Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Favorite Music For Writing

So when you are writing/replying to RPs/concentraiting on something creative
what is your favorite song/playlist/genre of music do you like to listen to??

I personally tend to enjoy things like this

I try to pick songs with fast BPMS! It keeps me focused for long replies. I’ll have to try this song out tho <3

I try to pick songs with fast BPMS! It keeps me focused for long replies. I’ll have to try this song out tho <3
Sometimes depending on what sort of thing I am currently writing I definitely will see out something with fast BPMS to listen to......as long as the rhythm has a pleasing flow, and the emotions/feelings behind it matches what I am trying to infuse into what I am writing.
The people who make the music for the game is honestly phenomenal to me.....aside from this game I literally never get/care about the soundtracks from games.....this game though.....it just tends to blow me away.
If you decided you like that particular song I could send you a few others that I would recommend giving a listen

Honestly it depends on what I'm writing.

I think Ska fits all my genres in some way or shape.

But then again, I do like lo-fi beats kind of playlists.

What do you think about Centuries Fall Out Boy? I liked to listen it while I do roleplay. but is it a good song to write?

Sometimes, it depends on what I'm writing. For example, a scene set in a loud club may call for some club music to get the right vibe in my head. More generally, however, I have a few specially curated playlists on spotify that I can put on for good background noise while I write!

None; silence.

I give props to those who can write with music. It seems like it would be more productive and fun! I have tried several different kinds of genres I like, but I always find it negatively impacting me.

I get distracted when the song changes, I find music influencing my mood that might not totally match up with the scene (or only part of it), or if there are lyrics, I have a really hard to writing while hearing words in the background. I've caught myself mindlessly half writing lyrics in a post, haha.

I just copy my reply on the similar thread that was posted here with few edits and corrections:

Some genres that I do listen while I write include black metal (usually atmospheric, post/avant-garde or blackgaze-variety), ambient/dark-ambient, drone, trip-hop, retro-electronic stuff (synthwave, vaporwave, future-funk, dark-synth etc.), shoegaze, jazz/jazz-esque music, doom/death-doom metal or post-rock/metal + OSTs for anime and games every once in a while. Basically any sort of atmospheric music is fine by me even outside of these genres. I also prefer something that is either instrumental, or vocals are something that enhance the atmosphere and sort of blend into the instrumentals like with black metal and shoegaze.

Don't really have any specific playlist or songs since I like to listen to the albums and EPs as a whole most of the time. Also don't really have any specific artist, band or record I prefer to listen while writing over the others. It's basically mood-dependent and sometimes I even try out new bands while writing.

Since I'm currently trying to write some replies this is what is playing on the background right now:

None; silence.

I give props to those who can write with music. It seems like it would be more productive and fun! I have tried several different kinds of genres I like, but I always find it negatively impacting me.

I get distracted when the song changes, I find music influencing my mood that might not totally match up with the scene (or only part of it), or if there are lyrics, I have a really hard to writing while hearing words in the background. I've caught myself mindlessly half writing lyrics in a post, haha.
I get that, a lot of times music helps me, as long as there are no lyrics

Different music get me to different places. I definitely like having music on, but I don't need it to write or create.

anything that's gentle enough for me to concentrate that i actually enjoy listening to; so mainly post-punk, dark-wave, synth-wave, (all the waves), whatever the hell HIM/VV is because i've had both on repeat all day, a good chunk of Sleep Token's discography. i love metal and all of its funky little subgenres to death but i just can't keep my focus on writing when i have super heavy music on 😅

For me nothing beats Nujabes when it comes to writing! His music gives me the perfect focus I need and fits any type of RP

I've taken recently using something like techno, high beat and few lyrics to help me get thinking for replies while I work/commute.

But more of than not when I'm actually writing I end up in silence or just some video in the background. I need to focus on English, and tapping my foot along to a beat so often distracts me.

it really depends on the mood, but usually cofeeshop chillout or then neopsych rock

I literally have three different playlists on Spotify labeled for writing. the genres vary from alt to country etc.

I get the most writing done when I'm listening to instrumental music - I can't really handle lyrics when I'm trying to write.

A lot of the music I listen to you can find on the Epic Mondays Music Extensions YT channel, although this is far from an exclusive source for what I enjoy listening to.

Back
Top Bottom