Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[CS] Characters from Hezron

Character Sheet

Hinterland

Just Another Day
Hello hello, one and all!

Welcome to my character thread! Please no comments! I am not going to go into detail about kinks and all the boring stuff here.. I simply want a place to introduce my various characters. The title says from Hezron, but what is Hezron? Though I will make another thread for world building, Hezron is a homebrewed D&D campaign I played in high school. It was a world full of its own unique races and creatures, though some of the time they were just a race with a different name and unique aspect to them. Even though I have characters stemming before and after this period of time, I spent about three years playing that campaign with a fun group, and all of my characters went into it in one way or another. So I have decided to borrow the name from so long ago.

Each character I provide will have a brief history of their evolution, their connection to Hezron, if there is one, along with current Day forms, and where I potentially want them to go next. Of course this is along with any pics I can find, descriptions of them, what they do and so forth. I will also add in if they have a history with my other characters, or interact with specific NPCs.

Most, if not all, of these characters will be based in some type of fantasy setting. I am not really interested in making character sheets for SoL characters, as I always make a new character for those kinds. That is not to say these characters can't be considered for SoL, but they will always remain grounded in fantasy/sci-fi.

I will start with a character within this thread, and each consecutive post will be a new character. This will range from my main characters, to minor characters in the world of Hezron, and will labeled as such.

As far as Hezron goes, be sure to check out my WB thread, simply titled 'Hezron'. (Coming to a thread near you!)

Without further ado,

WELCOME TO HEZRON!

Let's start with the character that, well, started it all.

Pitheon Hex (Main)
Pitheon Hex__01__01__01.jpg (Pitheon's typical attire)

clgu39ube0015l4088zbrljj4_1.jpeg
(Without mask, and not as a king.)
Robert_I_Heartan.jpg

(Pitheon as king, no mask)
Aliases/Former Names: The Lonely Thief, The Wandering Thief, The Cursed Thief/Pitheon (had no last name for a long time)
Age: 30 (or if a race that lives a long time, looks 30 and ages slowly)
Race(s): Human/Half-Elf/Umbralkin (Hezron)
Class-Job/Former Titles: Thief/Formerly a King./Formerly an assassin.
Alignment: True Neutral
Weapons: Dual wields daggers. In futuristic settings, he's used handguns with daggers, or pistols with blades attached to them, usually a dagger in one hand and pistol in the other.
Magic: Knows only one spell designed specifically for him. Mirror Blade. If he activates the spell, he will throw a dagger aimed at the heart, a mirror image of the dagger will spawn the same distance away behind them, piercing opposite the real dagger. In Hezron, Pitheon knows shadow magic, and his spell can spawn hundreds of daggers once he is strong enough.
Special Condition: Curse. In all instances of Pitheon, he has a curse placed on him. There's only been one time the curse was lifted, which of course, took place in Hezron. The curse consists of multiple layers.. and I often confuse myself with it at times. I will do my best. Let's start with his mind. His curse renders him unable to feel emotions to their fullest. He may show emotion, and can still feel, but if he gets too angry, sad, happy, or for too long.. his curse triggers a different state of mind. Angry=bloodlust, sad=chronic/major depression episode, happy=euphoric high, etc. During these "states" of mind, every scar on Pitheon's body reopens and bleeds until the state ends, or if they can be managed. The second part of this curse involves his eyes. His eyes (not just iris) change colors constantly, and his eyesight is limited during the daytime, and he is blind at night time.
Personality: Pitheon often comes across as stern, serious, cold, unemotional, calculating. Underneath a gruff exterior, he is a kind man, but it's a rare sight. A life of torture and betrayal has turned him bitter and untrusting of most people. He tries to care about others, but due to his curse.. has kept a distance from most people. Pitheon suffers from alcoholism, and is often found deep in a bottle or frequenting some kind of pub. When drinking he can become friendlier, but do not let him fool you.. Pitheon has been drinking since he was a child.. he is not always as drunk as he seems. He is also considered a genius when it comes to thievery and stealth, and is capable of figuring out complex puzzles.
Description: His appearance has rarely changed. Yes I have pictures of him, but I can never find a perfect picture for any of my characters. He has shoulder length black hair, with a neatly shaven goatee, and five o clock shadow underneath. As stated before his eyes always change colors. If the curse ever ends, his eyes will continue to change due to being cursed so long. Before his curse, his eyes were a deep brown, but he no longer remembers. He is of average height and weight, more on the lean side, and toned. He has no piercings or tattoos, but his body is littered with scars.. with about 90% of his body being covered. He also has a brand on his chest, a mark of shame, signifying a banishment of some kind. His other signifying mark is a scar over his left eye. His clothes tend to consist of all black, cloak with a hood, boots, and a full face mask. Sometimes his eyes will glow, depending on the state of his emotions, and can be seen through the mask. His daggers are always hidden somewhere on his person, and if not, always within range. In the future Hezron, Pitheon gains a cybernetic hand. In Hezron in general, Pitheon is what is known as an Umbralkin. They are a race of people who use shadows as their main magic. Humanoid in shape, their eyes are either black, purple or red, depending on how strong they are. Black being the weakest, purple being the strongest. Pitheon had red eyes until the end of the campaign, but purple in the future (Umbralkins live a long time).
Evolution: Pitheon was my first character ever made. Starting as only that, Pitheon was a Half-Elf thief I made for a d&d campaign in middle school. Used him one whole time. This Pitheon has no backstory, but he is what became of my next iteration of him. It wasn't for a while, but a little into high school I discovered chatrooms (yahoo, aim, msn). I made a SN called TheLonelyThief, and RPed as Pitheon. Again, no major backstory to speak of. Not until I learned about VampireFreaks and discovered forums much like this one. This is where my first true incarnation comes in, and his main bio outside of Hezron is typically as follows:
-Bio 1: Still as just Pitheon, he was born in a rough city. Crime was rampant, and to make matters worse, Pitheon was orphaned at an early age, his mom dying at childbirth, and his father dying from disease before he was even born. He was forced into stealing at a young age to survive, and he found he excelled at it. The city he lived in though.. they were brutal with punishments even for the tiniest of infractions. Pitheon was caught before he even was a teenager and sentenced to prison. This is where he would spend at least the next decade, being tortured, bullied, humiliated.. this is where he gets the majority of his scars, including the one on his eye. He was only ever able to escape due to a prison riot one day. He took advantage of the chaos and fled the prison and the city. Now in his early adult years, it didn't take long for him to build a name for himself, so much so that a popular band of thieves and their Master took a liking to him and recruited him into their masses. Pitheon would spend the next five or so years with the group. This is where he amasses most of his reputation, and some of his aliases. Even among the group he was often the loner, still mistrustful of most of them. The mistrust was well placed, seeing as his Master started resorting to needless violence and murder to get what they wanted. Despite having risen up to be his Master's right-hand man, Pitheon disagreed with the violence. So instead of letting him leave, his Master plotted with the rest, and beat Pitheon so badly he was not able to move for a couple days. When they had finished, his Master placed the curse, that now afflicts Pitheon, using a scroll they had found in their many pointless raids. The curse kept him alive enough to heal... But they had left him for dead.. he never forgot that. In the five years since, Pitheon has traveled alone.. searching far and wide for his Master and his cronies. Pitheon decided to learn a little spell of his own.. one he saved specifically for the Master that abandoned him. The rest of the crew would also die.. but only if they stood in his path.. Pitheon still held firm on an anti violence route.. and would only kill if he was defending himself. Pitheon has since earned his mark of shame by now, and developed new aliases. His alcoholism has only gotten worse..
-Hezron: When introduced to my DM's campaign, Pitheon became Pitheon Hex finally, though more towards the end of the campaign. In this world, Pitheon was no longer just human, he was an Umbralkin. Humanoids with the ability to use shadow magic. Pitheon also had amnesia as part of his curse when first starting. He was no longer a simple thief, but the right-hand to a king. (For context, my DM was a close friend, and was also writing a series of books which he based the D&D on.. unfortunately I do not believe he ever finished writing them. Pitheon became a character in his books and was considered in the top 5 most powerful Umbralkin.) He also had a wife and ended up having kids in this world. Pitheon eventually overthrew the king and became King himself because he disagreed with how the former treated their people. (Umbralkin are inherently evil, but not all are.) In future campaigns where Pitheon became a NPC, he was still a king since his race lives for thousands of years. He also did have a small villain arc as well. He became a Shade.. an Umbralkin that essentially embraced their elder demon God, Sacrioth to attain more power.. but the power is corruption at it's core and causes them to slowly become more and more evil. He only became a Shade because (since Pitheon is a genius) he figured out the elder shadow demon was keeping one of the main protagonists trapped within his own body.. an endless void. Pitheon rescued the person of interest, but emerged a Shade in the process. He was eventually able to overcome this and return to his normal self. He was also able to lift the curse off himself. Even during this campaign, Pitheon always tried to remain as neutral as he could. In the Hezron books, Pitheon has a final ending where he dies heroically protecting his city and the last of his people. He was literally the only person taking on a neverending army as his people provided him buffs and shielded the city with their combined power. Pitheon knew this was his last stand.. but in a final attempt to take the army down with him.. he started laughing as he fell to the ground. This confused the closest soldiers to him and they inquired why he was laughing when he was clearly defeated. (This was the future of the world, and on top of magic, guns had been invented by now.) Pitheon had only wielded a pistol with a blade attached and a dagger in the other hand.. he had single handedly taken down at least a third of their army before he collapsed. He answered them, "because.. you have more guns than we do.. but guns are prone to overheating." And with one final laugh and one final spell, Pitheon caused at least half of the remaining army's guns to do exactly that and explode. He wiped out over half an army by himself before he died.. there was a reason why that by the end of the story he was still only the third most powerful Umbralkin alive. My DM also provided a nice list of feats that Pitheon accomplished before losing his memory. This was including: Already beating the former king once before.. in fact, Pitheon had completely wiped the floor with him.. this was long before either became King. (There is a race whose name I couldn't remember, but I named them Eutach, that are humanoids with wings.) There was one Eutach named Memphis, who was the only representative of a Phoenix, and had the abilities of a Phoenix. Yeah.. apparently Pitheon straight ripped his wings off at some point.. I can't remember why! But it is what caused Memphis to get fiery wings.. so it may have been a favor.. who knows.
-Post-Hezron: After I left the campaign.. Pitheon along with a lot of my characters went forgotten for a long time. I have tried to utilize Pitheon in a few different RPs since.. but I understand his personality can be off-putting sometimes. He hasn't been used a lot.. and his evolution simply stopped at Hezron. If I have used him.. I tend to revert him to his original bio, pre-Hezron.
The Present/Future: If ever playing within the Hezron universe, I essentially would like for him to start over in it.. but keep his Umbralkin heritage. If not, I am open to altering him more! To be honest.. I am looking to do away with his curse.. or at least tone it down.. as an emotionally absent person is no fun sometimes. Possibly getting rid of his emotions part of the curse, but keeping the blindness and colorful eyes. I still want something incorporating his bleeding scars... So maybe just getting too angry.. he becomes what he hates.
Notable Connections: Pitheon isn't too connected with any of my other characters. Even within Hezron, he sticks to only the people he cares about, but he does have a few other characters incorporated into his arcs sometimes.
Personal Connection: This section is just a personal touch. When I officially finally made Pitheon and gave him a fleshed out background.. I realized I had put myself into him. Characters became my version of poetry or writing music. Pitheon represented my depression and lack of emotions. The prison was always my own mind.. and his physical scars were my emotional ones. His alcoholism was my personal journey into discovering alcohol and drugs (but trust me I never became an alcoholic or an avid drug user). His emotional bursts and scars reopening were my facades crumbling or being built up. Pitheon started something special.. and the next few characters after him also gained intense feelings from my personality.

Wow! I apologize for a long a read... But.. if you do read about Pitheon Hex or any of my other characters.. thank you.. just.. thank you! Please feel free to PM me to inquire about RPs involving Pitheon. PM me even if you simply wish to hear more about him or any of my other characters, or about Hezron itself!

As I said, I will also be working on a Hezron world building thread as well.. so look out for that in the future! Also make sure to look out for future characters! I will also more than likely include a list of all my main characters at some point and NPCs or minor characters. These will go into spoilers more than likely.

I hope you had a good read!

-Hinterland

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom