Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐊 » Supernatural, small town, mystery »【 interest check 】

Khira

ɴᴏᴛ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ, ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʙᴇɴᴛ
Designer
schead2.png

• SMALL TOWN /SUPERNATURAL /HORROR/MYSTERY  /DRAMA/ROMANCE

If you're a fan of (or just familiar with) The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, True Blood,
    and A Discovery of Witches, I think you will like this idea!

This freeform group roleplay will focus on character development and relationship building. We will focus on internal and external conflict and in-character drama (although this is not a requirement). One-on-one and smaller group roleplays will be highly encouraged (PMs or threads), but we will also have main group roleplays where all characters are welcome. We will follow a chronological timeline, but feel free to create alternative timelines "off the record" if you want to explore your character(s). This will be a plot-heavy and character-driven roleplay, so no focus on smut. In main group roleplays we will fade to black, but feel free to include smut in smaller or private roleplays!

Shadow Creek is a fictional town located in West Virginia. Families have lived there for generations and nothing tragic has happened since the church fire in 1964. But last month, two college students went missing, and just last week, a waitress disappeared. The town's inhabitants are cautious, the police department is working around the clock, and yet no one seems to have a clue about what's going on. The town harbors secrets only a handful of people know, and they keep their cards close to their chests. Who will be next, and will the missing people come back dead... or alive?

We will fill this town with our characters: worried parents, cheerleaders, neighbors, baristas, teachers, club owners, students, businessmen, nurses, corrupt cops, criminals, lawyers, dreamers, etc etc! The only limit is your own imagination!
    Let us create a world (or at least a town) where we can play the characters we want
    and have plenty of fun doing it!

If this sounds interesting, please let me know by commenting below!

♡ ♡ ♡

• Activity »
    Be as active as you can or want to be, whether it's one post a week or once a month. The only requirement is that you participate in the main group roleplays in some way or form with your character(s). The main focus will be on one-on-one or smaller group roleplays where we play our original characters. If you need a longer break, don't be afraid to say so or at least give your partners a heads up.

Post length »
    For main group roleplays ; minimum 2 paragraphs per post, past or present tense, third person only. When it comes to one-on-one or smaller group roleplays in PMs or threads, you can choose the length yourselves!

Face claims »
    Actors, actresses, or very realistic artwork. No exceptions, sorry.

Characters »
    Each player can have up to 3 characters. If you have more than one, all characters must be active, but they do not need to be equally active. If you want to switch out characters, just let me know.

Smut »
    Try to keep smut to a minimum. Focus on other things to create in-character conflict. Fade to black in the main group roleplays, but feel free to include smut in one-on-one roleplays or when playing in smaller groups (if it favors the plot).

God-modding »
    Not allowed. You control your character(s) and that's it. ( But feel free to include NPCs )

Plotting »
    Highly encouraged. Try to include everyone, but do not force things. Respect each other. Your character might not need to have a relation to every character in the group.

Roleplaying »
    Again, respect your fellow players. You do not need to roleplay with everyone to be a part of this group. We all have different preferences, so we might not all be a good match one-on-one. Please do not force someone to roleplay with you, and if you have to decline, please do so nicely. If you have to drop a one-on-one or smaller group roleplay, inform your fellow players. There will be no hard feelings here. Let's make this group roleplay chill and fun.

Major plot points »
    Do not do anything drastic without getting a green card from me first. That means no killing off characters, turning them, or kidnapping them without clearing it with me first. That goes for both characters in the play and also NPCs. But feel free to come with suggestions to plot points and events! Don't be afraid to ask about things! Most likely, I'll say go for it.

Communication »
    Keep it open at all times. Get to know your fellow players and their characters! But again, do not force things and respect other players' decisions/boundaries. However, do not ignore other players in the group and try not to favorize. Be kind!

Visuals »
    Feel free to add images or gifs (or just links) to your posts, but keep them SFW in the main group roleplays, thank you. For one-on-one and smaller group roleplays you can use any type of visuals you want! Respect that not everyone uses visuals. But also, respect the ones who do.
  • Humans »
      S T R E N G T H S
    » None. Not like this at least.
      W E A K N E S S E S
    » Mortality.
    » Everything, you know how it works.

Vampires »
      S T R E N G T H S
    » Super strength
    » Super speed
    » Super agility
    » Super senses
    » Super durability
    » Healing abilities
    » Enhanced emotions
    » Mind compulsion
    » Telepathy
    » Dream manipulation
    » Illusions
    » Sire bond
    » Immortal

  W E A K N E S S E S
    » Sunlight (unless they have a daylight ring)
    » Invitations (need one to enter someone's home)
    » Silver
    » Fire
    » Vervain
    » Broken neck
    » Master's call (sire bond)
    » Holy water
    » Wood (especially stakes, bullets)
    » Animal blood
    » Decapitation
    » Desiccation
    » Heart extraction
    » Magic
    » Physical trauma / injuries
    » Werewolf venom
    » Religious items and locations
    » Their true face (Black veins around bloodred eyes and pointed fangs)

Werewolves »
      S T R E N G T H S
    » Super strength
    » Super speed
    » Super agility
    » Super durability
    » Healing abilities
    » Super senses
    » Lycanthrope enhancement (wolf powers in human form, eyes glowing)
    » Shapeshifting / Transformation control (wolf form)
    » Werewolf bite / venom
    » Full moon (extra powerful)

  W E A K N E S S E S
    » Mortality
    » Wolfsbane
    » Magic
    » Full moon (shifts unwillingly, stuck in wolf form)

Witches »
      S T R E N G T H S
    » Magical powers
    » Spellcasting
    » Telekinesis
    » Pain infliction
    » Elemental control
    » Divination
    » Projection
    » Illusions
    » Telepathy
    » Dream manipulation
    » Resurrection
    » Can make enchanted objects
      W E A K N E S S E S
    » Mortality (again, you know how it works)
    » Distractions
    » Emotions
    » Herbs
    » Witchcraft
    » Supernatural blood
    » Using magic (drains their energy)
    » Their aura (if someone senses it)

Hunters ( humans ) »
      S T R E N G T H S
    » Fighting skills
      T O O L S / W E A P O N S
    » Stakes and stake launchers
    » Vervain / Wolfsbane
    » Vervain / wolfsbane darts (crossbow/launcher)
    » Vervain / wolfsbane granades
      W E A K N E S S E S
    » Mortality
    » A lot, you know the drill
  • Characters must go through me before being accepted into the group! Just message me<3
    Feel free to alter the code/formatting, but do not change the information in the sheet.

B A S I C S
    Name : First Middle Last
    Nickname / Alias : Nicknames, aliases, pet names, etc
    Age : Must be 18+ (If a vampire (or slightly older werewolf), actual age goes here)
    Birthday : Use words so there will be no mixups, e.g. "December 7th"
    Gender : Male or female (Nothing against other genders, but I would like to keep it simple this time around)
    Sexual orientation : Heterosexual, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, etc
    Species : Human (specify if hunter), vampire, werewolf, witch

A P P E A R A N C E
    (Paste a picture here. An actor, actress or very realistic artwork)
    Face claim : Delete if using artwork
    Height : Here
    Weight : Here
    Eye color : Blue, green, grey??
    Hair color : Brown, blonde, blue, white? Stripes? Balayage?
    Details : Do they have any scars? Tattoos? A birthmark? Anything else notable? Glasses? A limp?
    Clothing : Do they usually wear the same? Do they have a specific style? Some colors they use more than others? Write it here.

B A C K G R O U N D
    How did they end up in Shadow Creek? Why are they there? Have they lived there since birth? Did they move there to study? For a job? Or are they just there to visit a family member? How long have they been in town and why are they (still) there? Feel free to mention other significant details about their life too (especially if they're not human)!

P E R S O N A L I T Y
    Again, write as little or as much as you want. If you'd like to just write bullet points or only use the personality traits, you can do that!
    Positive : Write at least 3 positive traits
    Negative : Write at least 3 negative traits

S K I L L S  &  T A L E N T S
    Does your character have any specific skills or talents? If so, what are they? Are they a great fighter? A magnificent painter? A great singer? Dancer? No limits, but they can't be good at everything. They can be talentless too!

S T R E N G T H S
    What strengths does your character have? Are they a good listener? Loyal to their friends? Are they courageous? Do they seek justice for their loved ones? Are they grateful for the little things? You can just list them and give a short explanation. Give your character at least one strength. (You do not need to list any from the species list)

W E A K N E S S E S
    Your character must have some weaknesses. Are they allergic to something? Does their skin easily burn in the sun? Do they trust too easily? Do they give too many second chances? Is their arm a little weak from a past injury? List some, and explain them if you'd like. Give your character a minimum of two weaknesses. (You do not need to list any from the species list)

F E A R S
    Does your character have any fears? Big or small? Claustrophobic? Afraid of monsters? The dark? Needles? Spiders? Afraid of being abandoned? Losing their sibling? Dying? List them and explain them if you'd like. Give them at least one fear.

A D D I T I O N A L   I N F O R M A T I O N
    This can be anything, but especially things that we can use in the roleplay. Perhaps they've never been in love, never had their first kiss? Perhaps they're afraid of the dark for a reason? Perhaps they would like to see their family? Or maybe their family cast them out? Are they lying about their past? Lying about their skills? Afraid to open up? Do they never take their shirt off because they're afraid to show others their scars? Do they wear a necklace that means the world to them? Are they running/hiding from someone? It doesn't have to be much, but feel free to add a few things here! This makes it so much easier to plot with other players!

C O N N E C T I O N S
    You'll have to discuss this with the other players to figure it out, but once you get them, please list them here. Are they best friends? Colleagues? Enemies? Friends with benefits? Did they have a one-night stand five years ago? Did they bully them in High School? Do they have a crush on them? Did they recently fight over something? It can be anything! That being said though, your character doesn't need to have a connection with every character in the group. Please do not force connections and do not create relationships or incidents without getting a green card from the player behind the character first. This is very important!

L O O K I N G   F O R
    Are you looking for something specific, write it here! E.g. a sibling, a boss, a colleague, a one-night stand, a best friend, an ex, the father of a friend, etc etc. This also helps the plotting process! And maybe someone gets an idea for a character!

Code:
    [SIZE=5][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)][FONT=georgia]B A S I C S[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [B][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)][SIZE=3]Name[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][SIZE=3] : First Middle Last
    [B][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)]Nickname / Alias[/COLOR][/B] : Nicknames, aliases, pet names, etc
    [B][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)]Age[/COLOR][/B] : Must be 18+ (If a vampire, actual age goes here)
    [B][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)]Birthday[/COLOR][/B] : Use words so there will be no mixups, e.g. "December 7th"
    [B][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)]Gender[/COLOR][/B] : Male or female (Nothing against other genders, but I would like to keep it simple this time around)
    [B][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)]Sexual orientation[/COLOR][/B] : Heterosexual, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, etc
    [B][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)]Species[/COLOR][/B] : Human (specify if hunter), vampire, werewolf, witch [/SIZE]

[FONT=georgia][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)][SIZE=5]A P P E A R A N C E[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [SIZE=3](Paste a picture here. An actor, actress or very realistic artwork)
    [B][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)]Face claim[/COLOR] [/B]: Delete if using artwork
    [B][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)]Height[/COLOR] [/B]: Here
    [B][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)]Weight[/COLOR] [/B]: Here
    [B][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)]Eye color[/COLOR] [/B]: Blue, green, grey??
    [B][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)]Hair color[/COLOR] [/B]: Brown, blonde, blue, white? Stripes? Balayage?
    [B][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)]Details [/COLOR][/B]: Do they have any scars? Tattoos? A birthmark? Anything else notable? Glasses? A limp?
    [B][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)]Clothing[/COLOR] [/B]: Do they usually wear the same? Do they have a specific style? Some colors they use more than others? Write it here.[/SIZE]

[FONT=georgia][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)][SIZE=5]B A C K G R O U N D[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [SIZE=3]How did they end up in Shadow Creek? Why are they there? Have they lived there since birth? Did they move there to study? For a job? Or are they just there to visit a family member? How long have they been in town and why are they (still) there? Feel free to mention other significant details about their life too (especially if they're not human)! [/SIZE]

[FONT=georgia][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)][SIZE=5]P E R S O N A L I T Y[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [SIZE=3]Again, write as little or as much as you want. If you'd like to just write bullet points or only use the personality traits, you can do that!
    [B][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)]Positive[/COLOR] [/B]: Write at least 3 positive traits
    [B][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)]Negative[/COLOR] [/B]: Write at least 3 negative traits[/SIZE]

[FONT=georgia][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)][SIZE=3]S K I L L S  &  T A L E N T S[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [SIZE=3]Does your character have any specific skills or talents? If so, what are they? Are they a great fighter? A magnificent painter? A great singer? Dancer? No limits, but they can't be good at everything. They can be talentless too! [/SIZE]

[FONT=georgia][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)][SIZE=3]S T R E N G T H S[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [SIZE=3]What strengths does your character have? Are they a good listener? Loyal to their friends? Are they courageous? Do they seek justice for their loved ones? Are they grateful for the little things? You can just list them and give a short explanation. Give your character at least one strength. (You do not need to list any from the species list)[/SIZE]

[FONT=georgia][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)][SIZE=3]W E A K N E S S E S[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [SIZE=3]Your character must have some weaknesses. Are they allergic to something? Does their skin easily burn in the sun? Do they trust too easily? Do they give too many second chances? Is their arm a little weak from a past injury? List some, and explain them if you'd like. Give your character a minimum of two weaknesses. [SIZE=3](You do not need to list any from the species list)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[FONT=georgia][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)][SIZE=3]F E A R S[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [SIZE=3]Does your character have any fears? Big or small? Claustrophobic? Afraid of monsters? The dark? Needles? Spiders? Afraid of being abandoned? Losing their sibling? Dying? List them and explain them if you'd like. Give them at least one fear. [/SIZE]

[FONT=georgia][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)][SIZE=5]A D D I T I O N A L   I N F O R M A T I O N[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [SIZE=3]This can be [B]anything[/B], but especially things that we can [I]use [/I]in the roleplay. Perhaps they've never been in love, never had their first kiss? Perhaps they're afraid of the dark for a reason? Perhaps they would like to see their family? Or maybe their family cast them out? Are they lying about their past? Lying about their skills? Afraid to open up? Do they never take their shirt off because they're afraid to show others their scars? Do they wear a necklace that means the world to them? Are they running/hiding from someone? It doesn't have to be much, but feel free to add a few things here! This makes it so much easier to plot with other players![/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)][FONT=georgia]C O N N E C T I O N S[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]You'll have to discuss this with the other players to figure it out, but once you get them, please list them here. Are they best friends? Colleagues? Enemies? Friends with benefits? Did they have a one-night stand five years ago? Did they bully them in High School? Do they have a crush on them? Did they recently fight over something? It can be anything! That being said though, your character doesn't need to have a connection with every character in the group. Please do not force connections and do not create relationships or incidents without getting a green card from the player behind the character first. This is very important! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR=rgb(163, 143, 132)][FONT=georgia]L O O K I N G   F O R[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Are you looking for something specific, write it here! E.g. a sibling, a boss, a colleague, a one-night stand, a best friend, an ex, the father of a friend, etc etc. This also helps the plotting process! And maybe someone gets an idea for a character! [/SIZE]

Last edited:
I am interested.

Do you think maybe instead of being a werewolf I could make a character who is a werebear? Or maybe like a character whose 'species' is like whatever Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers are?

I have yet to do a group roleplay on this site and would love to give it a try since I'll have more time soon. Is there a posting time deadline for the main thread?

I have yet to do a group roleplay on this site and would love to give it a try since I'll have more time soon. Is there a posting time deadline for the main thread?

Woo! Glad to hear that!

No, no deadline at all. I want this group to be rather open, so people can post when they want and when they have time on their hands.
It will be more like us having characters in the same universe and then we can play with each other when we want. Some might play plenty, others might just stop by the main threads!

Any chance this one's still recruiting? Love the concept!

Glad to hear that! Unfortunately, I've put it on hold for the time being due to my life being a little too busy.

Back
Top Bottom