic cannot be predicted. For now therefor I say we ignore 1. At least that is something we are familiar with and when times get better we can clamp down on this trade again.

I agree with ignoring 1. The drug and slave trade at least are no real danger to the kingdom and would realistically be the most difficult to manage regardless.

I'll be voting for 3.

Letting drug runners and slavers in will destroy the confidence of the people. Not even mentioning the fact that getting rid of this issue later is going to be unbelievably more difficult if they're entrenched.

Allowing Arkoroni soldiers in will give them direct information and the opportunity to undermine the Queen by showing that they can do whatever they please.

Option 3 is something that is most likely to be able to be dealt with under the table. The end result could be dangerous, but powerful magic is liable to be a slow and arduous process.

I'll give this voting until Sunday in case more people want to cast their votes or change them based on the conversation. Interesting points so far! đź’•

Voting Closed for Chapter 3

Last edited:
I'll be voting for option 2.

Option 1 is, simply by the numbers, worse than the second option. It also loses more than simply the people there, as it sacrifices production. It'll put Kiree on a backfoot they can never come back from. We already bought ourselves 7 years from the demons, so that time should be spent consolidating and then destroying Arkoron. This option doesn't allow for that.

Option 2 seems like the best of three less-than-ideal options. At the very least, it doesn't seem to directly put Kiree on the backfoot like losing one of three cities or denouncing the cornerstone of Kathleen's power: the faith. Not to mention that sending them away does not mean that we cannot get them back.

Option 3 is also entirely too dangerous. The faith is the base upon which this kingdom of Kiree seems to be built, so turning their back on Eana weakens them more than anything. This is hardly even an option, so far as I see it.

I agree with the numbers argument 2 is better than 1. If we go for 3 the temples could make demands that would undermine the queen so yes it has to be option 2

I would wonder what good this goddess has done for her people lately. The Priestess and Paladins were no match for the demons after all, but ultimately the tribute options seems the most reasonable.

I vote 2.

Voting Closed for Chapter 4

Vote for Chapter 5

See the IC thread for options and post your vote in this thread. Let's see if three questions to vote for in one chapter works out!

Choice one: I don't think proclaiming her a heretic is good, especially not shaking things up. I could see this as a good thing almost for the fact that the High Priestess is hopefully not corrupted by the seed as Kathleen is, but it might still be too heavy handed. On top of that, because of the corruption I don't think it's smart to bring to bear any visions that she has any heed. I think remaining with the status quo would be the best, though I believe the next choice should shake said status quo up. As such, I'm choosing B for the first question.

Choice two: Times are tough, and this corruption is untenable. Letting it fester and grow is not acceptable, as it just in the last scene clearly takes hold of her during important meetings, and it has yet to even grow worse. And, since the enemy are more than happy to enslave and take advantage of the people of Kiree, I don't think having a leader who - at inopportune times - will listen to her lust over reason is a good choice. The unorthodox may be necessary in such times. If these were once part of religious texts, they may very well have been needed or been a tactic at one point in time. This could act as an inoculation and defense against the demon's corruption, and if it proves to work well for the queen, it may be important for the others who had been a part of the orgy. I'm choosing C for the second question.

Choice three: This choice only has one answer for me, and I don't like it. Arkoroni Inquisitors making the choice is sure to make the 1/7 that the princess goes a 7/7 chance with how the prince was beforehand. Not to mention, the shady back-alley deals are a temporary fix that is more akin to a timebomb if it ever comes to light. Letting the inquisitors choose is surrender in all but direct fealty, and giving the shadier parts of Kiree choice in this manner will almost assuredly exact a much higher cost than the random drawing will. I'm going with A for the third question.

I also think C for the first question you have to trust your high priestess and A for the second. I know it is not a permanent solution but it is a good stopgap.

For the third question I think we want to protect the princess so I vote C

I've moved all content warnings to the IC thread for simplicity. The full list is at the top, including potential future content (though I might have missed something). I'll wait a bit longer this round to see if we can get a few more participants.

Current votes:

1A: 0, 1B: 1, 1C: 4
2A: 2, 2B: 1, 2C: 2
3A: 2, 3B: 2, 3C: 1

I'll close voting some time during Friday. Ties will be broken at random unless more votes come in to change them, or if someone changes their vote. I'll do a recount after closing!

Any thoughts on having more than one question to vote for per chapter like in this one?

I vote for 1 B because it seems the best option to get more paladins who can do blessings and generally make the country more liveable. It will also prevent the country from seeing their religious temples to public disgrace.

I vote for 2C because the fact Kathleen is impulsive and hot headed she probably feels that getting a better deal from the demons is the best option.

I vote for B, let others join her in the dungeons - or go there on their own - if that is what they really want to do.

For the other, I think having two princes to entice and lay down the future of diplomacy is favorable... so I vote B to that too.

Back
Top Bottom