Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Beware! Evil Monsters Lurk Ahead (A Monstrous Game of Wicked Ones)

Cute Bunny

Planetoid
Concept: Hi everyone! I am looking for a group of dastardly players to start a game of Wicked Ones. Wicked Ones is a Forged in the Dark game revolving around playing a group of classic fantasy monsters. In Wicked Ones, players are the big bad leaders of a classic fantasy dungeon. The player controlled monsters go on raids, expand their dungeon, and defend it from adventurous would-be heroes. The base edition of the game can be downloaded for free. You do not need to already know how to play to join. I will be focusing on explaining the game to everyone as we play.

Of course, we will be giving the game a classic erotic twist. Our Wicked Ones will be the classic rapey and kinky monsters that Blue Moon users know and love. There will be plenty of room for smut once our monsters defeat the pesky strapping heroes and busty heroines.

Although the concept is primarily focused around the monsters being dominant when it comes to kink play, there is also room for players who want to play more submissive monsters. If you're interested in playing, but the role of an aggressive and dominant monster doesn't appeal to you, don't let that put you off from joining. As a submissive monster, you can find yourself being enjoyed by the other player characters, or perhaps some of the other NPC monsters in the world. You can also even take on the role of the occassional NPC adventurer if that appeals to you.

Aim: The long-term goal for the player characters in Wicked Ones is to expand their dungeon and enact their "Master Plan." We'll decide on what exactly that plan is once we have a group together. On a meta level, our goal is to tell some interesting stories about the sort of smutty adventures our monsters have. Loss and setback are part of the fun of Wicked Ones, and the vile Wicked Ones themselves might even be vanquished.

The focus of this game isn't for the players to win, but to create some memorable villainous monsters, bash some heads in, and write some kinky smut. And if everything goes right for our Wicked Ones, there might even be some time left over for total world domination.

Tone: This game won't be a light-hearted comedy, but it also won't be gritty either. The tone I'm looking for is the sort of meta over-sexualization of classic fantasy tropes. Think about classic pulp fantasy stories or 80's action cartoons, but made decidedly smutty. The game itself is very meta. You're playing the classic fantasy big bads that have been in countless video games, D&D campaigns, and cartoons. You're played straight and not for laughs, but there's also not any serious emotional drama taking place.

Subject Matter: If I haven't made it clear, the game will feature classic noncon elements as its primary focus. Anything in that purview is fair game, slavery, restraints, blackmail, etc... The more extreme typical fantasy kinks are on the table too: Tentacles, monster sex, and so on... Players have the option to veto things that they may find troubling. Outside of kink speicfic stuff, you should also expect classic monstrous muder and pillaging.

Meta: The game will be played through the forums here on Blue Moon. Discord will be required to facilitate easier out of character communication, as well as to manage dice rolls, character sheets, and other third-party resources we will need to actually play the game.

I can usually get out at least 1 post a day. Although, I occassionally do have the day that I am unable to write. As such, I'm looking for people who can match a pretty similar schedule. As a group game, there might be some days where the action is focused on someone else, and you don't need to post. But in order to facilitiate faster play for everyone, I'm looking for players who would be able to consistently respond within the 24-36 hour range at the latest. Posts don't need to be, and shouldn't be massive lengths. You can post whatever length you're comfortable with to keep the game interesting and moving forward.

Application: If you're interested in playing, here are a few things I would like to hear from you:

• Are there any specific monsters or types of monsters that interest you? Any specific monsters you wouldn't like to play, but would love to see someone else play? Outside of a few limitations, any sort of monster you would find in the D&D monster manual is fair game, along with anything else you can think of that would be fun. Classic goblins, and orcs are options, but less popular monsters like illithids, or even MonsterGirls would be super fun to play with! As part of the game, your character must be visually a monster. Living in civilized society isn't an option for them. They are something that when spotted by a village, the villager would either flee in terror, or attack them. In order to keep at least a someone similar visual tone, I ask that reference photos remain mostly in a western style, and don't veer too far into anime-esque territory.
  • What sort of experience do you have with Wicked Ones? Any experience with any other RPGs?
  • What sort of things about the ad excited you? Is there anything specific that you were interested in?
  • As part of the game, players will be governing a dungeon together. There are several different types of dungeon to choose from, but for this game I have narrowed down the choices to two: An Enclave, and a Stronghold. An Enclave is a dungeon focused around magic that corrupts the natural world around it. While a Stronghold is a dungeon that is infested with more minions and tools of war. Which dungeon option would you prefer?
  • Is there anything else that you would like to add, or any questions you had?

Good evening. I wanted to express my interest in participating in the group. I’ll say that I don’t have any experience in playing Wicked Ones, but I’m open to learning. I’m mostly experienced with D&D and Pathfinder.

I don’t have any set preference with the dungeon type. It largely depends on what the group wants, but I can work around either of them. An Enclave might provide more power than a normal stronghold, however.

I’d like to see demon, wolfs, orcs, and other monster girls in play. I won’t be playing either one of them, but those are some I thought of off the top of my head.

What got me excited is the chance to play as a straight villain, for a change. Not the hero that is always expected. Being bad can be just as or even more fun, in my opinion!

My desire character for the game is a Kobold. He doesn’t have any grand motivations or backstory. His major goal is to obtain the power of his distant relatives and become a true dragon. An example of the apex of beasts and have the power to do what he wants when he wants. Being a small kobold leaves him with deep resentment for other dragons, due to his inherent weakness. His goal is probably not obtainable, but it won’t stop him from trying.

Hi there! I'm signing up with interest too. I never heard of Wicked Ones before, so I'm going to check it out before I commit to it fully, though lately I've been in the mood for learning new systems.

I can generally post once a day so I should be able to keep the pace.

In case I end up committing, here are your answers:
  • I'd definitely play a monster-girl type of monster, probably a succubus or something like that.
  • I've zero xp with Wicked Ones, but I've played a ton of D&D (several editions), VTM and a little bit of many other systems.
  • I really like the sound of building and expanding the dungeon and having adventurers come to raid it. And all the smut associated with it, of course.
  • I like either dungeon type, so I've no preference for one over the other.
  • I'm not the best or the most comfortable at being dominant, so I picture my monster as more of a switch, being rather submissive towards other monsters but dominant towards villagers and the like.

Hello! I'm always interested in system games, and I've got a soft spot for the Forged in the Dark games, and this - of course - is no different. I'm familiar with the style of gameplay that it has, but I've not played Wicked Ones in specific, but I'm more than happy to learn.

I suppose, of the two types of dungeon, Enclave fits better with the idea I had in mind for my PC.

I'm fine with seeing anything, really. Perhaps other creatures and things that might prefer a more corrupted home land would be better - perhaps evil plants and the like, tentacle monsters or demonic entities? Not too sure.

As for what I was intending to play, I'm kinda between two minds. They both have the same type of story where they carved out a small place for themselves all by their lonesome, but it was soon upended by adventurers and the like, pushing them to band with different creatures than they otherwise would have, seeking to create an actual home for themselves. Not to mention the sanguine pleasure they'll feel when adventurers instead break themselves upon this home, rather than having it torn away from them.

As for what I'm stuck between on options, I was thinking either going with a drider/arachne type monstergirl that had a prior nest that was upturned after reports of female adventurers and village girls having gone missing. She'd be an almost vindictive scorned monster that had a huge nest that spanned a forest, with plenty of rumors and tales of it. This led to a rather common influx of adventurers. This is what kept her family both large and well-stocked and fed. Over the long course of her life, she'd even managed to breed true and set off a few driders of her own to ply their efforts and grow nests like her own, while filling her forests with spiders, both normal and fantastical. She held great power that she'd cultivated over her life, and plenty tricks to keep her and her kin safe. She was not prepared the lengths by which humanoids would work to take her forest down, burning it to cinders along with her nest, her children, and her livelihood. It took all she had to drag herself from the ashes, and she vowed that those that upended her life would be the ones she'd build her new life off of.

The other idea was for an almost parasitic sentient slime that had found its way into a town's water supply. It normally fed and grew by ambushing prey - commonly adventuring groups - and draining them of liquids. But it doesn't have to simply drain these folks, it can implant a bit of itself into humanoids, creating thralls that can grow on their own by a similar method, but fully in control of the body it inhabited. As such, when the slime found its way into the water supply, it quickly parasitized those who drank, and forced itself on those who had avoided such a fate. Those who are parasitized are immediately noticed to have something wrong with them, so when people traveled by, it was very clear something was wrong, and a huge group of soldiers sieged the town, pushing the slime out rather quickly. Not long after, the paradise the slime had carved for itself was upended, and it needed a new home and another source of bodies to go out and collect. It had gotten too used to the high life, and it wasn't going to give it up, now.

I'll apply too. I'm pretty good at replying daily. Though I might not be able to write anything of any lenght over weekends
  • Seeing that no one has picked something super brutish, I could imagine playing something like that. Orcs, hobgoblins, ogres, trolls and giants come to mind here. I'd be espeically interested in focusing my attention on minions.
  • I've played a session or two of Wicked Ones and I can recall setting up the sandbox and doing raids being quite fun. Though I don't remember the rules super in-depth anymore. I've also read up on a couple systems that borrows some ideas from BitD
  • The thing I like about Wicked Ones is the amount of agency players have. Most of the game loop is player driven. And hoping for that kind of experience. Furthermore I want to try playing kinda a brutish warlord monster that sends his lackeys to raid villages and trade routes for things he likes.
  • For dungeon I can work with either. Stronghold plays straight into my monster archetype. Enclaves do allow me to play a more whimiscal variety. Maybe a young dragon, a bloated Hobgoblin baron, or maybe some kind of awakened beast.

I will apply too. I haven't played Wicked Ones but have played older versions of DnD and many other role playing games. I was thinking about playing an orc clan chief or perhaps a drow fighter. I can't post every day but usually can post 2 or 3 times a week.

Well, I want to thank everyone for all of the interest so far. I've read through the replies, and there's a lot of fun character ideas coming out. I'll leave the post open for a bit and see if anybody else is interested in joining. It looks like we don't have a preference for either type of dungeon, so we can leave that up in the air for now.

I'm working on creating some background NPC factions for the game now. I'll set up a Discord for easier out of character planning later tonight. Other players are still encouraged to post their interest if they'd like to join.

I've never played Wicked Ones but I do own the rules and have been long-interested in exploring it. My posting rate can fluctuate a touch and I can't always guarantee a daily reply but I'm typically in the 1-3 day range, moreso towards the 1-2 generally. If that's acceptable to you then I'm thinking I'd like to make a monstrous Centaur to start with.

-I really am quite open with it comes to monster variety but I do tend to like bestial ones a bit more. Minotaur, beastfolk, satyr, etc. I enjoy the idea of the 'savage and wild' creatures clashing with the civilized people. Kobolds will always have a soft spot in my heart though from my experiences with Dungeons and Dragons.

-Preference in dungeon would be Stronghold but I'm good with either option.

-The ad specifically interests me because I enjoy playing villainous characters that are non-human. Such opportunities are few and far between so I would be remiss not to pose interest in this case.

Hey there, I'm looking to get more experience playing tabletop games and this looks like something I might enjoy. I don't have any experience with Wicked Ones and very little with other tabletop systems, but I'm willing to learn and I have experience with video games that might carry over a little. I've never played as a monster and only very briefly as a villain in other RPs, so I also want to try my hand at writing a new kind of character. My biggest concern is that my personal tastes for RP might not align very well with the premise or other partners. I'm almost exclusively interested in writing from a female sub POV and while I can get into some very dark erotic story themes, I'm actually a little on the squeamish side with actual sexual acts. I don't want to make anyone go out of their way to accommodate me, but if we can work something out that everyone is satisfied with then I'm on board.

My current idea is a fairy character more in line with the classical "fair folk" depiction. She would have a strange mindset and moral system based on her impulses and emotions and a near obsession with playing "games" against humans and other monsters alike with wagers that could be anything from a shiny rock you found that morning to ownership of your firstborn child. She would wield great magical powers kept in check by her own juvenile personality and the restrictions she forces on herself in her games or otherwise to keep things fun. I have the beginnings of the idea for a backstory, but I'd like to see what the lore of the world and other characters looks like before I settle on anything. As for the dungeon type, an Enclave sounds more fitting for my character, but I won't insist if the majority would prefer otherwise.

@Nobuddy could you explain a little more about what you mean when you say you get squeamish with actual sex acts? I take that to mean that you're not really interested in writing sex, but when I look at your f-list, that doesn't seem to be the case.

If there is still some room here, I'd like to toss my hat into the arena! This seems like quite a fun romp!

So, if we're here to be the smutty bad guys, I'd like to take the opportunity to be a mindflayer/illithid/"braineater" kind of character! A suitably smut-ified version of course, so there won't be anything like canon D&D "cereomophosis" or "elder brains" mechanics or anything of the like. He'll just be a betentacled horror who physically isn't very strong but has powerful psychic abilities and magic tricks and a sharp academic mind, and of course "fully equipped" as a male. He will be the mastermind/schemer type, but not a leader, more of a sycophant who sucks up to the strongest one around and wants to live a villainously luxurious life. His favorite thing will be corrupting female captives and using his mind powers to break them psychologically as well as sexually to turn them into happy little fuckdolls. He'll probably also keep other smutty tentacle monsters as pets! However, I think he also might have a secret enjoyment of being "forced" to submit by any large and physically strong female monsters we might have!

If it would help the DM, I'd also be happy to play some of the male adventurers/victims from time to time, if during their smutty scenes after they've been captured they are being raped and dominated by female monsters!

I have never heard of this "Wicked Ones" RPG before, but I am 3e and Pathfinder D&D veteran and I have dabbled in other systems from time to time, so I'll get the base Wicked Ones starter book and take a look through it! Looking at the page, I saw the "braineaters" thing already so that right there is what I'm looking for, heh :p

The idea of just playing out a smutty fantasy romp as the kinky bad guys is always a nice and exciting scenario! And I am quite curious to try out a new system with Wicked Ones!

As for types of dungeons between Enclave and Stronghold....I have a sliiight leaning towards Enclave for the spreading magic and corruption angle, but I'd also be fine with a Stronghold.

Only other thing is I don't have Discord, but if it's absolutely required, if I could get a link I can use to join as a guest in browser to be able to peek in from time to time and keep up with things, that would work.

@Cute Bunny I'm fine with writing sex, though I haven't gotten much practice doing so. It's more that my kinks are largely psychological. Physically, I don't go very far past vanilla and even a lot of the things on my "Maybe" list can make me uncomfortable unless kept to a minimum or done in very particular ways. Not everything though. Some of what's on that list I just don't feel strongly about one way or the other. It's an issue that I've run into in a few other RPs and I thought I should bring it up.

Sorry @PsionicCuttlefish. While the game will be ran through threads on this site, Discord will be 100% required for easier out of character communication. The forums are great for making in character posts, but the system requires a lot of different out of character things to run smoothly.

Having a Discord with bots for rolling dice and other features, along with having a way to reach players easily is necessary for me to be able to run the game in a smooth manner. I've run a lot of different games on a bunch of different forums, and having a place where people can chat in real-time is a key part of my enjoyment and ability to run the game.

Arright, well, as I said, if I can just get an invite link I can use to join-as-guest from within a browser, then I can access it, it'll be fine. I've used that before in some places.

I admit I'm interested, but the place seems pretty filled up now. I'm more experienced as a PBTA player than FiTD anyway. If the actual active player count doesn't match the interest I'd be happy to jump in, but I think I'll just leave myself on the fringe otherwise. I would like to watch the game play out even if not involved.

TLDR; I'm throwing my hat in as an alternate, rather than overcrowding the game.

Hey everybody! I've gone ahead and picked out the people who I felt like would mesh with the game/each other. I've sent out an invite to the Discord server so we can move forward with planning the game's future on there. I would have loved to get everyone involved, but it simply wouldn't be possible for me to GM a game with that many players that would still be fun for anyone. If you didn't receive a PM from me with an invite, that means you weren't one of the ones who happened to be selected. Thank you for the interest in the game, and no hard feelings!

Back
Top Bottom