Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shinobigami: Modern Kunoichi Battle

Okawari

Moon
shin.png

Most people think the shinobi are relics of the past. Faded into the ashes of history like the samurai, the hoplite, the gladiator. Gone and done.

They couldn't be further from the truth.

In the shadows of modern-day Japan six ninja clans fight an unending cold war for power, prestige, orbidden knowledge, and sometimes for themselves. Using mystic techniques honed through generations they battle not only against each other, but against ancient curses, vengeful ghosts, and demonic yokai.

Come and join us in the shadows.

THE PITCH
Hi folks! I'm Okawari, and I want to GM a modern ninja game. The game, inspired by the tabletop RPG of the same name and media like Naruto and similar anime.

My goals for this game would be to create a world of intrigue and action with an even helping of smut. Characters will be charged with missions and work together with their allies and rivals to complete them while secretly advancing their own goals. There'll also be plenty of opportunity for slice of life and other drama outside the battlefield depending on how much the group wants to play into that aspect. But on the whole this would be more a 'directed' game, instead of the players finding their own fun, etc.

Accordingly, I am only looking for a small amount of people. 4 would be a good number. I am also looking ideally for female characters (not necessarily players, though). When it comes to the sexier portion I think that's something that should be discussed as a group, but in regards to kinks common things you can expect are: group play, exhibitionism, dub-con, corruption, mind break, rough sex, and otherwise mostly vanilla shenanigans.

THE SETTING

Shinobigami is set in a version of modern-day Japan, one where mysterious and powerful ninja clans rule from the shadows. For the most part, normal people are entirely unaware of the existence of "real" ninja, and at the very least would never guess that they are fighting in an unending cold war around them. There are six core clans in Shinobigami, and each clan has a goal that is instilled in all the members of the clan.

THE CLANS
  • The Hasuba Ninja Army are a clan of scientists, engineers and technicians. They aim to learn the ultimate powers of the other ninja clans in order to replicate these abilities through science, and bring about a better era for mankind.
  • Kurama Shin Clan are elite ninja warriors, soldiers, guards and spies who focus on physical and martial abilities. They have one purpose: To prevent the resurrection of the mysterious Shinobigami.
  • Lost Ones are not a clan but rather unorganized individual ninja who left other clans, or are descended from runaway ninjas. While they are not necessarily hunted down, they do try to stay out of the business of others. If they fight at all, they fight for their own reasons. To blend into society and avoid the machinations of the ninja cold war, they have mastered arts of stealth, concealment and disguise.
  • Otogi Private Academy is the most elite school system in all of Japan… which brainwashes its students into becoming a powerful ninja army for the new generation. They specialize in study, tactics and strategy, and have survived by keeping their ear to the ground: Their goal is to learn the secrets of the other ninja they encounter.
  • The Hirasaka Agency form the backbone of Japan: Government workers and agents of the Shinto religion. While they excel in schemes and manipulation, their sole goal is to protect the material and spiritual interests of Japan.
  • Bloodline of Oni include strange members indeed: Sorcerers, spirits, vampires and the cursed. While they are not necessarily evil as a group, they are certainly the masters of the dark magics ninjas are famous for, from Illusion to Possession to even Necromancy. Their goal is to bring about the rise of the Shinobigami, the god of the ninja.

More to come if there's interest!

Back
Top Bottom