Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What’s your favorite game of all time?

Sendrixxx

Planetoid
Honestly, thinking about it. My favorite game is probably still Bioshock. The atmosphere and environments are still top tier to be. And Steampunk is a really cool aesthetic.

for me its Dragon quest 8 on the ps2. its my go to game to relax and play.

This one is for all my fellow gamers. I want to get a feel for what you guys are into and possibly get some recommendations of my own.

I'm not a hardcore gamer by any means, with most of my free time going towards RP nowadays, but whenever I want to just wind down after a long day, I've found Risk of Rain 2 to be my go-to. I didn't like the first game as much, but I'm curious if the remake will take care of the issues I had with it.

Based on most hours played, it would definitely be Crusader Kings 2 for me. The dynasty building, realm management, vassal management, tech spread, buildings, characters, traits, it's a massive medieval simulator that I can just drain countless hours into.

Still Langrisser, or also known as Der Langrisser when it originally came to US.

I think it was on an old Nintendo or Sega, I don't remember. I also recalled there were two different versions of the game for the consoles at the time(strangely enough,) but the USA only got the Der Langrisser port which only had one story route(the other Japanese version on the console had more routes), and many years later they finally got Langrisser 1/2 port with all routes +extras on PC(which I hated due to them making graphics of units too cartoony in battle and you couldn't really change the evolutions much of the main character in story. When starting out you got a QA that determines character path and the final form they could become in the old version.)

Langrisser is basically the tactical side of Fire Emblem, before Fire Emblem went Three Houses. We just never got most of the Langrisser series over to America. Except Langrisser you had military units that did special damage to other military units by type while FE had their own wheels for weapons over weapons, Langrisser was like that, but you could compose your armies under their commanders however.

It's extremely hard to pick just one. For example games like DOOM, Sly 2, Final Fantasy VII, Bioshock, Silent Hill 2, Fallout: New Vegas, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Yakuza (series as a whole really), Castlevania SOTN and plethora of JRPGs aside that FF-mention come all to mind as possible favorites for various different reasons.

However. If I was forced to choose one it'd be a Shin Megami Tensei-game, and my pick would probably go to the game that made me fall for the franchise, which is Persona 4. Golden wasn't out when I got my PS2 copy of the game, but I include both versions as my favorite. P4 made me fall head over heels for JRPGs and at the time it was nothing that I had experienced before. I really liked the everyday-life aspect of it where you gain social-links and can just chill about and learn more about the characters in MCs life. The story and the RPG-elements were also great.

I am once again replaying Golden now that it got Steam-release some time ago, and it's probably my most replayed SMT/Persona game with 3rd Persona and SMT III.

Fallout: New Vegas. There's a lot of games I favor, and extremely strong games that I'll always replay and have fond memories of, but to me, NV is my favorite game of all time. I say that as someone who's been gaming ever since the NES days, and has dabbled in even older consoles. (Atari, Colecovision, Magnavox Odyssey, etc. My parents owned some old shit back then.)

Amusingly enough in recent years I've grown sick of everything being an open world game. Elden Ring and Tears of the Kingdom basically burned me out on the genre with their massive, bloated worlds with too much to do but not enough actual meaningful content. (in TOTK's case, it being a repeat didn't help.)

The reason I bring this up is that to me, New Vegas struck the perfect balance for being an open world game. The game wasn't bloated for the sake of being 'big', and the world map, while large, was made with purpose. Every location was interesting in it's own way, and copy/pasted locations were very rare, almost bordering on nonexistent. Wherever you went there was always something interesting going on, something new to see, and the world was peppered with easter eggs and little tidbits for anyone willing to explore outside of the game's marked 'important locations' such as 'The One' and the 'Deathclaw Premontory' being some of the more famous ones.

It's also a game that gave you a tremendous amount of liberty and allowed you to pick several resolutions to any quest you undertook, side with any factions you wanted (or none at all) and kill basically anyone you wanted, consequences be damned. (I'm looking at you Bethesda and your hordes of 'essential NPCs')

All of this, and one has to keep in mind, the game was essentially released unfinished and rushed in development. If Obsidian had the proper time to really polish New Vegas, it'd have been even better - Caesar's legion could have been more fleshed out and less comically evil, for example. In a world where NV got the development time it needed, it'd have been better than what we got.

I admit my love for New Vegas is almost fanatical. It's a game I always find myself drawn back to, I've played a lot of mods for it, and still plan to get into others I haven't played yet. (I didn't play The Frontier and I'm not sure I want to.)

Runner up choices for favorite game would be Planescape: Torment, Final Fantasy Tactics and Live A Live.

Dead Cells. Reminds me of the DosGames I grew up with (Yes, I even played those kind of games on Floppy Disks)

This is a hard question to answer honestly. The one game I go back to no matter what, will be Ark. Be it Survival Evolved or the new Survival Ascended.

I've been playing the game since around the time of the 3rd DLC map Aberration came to Console and I fell in love with it. I've never once touched an official server and always done PVE unofficial servers. I've heard about how toxic the official servers could be and I didn't have the time nor patience to raise a baby for 2 weeks (I'm looking at you Giga and Carcha). So I stuck to unofficial where I'd have one fully grown in a few hours if lucky.

Back
Top Bottom