Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What is your favorite anime?

.Fran

Meteorite
I know it may be tough to pick one anime that you like over all others although I personally have this clear. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Ooo... this is really tough....

I'm going to say Fate/Zero. While Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is a high contender, I'd say the tone of Zero tickles my fancy a bit more.

Hmm my favourite? That is a tough call but if I had to name the one that tops the list at the moment....I'd say it's probably.....I'd say My Hero Academia but it's changeable depending on my mood and runners up include That time I got reincarnated as a slime, Food Wars, Rising of the shield hero and Sailor Moon.

For me it's impossible to name just one. Even TOP 10 is kind of hard, but my TOP 10 in MyAnimeList consists of:
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fate/Zero, Cardcaptor Sakura, Aria The Origination, Monster, Mushishi, 3-Gatsu No Lion 2nd Season, Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor, Hugtto Precure, and Love Live Superstar 2nd Season.

Some notable mentions cause I can't control myself:
Monogatari-series, Haruhi Suzumiya-series, Symphogear, Sailor Moon, Mob Psycho 100 and Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Last edited:
I've got a bunch of favorites for various reasons... ...note that my reasons are personal opinion-based.
For introducing me to anime, and still being watchable to this day: Space Pirate Captain Harlock
For being the first multi-seasonal series I watched from end to end without feeling like I was forcing myself at any point: Dragon Ball Z
For being my first anime "for girls": Card Captor Sakura
For bringing back the characters of the above for another run: Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles
For making me realize gambling animes aren't all boring: Kakegurui
For being awesome all around in both comedy, action, and plot: Ranma 1/2
Perfect turn your brain off and laugh anime: Highschool of the Dead
For scarring me when I was too young to watch it, but showing me anime wasn't always only for kids: Princess Mononoke
Because blood, guts, and magic, are awesome: Berserk
Because it felt like more of the above: Claymore
Because school rumble fantasy with exuberant levels of ecchi: Tenjho Tenge
Because it felt like more of the above: Ikki Tousen
Because EDGE: Deadman Wonderland
Because best yandere: Future Diary
For being the best Isekai ever: Visions of Escaflowne
Best sports anime of all time: Hajime no Ippo
Because everyone who watched it loved it and I'm no exception: Cowboy Bebop
Because they never did a good anime adaptation of Kengan Ashura and this is the best we got, but it's also awesome in its own right: Baki the Grappler

I've seen two anime shows in their entirety
1. Cowboy bebop
2. Cyberpunk edge runners

Cowboy bebop wins.
Every time I go to look for suggestions of animes to watch Cowboy bebop always comes up in the top 3, and I wonder if anything will ever beat it.

Fullmetal Alchemist! Second place is totally Dragon Ball. I like it on in the background when I work.

Like many others here, I can't just name one specific anime as my absolute #1 fave. But if I had to make a list of my faves...
  • Yuyu Hakusho
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Dragon Ball series
  • Yugioh Duel Monsters
  • Pokemon
  • Big O
  • Samurai Champloo
  • Inuyasha
  • Rurouni Kenshin

Rising of the Shield Hero, Sailor Moon, Tenchi Muyo and Ranma 1/2 get honorable mentions. :)

Bleach! It was my first real foray into anime as a whole and I love the OST. I know it's not "the best" but I still like it the most. The new seasons have been excellent, too.

Oof thats a tough question lol.

I'd probably say Cowboy Bebop cause to me it's the most realistic sci-fi future I think I've ever seen. That one scene from the movie where Spike pulls a tab on a Cup a Noodles and it's insta done always stayed with me. Samurai Champloo by Watanabe is great too.

Naruto was my growing up anime more than Dragonball but I love them both. Naruto is a way better story i think but Dragonball is just iconic power fantasy stuff lol. Digimon. I found One Piece later in life and I think it's overrated but good. Come at me!

Code Geass has one of the best stories in anime I think. That ending...🤤

Lately I'm all about Demon Slayer...Spy x Family....My Hero...Hell's Paradise was good.

I know I will probably raise some eyebrows with this, but my favourite is probably Sword art Online. It tends to get a lot of hate online as being a bad anime only newbies who don't know better tend to enjoy, yet it had that something I really liked (maybe that something was Asuna 😇), and it was wholesome at times which I really loved.

I also was really into full metal alchemist brotherhood, and of course attack on titan (first seasons).

I also enjoyed ao no exorcist and devil is a part timer, latter especially was fun and wholesome 🤗

Ooo, Yeah that's impossible - who can choose one?

One piece in the top five for sure
My Hero
Dragon Ball Z
Chihayafuru (Fave Shojo)
Inuyasha was a childhood Fave
Along with anything made by Ghibli

sailor moon baybeeee. the dedication is so strong i'm thinking about ANOTHER tattoo referencing it. but i credit ouran high school host club for introducing all my other friends into anime.

ALSO, i love my shonen, but shoutout to nana, fruits basket, and kimi ni todoke for making me a shamelessly hopeless romantic. if we're talking movies, howl's moving castle is my favourite studio ghibli movie and probably one of my favourite movies of all time.

Back
Top Bottom