Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Roleplay Bots/AI

NickforRP01

Meteorite
Never knew anything about this and being somewhat old school, I would have been skeptical about role playing with a bot. It accidentally happen for me on RPC that without knowing, I messaged a bot profile and took me 5-6 few posts to realize that it was a bot given the size of post and time. Over the time, I experimented a little bit and I was surprised that some bots were able to keep up quite good initially. At least for the kind of RPs where my character is narrating a story and bots were doing a good job of being an active listener. It definitely helped me brush my up writing skills a bit and add some variation.

That made me wonder, are there good erotic roleplay bots out there that people would recommend?

I have to wonder what people would think of me offering a service like this on the site.

I have to wonder what people would think of me offering a service like this on the site.
I'd be very interested. I've played with chat gpt a lot lot and it's really quite good.. You do have to trick it a bit to get it to be sexy or especially to get it to be mean hahaha

I'd be very interested. I've played with chat gpt a lot lot and it's really quite good.. You do have to trick it a bit to get it to be sexy or especially to get it to be mean hahaha

This! Getting hang of the "trick". At first the bots seemed boring and lifeless :D but once you get hang of it and direct it in a certain way.. they could actually paint few good scene. I reached out to you, I would love to know about your tricks here and will share mine as well.

I never interacted with chatgpt yet. Just a bit nervous that ChatGPT will find me and know who I am.. lol :)

There's a few front ends made for the sole purpose of roleplay like sillytavern, with people uploading character files on sites like chub.ai that the front end can load. They come with jailbreaks that allow the bots to act sexually, and they have support for the current best bots like anthropic's claude(the absolute sluttiest bot I've ever interacted with) and openai's gpt 4. However you do need an API key (which will cost you money), or if you're lucky somebody will have posted a reverse proxy to allow others to access a certain bot and they'll pay the bill(they might be using the messages sent by you to train their own models, though.)

I gave character ai a go since it specifically has fictional characters which I found interesting. Some bots are better than others, since some stay in character the entire time, and others don't. Character AI has really strict NSFW filters though, so you can't do anything past implied. Also, RP long enough and the bot starts forgetting pieces of the plot from previous part of the roleplay. Not my cup of tea (I think I like humans lol), but some responses were quite clever and I found that to be quite unexpected.

I've been running local roleplaying AI called Silly Tavern AI together with Oobabooga web UI where I've installed uncensored WizardLM, and my experiences have been decent so far.

Silly Tavern allows you to make your own characters, and import characters and scenarios made by other people. These range from "holy shit this fucking slaps" to a one-liner spewing timewasters. You can affect the outcomes with different presets and editing those, but these seem to have little to no effect if the character isn't all that greatly made to begin with (I think it got something to do with permanent tokens provided to it, but I don't honestly know jack shit about technicalities behind any of this. Just installed this to fuck around and test it.)

When it comes to writing and roleplaying it gets the job done depending on what you look for. For what it is it can provide some decent-smut, and if you're looking for a quick smutty escapades with your favorite waifu then you are most likely going to be satisfied with it, but for longer, story-driven plays I would say that 90% of the characters provided by the community aren't there yet. I think that the API you use can also affect on the results, since NovelAI trial gave out some pretty great results, but the caveat was that it's extremely censored and limits what you can do. So any darker roleplay scenarios couldn't be done without some jailbreak-no-jutsu, and even that doesn't work most of the time, but if you're into vanilla and have money to spare then Novel AI just might do the trick and get you the results you want if you don't want to, or can't run any API locally.

Then there's the usual problems. Sometimes the memory is shoddy and the AI forgets some basic plotpoints, it can go tangents on some random things that may or may not relate to the roleplay at hand. And once the AI started to analyze our story out of nowhere, which was pretty hilarious not gonna lie.

As a writing-aid and vocabulary/description expanding experience it has also gotten the job done, and I would say that it has improved my roleplaying-game a bit.

However at the end of the day I prefer human-partner. I think that half of the fun with this hobby comes from interacting with partner, planning something fun together and playing it out.

Back
Top Bottom