Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Winter Fun [ DarknessEmbraced666 x Cynic ]

Cynic

Planetoid
It was another cold Winter day and Ulrik was getting bundled up to go out into the cold. It was always cold where he lived... And every Winter it snowed heavily. His family was lucky enough to have a pond in their backyard that froze nicely every winter... Perfect for ice skating. Of course... The nineteen year old boy had no idea how to ice skate. His sister, on the other hand, loved ice skating and she'd always try to get him into it but he never could go more than a few seconds before falling. He wasn't nearly as graceful as she was.

He and his sister had an interesting relationship... They always got along and rarely fought, unlike normal siblings. Even as small children they played well together. Of course, Ulrik could have a short fuse at times, especially when she tried to get him to ice skate, but after losing his temper he would always apologize and make up with his sister shortly afterwards. He couldn't stay mad at her... He loved her. Maybe a little too much.

The thin, dark haired boy finished dressing himself for the cold and stepped out into the crisp air, taking in a deep breath of the freezing air. "Ah..." He sighed, exhaling the breath of fresh air. He had been busy with school all week, and this was the first time he had actually gotten to take a break and step outside.

Janet enjoyed the winter with how crisp and cold it felt outside after it snowed and how cozy and warm it was inside when she returned inside after being out in the snow for hours. The sixteen year old girl had always adored winter weather, often sitting in her favorite window seat and watching snow fall before going outside to play in it. She found that she could always be as childish as she wanted when playing in the snow and no one would ever scold her and tell her to act her age. Though she didn't look her age.

People often told her that she looked like she was thirteen or fourteen, or at least with her facial features she did but she had the body of a young woman. That day she was awake before her brother and she had dressed in one of her favorite winter dresses with her red and white striped stockings. After she was dressed, she grabbed her ice skates and rushed outside without waking her brother.

When he finally woke up and came outside, she was down at the pond doing figure eights while humming. She was so good at it that she could do it with her eyes closed and that was what she was doing. She was skating with her eyes closed and she was humming to herself.

Ulrik made his way to the backyard and a smile crossed his face as he saw his younger sister skating on the pond. As a result of his busy schedule, he hadn't been able to spend much time with her for days now, so it was nice to be able to have the whole weekend free to be with her. He would much rather spend time hanging out and doing things with her than he would with is friends.

He walked toward the pond, his footsteps making that refreshing crunching sound each time they sunk into the snow. Once he was close enough, he bent over to scoop up a handful of snow and work it into a ball. "Hey sis!" He smirked before tossing the snowball toward her. He purposely threw it to the left of her, intending to miss her. He didn't want to make her fall down, after all.

Janet heard her brother call to her and she turned slightly, her body leaning to the side a littla and she opened her eyes just in time to see a snowball flying towards her and it threw her off her concentration and she stumbles a little since she was leaning to the side while turning. After a moment of stumbling, she finally manages to catch her balance so she wouldn't fall back on her rear. "Ulrik! That's not funny." she calls to him. "You shouldn't do that when I'm skating."

"Sorry sis." He said, frowning slightly. "Come on off of the ice... We haven't really seen each other for a week... I wanna spend some time with my little sister." He said, his frown turning into a smile. He half expected her to tell him to get on the ice with her... But then again, she knew how he disliked ice skating, and how he could never get a hold on the talent.

"How long have you been out here?" He asked her, figuring she had been out for at least a couple hours. She'd usually stay out in the cold hours on end and would only ever come in if he asked her to. "Maybe we should go inside and warm up some?"

She reached down and fixed her stockings before smiling gently and she started skating a little while smiling up at him. "How about I just stay here on the ice and you stand there on the edge and we talk?" she asks with a soft giggle. "I can stay close to the edge of the ice." Janet knew that her brother didn't like coming out onto the ice and she was in a good mood so she wasn't going to irritate him by asking him to join her.

"Hmm, I've been out her for about.... an two hours working on my salchow jump." she said to him. Janet had been receiving skating lessons for the past four years and she was told that she had the talent to become a professional skater. She considered what he said about heading inside. She was getting cold. "Will you make me hot chocolate?"

He smirked at her suggestion but shook his head. "I'll pass on that idea. Watching you skating for a couple hours would make me dizzy." He chuckled. He loved to watch her skate... She was so graceful and limber... It was almost entrancing when he watched her. But he didn't really want her to know that... Beside, inside they could be free from their heavy winter clothes... And they could hug and... Do other things. Ulrik shook his head and rubbed his eyes a bit. How could he think those kinds of thoughts about his sister?

"Oh... Yes, of course." He answered with a smile, finally coming out of his daydream moment. "How are you coming along on that?" He asked her, referring to her talk of working on some sort of jump. Of course, he didn't know a thing about it, despite how much his sister tried to talk to him about ice skating. It just wasn't his thing... So he never paid much attention. But despite that, he was supportive of her talent and tried to show a bit of an interest in it. "Why don't you show me before we go inside?" He smiled.

She laughed softly and grinned at him as she stopped moving again. "Very well." she said while laughing. Janet moved closer to the edge of the ice while listening to her brother speak and she clapped slightly when he said that he would make her hot coco. "Yay." she said before giggling. "Oh, it's coming along quite nicely. Still have to work on the landing though. It's a bit wobbly. I'm getting there though."

When he asked her to show him, her eyes just lit up and she looked so excited. "Really? You want to see it?" she asked before nodding. "Sure. I'd be glad to show you." Janet smiled at her brother once more before skating away from him towards the middle of the pond. Upon reaching the spot, she stopped while turning to face her brother. Taking a deep breath, she pushed off and began skating towards him before pushing off and doing the jump. She did it perfectly but when she did the landing, it seemed to go smoothly but then something on the ice caused her to stumble and fall down hard on her knees. When she landed, the crack of her knees hitting the ice and her cry of pain seemed to echoe around them and she bent over, bowing her head as she held her knee.

He shook his head and smiled at her reaction to him saying he would make her hot chocolate. The way she smiled... The way she giggled... The way she did anything, was just cute. And it made Ulrik think things about her... That a normal brother wouldn't think about his own sister. He always told himself it was wrong but he couldn't help who he fell in love with... And he always wondered if she returned his feelings. What would she ever say if he told her?

He grinned as her eyes lit up, so excited that he wanted to watch her new skating move. He stepped back from the ice and watched her as she skated off into the middle of the pond. He watched in awe as she performed the move; her grace was amazing. Soon his awe turned into terror as he watched her trip and slam down hard on her knees. "Janet!" He yelled out to her before running onto the ice, not even thinking. It wasn't long until he fell onto his butt, sliding slowly toward his sister.

He blushed a bit, not that it was very noticeable in the cold, at his clumsiness while he was trying to be the heroic older brother. "Are you alright little sis?" He asked her, now that he had slid next to her.

Janet heard her brothers yell but she couldn't tear her attention away from the excrutiating pain in her knee. The first thing that had run through her mind after she fell was how bad it hurt the second thing was that the fall could possibly ruin her knee and she'd never be able to skate again. She could feel some blood seap through her thigh high stocking and she removed one hand from her knee to see some of the blood on her palm. When she heard her brother fall on the ice, she looked up in concern as tears continued to fall down her cheeks. At the moment she couldn't bring herself to giggle or anything which is what she would of normally done.

Once he reached her side, she looked up at him and shook her head with a soft sob. "I-it hurts." she said before sniffling. When ever she got hurt, Janet always seemed to go from the playful teen girl that she was to a little girl that wanted to be held.

"It's ok sis... You'll be fine." He smiled, trying to be reassuring. He put an arm under her legs and one around her back before pulling her up into his lap and hugging her gently. "Just need to figure out how to get off this ice and get you inside..." He couldn't help but let out a small, nervous 'heh' at his statement... He couldn't just stand up and walk her off of the ice... He would only slip again.

He decided to press his gloved hands against the ice and use the push, sliding him along his butt with her in his lap. After a few moments he was finally close enough to some snow that he could stand up on without slipping and falling down. "Alright, here we go. Wrap your arms around my neck." He told her before slowly, and awkwardly, making his way to his feet with her in his arms. It was not as if she was heavy... But he was in a bit of an awkward position and it's a little difficult to stand up and lift anything at the same time. Especially in the snow.

[ Sorry for taking so long. D: Night class... x_x; ]

(It's alright. I'm not angry.)

She felt him pulled her towards him and into his lap. The movement of her legs shifting made her sob and she cuddled close to him as he held her. As he spoke about getting her off the ice and inside, Janet looked around while wiping her eyes. She knew how akward he was just talking about getting on the ice so she understood that he wasn't exactly in his element.

As he slid them over the ice towards the snow, she gasped and gripped his shirt tightly in her hands. This was something that she wasn't used to. The girl prefered to be on her feet while moving across the ice. She was also worried about her brother hurting himself while moving them. She knew all too well how sharp the ice of the lake could be and she didn't want him to hurt himself. But once they reached the edge of the lake, Janet looked up at him and nodded slightlywhen he told her to wrap her arms around his neck. Lifting her long arms, she wrapped the gently around his neck and gasped when he started standing up. "Be careful Ulrik." she whispered. "I don't want you getting hurt."

[ That's good. ^^; For the record, I have a night class on Tuesdays and Thursdays that I leave for at about 5 PM (EST) and I get back home at 9:30 PM or earlier. ]

"Don't worry about me, Janet. I'll be fine." He was already walking toward their house with her gripped tightly in his arms. He kissed her forehead softly and smiled down at her as he continued to walk. "Almost there." He told her. "Once we're inside I'll take care of your knees and make you some nice hot chocolate. Sound good?" He told her, trying to cheer her up.

It was only a couple more seconds before they were at the doorstep to their house. He reached his arm out from under only slightly, enough to grip the doorknob to turn it and then push the door open. He kicked it to close it before walking into their living room and gently letting Janet down onto the couch. "Now you try to get out of those warm clothes while I go get some bandaids and ointment for your knees." He told her, before beginning to strip his own heavy winter shell off. After he finished he made his way into the bathroom, now clad in only a tshirt and jeans.

Janet softly sniffles as he carries her through the snow towards the house. Their parents often went away to a warmer climate for the winter now that they were both old enough to watch themselves. She smiled gently as he carried her towards the house and she nodded slightly. "Yeah, it sounds nice." she replied softly. "Thank you Ulrik. You always take such good care of me." She tightened her arms around his neck a little and kissed him on the cheek, but the kiss was a little too close to the corner of his mouth.

Janet would of reached out and opened the door for him but when she opened her mouth to volunteer, he was already pushing the door open and she smiled at him before the warmth of the house washed over her. She smiled and laid her head down on his shoulder with a soft sigh. When he placed her on the couch, she removed her arms from around his neck and placed her hands on the couch as he lowered her onto it. "I'll do my best." she said softly and watched him leave the room.

The first thing she did was remove her skates and she set them aside, making sure they were out of the way so no one would cut themself on the blades. Once that was done, she slowly removed the red heavy cape that went with her dress and she set it aside before removing her over dress after a little squirming and struggling. Finally she had it off and she tossed them both onto the chair across from the couch so she was sitting there in a lighter soft white cotton skirt and a matching white sweater. Reaching down, she lifted her skirt rather high up her legs and she began rolling down her thigh high red and white striped stockings.

While he was in the bathroom gathering supplies for her knees, he thought about the way she had kissed his cheek, almost on the lips. It made him nervous and excited at the same time. He wondered if it was on purpose or just an innocent accident... He knew it must have been an accident. There was no way she could like him the same way he liked her. He sighed at the thought.

He gathered up a couple of bandages, some cotton balls, a bottle of peroxide, and a tube of triple antibiotic before leaving the bathroom and returning to his sister. "Time to get you fixed up now." He smiled before kneeling down in front of her. First, he uncapped the peroxide and poured a bit onto a cotton ball. "This will sting a little bit..." He warned her before wiping away the blood on her knees with the cotton ball.

After giving her a bit of time to recover from the stinging sensation and letting the peroxide clean, he pat her knees dry with a dry cotton ball. Next, he opened the bandages and spread a bit of triple antibiotic on each before gently pressing them on each knee, one at a time. "There we go!" He smiled at her before gathering his things and standing up. He made a quick trip to the bathroom to put the rest up and throw the trash away and then returned to her. "I'm sure they'll be sore for a while... So it'll probably be a good idea to stay off of them until they feel better."

She was sitting in silent while waiting for her brother to return to her, leaning over to gaze down at her bruised and cut up knees with a soft sigh. They still throbbed alot with pain and it made her wince. Hearing her brother returning, she sat up and lowered her skirt just before he entered the room again, smiling up at him as he knelt infront of her. Sometimes he really did make her feel like a little girl but the sixteen year old didn't really mind.

She watched in relative silence as he began cleaning her knees and when the cold peroxide touched her sore skin, she jerked back a little with a soft hiss but became still again as the stinging feeling began to wear off bit by bit until it didn't sting any more. She softly sighed when he patted her knees dry before placing bandages onto her knees.

As he left the room to put things away, she gingerly touched her bandaged knees with her finger tips before sighing again. Janet gazed up at him as he re-entered the room and she nodded in agreement. "I'll have to stay off the ice for a while as well. With how bruised they are, it'll be hard enough to just walk without trying to skate and work on my jumps." she said before looking up at him with a smile. "Thank you Ulrik for helping me and taking care of my knees."

He smiled back at her and nodded. "Of course, you're welcome." He took a seat down beside her on the unoccupied part of the couch and sighed softly. It wasn't long before he hopped back up, however.

"Oh yeah! I forgot the hot chocolate. I'll be right back." He told her before hurrying off into the kitchen. He pulled out two mugs and set them on the counter before going to the refrigerator and pulling out the carton of milk and the bottle of chocolate syrup. No powder and water for their hot chocolate. He couldn't understand why anyone would drink that sort.

He poured some milk into each mug and then some chocolate syrup into each before stirring them both up with a spoon. After putting the mugs into the microwave, he put away the supplies and grabbed a bag of mini marshmallows out of the pantry. He took the drinks out of the microwave and dropped a few marshmallows into each and took a sip out of one. "Ah... Perfect."

He brought the mugs out and handed it to her before taking the seat he had before. "There we go... Some nice hot chocolate on a cold winter's day." He smiled and took another sip.

Janet watching in surprise as he brother sprang up from where he was sitting only moments after he had sat down and she chuckled gently when he announced that he had forgotten the hot chocolate before rushing off. She shook her head in amusement before slowly and carefully standing up with a soft groan. Limping around the coffee table in front of her, she grabbed her skates and carried them over to the closet where the small covers for the blades were stored and she put them on before hanging up the skates and she returned to the living room to move her dress and stockings aside.

By the time the hot chocolate was done, she was sitting down once more with her legs curled up beneath her as she relaxed on the couch. When he entered, she looked up at him and happily took her mug of hot coco. "The only thing missing is the roaring fire." she said with a giggle. She took a sip of her drink and snuggled down into the couch with a happy sigh.

"Ahh... Yes." He agreed with her before taking another sip from his mug. "Too bad I'm far too lazy to get a fire started." He smirked a little and leaned back in the couch. He leaned his head back and looked up at the ceiling, thinking to himself as he held his mug in his lap. Such a perfect day... Just being able to spend it with his sister... Being able to care for her and tend to her wounds. Of course, he hated that she was hurt, but it felt nice being able to help her.

Though... It wasn't for long until his mind wandered off onto less innocent thoughts about his sister... He was a boy with his needs... And she was a very pretty girl whom he was in love with.

[ Sorry for the lame post. Not sure where to go from here. ]

(It's okay. This'll probably be my last post for now. I'm getting really tired all osf a sudden and I want to take a nap.)

Janet giggled and shook her head before taking another sip of her drink before setting it down on the coffee table. She looks up at her big brother as he sat with his head laid back like that before scooting closer to him carefully so not to hurt herself again. Once she was close to him, Janet cuddled close to his side and laid er head down on his chest with a sigh. "I don't know what I'd do without you big brother. I'm so happy that I have you with me Ulrik."

She reached over and took one of her brothers hand into her own before holding his hand against her chest, just laying there against his side while holding his hand in hers. "I love you Ulrik and I always will"

He sighed contently when she cuddled close to his side and laid her head on his chest. He wrapped an arm around her and hugged her close to his side. He nuzzled the top of her head and kissed it softly. Showing affection like this was normal for the two and it always made Ulrik happy although he knew it wasn't anything more than sibling love.

His heart skipped a bit, however, by her words and the way she took his hand and put it on her chest. He was caught in the moment now and there was no turning back. "I love you too Janet..." He moved his arm out from behind her and placed it on her cheek and moved his face close to hers before finally pressing his lips against hers, bringing the two into a passionate kiss. His adrenaline was pumping now and he had no idea what he was doing.

Janet felt he wrap his arm around her and she snuggled even closer to him with a sigh, softly gripping his hand a little firmer. The girl relaxed some more when he nuzzled the top of her hand and kissed it. Ulrik always knew how to cheer her up and make her feel better, even when she's already happy.

Hearing him tell her that he loved her too made her feel wonderful. She gazed lovingly up at him until he removed his arm from around her and she became confused. "Ulrik? What..." Her words were cut off by him pressing his lips against hers. Janets eyes widened as she released his hand and placed hers against his chest, pushing him back away from her. "U-Ulrik, what are you doing?" she whispered to him, confusion etched into her gentle features.

"I..." His face turned a deep red and he let go of her, turning away. The moment was gone and he was back to his senses now... And he was terrified by what he had just done. Well, it was time to come clean. "I've loved you as... More than just a sister. For a long time. I know it's wrong. But I can't help who I fall in love with." He sighed before standing up. "I know... I'm a horrible older brother."

Half of him wanted to walk away but the other half was morbidly curious about how she would respond... And the latter half was making him stay there, his back turned to her.

She sat there, her cheeks red from embarassment and confusion from the kiss. She felt a little hurt when he released her and stood up, bowing her head while gently biting her bottom lip. Janet listened silently as her brother spoke of his love for her and for some reason it made her heart skip a beat before beating faster. It was then that she realized that she had really liked the kiss. His lips had felt so warm and soft against her own and as she thought about it, it made her cheeks turn a darker red.

Slowly, Janet stood up with a soft sound of pain as her knees screamed in protest of her standing again and she moved up behind Ulrik. Taking a deep breath, she slowly wrapped her arms around him and she leaned against his back to try and take some of the weight off of her legs. "You're not a horrible brother." she whispered in his ear.

His face turned red again as he felt her wrap her arms around him and lean against him. "I-I'm not?" He asked her, before turning around toward her and hugging her gently. It took him a few seconds to register the fact in his head that she was standing, on her bad knees.

"Janet! You shouldn't be standing up..." He said before letting go of her but grabbing her hand and pulling her toward the couch as he took a seat again. "Sit down with me?" He asked her, forcing a nervous smile.

Back
Top Bottom