Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Notice Rule #4 adjustment (Minimum age of characters in adult situations).

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when will you be deactivating your account?
Oh no, my 15 year old swimmer boy named Jake now needs to be 16, I’m quitting.

🙄
My oh my have I lost my faith in humanity reading some of the responses in here.

Eys5OyyXAAcgQtu.jpg

banger responses holy shit

Doesn't affect me. The minimum I play is 16 anyway and a lot of partners I write with prefer 18+ so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wow....just wow. Some of these responses to the age limit thing are just straight up childish. BMR is one of the LAST places you can even play under 18 and people are bitching over one year? My head hurts reading some of these.

Here is the bottom line. Everyone bitching about this none of y'all own this site. None of y'all fix problems that arise and not a damned single soul complaining about this shit are on staff.

Don't like it? Cool. Rules are rules and rules are everywhere. Creeps are everywhere. Some of us want to be able to enjoy our stories without others thinking we are creeps ourselves. Age is personal choice. If you can't follow the rules go find somewhere else. But stop making staff look like the bad guys here. They aren't! I will get off my soapbox now.

This is terrible. I came here and have been a happy member here for over 2 years at this point, because of the freedom of writing. Not only does this go against that and align the site with the more authoritarian sites, it shows that even here, nothing is stable about the rules you come to admire and feel safe roleplaying with.

I don't recall ever doing a roleplay with characters under the age of 16, but that doesn't matter at all when it means I no longer have the option of doing a coming-of-age plot with two characters of that age who are somewhat romantically involved, as most people in reality are and do those kinds of things. I already left one site because of this type of rule (albeit theirs was a lot stricter), and this gives me the worst vibes possible.

I'm very tired of places both online and in reality tightening rules and stripping away freedom, especially when it comes to completely imaginary, fake, never-existed characters who cannot have their feelings hurt or lives destroyed, since they are literally words on a screen or ink on paper; the concept of age does not even apply to this, and anyone can interpret how a 1000-year-old "loli" looks. "Spirit of the rule" is a completely ridiculous concept, and I can't see myself sticking around here for much longer if this continues.

I've already been stripped of my freedom to write as high-school characters at all, even if 18 years old, which is why I left that particular site; this new BMR rule gives me the exact same vibes, and I don't appreciate it. At the end of the day, writing has zero bearing on reality, which is the entire point of writing. If reality is enforced, what's the point?

Huge L for every member here, even the ones who don't agree with under-16 sexual roleplays. I never though this site would disappoint me just like all the others.

The day this comes into effect, I will be dropping my Supporter status. The entire reason I became a supporter was for the freedom of writing this site provided, and the options it gave me; that's gone, now.
So, like... What's your minimum age?
I didn't care for 15 being the minimum age and I think it should be 18, but I can settle for 16 and I think it's actually giving a lot of wiggle room.
You're not being stripped of your freedom; this site has rules like every other site, and if you don't like it, then I hope you find a place that you do like.

The age of 15 is sweeter, ha . This has nothing to do with any laws or age of consent btw this is to do with control of freedom of expression and nothing more. It's happening everywhere, with art, literature, everything. But still we have to respect the site owner's decision, this is still the best site to RP on.

Last edited:
The age of 16 is… sweet

🫠
Well unless you and everyone else complaining own the site then that's how it is going to be. Don't have to like it. But you can't change it and frankly 100% support staff. They deserve better than this. Vekseid worked COUNTLESS hours just to get the site and everyone's stories back when the site crashed. I didn't see anyone else doing that.

The age of 15 is sweeter, ha . This has nothing to do with any laws or age of consent btw this is to with control of freedom of expression and nothing more,
You do realize not everyone likes or enjoys to play younger characters? Has nothing to do with freedom of expression just spoiled writers that yell that every time age becomes an issue. There is no such thing as creative freedom. Even fanfiction writers have to follow rules they post on. Your arguments are invalid.

Hey guys, let's please remember to keep all discussion of this civil. We have this thread unlocked so people can voice their opinion on this and allow their voices to be heard, but if it continues to devolve into arguments we'll have to lock it.

Thank you!

Wow, that is just cancelling out someone's point of view, what gives you the right to control others just because you don't like it???? That's what's wrong with the world today. If you dont like it , move on and shut up
You literally just told yourself and every other person that doesn't like the rule change just that.

Hey guys, let's please remember to keep all discussion of this civil. We have this thread unlocked so people can voice their opinion on this and allow their voices to be heard, but if it continues to devolve into arguments we'll have to lock it.

Thank you!
Of course. I just wish it didn't come to this. BMR is home to so many of us and not all of us want to devolve into arguments over a one year change.

I... honestly don't understand the big deal, tbh. Once again, I have no horses in this race, but I don't really see this as infringing on creative freedom. You can write whatever you want in the privacy of your own computer. But on a public site, well, the staff has their opinions, and quite frankly the staff are the one that have to read our posts every day so if they are more comfortable with the age change then so be it

No, I told you personally because of your insulting post.
It wasn't insulting. It was just the truth. There are rules everywhere. I didn't even have to say it you said it for me. The rule isn't changing. So move on.

I... honestly don't understand the big deal, tbh. Once again, I have no horses in this race, but I don't really see this as infringing on creative freedom. You can write whatever you want in the privacy of your own computer. But on a public site, well, the staff has their opinions, and quite frankly the staff are the one that have to read our posts every day so if they are more comfortable with the age change then so bet it
Thank you. This!

If you came to my house and I told you you can do anything except say the word 'fork', you shouldn't be surprised if I tell you to leave if you start screaming it the top of your lungs.

The moment you signed up to the site, you agreed to follow the rules or be sanctioned if you don't. And rules are subject to change when seen as appropriate. Not much else to it.

Anyway, I fail to see it as the huge deal that some people are making it out to be.

It absolutely was insulting...
If it came off that way it wasn't my intention. You are allowed to do whatever you want. But fighting about a rule change you have no sway over on a public site is meaningless and only works people up. Not worth it.

16 is the age of consent in America overall so this rule makes sense.
That has nothing to do with literature or art or freedom of expression, I'm well over 16, so I can consent to writing about a 15 year old or younger with another consenting adult, and I think you will find that's enshrined in your American rights.

That has nothing to do with literature or art or freedom of expression, I'm well over 16, so I can consent to writing about a 15 year old or younger with another consenting adult, and I think you will find that's enshrined in your American rights.
Honest I've never written no less than 16 myself so this doesn't even affect me. If enough people feel the opposite way they could donate money and let their voices be heard.

Honest I've never written no less than 16 myself so this doesn't even affect me. If enough people feel the opposite way they could donate money and let their voices be heard.
People do donate money to the site, and I hope that continues, but as you say this could also put money in another direction.

I speak as someone who has been outspoken against censorship in literature over the past years - this isn't infringing on anyone's rights lol. You still have the right to write whatever you want, but due to this being a public site owned by private individuals, limitations are expected. If a restaurant says "no shoes, no shirt, no service" are they infringing on your rights? According to the constitution, no. Because they reserve a right to refuse service. Bluemoons is the same. And even with this limitation, Bluemoons still offers more creative freedom than any other site I have been on. Idk, I get why some people are a little peeved, but honestly it really isn't a big deal.

If I tried to write a book with underage sex, I wouldn't be surprised if no one wanted to publish me because most people are skeeved out by that. Are the publishers enacting censorship or infringing on my creative freedom? No! They have a right to not want to publish work that has content they find disagreeable.

Honestly, I think it is ok to be bummed by the change, but I think it is... disingenuous to call it an impediment of creative freedom or a violation of rights.

Honestly, I think it is ok to be bummed by the change, but I think it is... disingenuous to call it an impediment of creative freedom or a violation of rights.

It's only a violation of rights if it were a Federal entity trying to censor what is being written. As US citizens, we have a right to Free Speech, and that also entails written works. But BMR is a privately hosted site, and therefore TOS are completely up to the owner. As someone who is definitely bummed out by the rule change, I also do not blame staff or Veks for the changes. I feel they held out as long as they could against growing pressure from various people doggedly bothering and possibly threatening them with legal ramifications (Which is total bullshit, btw), etc. Hell if I know what eventually made the sway, but I'm pretty sure this is more a matter of PR more than anything else. Does keeping the age limit at 15 turn out more people than it brings in? I think really, that's the issue here.

I totally understand the staff's actions, but I can't help but be a bit disgruntled at all the prudish whiners that nagged them to this end. Y'all know who you are. lol

I don't think any of my ACTIVE roleplays have any character UNDER 16, and I think since 16 is "legal consent" that this is more than fair. Just because RL kids have done it and gotten pregnant, doesn't mean we should write about it, unless in an historical aspect, like an essay. There's a fine line between documentary and docudramas, which many historical fiction roleplays are. Let's just accept and move on. I love playing "grown up" versions of many canon characters. I love imagining situations that COULD HAVE happened but not recorded in history, for historical fiction.

Writing on this site is STILL a privilege not a freedom. All those complaining should realize that. Thank you.

Edit: By the way. To my knowledge, the term "legal consent" refers to when a person can legally get a job without written consent from the parents. That is every state in the union, and is in place to keep companies from engaging in child labor.

It's only a violation of rights if it were a federal entity trying to censor what is being written. As US citizens, we have a right to Free Speech, and that also entails written works. But BMR is a privately hosted site, and therefore TOS are completely up to the owner. As someone who is definitely bummed out by the rule change, I also do not blame staff or Veks for the changes. I feel they held out as long as they could against growing pressure from various people doggedly bothering and possibly threatening them with legal ramifications (Which is total bullshit, btw), etc. Hell if I know what eventually made the sway, but I'm pretty sure this is more a matter of PR more than anything else. Does keeping the age limit at 15 turn out more people than it brings in? I think really, that's the issue here.

I totally understand the staff's actions, but I can't help but be a bit disgruntled at all the prudish whiners that nagged them to this end. Y'all know who you are. lol

Not quite. See US Obscenity Law. The whole First Amendment is a slippery slope. Freedom of speech in public forums also becomes questionable at some point as there have been cases where the obscenity law trumped the First Amendment. I believe to the point where the Government left it up to the States to enforce the laws individually on what may be considered as obsentity in that state.

Also, there was a website and many others that were closed down by the Federal Government. There are examples if you read below in the text section. One site that was targeted was a public forum for text-base stories that had child rape in it and the government nuked it along with the creator behind it pleading guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom