Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Digital Domain (-NekoUke- x BrightChaos)

Shin slot his Digivice into the custom made port on his computer. The screen depicted a map of a strange land, the Server Continent. The map showed it with a grid over layer on it. Many of the squares were shaded black. Those were areas that had fallen to the enemy.

"The Digimon Empress, as she calls herself, has made large gains. I have identified a few targets that should weaken her control of the Digital World." Shin stated casting the image to the projector for the rest of the team to see. He turned back to the small room filled with people and Digimon. It had a small table with fordable chairs for them to sit in. The computers were the only thing that they had clearly spent alot of money on.

They were one of the new start ups that offered contracts to government agencies. Once it was discovered that activities in the Digital World affected the real world it was deemed a security risk. Few people had Digimon partners and even fewer had Digivices that could take them to the Digital World so it was a great way to make money for the lucky few.

"Approach cautiously, many Digimon have fallen to her control," Sakuyamon chimed in. She sat elegantly at the table. She was in her Miko Mode. She sipped her tea glancing to her partner and back. Digimon had learned that bonding with humans and channeling their emotions. Since evolving to more powerful forms was most Digimon's goal this worked well for them.

Behind them Renamon stood in the corner in she shadows of the equipment watching silently. She looked to Sakuyamon, her mother, and her tamer. She was following in her mother's path. She was not one to be talkative unless necessary. Her training had taught her to analyze everything.

"And Mariko and me have the strongest Digimon. I guess we go in first?" Rio said with a hint of reluctance in his voice. He was one of the earlier humans to get a partner Digimon. But he had rarely battled with his Digimon. Since his partner was ultimate stage he had little issue getting hired on at Digital Domain. But part of him felt out of his element. Was he up to this?

Last edited:
"Are we certain? I don't want to rush into this blindly." Called a voice nearby a water dispenser; Naoki Oyakawa. At twenty-one he was the newest member of a small, private agency of adult Digimon tamers that investigated a rather strange and bizarre phenomenon that nobody but they and certain members of the government knew about. The digital world. He looked towards his partner, Renamon. Seeing her stoically observe the group that had formed, it made him feel slightly at ease.

"Mhm. Once we enter, Naoki and Shin will stay at a distance; with Shin of course acting as navigation. Once we're in range of a tower, we'll likely be cut off. I expect she'll have some nasty trick like that up her sleeve." The voice belonged to a woman with a rather intimidating appearance that certainly never matched her partner. Twenty-three year old Mariko Inoue. She, along with Rio were the most senior members of the organization; as evident by their partners ultimate forms. "The towers will most likely be heavily guarded, so we'll clear the area so you two can do your thing."

"How hard can it be?"

"I just said they'd be heavily guarded." Mariko sighed. "Rena, you need to discipline your tamer more." She laughed in a joking manner, if only to tease Naoki. "That being said...Shin, are you sure we won't be detected on our approach? She has eluded us for this long for a reason."

"I wonder why she calls herself the Digimon Empress." Naoki mused to himself out loud. "Is she trying to ride the coat-tails of the last person to call themselves that?"

"That was a guy." Rio's partner chimed in.

"Then clearly whoever she is, she's not that creative; despite being intelligent enough to breach the digital world in such a way."

" This is my best estimation. But I think the two of you can pull it off. Your Digimon are very powerful. Even most of the Digimon that the enemy has haven't reached that level." Shin added trying to sound confident. He worried if he showed any doubt it would jeopardize the mission. But in the back of his mind he had doubts. While they had gone to the Digital World, they had never tried to directly fight this enemy.

"Sounds like us and our partners will be in for some heavy action," Rio asked looking over to Naoki trying to make it sound humorous. She was the newest member of Digital Domain, but they way she carried herself made him feel like she had been there longer.

"Yes, we'll stay back and be providing support. Our partners have good surveillance skills that would benefit the mission more then by battling." Shin agreed. He removed his Digivice from the computer causing the map to vanish off the screen. Renamon simply looked away at Mariko taunt not wanting to look weak by engaging in such childish behavior.

"Last guy? The Digimon Emporor? How much do we know about him?" Rio asked not knowing much about the Digital World himself.

"I'm ready," Sakuyamon said after sipping the last of her tea and stood up. In a flash of light she changed back to her normal armored form to get ready to depart. Shin turned around and held out his Digivice to the computer.

"Digital Gate, open!" He opened the portal and light engulfed them. When it cleared the found themselves standing in an open meadows surrounded by a forest of telephone poles, traffic lights, and stop signs.

"This is the Digital World for you," Rio commented laughing at the absurdity of it. Shin on the other hand had already taken out his binoculars and looked at the distance. The nearest Dark Tower was a ways off, so there should not be any hostile Digimon to close to them.

"You don't know about the Digimon Emperor?" Naoki raised an eyebrow at Rio. Surely anyone who was aware of this world must have heard that story before. "Let's just say he did the same thing our Empress is doing right now." He said. "Only we don't know her motive; his was jealousy..or was it grief?" Eitherway, there would be time enough for sharing tales later as the gate would be abruptly opened after Shin gave them all access.

If he wasn't ready before, he had best learn to be now.

Mariko looked around at the sudden change in landscape before them. A far cry from the quaint, small office they had occupied earlier. Now they were in a location where everything seemed entirely out of place and yet familiar. "I've only been in here for a bit to scout out this sector." Mariko said. "Otherwise, anything past here...we know not what lays ahead in store for us. Remember, once we can confirm an area is clear; you two rendezvous with us. And make sure your partners are in good shape just in case."

Naoki wasn't listening to the little speech Mariko was making, instead he was focused entirely on his partner; standing close to her.

"Well I mean I heard of him. Just don't know much else," Rio said in his defense to Noaki. Don't erode confidence in your ability on your first mission. He told himself.
"Or maybe he was just thought he was playing a video game and trying to get a high score!" Rio said jokingly to relax the mood looking to the display with the enemy's advance on it.

Once in the Digital World Rio looking in the direction of they would be heading. He might not have binoculars, but he could tell there was trouble ahead.

"This is where we split up. Keep an eye on your D-Terminals for when we message you two," Shin said before motioning to his partner hoping she could fly him on her broomstick here. There was no pubic transportation after all.

"Right!" Rio acknowledged before the other two left. After they vanished from sight he looked back to the other guy then to both their partners.
"So what do you guys want to do while we wait? He said pulling a small box from his pocket.
"I have some cards if we need to pass the time," He suggested.

It didn't take a genius to figure out there was some odd sense of tension looming in the air as the team split up. It wasn't out of animosity between its members however; but rather the fear that their every move was being tracked by the Empress herself. And they'd be right. Though for now, she seemed to hold off on playing her hand but she certainly had a nasty surprise ready for the two tamers that were headed towards the first tower.

Little did they know, that first tower would be a trap.

Naoki and Rio on the other hand, didn't seem to be in any danger. Perhaps she did not see them being worth the trouble or they were out of her surveillance range? Either way, they were safe where they were which was evident by the fact that Naoki rested himself against his partner once she had sat down. Renamon always did comfort him.

"You brought cards with you?"

"I figured there would be some downtime. Since there is four of us, what game do you think we should play?" Rio asked taking the cards from the box and starting to shuffle them sitting by a tree stump to use it as a table.

"A game of the mind?" Sakuyamon said taking a seat by Mariko. It sounded like a relaxing but stimulating activity to her. A smile appeared on the Digimon's face as she waited for them to pick a game and explain the rules.

"You have any preference?" He asked his partner Rosemon glancing over to her still shuffling the cards. But did Digimon play card games?
"Do you have any card games in the Digital World?" Rio asked his partner curiously.

-----

Renamon jumped from tree branch to tree branch moving quickly but silently. She spotted many Digimon with Dark Rings on them and made mental notes. Then just as swiftly she returned to her partner a distance away.
"There are several Digimon ahead, but only a few are Ultimate level." She informed Naoki quickly waiting to see what his next instruction would be.

Shin held onto Witchmon as they soared above trying to stay high enough to avoid being seen easily.
"Please be careful enough not to let me fall," He said slightly sarcastically. He had never though that traveling in the Digital World would be like this.

Back
Top Bottom