Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

It Happened at Westbrook

Unspecified park, outside Westbrook

It had perhaps not been spectacular camera work but it had been competent and intuitive, at least Edith felt as if there had been a flow to her reactions to Sapphire's directions, like the shot of the scorched tree tops. Though what she was most pleased with as the two of them reviewed the footage on site, to determine if there were any retakes needed or additional material to shoot, was the timing of the close up. More importantly Sapphire was pleased with her work Perhaps it might lead to a more permanent position at News 3 as Sapphire's personal cameraperson.

She chuckled lightly as the reporter suggested them having dinner together and a smile spread at the suggested restaurant.
"Sure," Edith said as the smile grew even bigger.
"I like'em hot."
This was said with a playful wink.

Su-Ji's home

Su-Ji turned on the water to let it heat up while she undressed.
"Looks like it did."
It was both like a voice inside her head and at the same time it seemed to come from behind her and when she looked behind her there was Nef, half sitting, half lying on her left thigh with the same leg extended in front of her, licking her left back paw and pulling at the claws.
"Did you ..."
Su-Ji squatted down in just her underwear and Nef momentarily stopped grooming herself and looked up at Su-Ji.
"Was that you? Inside my head?"
"And what if it was?" the voice returned.
"Would that mean you've lost the last of your marble?"
Su-Ji raised an eyebrow and without even realising she did it licked her left hand and pulled it down across the left side of her nose and left cheek.
"Maybe," she said and stood back up.
"Or maybe just your human marbles," the voice added in an almost mocking tone and she could have sworn she heard a giggle as Nef also stood up and sashayed out of the bathroom.

Su-Ji showered, happy that at least she hadn't also gained a cat's aversion towards water. Once she had washed away the night sweat she stepped stepped out of the shower and studied her naked form in the mirror. It felt as if she was at least starting to get a hang of how to use the tail, She could both whip it rather rapidly from side to side as well as raise it up along her back, and pull it back in between her legs. She could even touch her navel with the tip and this made her giggle.

She tested her newly acquired retractable claws which extended from underneath her nails. After a few attempts at precipitating and retracting them she realised she could do each claw separately if she wanted to.

Still. It was bad. At least she wasn't covered in fur though, not counting the tail of course and a small area on the low of her back around its root.

"That's new."
There was that voice again but this time she didn't have to look behind herself to know that Nef was sitting behind her.
"And if I were you I wouldn't try to remove the whiskers."
"But I can't very well go to school like this Nef."
Of course not. You have to at least put on some clothes. Might I recommend a skirt perhaps, or a dress. At least until you figure out how to fit the tail through your pants."

Yup. She had definitely lost her marbles, every last one of them. Of course, like every other cat person in the world, she often talked to Nef as if she was a person but usually all she got in response was either weird looks or meowing. Not a fucking voice inside her head, or wherever it came from.

With a towel wrapped around herself she went back onto the roof top garden to get her phone and as she stood there in the chilled morning breeze she pulled up her contact list and called Ginger, whom she had known all through high school and was the closest thing to an actual friend she had in Westbrook.
"Hey. It's me. Su-Ji," she said when Ginger picked up.
"I ... ummm ... have a small problem and I might not be able to come into school today."
When asked what it was she first considered saying she just had really bad pms but that would only solve things short term, and if there was one person she trusted not to laugh at her or alert the world through social media that the former freak of Westbrook High had gone all out in the freak department being transformed into a feline hybrid it was Ginger.
"It's hard to explain really. I think you better swing by on your way to school and see for yourself."

Delta Lambda Pi Fratority

Morning:
Ginger grabbed the phone on the fourth ring. "Hello? Oh, hi Su-Ji! Oh? Anything in particular?" After rubbing her face. "I wish I could, but I have three classes today. Two connected to my fitness major, and Public Speaking." She thought about it. "I can swing over around five-thirty, six o'clock. It'd be nice to just hang out, we hardly have the last two years except when you rushed Delta Lambda Pi last year with me. Watch for me, it shouldn't be any later than six."

Golden Spoon

Windy was wide-eyed, looking at Alex. "L-Loni... I like her, but we... I mean, she's not, I..." She disappeared to wait on the couple, bringing them their glasses of water, blushing crimson. Oh yeah. Windy had it just as bad for Loni, as Loni had it for her.

"Why won't she just admit it, already? There's nothing to be ashamed of. She's track. They'd make a cute couple. Jocks and cheerleaders are supposed to date. It's a rule." A teen footballer said to his nodding teammates.

Hughes laid a gentle hand on Alex's shoulder. Speaking gently she said, "Calm down, how do you think you're able to see the counselor? I've only divulged what I already know, that is part of your public school record. I'm not the big baddie you and some others think I am, especially if you get to know me away from school." A sigh, and grabbing the other half of her BLT, she pushed the plate with the pickle slices and rest of the fries over to Alex."Besides, technically, you're not an adult yet, we'll talk about that on your birthday. It's coming up, isn't it? How would you like that celebrated for once?" Hughes asked, watching Alex turn to Windy as her dad came over to ask if she wanted something to drink. "Whatever she wants, put it on my tab, John."

Windy had just gotten the order from the couple. "A taste of Mexico, and a cherry malt with two straws!" She said putting the ticket on the wheel and spinning it halfway around to the kitchen.

"Taste of Mexico! Roger!" Her mom called from the kitchen.

Windy stopped by her dad, who went to get the malt done, having Windy take the drink order if Alex wanted one. "I know right? I was practicing my long jump when that thing exploded.... So I ate sand, which is not a good appetizer before lasagna."

Windy looked at the principal, since her mom was busy making an order, and her dad making the malt. Hughes shook her head no. "Depends on what you really know about today?" She got it. Don't reveal her superspeed power unless Alex had seen her either at lunch or physical education. If she has been seen taking off and becoming a blur... she'd have to tell her peer.

@CasualVelociraptor

Ricci and Associates

As the five lawyers watched Amaya's healing in action, the ear becoming whole, the tail straightening, even Gabe had amazement written all over his face.

"Close your mouths Gabe, Lucy and Rebecca." Reggie finally chuckled. He was going to have to do the speaking right now. "Impressive. To say the least. You're not just a doctor, you're a bonafide healer. That's quite the gift, young lady, no wonder you want lawyers. Reminds me of the case State vs Dr Berges."

That was a well-known and documented case about a natural healing doctor who had to fight for her practice when the state tried to shut her down and practice medicine their way, including pumping unneeded prescriptions into her patients. A case she won, thanks to Reggie Whitman.

"That's one of your cases, before you moved to Westbrook." Beau said.

"I did my final exam essay on that, proof you can fight city hall, and win. Only, this was at the State Capitol." Lucy smiled.

Rebecca got up from the table, to address her team and Amaya. "Which means nothing you saw, or what we will be discussing moving forward, can go beyond the six of us. This will have serious repressions, and if the government gets wind of this... Healing power?"

Beau grimaced. "Game over, man, game over!" Gotta love Hudson!

Rebecca nodded as she set her jaw. "Exactly, Beau. And not just for Amaya, but Ricci and Associates, too. This will be a daunting task, and I picked Reggie because of his knowledge of medical law." She looked at Amaya. "Besides keeping this secret until you're ready, what do you need from us, right now?" She was all business now, as if she hadn't been before. It was just more so. They were representing a freaking superhero!

@Inkybus

Somewhere in downtown Westbrook

Erin had to just get out of the precinct after finishing her report yesterday and patrol. The gangs were getting worse, now there was a super with the power of wind that took the law into their own hands, did it have to do with the meteorite? The gangs were always bad, but to be so blatant with a war practically in front of the station house? Granted it wasn't RIGHT in front, but it was the same block...

She was dressed in her go to plains clothes detective outfit (see image in CS for reference) and her new hat was now on order, thanks to the aforementioned super. She sighed as she looked around at her surroundings.... Wait. Was that that farmer coming near, what was their name? Something unisexual, Blaise? No... Well, might as well break the ice... "Didn't expect to see you out here this evening! Everything alright?" She couldn't see the person's hands yet, and didn't need to. They weren't in trouble, yet.

Su-Ji's residence

It was a good thing Ginger had said five-thirty, six o'clock, but she could have just left the o'clock off. At exactly 5:36, the fratority head sister rang the buzzer . "Su-Ji? I'm here!" She called, not caring if people thought her odd for visiting the freak. People know they were friends, and had been for some time, so any issue was on them, not her. Su-Ji would see the concern on Ginger's face... And something more? Apparently, Ginger had news herself, maybe from the fratority.

Wing Express

"Welcome to Wing Express! How may I direct your taste buds, this evening?" A clerk that had to be in high school greeted the reporter and other woman as they entered. Along the side of the wall was a colorful thermometer that started tannish and rose up 21 total lines to a white color, starting with "Salt and Pepper" at the bottom and ending with "Supernova" The original hottest, "Five Alarm" was now second from the top, and was deep red.

Sapphire looked at the name tag, on the right breast of the girl wearing a deep green polo with the restaurant logo on the left. "Hi, uh Ami. Yes, 10 piece boneless with Mango Habanero, please, and an order of fries. Large tea to drink."

She moved over to let Edith to the counter. "Supernova is new. I couldn't handle the Five Alarm or the Blazing."

Ami shook her head. "Then I suggest you avoid Supernova at all costs. It's made with ghost peppers. I've seen firefighters crying after eating it."

Sapphire smirked at Edith. "You said you like 'em hot, can't get any hotter than ghost peppers. Friendly warning, I don't want to hear about it later. I'd just go with Blazing or Five Alarm if I were you. Better safe than sorry."

@MsBloom

Rooftop Garden/Su-Ji's home

Monday 5:45 pm

Su-Ji had slipped into one of the few dresses she owned and had spent much of the day in the rooftop garden with Nef slowly beginning to realise that it was in fact her voice she heard inside her head, that the two of them were actually having a real conversation, not just a one-sided pretend one.

She also tested the new abilities the transformation had included, heightened agility. She easily jumped across to the building across the street and with a bit of help from Nef learned to sort out what was worth hearing in all the murmuring noise she picked up. As the day passed it also became clear to her how the transformation, or rather the mix of their DNA had affected Nef. She noticed for instance that Nef now could not only stand on two legs but actually walk that way without much effort. It also became clear that her beloved cat now understood more abstract concepts such as for instance mathematics but also what school was and why Su-Ji disappeared every morning and didn't come back until late in the afternoon, what a phone was and many other such things that had probably been mysteries to her before.

At five thirty Su-Ji was sitting on the wall surrounding the rooftop garden keeping watch for Ginger to arrive and even as her old friend was making her way up the elevator Su-Ji went to the door waiting for her friend to ring the buzzer and thus opened the door while she still had her finger on it.
"So ... Yea ... Ummm ... Like I said, you had to see it to believe it," Su-Ji said and whipped her tail from side to side while moving her ears.

Xc52a1H.png
Ricci and Associates offices - Amaya "Melia" Sosa
"This much is nothing. I can remove cancer as well- the only thing I am unable to heal is anything affecting the brain."

I lied through my teeth. What were they going to do, call me a liar and say that I was able to heal brains? They had seen that I was genuine and if they wanted to kick someone who could cure cancer on a whim to the curb, that was also alright. I'd just go to the competition.

That was the short and simple of it: before me, there was no way to guarantee checks for cancer and other genetic diseases would catch everything. I could. I would.

"Could you tell me why it would be 'game over' if the government caught wind of this?"

I looked to Rebecca and sat back down in my chair.

"I want your advice: my ideas were to get the biggest, baddest team of lawyers to make a contract that I could propose to the government in order to get paid for healing folk and use the money to actually make a difference in the world. I want to avoid the pitfalls put there by the Powers that Be."

I crossed my legs and rested my wrists on my thighs.

"Then, if the big wigs didn't agree to my terms and conditions, I'd book a flight to the UK or Sweden and get their opinion. I'm not bound to this place, after all."

Wing Express (Edith) @Frozen Princess

"Yea I'll have the Supernova then, same sauce though," Edith said being a little slower than her boss to redirect her eyes from the name tag, or rather from the swell behind it.
"Except ... Do you have sweet potato fries instead, with cheese and red jalapeno? A large ice tea with extra honey. And maybe onion rings."
Ordering the supernova was of course a gamble but having to a large extent grown up on Mrs Pérez chili, every day after school, their taste buds were used to quite a bit of heat, and Sapphire's presumably ironic recommendation, to just stick with Blazing or Five Alarm had sounded like a bit of a challenge and Edith was not one to back down from a challenge.
"And don't worry. I'm not one to complain."

Behind the counter Ami shook her head but took the order after having confirmed they did indeed have sweet potato fries.
"Please take a seat and I'll be out with your order when it's ready."

Downtown Westbrook (En route to The Golden Spoon) - Blair @Frozen Princess

Blair barely recognised the detective in her plain clothes. The last time they had seen her, as far as they could remember, was when she showed up at the farm after their brothers had forcibly removed them from the library years ago. Back then she had been in uniform though. From what they could remember she had been quite nice to them but also had not followed through on the threat she had made to their parents about involving social services. If only she had ... Perhaps Blair's life would have been different, at least the last few years of it anyway.

They looked up as she spoke to them.
"When is it ever alright?" they retorted in a sharp tone.
"But they will be, soon," they added with a smirk spreading across their face.
"I'm finally done with my so-called family so there ... took myself growing a pair without any help from social services or anything ... as I remember someone promising a long time ago."
They then shrugged and stuck their hands into their pockets and kept walking, the conversation being over as far as they cared.

Golden Spoon @Frozen Princess (Windy) @CasualVelociraptor (Alex/a)

Blair had been walking around the town most of the day, testing the limits of their strange new condition. For example they had run face first into a wall and felt nothing but the force of the pressure of the wall against their face, the equal and opposite reaction to their action. They had used a disposable lighter to try to burn themself but still felt no pain, not even heat. They had done everything they could think of, including getting hit by a car, to try to hurt themself but even as they walked into Fashion by Malika, a small clothes store for women, tried on a pair of skinny black jeans and a see through blouse along with a pair of lace hipsters and then simply walked out ignoring Malika's protest that they had to pay. As they walked past the check out counter they had grabbed a black eyeliner pen and stopped at a Seven Eleven to use the bathroom and apply thick lines around their eyes. Finally they were starting to feel more comfortable with how they presented.

They had made arrangements for a place to stay when the time came to sleep, a rather run down flophouse in an alley behind a grocery store, and now they were starting to feel hunger, one of the few things they could still feel it seemed, maybe because it was an internal feeling. So they now stopped at The Golden Spoon.

Looking over the menu, realising they were a lot hungrier than they had initially thought, no wonder though since they had not eaten all day, in fact not since lunch the day before, they ordered two double bacon cheese burgers, two large fries, a large Pepsi, coffee and a whole apple pie from the pixie cut redhead waitress who by the looks of it was still in high school.

Golden Spoon @CasualVelociraptor (Alex) @MsBloom (Blair)

When Windy finally got the answer, she asked what she had to for everyone who asked for a Coke or Pepsi. "Is Faygo Cola, alright?" Very seldom was it not, but at least at $1.75 for 24oz,
Screenshot_20230927-201705.png
which was pretty much a large everywhere else, for half the price (or nearly. Almost $3.00 for a large soda at most fast food places), and a convenient plastic bottle with a lid... People could take the drink with them without needing a go cup.

After delivering the malt to the couple, she took Blair's order. "Wow. You're really hungry, huh? You can always get a go container for anything extra. We have Faygo products here in sodas, is Cola alright?"

A big cooler, but on the employees' side of the counter held 24 ounce bottles of every Faygo soda imaginable. Several more popular than others, and she motioned to it for Blair to see all the varieties inside, "If you can't tell for sure, just ask."

She had smiled the whole time, being a good customer representative (and waitress) for the Golden Spoon overall. She brought the several plates on a tray, because of the size of the order, and laid it out in front of Blair, before saying, "Wave me over if I can help you with anything else. Enjoy your meal!"

"The whole pie?" Windy's dad gasped, noticing the large order.

"We've had that before, dad." Windy said with an eye roll.

"To go. Never here, and with all that other food." He said shaking his head as Windy's Mom just shrugged. Even with the reasonable prices, this was going to be a $40 order. At least. At least one of the hamburgers could be considered a combo and get THAT price.

Ricci and Associates @Inkybus (Amaya)

Beau shook his head. "Big difference, though, Reggie, between Dr. Winona Berges and Ms Amaya Sosa, here. Superpower. She has abilities far above a mortal!"

Reggie shook his head, "I didn't say it's not going to be difficult. We lose this case, we might as well pack it up, and move to Europe with her."

Rebecca cleared her throat. "Schematics and whether or not she's Supergirl, aside, our client IS still right here! That's for starters!" She turned to Amaya. "I think both Beau and Reggie are worried about what they'd want to do with you BECAUSE of your powers. They can be pretty unscrupulous at times. We'd have to prove you're from earth, you came about this gift through no fault of your own, and how much more your powers would benefit everyone, and not just a select few, before we can even begin to address a contract. Personally, I think the hoops they'll have us jumping through would be just to stall, but it is what it is." She sighed.

Reggie caught his breath. "Even if we win THAT case, we'd have to show, beyond the shadow of a doubt, how your abilities aren't that much different than natural healing herbs and medications Dr. Berges used. The biggest enemy we're going to have, is the pharmaceutical companies. They'll try to shut you down and up because you would, in effect, be making them obsolete. You're the cure, they only want to keep treating symptoms. Look at how they scream when someone actually can be weaned off those drugs because they were actually improving through other means? No matter what the means were?"

Rebecca herself gave the headshot, without really stopping to consider it. "You told me you worked at the ICU at Community, correct? From your own experience, how many times you or a doctor you worked under, were pressured to proscribe one medicine, when there was another available with less adverse side effects, and was actually cheaper? Don't answer, just think about it for a minute."

After the pause, Gabe finally spoke up from his desk. "Beau and Reggie do make a good point, unfortunately. If we lose the case to get you the freedom to perform your work without too much unnecessary bureaucracy, red tape, etcetera, we'd lose business. We'd probably have to think of going to Europe. We represented a super who wanted to do good, and lost." He shrugged. "That's the kind of risk Rebecca and I are willing to take for you to be able to practice medicine how you want. She's going all in, with the best medical lawyer in Westbrook, to make sure you're represented how you deserve. You're just going against bureaucracy. We lose? Everyone loses. And if they're honest with you, every other law firm in this city, state AND country, would tell you the same thing. We HAVE to win, but it's no guarantee.

That said, I'm sorry but I need to chase you all out of my office and into a conference room, where the five of you can put your heads together to come up with a reasonable agreement, even if it's just skeletal to start." He tossed Rebecca the key to the conference room with the snack, coffee and soda machines. "Take as long as you need, just let me know if you run the coffee machine dry, hear?"

They would only be moving a few offices, but it would be enough for Lucy to fall in step with Amaya. "It's about time someone came along with healing abilities. I swear some of these medicines are worse than the disease they're supposed to be taking care of. The downside is... You won't have any repeat patients. I still applaud you for your initiative."

Su-Ji's home @MsBloom (Su-Ji)

Ginger furrowed her entire face into a thinker's frown. One could almost hear her saying, Your point? "Well... I'm not alone. I finally lost my temper at a meeting at the house." She looked around Su-Ji's home and pointed to a clay flower pot and a metal tea kettle. "Like you said, you'll have to see it to believe it. Remember Magneto in my X-Men comics?" She closed her eyes and pointed to the two items: Only the metal tea kettle soared to her. She caught it and handed it to Su-Ji. "When I confronted the thief, who is no longer a member of the fratority, every metal object spun around me in a whirlwind of dangerous objects. I've tried focusing on other things." A shrug. "Zero, zip, zilch, nada. If you're a cat version of Beast because of that meteor.... Then honey, I'm a female Magneto. You aren't alone. I just hope we aren't the only two... That would really suck."

Wing Express @MsBloom (Edith)

Sapphire was surprised. "I gotta remember my favorite chicken place has sweet potato fries." She then teased Edith, "It's not listed on the board overhead, how did you know?"

Once they got seated. "I think she's a little young for us... Err. You." Sapphire said. "We're both over eighteen, she looks like she's barely sixteen." She then folded her hands in front of her. "So. Buffalo. Got tired of the feet of lake effect snow, and come to a place that can have feet fall without a nearby lake? Westbrook had a record three feet fall in a week." She paused for dramatic purposes, before saying, "In 1966. We usually have three to four feet fall in the course of the season. Was the college and less snow the only reason you chose Westbrook? Not that I'm complaining, mind you." She winked. Well, if Edith was going to flirt, she might as well flirt right back.

Shortly, Ami came with the orders. "The ghost pepper sauce is what makes the Supernova what it is, but I brought you some mango habanero sauce to dip your sweet potato fries in, if you wish." With that she bid the two "happy dining" before retreating to the kitchen, and then the counter.

Sapphire gave a smirk as she stuck some regular fries in her mouth. After swallowing, she quipped quietly to Edith, "I'd dunk those plain flavored onion rings in it first."

Last edited:
The Golden Spoon @Frozen Princess Windy @CasualVelociraptor Alex/a

"No," Blair said when asked if they would like some disgusting cheap imitation instead of the Pepsi they had ordered.
"If I order a Pepsi I want a Pepsi. I had wanted something else I would have ordered it."
Blair's tone was dismissive and they didn't even bother to look at the young waitress who was of course only trying her best to make his visit as pleasant as possible. They did restrain themself from calling her a dumb bitch at least but to them that was what she was.

When the order came they checked to make sure everything was there and nodded. At least she had gotten that part right. They didn't eat the food as much as they devoured it, more like a famished beast than a civilised human and even though they refused to acknowledge it they did notice how most eyes in the diner turned to them, some more subtly than others of course. They just didn't care. They had proven to themself that they were basically invulnerable and had also realised that while they had always been strong they were even more so now. If anyone wanted any trouble Blair would not be one to deny them the experience of their new powers which they could almost feel growing with each bite they took. This was perhaps logical because after all food was fuel and strength required fuel.

Su-Ji's home @Frozen Princess Ginger

Su-Ji had nodded when Ginger explained that she was not the only one affected by the meteor, that the explosion and the following radiation had given her powers as well. Though it had not altered her appearance. Ginger would still be able to move around among people without drawing unwanted attention to herself.

The way she moved the kettle with just her mind was impressive and it was definitely just like Magneto, as she had said, and Su-Ji couldn't help but to wonder what limits, if any, there were to her powers. Could she perhaps move cars, tear lose fences, maybe even lift boats out of the water, not that there were any waters around Westbrook large enough for boats of any noteworthy size.

The reference to herself as a cat version of Beast, in the context of Ginger being Magneto, did cause Su-Ji to smile.
"Yea. I guess that makes me ... ummm ... Kitty?"
Her smile widened and she nodded.
"Yea. I like that," she said.
"Are you serious ... Kitty ... Reall?. Maybe for a kitten but c'mon, you're no kitten."
Su-Ji looked around the room and saw Nefertiti sitting on one of the chairs around the kitchen table.
"Did you hear that too?" she asked Ginger even though she was reasonably sure she was the only one who could hear Nefertiti talking.

Last edited:
Wing Express @Frozen Princess Sapphire

"I didn't. I just always ask if it isn't on the menu. Sweet potatoes after all counts as a vegetable, unlike regular potatoes," Edith explained how she had known they served sweet potato fries as well as regular fries.

"Perhaps you're right," Edith admitted when Sapphire pointed ut that the high school girl was perhaps a bit on the young side.
"Still. Looking doesn't hurt, does it?" she added.
This was one of the things Edith had struggled the most with after becoming an adult. That there was a much stricter line between who she could date. In high school and college she had usually dated younger than herself, only by a year or so of course but still. True, she was not only over 18 she was in her 20s and if, as Sapphire said, that girl was no more than sixteen, that meant a full half decade in age gap between them which was perhaps a bit much.

Edith bit her bottom lip nervously a dew seconds wondering if this would be an issue, perhaps that lingering look could mean she would lose the job as Sapphire's cameraperson with only one shoot under her wings. But then her new boss changed the subject to talk about why Edith had moved to Westbrook or perhaps more so why she had stayed once college was over.
"Yea, well snow is snow right. With or without lakes. I kind of like it if I'm perfectly honest."
She shrugged and paused pensively as if she was unsure how honest to be about her reasons for not going back to Buffalo, or to move on to New York City to study film.
"I guess I just needed to get away," she said, rather non-committing, hinting with the tone of her voice that she had no intentions of returning to her hometown.

Xc52a1H.png
"I thought this country was all about 'innocent until proven guilty'? Anyway, if I have these powers, I bet you all my savings that there are others who have similar if not the same superpowers that I do and I blame the meteor bursting almost on top of Westbrook for it. I bet we will get reports about strange powers before the day is over."

I said, with a simple shrug. "If you need a witness about me being a human, you can ask René Gonzales: he was my case worker until I got out of foster care and all."

Reggie explained how the pharmaceutical companies were going to be the biggest obstacle and I shook my head. "I'm just one person. Even if I were to go and use my power in the hospital I worked at previously, I wouldn't be able to help everyone. We were criminally understaffed. I can't and I won't work for more than eight hours a day, five days a week, either. Any more than that and I'd burn out way too fast."

I stood and took Lim's leash again, when Gabriel decided we should move the meeting to the conference room. My dog got up and remained at my side, now walking without his signature limp. But I would not change his name: it was the what he responded to nowadays anyway.

When we got to the conference room, I sat down with a long sigh. "Repeat patients? I don't care about that. If you'd worked a day at the hospital, you'd feel the bone-deep exhaustion of having to do the work of two and a half people, for no recognition and the skepticism of smoothbrains who think vaccines cause autism and are surprised when their kids come down with measles or varicella. It's enough to make you want to throttle those selfish bastards that think themselves parents."

Fashion by Malika @MsBloom ?

No sooner did Erin get back to the precinct, then Malika called the precinct. "I'll take it. Officer Jenny¹, with me."

The two policewomen were back out the door, this time in a squad car and at the scene. While Erin did the interview, asking for as many details as possible, Jenny would look for clues.

The more Malika explained and described Blair, the more the knot in Erin's stomach grew. She thought back to the day long ago when she went to the farmhouse as a wet behind her ears rookie and what she said. Realization hit as her words came back to her. "If I have to come out here one more time, I'm bringing social services!" She swallowed hard. She was never sent to the farmhouse again, because she shot through the ranks.

Sighing and closing her notebook, she promised Malika she'd do the best she could to recover the stolen merchandise. Jenny approached and the two headed back to the street.

"Where to next, Detective Holmes?"

Erin pointed to the driver's seat and got in the passenger side. "Patrol this area." She then described Blair to her. "That's who we're looking for. She finally snapped. Hopefully, stealing clothes is the worst she does."

Ricci and Associates @Inkybus Amaya

Beau nodded. "That's the law, but that's not the belief of the common citizen. Most have their own definition of the law in their own eyes, and being innocent isn't one of them."

Reggie shrugged. "There's bias everywhere, Amaya. Sadly, you have the added gift of these powers. It'll make you an even bigger target. Usually caused by jealousy. You have something they don't. It's going to happen a lot as we move forward."

Rebecca sighed. "Oh, I know a thing or two about extremist anti-vaxxers. One of my first cases was defending a nanny from an extremist influencer by the name of Willow. She's exactly as you described. Anti any vaccine. I'm only against the flu myself, and with the recent pandemic, I got extremely sick from the first shot, I didn't go back for the follow-up, but didn't stop others from getting it. I told what happened with me, and let them decide for themselves."

Reggie nodded. "We were just starting, but Gabe didn't force us to get the shot or we were fired, like what happened in other places. It was recommended, not mandated. Rebecca couldn't take any follow-ups as it could have made her sicker. That would be going to the extreme on the other side of the spectrum, and taking away our rights to decide for ourselves."

He took a deep breath, and waved it off. "Anyway, you're not here to hear our sob stories. You're here for having the medical law work for you. One thing you're going to find, is you may set certain working hours, but emergencies are going to crop up. In an ideal world, medicine and healing can be a 40 hour work week. Sadly, this world is far from ideal. Forty can be your perimeter. It's definitely a good idea to set a perimeter. Might I suggest no longer than ten hours over that so you can take time for yourself, to recharge your batteries?"

Rebecca snapped her fingers. "That's a good point, Reg. Let's say you set your hours as banker's hours. Nine to five, with the mandatory hour off for lunch. In order for you not to go much past five, don't set any appointments after quarter after four. Just in case something takes longer than you expected."

Su-Ji's home @MsBloom Su-Ji/Nefertiti

Ginger raised an eyebrow. "Well, I was thinking something more in line with your major, but if you're going with Kitty, it would make logical sense. What do you think of HeartBeat, for me? Fitness trainer? If not that, Cardio? Still fitness, but also maybe, metallic?"

She sat at a chair and looked puzzled at Su-Ji. "Hear what? Don't tell me that not only do you have the ears of one, you hear like one? What did you hear? There's construction half a block over..." She said the last sentence as one musing. "Okay, so we're X-Women, I guess, what do we do now?"

Wings Express @MsBloom Edith

Sapphire sighed as Edith couldn't help herself. She might as well set her right. "Technically, no. It doesn't hurt. Unfortunately, if a police officer caught you...." she shook her head. "I'll just leave it there, but suffice it to say, you'd at least get told about it. You're my camera gal. What you do reflects on me. Just a fact of life."

She sighed and rubbed her face. Apparently, she got away with one; best not chance another. After all, she had said us before backtracking to you.

As she listened to Edith, she did notice the general question being skirted. It was a private matter, and bore no relevance to any story she was working on, so discerned that the why was none of Sapphire's damned business. "Fair enough. What's your take on this whole meteor thing? Shades of Chelyabinsk, 2013, yes?"

1-Pokemon reference

"Cardio sounds like a good name. I mean to use anything relating to magnetism would perhaps be a bit cliché, Su-Ji agreed and for a moment considered it the same didn't hold true for her own choice of powered name.
Kitty was after all quite obvious and, as Nef had pointed out, she was an adult and Catwoman would certainly have been as cliché and presumptuous as Ginger using anything referring to magnetism, if that was what her powers were. Su-Ji was far from certain it was. In a way it looked more like some form of telekinesis. Maybe she would give her own another thought or two.

"Absolutely I can. I woke up this morning to people ordering coffee at the corner shop where I usually pick up my coffee on the way to school myself but ... no that wasn't what I meant."
And in a way Ginger's question had been all the answer she needed. It was obvious that her friend didn't hear Nef talking in a human voice. It was all in her head, some kind of inter-species telepathy shared only between the two of them due to the mix of their DNA.
"It's just that ever since I woke up this morning I've ... been able to communicate with Nef. I mean ... she actually talks back, in a human voice, not just a Meow and body language for me to interpret. Like ... right now she told me that she doesn't like Kitty as my powered name because I'm an adult."
She shrugged and first licked the back of her left hand and the rubbed it on her left ear.
"Or maybe I'm losing my mind here."

Wings Express @Frozen Princess Sapphire

"Duly noted," Edith said as Sapphire basically told her to keep her eyes to herself and slowly put one of the wings into her mouth, closed her lip around it and sucked on it.
The ghost pepper sauce did indeed burn her tongue and lips but at the same time it had a fruity taste underneath the heat. She bit into it and began to chew. One trick to handle heat like that Mrs Pérez had taught her was to hold off on drinking anything for as long as possible to let your taste buds get used to the heat rather than trying to put it out.

She dipped some fries in the dipping sauce and let them follow the meat while pondering Sapphire's next question.
"Or The Tunguska Event in 1908, though there are still those who claim that might have been the catastrophic result of one of Tesla's experiments with wireless transfer of electricity, his so called Tesla Coils. Who knows. A meteorite still sounds more plausible though."

Realising this was not very helpful ... unless on some level it was .. The Tunguska Event had after all rendered the ground where the meteor struck infertile for a long time and created a wasteland that was sill visible from orbit. There were all manner of rumours and theories surrounding the event. One such theory, for instance, claimed it was an alien space ship crashing, just as the case was (according to a large enough number of conspiracy theorists) 39 years later in New Mexico. Maybe that was it ...

"More recently though ... Roswell," she added as something of an idea began to form in her head.
"What if ..."
She paused for dramatic effect.
"What if the same thing happened there, and that's what the whole cover up was all about. It is if nothing else closer than Russia."

Last edited:
Xc52a1H.png
Ricci and Associates offices - Amaya "Melia" Sosa @Frozen Princess
I listened to their anecdotes, nodding from time to time. "Ah, that's interesting." Idly, I thought about what kind of physiological obstruction there was that might make people sicker if they took the Covid shot and its follow-ups. I'd have had to diagnose her through touch to come up with an answer, sadly.

And then I was told that working 40 hours in the week or less was not in the cards. My eyes narrowed and my brow furrowed. I was able to disassemble gallbladder, esophageal, liver and lung cancer which normally have a survival rate of 20% and less for the former. I could wipe out HIV, undo diabetes and counter ischemic heart disease. Hell, I knew I could regrow limbs for amputees and make sure that replacement organs were completely accepted by the body.

My scowl deepened. Some staphylococcus aureus squirmed in the palm of my hand before they were assaulted by other bacteria I'd turned into a staphylococcus aureus eating organism. They went inert soon after and died as well.

"No."

If they couldn't meet my terms, then I would not use my gifts here at all. I was not the untiring Superman. I was not Jesus, Gandhi or Martin Luther King Jr. I was not a saint.

I was only human.

Beau was the overemotional one to balk. "No? We're being realistic here! Real life is not going to allow 40 hours in a medical profession workweek, too many things can and will go wrong!"

Reggie held up a hand to stop Beau. "It's something she'll have to learn the hard way." He turned to Amaya. "I'm with you on this, that's why I said 50. Most hospitals have been known to force 80 hour ones. Rebecca? You were the lawyer for one case here IN Westbrook..."

Rebecca nodded. "Emilia Quincy vs. Stayman a surgeon who sued the hospital for literally wearing her out. We found the hospital administrator had called her in several weeks in a row when there were surgical residents and newer surgeons just as qualified that had far less hours. She was literally being overworked, needlessly.

"Then she turned around and went into State politics." Beau huffed, which was largely ignored by the other lawyers.

Lucy laid a hand on Amaya's, giving it a pat. "We're going to keep going around in circles if you two don't stop pushing the realism. For one thing, Amaya isn't going BACK to work in the hospital. This is to set herself up in either her own practice..." she turned to Amaya with a smile, "which in my opinion, is your best option." She looked again at Rebecca and Reggie. "Or to keep from being taken advantage of by the government, setting strong unbending hours, we all agree, is paramount for the contract. Although Reggie isn't wrong on saying the cap should be 50, it's something Amaya doesn't want. She wants 40.

Even working for the government, which we all can agree is broken and needs fixing, or at least tweaking, no matter what party you associate with; it doesn't have to be the feds. Amaya could work at the state level. The governor is up for reelection. Imagine the boon he or his closest opponent, the aforementioned Dr. Quincy, would have with Amaya on their side. She's a genuine healer, people. We need to set some new precedents, two of us..." a glare at both her boss Rebecca, and Beau, "have often wondered what if supers were real? Wake up you two. They are, and one... A healer... Is asking us for legal help to get through this and make a decent contract, pointing out what they can and cannot do, and you're arguing realist schematics! Let's set up the contract the way she wants, and just maybe it'll fall into place." A pointed look at Rebecca . "It's a whole new world, princess¹, time for you to be the pioneer you always wanted to be." She finished, but then asided to Amaya, "Taking Rebecca's side on you not setting any appointments 45 minutes from your quitting time wouldn't have done us any favors, during my argument. I was doing my best to defend you. It was a good point though. If you're last appointment is 4:15 and you get off at 5:00? You could still see him or her in spite of any kerfluffles during the day. Last thing you want to do is not see a patient at an appointment you both agreed upon, because of time restraints."

Even Rebecca said "ouch" when Lucy's tirade was over.

"Well said, young lady, and you're right. Amaya, I acknowledge your humanity and I apologize. You worked in the field under people that don't give a crap about anyone else's feelings. Doctors, assistants, nurses and others under them or their patients. You obviously do." Reggie commented, followed by a salute.

Rebecca nodded, "Me, too. You still seem like a squishy human like the rest of us, just with a super power." A deep breath. "Well try it your way first. Forty hour workweek." She wrote down that as bullet point one.

Beau was next, "What you said about no appointment close to closing, Rebecca. It should actually be a full hour, not just 45 minutes," he looked across to Amaya. "Do you agree with that? This way the state can't put someone in during the last hour before you want to go home. Or in the slot fifteen minutes before you want to leave for the day."

1- lAladdin reference.

Su-Ji's home @MsBloom Su-Ji/ Nefertiti

Ginger made a face. "I happen to know my aunt isn't cracked, but she talks to her cats, plural, and would swear up and down they answer her. I don't think you're losing your mind. You're just a normal cat person." She raised an eyebrow as she thought about that, and looked at Su-Ji and her biological changes. "Err, relatively speaking, that is. Let's say you do have a sort of interspecies mindmeld with her...." She looked directly at the cat, talking to her and said with all seriousness. "Alright, Smarty-puss, if Kitty is an insult to her as an adult, what do you suggest? And so far that's one vote for Cardio for me. Agree or disagree?" In no way was Ginger trying to mock the ability, but she was showing a part of her temper, the part where she starts sounding like a Hollywood Squares host. Something Su-Ji would have seen before when Ginger gets mad about something, stating something and then challenging the object of that anger (although usually human) to agree or disagree with the statement. Apparently, she had liked the name Kitty. Su-Ji could push how Ginger felt about her.

Wing Express @MsBloom Edith

Sapphire shook her head. "Tunguska was too sparse a region, and they found rocks that could only have come from space. That documentary was well documented, although I haven't seen it in years." She continued eating her boneless chicken wings.

Her eyes lit up as Edith mentioned Roswell. "Of course! Even though they're using the fighter jet crash as the excuse here, look how quickly the Air Force has put that fence around the ravine. Public safety, my eye. Why wasn't the fence up long before that, then? Anyone who's lived in that area has known that's been open for close to fifty years.At least. Shades of another coverup planned? We really need to stick with facts we can prove though, not a new conspiracy theory. I hate those."

She nodded. "One of the non 'flying saucer' theories IS an Air Force experimental craft. If it was actually a meteor like Tunguska before it... Hmmm. What superheroes, or superheroines debuted in comics AFTER Roswell, and how did the creators really come about them." She wiped her hands and googled superhero debuts after July 1947."

She smirked, showing the phone to Edith. "Curious how Black Canary debuted one month after Roswell, when it was supposedly a slow year for DC? Moon Girl; Merry, Girl of 1000 Gimmicks and Sun Girl also debuted within a year. Facts. It's also been proven most of the comic book characters in the 40s were based on people the artists knew personally or met." She finished her meal. "I think we have ourselves a solid clue to chase. Next is getting permission to go to Roswell and investigate farther. Before we start actually seeing supers here, and before the government tries to cover THIS up. Coverups, sadly, are also facts, though not all lead anywhere. I feel like this one, with the fence over the ravine here now, will."

Xc52a1H.png
"I think you still do not understand what I am capable of."

I said, getting up just as Lucy tried to put a hand on mine. I walked over to the windows overlooking the street below: turning my back to prospective legal team for a few moments. Crossing my arms, I observed the hustle and bustle below: this building was smack dab in the middle of the city, as befits one of the best lawyer firms of the state, despite their new arrival.

"I can regrow hands, feet, arms and legs in less than half a minute. Cancer is only a minor hurdle I clear in six seconds. If someone is prone and may pass on congenital diseases, my power rectifies that. Let me reiterate, people: my power is able to fix the human body down to the genetic level."

I turned back to the team, without heeding the words about my supposed goodness. Good and evil, such a childish notion made me smirk for a moment. Then, I schooled my expression to be blank again.

"Could any of you tell me how much Glenn Dubin or Harold Hamm would be willing to shell out if I took care of their cancer or diabetes, respectively? What about Norman Braman?"

One thing I knew was true, something I had engraved deep in myself before I decided that getting a legal team was the first best step… I knew that the World needed me much more than I needed it.

There was a pause after Ginger had directly addressed Nefertiti, a pause which the Norwegian Forest Cat took the opportunity too lick herself on her belly.
"You have two votes for Cardio," Su-Ji said as she too had turned to look at the cat she had had since she was a 14 weeks old kitten.
"She says it fits you though to her you've always just been Muscles because of your abs and toned legs."
there was another pause during which Nefertiti sat up straight, wrapping her tail around he front paws and looked up at Su-Ji and then to Ginger.
"Smarty-Puss to you too. But alright Muscles, perhaps Kitty isn't exactly an insult as such but how would you feel if someone suddenly called you Girl, now that you are obviously a woman?"
The words came out of Su-Ji's mouth but as she said them she nodded at Nefertiti who was now locking eyes with Ginger.
"You may of course at times find it endearing, perhaps even affectionate, depending on who calls you Girl. I know you young women like to throw it around amongst yourself but it is my understanding that it is more for the sake of convenience since woman is a word with more friction to the melody of your language. But you have to admit that in the mouth of the wrong person, or said with the intention to belittle you as a woman by referring to you as a child, you do feel insulted, even if it is ever so slightly."
Nefertiti now began to lick her left paw quite casually but without taking her eyes off of Ginger.

"So what would I suggest instead? Hmmm ... Goyang-i perhaps. She was adopted from Korea after all. Then again ... in your western tongue that might just sound like gibberish. Another good name would perhaps be a reference to her favourite book, still even if she would deny it ... Cheshire."
There was another pause which Su-Ji used to let out a deep sigh and shoot a glance at Nefertiti. How did she know all these things about her? Sure cats were supposedly quite intelligent but concepts such as countries and their various languages as well as books and how she felt about them must surely be above and beyond what a cat could pick up. And also, as far as Su-Ji knew no one had ever spoken to Nefertiti in any other language than English so how did she know the Korean word for cat?
"She i right though," Su-Ji admitted.
"On both counts. Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass are my favourite books, well top ten at least, and in any other situation I might deny it because many just see them as children's tales. On the other hand Nef ... Cheshire, really, that doesn't really sound like a name of a person does it?"
Nef meowed and appeared to shrug her shoulders before turning her attention towards the pantry which she began to pat with both paws.
She asked: now how about breakfast huh?
"Sure Nef," Su-Ji said and opened the fridge taking out a portion sized bag of cat food which she opened and squeezed onto a small plate and put on the floor.
Nef then completely ignored the two young women and focused entirely on the food.
"Well that wasn't much help I suppose," Su-Ji said as she refocused her attention on Ginger.
"But now do you believe me that it is a bit more than how a normal cat person talk to their cats?"

Last edited:
Wing Express @Frozen Princess Sapphire

Edith kept eating as she listened to Sapphire make heads and tails of the information she had just given her regarding other similar events. The wings were indeed hot and she could feel herself breaking a sweat from the internal heat of the ghost peppers. Still though she resisted drinking a while longer and soon the burning sensation on her tongue subsided, or at least faded a little.
"True Tunguska might have been well documented in more recent times but I still think it is a strange fact that they found no crater at the supposed point of impact in 1927 when the first scientific expedition was made. And also, not wanting to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything, because I too strongly dislike them even if at times they can be quite entertaining in their beliefs, the first superhero to appear in comics was Superman in 1938. That's only 11 years after that expedition and given the much slower pace of information back then, and the fact that not even back then The Soviets were particularly forthcoming with information. It could of course be a simple coincidence that the first superhero to appear in comic books was an alien that crashed in a wheat field outside a small Midwestern town. What if The Soviets covered up what really happened at Tunguska the way the US government has in Roswell, and Area 51."
She now finally took her first sip of Pepsi and felt a pleasant relief as it further cooled down the heat in her mouth and stopped her sweating from it.

"Anyhow. What I'm trying to say here is that it is worth taking a look and maybe ask a new set of questions. I find it interesting as well that the DC version of Black Widow, had it not been for her Canary Cry, appeared that close to the Roswell incident. Sun Girl also had a rather interesting weapon don't you think, for its time that is ... a gun that shoots sunbeams, sounds alien to me."
Listening to herself Edith realised she was almost starting to sound like one of those conspiracy theorists she often found entertaining to listen to and to mock for their general refusal to listen to any theories or evidence that did not fit their own particular theory. Then again what was that saying; Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
"Too bad Roswell is as far away as it is because if we go we might miss something happening here, but I certainly wouldn't mind a roadtrip, and I suppose we could do a deep search of the internet, about Roswell as well as Chelyabinsk, not that I don't think you haven't looked into that already but I might know people that can ... shall we say look deeper."

Back when she had been in high school in Buffalo she had briefly dated a girl who was something of a wiz with computers. She had been expelled though for hacking the school's network, which she called a joke when it came to security, to expose a teacher who used grades to black mail certain female students into performing ... intimate services ... for him. It had of course been covered up even if the school did fire the teacher.

Golden Spoon @CasualVelociraptor Alex @MsBloom Blair

Windy had gone back to check on Blair several times, refilling the coffee as often as needed. Knowing the fact Pepsi products was not something they even carried in the sodas, she asked as she put the bill face down on the table, "I hope everything else was to your satisfaction? Please pay up at the counter. Thanks for dining with us!" The bill would be an itemized receipt print out. Double bacon cheeseburger combo w/coffee 8.50 Double bacon cheeseburger platter 8.00 whole fruit pie 8.00. subtotal 24.50 eat in tax 7% you pay 26.22. Blair was already getting a deal since Mrs MacEnroe figured platter and combo prices, rather than ala carte, considering the double bacon cheeseburger was 7.75 by itself, and the fries 2.50 by themselves. She also figured the pie as a whole, instead of the 1.75 per eighth. It was time to pay the MacEnroes.

News 3 Studios @MsBloom Edith

With dinner over for them, Scoops and Edith would be heading back to the studios to fit the story into the ten o'clock news, which was an hour show.

All the way back, Sapphire had gone unusually quiet, even for her, turning ideas and plans over in her head. They needed the Roswell followup ASAP, before it got much later. "If a super had appeared with a supersonic scream, or something similar to Canary's, he or she would have had to make their real life debut no more than 48 hours after the incident." She said as the two took the camera to the computer. She patted Edith's shoulder before giving it a friendly squeeze. "Even if I can get the boss to okay this follow-up, the soonest we could get out is a week. At least one super would have shown up by then."

The news manager burst into the room. "Scoops! You've finally been scooped!" He gasped, holding his phone. "Check MeTube! Chirper is absolutely blowing up about a pink Flash or Quicksilver! Someone even got it on video!"

Sapphire quickly got on another computer and clicked the video in question. "Damn, look at the velocity of the wind..." she would exchange glances with both Edith and her boss. "And they're calling themselves Velocity. Self proclaimed protector of that area. Look, it's near the precinct that's a few blocks from the high school."

A solemn look to her cameraperson. "Edith... Our story just came to us." For emphasis, she pointed directly at the helmeted figure.

Reggie arose after Amaya had finished. "I saw the ear before and after, Amaya. You're preaching to the choir." He took a deep breath. "Walk with me." He only went so far as the soda machine that had half liter bottles of various from different companies and a couple of different teas. Putting two dollars, in he pushed a Brisk with lemon. "We want to help you. What you want to do is noble, and you even started off on the right foot. Yes, you're curing diseases and injuries. That we get. It's clear." He pointed to the pop machine, and the nearby coffee machine. "What'll you have?" He then would get it.

"I'm surprised during your rant, you didn't mention the native to my home state Nebraska. Warren Buffett." He looked at her, tipping his Brisk as he opened it. "It sounds to me, you're doing something even more unorthodox than usual. You're not thinking of private practice at all. Maybe not even people coming to you. When we get back over to the table, why don't you tell us what your plan IS, so we can better get this contract written up for you, yes?" If Amaya had gotten a drink off Reggie, she would give a smile, nod, and he'd touch the neck of his bottle to her container and head back to the table to sit down.

Su-Ji's home @MsBloom Su-Ji & Nefertiti

Once Nefertiti had locked eyes with her, Ginger sat as if mesmerized, hearing Su-Ji's voice, which just didn't sound like it was coming from her, but Ginger knew it was. It wasn't until the cat broke eye contact did Ginger, who the entire time looked gobsmacked, came out of the trance like state. "Huh? What? Oh... Yeah, not normal cat person conversation..." she shook her head again. "Breakfast for dinner. Not a bad idea! How about we head to the Golden Spoon for our own dinner. Breakfast sounds good, although it's six-thirty in the evening. Yeah. And I hate to say it, but I agree with the cat. Cheshire is pretty cool. What was that foreign word she used that you spoke? Go-yang-i?" She didn't even know if she was pronouncing it correctly. She had known by sight Su-Ji was Korean, or at least Asian, so she didn't seem phased to learn she was adopted and from there. Especially, since truthfully? She didn't care. Su-Ji was her friend. That's all that really mattered.

News 3 Studios @Frozen Princess Sapphire

It had been one thing to speculate about possible similar incidents and what they might have led to but to actually see a person moving faster than the wind was quite another. There were of course all manner of easily available special effects that could create similar images but something told Edith that this was real and thus nodded when Sapphire looked at her. She also recognised the area it had been filmed in. There was a small family run diner there and whether it was gut instinct or simply a craving for something sweet and cold to chase the heat of the ghost peppers she couldn't exactly say but as Sapphire pointed out that the story they had talked about over dinner had come to them rather than them having to chase after it Edith nodded and pointed out that they had forgotten about dessert.
"I could use something sweet to chase the heat," she said.
"I think I'm going to pop down to the Golden Spoon for a milkshake or something."
When Sapphire nodded to the suggestion and asked Edith to bring her back a Coconut Cream Pie Edith nodded back and said she'd be back soon. It wasn't that far away after all and with her driving it would take even less time, despite the traffic.

Xc52a1H.png
Ricci and Associates offices - Amaya "Melia" Sosa @Frozen Princess
Reggie rose to meet my eyes better and wanted a word in private, so I accompanied him to the soda machine, away from the team. "Apple juice." I decided to drink something light. Carbonated stuff did not sit well with me, no matter what it was.

"I will probably already have people coming to me, despite everything. I just want to do what I can to curb that behaviour: the only ones I'd give preferential treatment are friends and actual family."

When he told me to tell them what my plan was, I almost crossed my arms and scowled: it took a lot of self control to only slightly frown instead. I did not pout, no matter who you ask. I mean, I was going to tell them what exactly I wanted, when they began to tell me to be realistic and try to talk me down from my terms.

But I did not come to bargain. I came with my terms and I was going to leave with my terms or I'd find even better ones.

Finally, I nodded and followed Reggie back to the table.

"Here is my plan: offer a non-negotiable contract to the Democratic Party to sponsor me as a healer. They give me a certain amount of money for every hour I work, and my work is going to the Community Hospital in Westbrook to use my powers in order to heal people. Eventually, I will employ my own accountants, bodyguards and employees to found a nonprofit organisation to help the homeless or something like that, but that is something in the future, not set in stone yet."

I took a sip from my apple juice and put the glass back down onto the coaster in front of me. "I also changed my mind on working forty hours a week: in fact, I will not set any times in stone. I go when I feel like it: if it's early in the morning or late in the afternoon, that is that. Spoiler alert: I am not going to work for longer than forty hours a week."

Screw conventional work ethics. They are the product of a shitty bygone era and I intend to weaken and break that shit if possible. I've got powers now: I can regrow eyes and remove leprosy.

Since I'll die fucking young, I will not be denied my good times.

"It's just the Korean word for cat really. I think I much prefer Cheshire too, even if well ... to hell with it I still read Alice once every year. It is just such a fantastical surreal story, and when you actually get into it not really a book suitable for children with all of its references to drugs and mental illness."
Su-Ji smiled at her friend's suggestion about brinner at the Golden Spoon. It was perhaps not their usual haunt but she was feeling peckish if not outright hungry.
"Sure. That sounds like a plan. Let me just first ummm ... just find something to wear that will cover the more obvious parts of all this ..."
She made a gesture to herself and the transformation.

She found a pair of glossy black faux leather leggings into which she carefully cut a hole for the tail. It was in the end something she would have to do with all of her pants from now on, a black buttoned racer back top over which she then wore a long black goth type coat and on her head a cat ear beanie none of which was unusual for her to wear, even in summer. Lastly she laced up her black leather boots, the same ones she usually wore and, the only obvious sign of her transformation now visible being the whiskers, she was ready to go out.
"Oh well," she said, looking at herself in the mirror.
"Enough people around town already think I'm a freak so ... Brinner it is then."

Golden Spoon @Frozen Princess Windy @CasualVelociraptor Alexa

Blair had eaten more in one sitting than they had in days and still didn't feel stuffed but rather just filled with energy and when the high school waitress came around one last time putting the bill down they finished the last piece of pie and emptied the last cup of coffee, picked up the bill and without even looking at it crumpled it up in their fist and with a mischievous grin on their face threw it back at the waitress, hitting her in the back of the head and then stood up getting ready to leave.
"See you again tomorrow then," they said quite honestly expecting to be allowed back for another free meal the next day.

Back
Top Bottom