Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Cirice (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

PoisonousIvee

Cluster
He dragged his feet through the pouring rain, his breath rattling in his chest as he held the bleeding wound under his ribs. He was quickly losing the strength to keep going and he was starting to come to terms with his death. Maybe if he just lied down and let it happen, he would go peacefully enough. He knelt at some stone steps and laid against them, shutting his eyes for a moment before looking up. There, contrasted against the gloom of the darkened night, was a crucifix, and he couldn't help but laugh. How ironic, to die as a man of sin at the foot of a house of God. The massive wooden doors opened behind him and he felt hands grasp him with a firm gentleness.
"Rest easy, my son. We'll help you." The quivering voice of a man well in his twilight years spoke to him tenderly as he was hauled up and helped into the church. He shut his eyes again, waiting to see the infamous White Light, but it never came. It wouldn't come for him, not yet. Not now.

Ike was getting ready for Service, having been sent to this church not long after he was accepted into the priesthood. It was a relatively new church in a new area far from where he started, and the bishop sent him here for his best interest. God Protects, he had been told, He will keep you safe from harm there. Who was Ike to argue? He made sure everything was ready and perfect before the doors opened to allow people in for Worship. He was glad for the long coverings of his robes; how would people react if they saw their new Father was covered in tattoos?

The high collar hugged his neck and itched, but if he felt it was his penance, then it was pocket change. He cleared his throat and walked the pews, smiling to himself.

Soon people began to flood in, gentle hymnals playing on the organ on the stage, many excited to meet their new Father and worship with him.

They seemed to really like that, having a priest who genuinely cared for them. Wanted to know them. There was a young woman close to his age who sat in the very back of the church, and she certainly wasn't dressed for service. She was dressed in a knee length pencil skirt and a tight button up blouse, black wrist gloves on her hands as she played idly with her crucifix. It was like she came from an old pin up magazine.

He kept his thoughts on business, as it were. He tried to come over and talk to her, to smile and ask her how she was doing.

When he approached, she met his gentle blue eyes with stunning green ones of her own, before she smiled kindly and turned her body to show he had her undivided attention. "Good morning, Father." She greeted gently.

She hummed and gave a nod, "It's been a long time since I've attended service, I'm sad to admit. Fell off the path a little, the church I used to attend is too far for me now, so I'm happy to see this one is much closer."

"Bryn. It is lovely to meet you, Father. Please forgive me for saying so, but you are remarkably handsome." She said, smiling back.

He grinned slightly. “Thank you, Bryn.. you’re a beautiful young woman.” He said, gently patting her hand.

"Oh, well thank you so much." She smiled more, "Don't let me keep you, I appreciate the introduction."

When Mass began, everyone listened to his lesson like children happy to obey. It was almost too easy to get these people to listen to him, it gave him a faint but familiar rush of power. Especially that Bryn girl.

It was nice, living peacefully like this, helping people instead of hurting them. He saw Bryn every Sunday and he had the pleasure of giving her spiritual counsel when she needed it.

He tried to keep his distance, tried to keep everything separate. He couldn’t take advantage of his flock.

It was time for Confession and he sat in the booth as he listened to the various sins. It was close to the end when the door opened and someone sat down. It was Bryn.
"Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It's been...far too long since my last Confession..."

"Thank you. I have such a long and terrible list, I feel like that the time I've spent at home sincerely praying for forgiveness has left me feeling heavy." She said.

"I have committed the sin of lust on several occasions. In these times, where people grow more accepting, I feel as though acting on such indulgence wouldn't be so bad. For my own safety, I request protection before giving myself to a man, when I know the Good Lord would demand I not. I have committed the sin of gluttony and I have consumed more than just a typical glass of wine a night." She confessed, "I...have thought impurely of a man...and instead of channeling that desire into a way to serve God...I indulged sinfully.."

Back
Top Bottom