Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Westbrook OOC

Sure, and we can wrap up the story arcs with Introductions between Ricci and Associates and Scoops new cameraperson so you don't miss anything.

In short, take your time, you two. 🙋‍♀️

I hope that wasn't too much of a leap for Edith to have caught the meteorite splitting up on camera. I just felt it would be a good way for her to prove her worth to Sapphire.

Actually, that would fit in with her narrative that it was the meteorite when the heroes do start appearing,, especially if Edith is unaffected (you can have two others affected, everyone can have three). Her exact words will be she's "duly impressed" for the initiative. Saph's not that much older than Edith either, which will show Saph Edith can also discern pretty well too.

Both pluses to get on Scoops' good side, lol.

She most definitely is.

I assume that as the story progress our super powered characters will divide into heroes and villains ...
Yes, pretty much. Though Amaya is not exactly hero material: she is a squishy human being in all regards.

Her powers are very all-or-nothing and only for carbon-based living lifeforms. Her powers wouldn't work on, for example, a super who is made up of metal after the meteorite. Still, she is hero-adjacent.

Schro, on the other hand, is definitely a sadistic, paranoid SOB of a villain.

Lol, couldn't have put it better myself. If we get people joining us and go villain, that would push even temperamental people like Windy to have to choose sides. Right now, it's whoever pisses her off. Just happened to be villains first.

And darn.... I was hoping brick would hit brick. Windy would feel really bad it hit someone. Since she just got lectured, and feels guilty already, if Schro goes to the diner and gets her as a waitress...? Anyhoo, just throwing the idea out there, @Inkybus for next time. I might answer tomorrow, as the introduction is all but over

Also @MsBloom , although I introduced her, if you want to play the cheerleader in love (but doesn't know about Windy's crush) or best friends Zapper or Molly, feel free to. Goes for you too Inkybus

Schro, on the other hand, is definitely a sadistic, paranoid SOB of a villain.

Could perhaps be interesting to throw him into the ring against Su-Ji at some point.

if you want to play the cheerleader in love (but doesn't know about Windy's crush) or best friends Zapper or Molly, feel free to.

I'll think about it.

Also: working on a much darker villainous character. I was thinking someone impervious to pain (with the side effect that they also cannot feel pleasure) and maybe some other effect as well.

Nice, don't forget to add the villain to the CS before adding him/her/them. Only regular appearing NPCs (Like Gabe and Rebecca's team and now Edith) don't need to be, but can if it helps you and the rest of us. If Edith is going to be only yours to move, now that she's introduced, you can add her as a PC in CS.

Interesting to see what she was doing at 5pm the Sunday of... Sounds like a fun character to be playing against.

I should probably mention that Schro now dislikes Velocity. On account of her doing her heroic deed and stopping the fight before the cop got involved. The Velocity he referred to in the rest of his muttering is a fictional character.

Gotcha, but he thinks (especially with the echoing) it was a guy. I'm pretty sure he'd be hungry anyway, so the Golden Spoon might be a good stop for him anyway. Just think about it, I'll probably post though, tomorrow, as I said earlier.

Aww, I didn't see Edith, too, but still, Blair approved (Ginger ever heard their backstory, she'd cry, then want to talk sense into the parents at least)

Edith already is as far as NPCs go, so if you do turn her to a PC, she's already established.

Not being able to feel pain of pleasure surely has its downsides especially as this also extends to other senses such as taste and smell. They can still discern tastes and scents but
I have a question about this: are they able to sense smells and taste in ways that are not like regular human or are they completely unable to perceive these things? Because if it is a different sense, like sensing auras or what have you, Schro's power will be able to affect that sense. As in, if someone can 'see' heat, like certain reptiles in the suborder Serpentes, Schro can make them see heat where there is none.

I am very interested and invested in power interactions if you couldn't tell.~

I've got a question for @Inkybus on power interactions, would Schro then sense Windy heavy crush she doesn't sense herself for the cheerleader then? I mean that more hidden emotions even hidden from Windy herself (right now)!

I've got a question for @Inkybus on power interactions, would Schro then sense Windy heavy crush she doesn't sense herself for the cheerleader then? I mean that more hidden emotions even hidden from Windy herself (right now)!
Schro doesn't feel the emotions of people: what he can do is, for example, fool someone's vision into seeing a man where there is no one actually there. However, there are very specific limitations to that. But if Windy flirts with someone and Schro is looking and hearing through her eyes and ears, he might make a few educated guesses. He can be pretty sharp when it comes to people's motivations. A little bit more than the average Joe, probably.

Schro can only make you see something if you have seen him. Whether that happened face-to-face or through a photograph is irrelevant. But if you have only seen him, he can only impair your vision in any way he feels like and no other sense. His usual method is making you see something that is not there or superimposing someone else onto a person that you might otherwise recognize.

When you touch him or vice-versa, he can make you feel touch, even though nothing is actually touching you. If you hear him speak, he can make you hear things that are not there. If you smell him, he can make you think there is a smell there, when that is not actually the case.

One of the biggest threat factors when it comes to Schro is that he can make you feel the most excruciating pain in the world, which could send someone's brain into shock and kill them. That is not guaranteed to work though.

One of the drawbacks of his memetic powers, however, are that he is slowly becoming more paranoid and callous as time goes on. It might spiral into stress that makes him snap completely, depending on how things go, of course.

His powers work best on someone who is interacting with him directly and will fade over time, as the memory about him degrades and whoever was affected slowly forget about his features. When someone forgets about Schro completely, depending on how they perceived him, they might hear the beating of a crow's wing as it takes flight or they catch a glimpse of a shadow leaving their peripheral vision.

In the end, Schro does not have the power to sense emotions. But if he met and interacted with someone who could sense emotions (for example, someone with the power to see a light glow around people, with different colors attributed to different emotions - i.e. red for angry), his power would let him sense emotions through the eyes of whoever that powered person was. He couldn't do it himself, but he could sense it through their eyes.

Back
Top Bottom