Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Alir's Wrath [Degu x SlightlyTwisted]

Degusaurusrex

Supernova
ddl7riv-d48649f3-1d14-4131-bb0a-7dfc97668276.jpg

December 11th​

Enough was enough.

She'd been there for years under lock and key, being beaten and broken and pulled back from the brink of death over and over. How they'd even found her was a mystery to the girl, she hadn't made a big name for herself or lived smack dab in the middle of a crowded city full of people who could spy on her. No, she'd lived away from the city for most of her life before her untimely capture, keeping to herself when her family had disappeared and surviving on what she could grow or work for doing tasks for neighbors. It wasn't a luxurious life and often she'd been left with an empty stomach and a chill the worn walls couldn't keep out, but it had been her life and she was angry so much of it had been stolen from her.

When they'd first stormed through her front door and thrown a bag over her head, she thought they had been after what she could do, that they wanted her to perform magic and summon creatures for them to command. When the majority of the bumpy ride was spent in silent with a bag over her head and her hands cuffed behind her back, she'd started to wonder if they were military or private contractors, because who else would yank her unceremoniously out of her home and not even explain anything for the hours it took to get where they were going?

Anaya stared at the blank walls of her room, if one could call it that, and watched the rotation of the camera in the top corner before heaving a sigh. They called it a room because she had a bed in it, but the thing was ancient and worn enough that there was almost an imprint the distinct size of her in the mattress. They called it that because they'd installed a pitiful excuse for a shower in the bathroom, allowing them to come in and force her to wash without ever leaving the room she'd been locked inside or so long. All of her meals and showers were taken inside the room, and the only time they took her out anymore was when they wanted to run tests they couldn't wheel into what was really a prison for her.

They'd taken away everything she could have used to do magic, to summon something, anything to help her escape this place. They'd wanted answers she both didn't have or refused to give them, and no amount of poking and prodding with needles or injuries had turned her towards aiding them. Like hell she was going to help them when they were keeping her locked up 'for the protection of the people.' She'd never been dangerous, never used her abilities to hurt people, but her outlook on using magic for violence had changed after the first few months of crying and pleading to be released.

Either she was going to find a way to summon something to get her out of here, or she was going to die there, alone in that room and without ever seeing what the world looked like again.

If she was going to die here, it was going to be going down fighting.

Nothing in the room offered a way for her to cut herself and spill the blood necessary for a summoning. She had enough scars from the creative ways she'd injured herself in the past to use magic and try to escape, and when she'd resorted to trying to bite her tongue to offer some blood they'd threatened to cut it from her mouth, effectively ending that desperate attempt once and for all.

This was going to hurt. This was really going to hurt.

She sighed and sat on the edge of the tiny bed, then drew her sweatpants clad legs up to her chin and tucked her arms between them and her chest with an over exaggerated huff. She only needed for them to think that she was pouting or plotting again, so long as they stayed out of the room there was little chance of them coming to interrupt. She'd been prepared for the pain of sinking her teeth into her own flesh, but she hadn't expected it to be this bad, or this hard. She didn't have the teeth of a wild beast, sharp and long and able to tear through flesh easily, she had her blunt human teeth that she was grinding and pulling at the underside of her arm with while tears pricked at her eyes.

By the time she felt the blood running down her arm she was almost ready to give up, her body jolting and then shaking with laughter as she realized she'd finally succeeded in drawing enough blood for one quick spell if she didn't waste time.

"I offer my soul to thee who frees me from this place." Her fingers were slipping through the blood dribbling down her arm as she tried to trace the symbols on flesh without unfolding entirely from her balled up position, but when she heard nothing from outside of the room she uncurled enough to glance in the direction of the camera and utter a brief sentence to freeze it in its position just a couple feet to the side. All she needed was long enough to summon a creature she could barter with, someone who would take what was left of her soul in order to leave this place far, far behind.

"I offer my blood, my soul, everything that I am to leave this hell behind. Hear my words and answer my call."

As Alir awoke that day he felt relaxed and eager to enjoy one of the few days of rest that he was fortunate enough to have. He had a home of his own, and while it was nothing extravagant it gave him a sense of calm that he couldn't find anywhere else. Outside of his home life was volatile, relationships often based on deception, and order seemed to be a meaningless notion. At least here he knew how his day would start and end, he knew he could trust himself, and he was especially excited to know that he had a particularly decadent breakfast waiting for him on the table downstairs. All in all, he was expecting the day to provide the respite that he needed to stay sane in his ever volatile world.

He yawned as he slowly slipped out of bed, pulling on a black robe just in case he needed to be dressed for something, but he really didn't foresee any scenario where that might be an issue. He made his way downstairs, with the cool stone of the staircase reassuring him that all is as it should be. He couldn't help but grin as he saw the meal that awaited him at his table, consisting largely of desserts which, while not very healthy, were sure as hell tasty. He had just taken a seat at his table, thinking that nothing could possibly ruin this moment for him, when something did ruin it, and ruin it in a very permanent way.

One moment Alir had been sitting at his dining table, and the next it felt as if his entire body had been ripped apart before being reassembled, which each atom of his being being shoved back into place by a particularly angry god. For all he knew that was exactly what had happened, but as his vision went from a blinding white light to a more normal mixture of shapes and shades he realized that he was no longer inside of his home.

Nothing in the room, if it could even be called a room, looked familiar to him. and as he caught sight of Anaya for the first time the realization of what had just happened started to set in rather quickly for Alir, though he wished it hadn't. "No. Fucking. WAY! Please tell me you didn't just summon me here. PLEASE tell me that you didn't just interrupt me on my day off, of all days, to whatever this is." He took another quick look around the room, clearly furious, before turning his attention back towards Anaya. Unfortunately for Alir most of his anger was offset by the fact that he was wearing nothing but a robe, but at the moment there was nothing he could do about that.

It looked like he was going to continue his tirade, but just as he opened his mouth to speak again he got his first real look at Anaya and promptly closed it. He could see the blood dripping down her arm, making a small pool on the floor beneath her, and even though she was still mostly curled up, he could see that she was clearly not in good shape. His anger, which had originally started as a raging, yet mostly harmless inferno, quickly transformed into something more subdued, yet infinitely more dangerous. "Oh. So you actually need my help with something? What's your name?" He still didn't know exactly what was happening, but it didn't take a mind reader to know that the woman before him now had been mistreated in some way.

What this a joke?

Anaya lifted her head at the sudden change in the atmosphere inside the room and caught sight of what she'd summoned. If he hadn't come with pointed ears and unnaturally yellow eyes that were angrily looking over her, she would have thought it was a mere human inside her cell, but the man that stood before her had too much power rolling off of him to be a simple human.

And he felt furious, magic and fury rolling off of him in heavy waves that might have made her retreat had she not been so desperate. Slowly her legs uncurled before they hung over the side of the bed, her uninjured arm wiping across her mouth to clear some of the blood from her vicious attack on herself. The action broadly displayed the bruises and old scars decorating a thin arm that jutted out from the sleeve of a too big shirt, and her legs were shaky as she forced herself to her feet to stare at the demon with wide eyes.

She'd done it. She'd actually bloody done it. Something bigger and clearly stronger than an imp, something that had the potential to take her away from this place even if she had to lose her soul to do so. An eternity in hell would be worth it if she could just get out of this hell for now. She needed to choose her words carefully, to create a deal that would offer something to the both of them, but she didn't have the time or the strength to offer an eloquently worded one.

"My name is Anaya." She stumbled slightly before regaining her balance, glancing at the camera she'd frozen in place and knowing that at any moment they would notice something was amiss and come to check on her. "I need... I need to escape this place. You can have my soul, my servitude, whatever you want." The desperation was written clearly on her face as she approached the demon that towered over her, reaching out and grabbing a handful of his robe to pull him partially down to her level.

"Just get me out of here."

Normally Alir might have been annoyed by the fact that Anaya was staring at him, and he would have been even more annoyed that she seemed to be surprised to see him. She had summoned him on purpose after all, at least he hoped so, so why would she be surprised to see him? The thought that he might have somehow been summoned by a novice summoner was humiliating and... He quickly derailed that train of thought as quickly as he could, calling on what little patience he had at the moment to do so. Anaya clearly needed his help, and he didn't want to make matters worse for her by directing his anger towards her.

He watched as she slowly approached him, keeping his gaze level and impassive for the most part, but there was a hint of empathy there as well. Then he heard her plea, and he couldn't keep the excitement from his eyes as he understood what she wanted from him, especially as she pulled him down towards her, showing that she had some fight left in her, even after everything he imagined she had been through. "Well Anaya, it looks like today is your lucky day. We can discuss what it is I want after we're out of here, but first I need to know one thing. I'm going to assume that there will be people trying to stop you from leaving wherever it is that we are. I'm also going to assume that you didn't summon me here to make friends with these people. I need to know how much you want me to hurt them." A dangerous edge had crept into the demon's voice, like a razor sharp blade which was equally capable of hurting the person wielding it, and those it was directed at.

"I don't know where we are. I haven't seen the outside world in years." The fact that the demon was willing to aid her at all was a huge relief, one that showed as she released his robe and stepped back to look down at her injured arm with a grimace. The fact that the wound was jagged and rough from the blunt force of her teeth meant that it was going to add more scars to her already rather large collection, and it was going to be a bitch to clean up when she had the time to do that later. She could probably tear part of her shirt to do it with later, since it wasn't like she had a huge collection of clothes to pack up in a bag and take with her. That could be dealt with later, the only thing she cared about now was getting out of there, although she did turn and snatch the bedsheet off the mattress, bundling it up and tucking it under her arm before turning back to the demon.

"You have my permission to do whatever you wish with them. These people don't deserve to be called human." At the very least the bundled up sheet could be useful for bits of fabric to tend to her wound with, or something to wrap herself in or cover up with at night depending what time of year it currently was. The telltale sign of people approaching sounded from outside of the sturdy door keeping her confined from the rest of the facility and its other occupants, and moments later it swung open and she heard the rapping of a baton against the metal.

"Now Anaya, you know you can't mess with the cameras unless you want to get punished again, haven't you learned---Who the hell is this?" She froze in place at the sight of the man standing there in a stiff black uniform wielding a baton, her entire body going rigid as she faltered and stepped back to move herself behind the demon she'd summoned with her blood. "Who are you? How did you get in here?"

"Kill them all, demon."

The more Alir learned about Anaya's situation, the more he could feel his anger continuing to grow, and he was extremely pleased when she gave him permission to do whatever he wanted. He didn't exactly need her permission to do that, but it did help make things even more exciting for the demon. "All right. Let's see if we can't find our way out of here then, and wreak as much havoc as we can on the way out."

It didn't take long at all for a way out of the room to present itself, as a single unfortunate guard decided to enter the room with Alir and Anaya. Alir eyed the man with a bemused look, crossing his arms over his chest as he questioned him, before shrugging his shoulders when he was done. "Sorry. Normally I would answer all of your questions with a long winded explanation, but she's calling the shots right now." He gestured over his shoulder at Anaya before pointing at the man's baton. "I'm not too certain what that is, but I feel as if you should have brought a better weapon. Maybe something like this." Alir made a fist with one of his hands before unraveling it and gesturing towards the guard.

It wasn't really apparent what was happening at first, but Anaya would be able to feel the magic in the room surging, until finally it reached its peak as the baton in the guard's hand shattered as if it was made of glass, creating a cloud of tiny projectiles which surged towards the man's chest before he had time to react. He let out a barely audible gasp which soon turned into a scream as they plunged into his chest, seemingly encountering no resistance as they shredded their way straight into the man's heart, killing him in a particularly gory display as his body fell face first onto the ground. Alir then made another motion with his hand, holding his index and middle finger together and drawing a circle with them, which caused the projectiles to then hover in the air beside him.

The ground was now covered in the guard's blood, and his scream seemed to have attracted more attention as the sound of boots pounding against the floor could be heard nearby. "Say what you will about him, but at least we know he wasn't heartless." Alir laughed at his own twisted joke before stepping forward, making sure that Anaya was close behind him as he helped guide her out of the cell, and into what appeared to be a long, narrow hallway. They were greeted by the sight of three more guards, this time carrying guns, who seemed surprised to see both Alir and Anaya. That surprise gave Alir the edge he needed to quickly dispatch the guards, as he made another quick motion with his hand, almost as if he were flicking a marble in the guards' direction. This caused the angry swarm of projectiles to shoot down the hallway, decapitating all three of the guards before they could even fire a round in their direction. Fortunately the same things that would kill a demon seemed to kill humans, and Alir was quite glad that he wouldn't need to get a crash course in anatomy that day.

There was only one direction for them to go, forward down the hall at the end of which waited a door with a keypad. As they made their way past the three bodies Alir gestured down at them with a grin. "I've heard of giving head before, but that seems a bit generous to me." Apparently the demon had a knack for jokes that would probably be better left unsaid.

It wasn't long before they reached the door, and Alir appeared to be quite confused by the keypad as he pointed at it. "So what's the deal with this? Are keys not a thing in this dimension?"

The demon talked a lot, didn't he? She had expected a more silent brooding type when he appeared so much larger than her, but he was just as talkative as some of the imps she'd dealt with before, and she wasn't sure how to feel about it. It didn't help that she didn't have time to figure out how she felt about it, because everything was happening so fast and they needed to move now.

Anaya watched what he was doing in utter fascination, she'd never dealt with a bigger demon like him before and she wasn't sure what to expect. The way he moved his hands in ways that seemed so natural to him was astounding, and the ebb of magic that suddenly burst into existence caught both her and the other human off guard when his baton was decimated and turned against him.

It was a fitting end, albeit an unexpected one, and she could feel her face twitching as her lips curled up into a smile at the sight of him gasping for air through the remains of his dying body. The twitching limbs and blood pooling around his body as it spasmed through the death throes was a sight to behold, a very welcome sight after the years of torture she'd endured at their hands, and she had no qualms about the bloodshed that had yet to come.

A quiet snort was Anaya's only response to the joke uttered by the demon, but she did come out from behind the safety his body had offered to peer at the oncoming situation. The combination of them noticing her cameras were messed with and the dying screams of the initial guard had attracted more of them, their boots were pounding down the hall and orders were ringing out in a way she was all too familiar with hearing.

It wasn't long before she found herself ducking behind the demon again as the men came into view, clutching at the sheet she'd taken and trying to ignore the pain in her arm from the air on her open wounds. It stung, but they didn't have time to be dealing with stinging pain or cleaning up blood when there was more to be spilled. The sight of the guns pointed in their direction was enough to make her flinch and curse as she prepared for more pain out of habit than anything, but it never came and instead she was greeted to panicked screams abruptly cut off by sickening squelching and thudding as heads hit the floor.

You have got to be kidding me.

Why was this demon using cheesy human jokes as he killed? Anaya managed to stop herself from making any snippy comments and simply followed him down the line, stepping around the pools of flesh and blood that had once been living things, but not before she stopped to spit on one of them before continuing. They deserved a lot more than a glare and some saliva on their corpses, but she didn't have time for more than that right now.

"Everything here is locked down by biometrics." She huffed and turned back to look at the corpses wearily. "You need, ah, one of their fingerprints. We could drag one of their bodies down here and do it that way, or you could just.. Uh, remove... The finger?" She wiggled her pointer finger hesitantly. "That one."

Alir may have been from vastly different world than the one he was currently in, but if there was one thing he knew it was how to fight, no matter where it was that he found himself. He noticed the way that Anaya defiled one of the corpses, but he made no comment and instead stayed focused on the task at hand, or as he would soon discover, the task at finger. He noticed her hesitation and seemed a bit surprised by it, but nodded all the same as he directed the flying shards over to one of the guard's corpses. Surprisingly removing a finger was significantly more difficult than what he had done up to that point, and the first finger he attempted to remove ended up a bloody unusable pulp as Alir swore profusely. "Good thing he's got a second hand..." His second attempt went slightly better, and while the finger was also shredded to some extent, it appeared to be usable.

Alir walked over and picked the finger up off the ground, waving it at Anaya with a grin before moving over to the door again. "I'll have to speak with whoever designed this system. Don't they know that some psycho could just waltz in, remove a finger, and..." Alir's comment was cut off as he pressed the finger against the scanner, causing the door to slide open with a hiss and reveal a single guard waiting behind the door, armed with a rifle that was aimed right at them. A few things happened simultaneously then. The guard pulled the trigger on his rifle as Alir used his one hand to direct the shards towards him, while using his other hand to shove Anaya behind him. The bullet from the rifle struck Alir in the abdomen and continued on through his body and out his back, barely missing Anaya as it did. The shards tore into the man, burrowing straight into his neck and severing his carotid artery, causing him to collapse to the floor in a matter of seconds as he quickly bled out.

"FUCK!" With the guard no longer a threat Alir now leaned against the wall, clutching his stomach where the bullet had impacted as blood began to pull on the floor beneath him. It felt as if someone had stuck a scalding hot knife inside of him, and he knew that he needed to do something, or he was likely going to bleed out. "Well... This sucks." While Alir might have been skilled in combat, he was much less skilled when it came to keeping people from dying.

A normal person might have been repulsed by the amount of blood caused by the demon attempting to remove the finger, and even by the act itself, but she had seen and endured enough to simply watch impatiently as he tried to remove the digit with those shards. If she'd had some sort of blade on her she would have done it herself and saved the struggle he was clearly having, reducing the first finger to a useless pulp of blood and stringy muscle hanging onto bone before he turned his attention to the corpse's other hand.

"Hurry up!" She echoed his cursing and looked around nervously, just waiting for a barrage of men to storm through and launch a retaliation on them in order to quarantine her again. The chances of them outright killing her after keeping her prisoner for so long were rather slim, but she'd prefer death over being captured again, and now that the chance of freedom was so close she wasn't giving up without a fight. "Hurry.. Oh, thank god." She heaved a visible sigh of relief when he only shredded the second finger some and retrieved it nonchalantly, giving her that grin she was growing to realize was a common trait she'd likely see a lot in the future, if she survived this.

Right, some psycho. Not you, of course.

She kept her thoughts to herself, too on edge to be jovial as she waited to see if the scanned finger would actually open the door or if that particular man hadn't been granted access. When it reacted to open the door she relaxed just a bit and went to step forward, only for several things to happen before she could comprehend just how completely and utterly fucked they were at that instant.

Anaya shrieked as the demon suddenly shoved her behind him as the sound of a shot rang out, and everything went completely blank for a moment as she registered what had happened when the bullet went flying through the demon's back just inches from her face to clatter somewhere distant on the floor. The sound of gurgling was coming from the guard who had shot, laying in a heap down the hall as she peeked around Alir to see what fate had fallen him. He was already in the throes of death, limbs twitching and occasionally giving a larger jolt as his nervous system caught up to the fact that the body was dying and consciousness was fading quickly from its host.

"You've got to be kidding me. You're a demon, can't you just... Heal yourself?" She hadn't gone through all the trouble of maiming herself to summon a demon just to have him die on her less than five minutes after she started her escape. "It went through so it's not tearing up your insides, at least..." How different were demons from humans, though? He looked close enough to a human but that didn't mean a damn thing, and she cursed as she approached and tried to assess the damage.

"What do you need? My blood, or something? Do we just apply pressure?" It wasn't like she had an excess of clothes to use to sop up the blood, and the only thing he was wearing was the robe, but she also couldn't afford to let him bleed out before she'd even escaped from this place. "Fuck!" She wasn't happy about having to strip down in front of someone again, but her shirt was over her head and leaving her in a basic sports bra as she bundled it up and held it out towards him. "Let me see the damage, if we need to put pressure on it then we need to do it now and figure something out so we can move. There's going to be more of them."

Back
Top Bottom