Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

NBx Any Looking to write a fantasy adventure with a specific character!

Hello everyone!

I've had a character stuck in my head for a few years now that I'd really love to write, and I haven't managed to find anyone to write them against. I thought I'd try my luck with them here! I'm looking to write a long-form adventure in a fantasy world.

The general concept of the setting (any details other than the ones I name can be hashed out by us together, but it would be great if we could maintain these basic ideas) is a high fantasy world in which dragons used to wander free until humans invented weapons that could break through their hides and began to hunt them down for their scales, claws, and teeth. The remaining dragons went into hiding, most of them holing up in mountain caves or underwater, and a minority of them burying their hoards and taking on human forms to hide in plain sight. In this world, dragons have a human intelligence and can use some magic that is tied to their draconic nature, such as elemental breath or changing forms.

My character is one of these dragons, who disguised themself as a traveling bard and began hoarding stories and songs instead. They travel around the land, finding muses to tag along with on adventures and write songs about. I am hoping that you can write a character who they can tag along with for an adventure; any sort of adventure will do, and we can either figure it together or you can toss an idea my way if you'd prefer!

Character Information:
Faidaelyth the Red (Fai for short) is relatively young for a dragon, new to adulthood and working to navigate their way through a world that views them as worth more alive than dead. They are clever and talkative, with an air of grandeur and a tendency for flamboyant displays of greeting. Their dragon form is recognizable by their glistening, bright red scales, six wings, and impressive fire breath, and their human form sports a head of curly red hair as well. In their human form, they are short, with a slender form, freckles covering their face and body, and a round, cherubic face that belies their capability for getting in trouble. They travel with a lyre, a crossbow, and a bag of treasure that they replenish every time they reach one of their hidden caches.

Fai took the form of a human after they returned to their lair after a hunt to find their family slaughtered and most of their family's hoard stolen. Though they managed to take revenge on the people who killed their family, they found themself lost and unsure what to do. Because of this, they decided to bury their hoard and pretend to be human, so that they could find a purpose once more. This purpose made itself known to them when they stumbled across a traveling bard. They begged her to teach them music and she complied, and Fai took up the mantle of storytelling after several years training under her. Finally, they split off from her to make their own path, and have been bouncing between muses ever since.

General Info + Guidelines:
DISCLAIMER: When it comes to romance/smut in a roleplay, I am not looking for either of them to be the center. I'm alright with either of them happening, but I want attention and care given to the plot we come up with. For smut especially, a hard rule is that the characters must get to know each other first, and it should be used sparingly (like vanilla extract). I'm not a big smut writer, but I know that many people like to have elements of it in their RP, so I'm willing to discuss it to figure things out with a potential partner.

Pertinent info: I'm in Pacific time, but I don't mind differing time zones as long as you're alright if our schedules don't line up. I also prefer to do OOC chat on Discord, since I get more notifications for that and can be more prompt in responding, but that's not a necessity.

Expectations (for you and for me):
  • POV and tense: I write exclusively in 3rd person prose when roleplaying, and I would prefer someone who does the same. Past vs. present tense is negotiable, but I'm used to past tense, so I apologize in advance if I slip into it on accident.
  • Length: I am not overly concerned about length; usually my own varies depending on the wants of my partners and the pacing of a given scene. For quicker scenes and dialogue-heavy ones, I prefer the range of 1-2 paragraphs, but openers/slower scenes can stretch for much longer posts. My main request is that each post gives the other person enough to respond to, and doesn't take over the narrative entirely unless it has been agreed upon beforehand.
  • Frequency: I'm not a stickler for frequency since life happens and writing is tougher some days than others. I try to do at least a few posts a week, but this frequency changes based on how busy I am, the average post length, and how many other roleplays I have going on. While I try for the ideal of "one post per day", there will be days where I just can't reply, and if we do long enough posts or life gets busy, it'll probably end up being more like a handful of posts per week. If something comes up for me and I go radio silent for longer than 3 days, feel free to poke me; sometimes I forget to say something, so it helps to have a reminder from time to time (this is why Discord is a lifesaver for me!). If you go a week without saying something, I'll probably message you. A month without saying something, I'll assume you've ghosted unless you say something beforehand. On that subject...
  • Ghosting: If you want to drop the RP, I would prefer you say something, but ghosting isn't the end of the world. Sometimes people just forget, and that's fine. If you come back after months wanting to pick it up, I'd probably be willing unless I completely lost interest in the story or characters (or if I'm too busy at that moment).
  • Grammar and Spelling: Please double-check your posts for typos and other such issues, but I'm not really bothered by occasional typos or points of confusion (that's what the edit button's for, after all!). However, I would like posts to be coherent and readable, and not be completely littered with misspellings and confusing wordings. I don't require writing samples, but if you would like to exchange them, please let me know.
  • Communication: I tend to prefer using Discord for OOC chat (not for roleplay), but I am also fine with doing OOC chat in PMs onsite as well! Just keep in mind that I am much slower with OOC responses on here, since the mobile version of the site doesn't really like my phone, so I usually have to be on a computer to do my replies. I prefer using PMs for roleplay as well, but I am also okay with doing it on a forum (but ONLY for completely smut-free roleplays!). Additionally, OOC chat is relatively important for me; I like to be able to gush about characters and plotlines together, and it helps me remain invested in the roleplay.
  • Other Guidelines: I write a lot of LGBT+ characters, so please be LGBT+ friendly. I would prefer that no main characters are homophobic, transphobic, etc. I am also uncomfortable with behaviors which fetish LGBT+ identities, so please be respectful. It would also be good to discuss possible triggering content that might come up and set boundaries for both of us. Additionally, I don't require faceclaims or picture references, a written description is fine. I don't write explicit smut unless we've been writing together for some time (flirting, innuendos, foreplay, and fade to black are all fine in the right context), and if I write it, I only do so in PMs. Last but not least, of course, following all site rules is a given.

No-Go:
  • I don't mind violence, but I would prefer to avoid excessive descriptions of gory injuries, or any strong horror/terror elements.
  • I don't write grimdark; when I write, even if we're tackling darker themes, I prefer for there to be a strong undercurrent of optimism. RP is an escape for me, so I'd like for things to turn out well in the end.
  • No godmodding, and no taking over my character or dictating what they would say or do. If there's a power system involved in the world, we should discuss it beforehand or when possible issues come up. I'm fine with some pretty broken powers, but they would preferably be talked about.
  • No non-con "on screen"; it's okay if it's in a character backstory or alluded to happening "off screen", but I'm not willing to write it out. Dubious consent needs to be talked about and agreed upon before it happens. Some dub-con is less dubious than others.
  • Heavy depictions of mental illness. Again, it's okay as part of a backstory, but I don't have the emotional energy for it to be a big part of the narrative. As with above, no romanticizing.
  • No cannibalism (vampires drinking blood are fine, but I'm very squicked out by humanoids eating other humanoids), no incest, no necrophilia (meaning non-sentient undead or corpses), no pregnancy, no kinks involving bodily waste, no ageplay or pedophilia, no domestic or physical abuse between main characters, nothing against site rules. If something comes up that I didn't think of here, I'll let you know. I would like for you to do the same.
  • Genres I don't write: horror/terror, thriller, mystery, historical

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom