Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space (Reboot) - Breeding, Swapping, Age Gaps (Starting Soon)

LeaT

Supernova
This is a fresh start to a recycled idea from several years ago, all new characters, essentially starting from scratch.

netflix-lost-in-space-hero.jpg

If you are wondering if I am talking about the 1960's TV show, the Netflix reboot, or the 1998 movie, the answer is YES! And No, because you don't have to be intimately familiar with any of them to follow my version of this tale. (They are all a knock off of Swiss Family Robinson but you don't need to know that either.) Basically the story is about a family on a spaceship headed to a new colony of humans near Alpha Centauri but they get lost. But in our version, I'd like to see 3 families if we can get enough players, though we might just have to double up to make it work.

Premise: Instead of joining a larger, genetically diverse colony it is just the 3 families that have to settle on some isolated planet. We can play out some of the trials and tribulations but I want to focus largely on the idea that their impromptu colony will die out in several generations due to a lack of genetic diversity. UNLESS, they carefully breed all the females among all the males in such a way as...blah blah blah lots of science stuff. In essence, wives will have to mate with other husbands or sons of other family groups. Husbands will have to mate with other wives or daughters of other family groups. (Obviously sons and daughters need to be 16 or over.) There would also be some consensus that the older women would more likely conceive if paired with younger men and vice versa especially if that is a kink that we want to explore.

Possible incest (depends on players) but step parents/siblings are certainly allowed.
All characters are human
We do NOT need to fill all slots to get started, just enough to make it interesting and leave a few spots for late comers.

Each family group has their own Jupiter space craft, kind of a space faring RV, but they are essentially out of fuel and stuck on the planet so it basically their home and all are clustered within driving distance of each other.
So that's my idea, I'd love to hear some input from potential players!

Last edited:
Great to hear such interest from both new and returning players.
Color me interested again.
Me too ...
Oh wow. You all are doing a reboot from scratch.
Nice to hear from all of you. My thought is that this will be more appealing to new players if we start from scratch.

I might be interested if there's room.
We haven't started yet so there is definitely room.

Ah this looks interesting :3
I hope so.

Everyone feel free to suggest character ideas and other comments. I would like to see a bit more interest before committing to an OOC and character thread.

The setting will be the not so distant future, mid to late 21st century. We will basically start as recently stranded colonists who unexpectedly find themselves on an uninhabited (?) planet. Ideally 3 or so family groups. Feel free to play multiple players, but ideally no more than one per family group. Try to mix it up between parents/spouses and children/siblings (15+ per site rules).

I wouldn't mind taking on a patriach sort of role for one character again.
I also wouldn't mind playing half of a young couple, maybe they were swingers or something similar before the accident. I'm also open to suggestions or filling in a desired role for my third, male or female.

I wouldn't mind taking on a patriach sort of role for one character again.
I also wouldn't mind playing half of a young couple, maybe they were swingers or something similar before the accident. I'm also open to suggestions or filling in a desired role for my third, male or female.
So you are looking for a mature spouse and a separate younger spouse? Are you thinking the younger male is a son or sin-in-law to another family or would they be on their own?

And a free agent? Always good to have someone you can slide into an interesting spot!

For the older character a similarly aged spouse would make sense, but I'm also not opposed to a winter/spring pairing, younger step mom sort of thing.

For the younger male, he could be a son in law, or totally unrelated to my first character to do some spreading out. I think one problem last time was me having 3 related men as characters.

I would definitely suggest having him in another family, but ideally a son or SiL but ultimately up to you. One of my kinks here is the awkwardness of the situation, so I will avoid being a 'swinger' type, but I think having a couple that is a bit too into it might be fun!

These are the two new character's I have come up with.

Name: Abeba Nyong'o
Height: 174 cm
Build: Athletic
Profession: Engineering Student.
Orientation: Bisexual

Name: Caitlin Drake
Height: 171 cm
Build: Slim
Profession: Biology Student
Orientation: Lesbian

I'm thinking they might be in a relationship with each other and that way we can avoid one of the families being African if that turns out to be an issue, Abeba was simply spending the night with her girlfriend when the crash happened.

I would also like to reserve the option to repeat the role as Joan (possibly John) Robinson.

I can probably post my two more flesh out characters later this evening. What might be a target age for the younger male?

Site rules are 15 or older, but whatever is your comfort level. We can always tweak them if potential partners have limits of their own.

Yeah, I just figured there's a difference betwe 30's and 20's, so I wanted to see if there were any desires in that regard.

Yeah, I just figured there's a difference betwe 30's and 20's, so I wanted to see if there were any desires in that regard.
I think you should play who/what you want. Only speaking for myself, I enjoy age gaps so I tend to gravitate towards the lower end and the upper end of fertility. Of course males tend to be able to reproduce at a later age than females, but we can always tweak the science to make it work.

Hey I'm interested in joining again!
Great, nice to see you. Just keep in mind we are not picking up where we left off.

We should try to find a balance of sorts between adults and teenagers. to make the pairing easier. I am currently pondering an older male, perhaps someone's grandfather or something.
Agreed. I am pondering having the pairings be more freeform this time around. It is less work to coordinate and I think it leaves us more flexible as people go quiet or ghost completely which inevitably happens with groups. It also makes for more opportunistic scenarios that approach Dub-con if people are into that.

We also need to somehow coordinate family names (there will after all just be three families)
I feel like first come first serve for family p/matriarchs, so let's keep seeing character ideas and we can start to build around them.

@MsBloom would you like to make a Character Thread for the reboot and link it here? I would hold off on OOC until we get more committed characters. We have a lot of interest but I'd like to see more characters before we move this discussion to an OOC chat.

If it’s to be a little more free form, does it make sense to have a dice roll or something to determine if a pairing takes? There are a couple I’ve found.

If it’s to be a little more free form, does it make sense to have a dice roll or something to determine if a pairing takes? There are a couple I’ve found.
What would be the narrative explanation for this random pairing?

My goal in keeping it more freeform is that we don't always keep everyone who signs up so I was looking for a way to let active people write with other active people and those that want a slower pace can have options as well. For me it is just writing logistics and convenience, hidden in the narrative as opportunistic encounters between characters.

Whether random dice roll or organized chart, if the writer of the character you are paired with ghosts, it leaves you fewer options for writing without having to reorganize the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom