Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fx Male Between the Pages | F Seeking M Characters (All Roleplayer Genders Welcome) | Last Updated 14/Apr/2024

romancerper

Planetoid
Between the Pages
Currently Looking For: 1 - 2 partners* with preference for the "Favorite Plots" and "Characters" sections listed below.
*With the exception of past partners. If we used to roleplay and you want to roleplay again, hit me up. Most likely, I'm interested.

about me

Hello. I am a 26-year-old, almost 27-year-old, role-player that enjoys playing main female characters opposite main male characters (which means I am willing to play any gender or sexuality side characters). I go by Romance online, and I've been around a few different role-play places for quite a few years now, including: Omegle, Chatzy, BMR and Tumblr. I'll be honest, I got my start as a sexual role-player on Omegle, but that was before I realized that people are actually willing to write stories with other people. As an avid reader and writer, I was ecstatic. I began looking for partners that were interested in the same things as me: conflict, realistic characters, romance and a damn good story. When I role-play, I am both a writer and a reader, so the story we chose to weave together should be something I'd pull off the shelf of any library or book store to take home with me.

As a partner, I am rather busy.
I'm usually involved in quite a few role-plays at a time, and beyond that, I am juggling the following: a full-time job, a side hustle, hobbies, friends, family and a chronic health condition. Therefore, I can reply...when I can. Sometimes, I don't have the time. Other times, I don't have the muse. And sometimes I have both or neither. I can't promise you'll have a reply every week, but it's not for a lack of trying. Additionally, I do take breaks from roleplaying. These breaks can sometimes be months long and are usually do to my chronic health condition, mental health or both. During these breaks, I may not respond to you. This does not, however, mean I ghosted you. I have yet to leave roleplaying permanently; I always come back, wanting to pick up right where I left off.

Please be understanding of the above. If you aren't, I can't be your partner. I can say, though, that I am trying to be better about communicating during breaks. It's just hard because whenever I come on here during them, I feel immense pressure to reply when I know I can't, for whatever reason.

That being said, please still feel free to give me a gentle nudge every so often.
I do not mind. I just can't promise an answer right away.

When it comes to writing responses, I am literate, write in the third person and past tense and typically provide multi-paragraph responses. Length of responses does depend on the scene. If our two characters are interacting or conversing, there is a chance I will give you something shorter just to allow your character to react to something my character does or says. Regardless of the length of my response, the quality will always be there.

I am not looking for sex-based or short-term roleplays

I have long since deviated from these types of role-plays. They were where I started because I didn't know better. Now, I do.

Sex, for me, is a plot device and is largely driven by our characters. I like it to occur naturally (not be forced into a scene), and it should not occur every other scene. It gets dull real fast. Still, I do understand that there are plots and characters that tend to be more sexual in nature than others.

That being said, I do enjoy sex in my role-plays, and I enjoy it most when it is varied. Sometimes, insertion doesn't happen. Maybe our characters have to be quick about it. Or maybe they're interrupted. Maybe they're tired and just want to get off without insertion. As I said above, sex gets boring really fast if it's always the same steps: kissing, heavy petting, insertion.

expectations

I really only ask to receive what I give.

I am looking for a partner who wants to write a story with me that includes the following elements: character development, conflict, world building, romance. It can be fantasy, slice of life, supernatural, adventure, action, mystery, etc. There are very few genres that I am not willing to at least discuss.

As for writing style, I would prefer if my partner is literate, writes in the third person and past tense, and gives me something to work with in each of their responses. Length is not important to me. Quality is.

I do prefer to roleplay in PMs over threads; however, if you prefer threads, I am certainly open to doing so.

Some absolute no-nos are anything based solely on sex, incest, pedophilia, beastiality (monster sex is different), toilet play, rape/non-con scenes (fade to black and mentioning are fine) and suicide. There are other things that I find triggering, but typically, what happens, is my partner brings something up that I find I don't want in our role-play, and I kindly ask them to leave it out. That goes both ways. If my partner doesn't want something in the role-play that I mentioned, I will gladly leave it out.

Open communication is really important to me. I like to bounce ideas off my partners frequently and sort of geek out over our characters. Chatting about real life isn't a requirement, but if you want to, I don't mind.

I am ghosting friendly because I have and do sometimes ghost due to real life issues that pop up and/or my for my own mental health. I do not always let you know that things are going on, but it is not for lack of trying. I do expect some understanding and kindness on your end when it comes to this issue. I have yet to ghost without coming back and not wanting to continue where I left off, including picking up old some of my old roleplays. Additionally, if you don't have the muse for our old roleplay, I will be more than happy to chat about another one. Nine times out of ten, if I ghost and then come back without reaching out, it doesn't mean I don't want to roleplay with you or pick up where we left off. Please just give me a gentle nudge if you see that I'm back and want to talk about our past roleplay or starting a new one.

The above being said, I will absolutely afford you the same understanding and kindness if you ghost me.

When reaching out, please provide information about you, how you role-play and plot ideas (either your own or based on mine). When I reach out to a potential partner, I spend at least an hour typing something out to them because I like laying all my cards out on the table. I also like giving them some basic ideas based on what I read on their request thread. I don't expect a book, but please give me something other than, "Hi. Down to role-play with me?"

I do not role-play with anyone under the age of 21.

writing samples

Below are some writing samples if you are curious. I tend to write lengthier post more so than not. Additionally, I do have some roleplays in the one-on-one threads, including here and here (this one was a continuation from a roleplay that started in PMs).

"Well...it certainly is the perfect day for it."

Evanthe knew it was her sister's way of trying to cheer her up, but even she sounded unsettled, despite the words she uttered in an attempt to give comfort. Estrella had always been like that, doing her best to see the positive in all situations, and while it was an admirable trait that Evanthe was often grateful for, today, all she could think about was getting through the next moment. Currently, she was sitting at a wooden vanity, clad in only a silk dressing robe and her underthings. Behind her, her lady's maid was tugging a brush through her unruly hair, doing her best to untangle the waves of dark chocolate into something manageable. Every once in a while, the older woman would click her tongue and shake her head before cursing in the ancient language as if she were the one having her scalp ripped off of her skull.

"I think she's in pain, Thalia," Elyanna, the youngest of the three sisters, pointed out, wincing on Evanthe's behalf. She was sitting on the settee placed against the opposite wall of the room, Estrella next to her. They were both clad in pale yellow gowns, each unique in their own right, only matching in color, and they had already endured the suffering one did beneath a lady's maid armed with a brush and a snippy attitude. Their light brown locks were intricately braided and pulled up away from their round faces.

"Well, perhaps if she sat straight..."

Oh, she was not in the mood, but Evanthe corrected her posture, lifting her chin from where it had been supported by her hand and stretching out her back. Thalia made a disapproving noise when her princess shifted in the cushioned seat, crossing her arms over her chest as she finally brought her blue-eyed gaze to the mirror in front of her.

"Try not to look so sullen, Evanthe. Mama and Papa's marriage was arranged, and they were happy." Estrella's reflection gave her elder sister a tentative smile, and Evanthe did her best to return it. Usually, she was good at hiding things from her siblings; whenever things were hard or she was feeling emotional, she did her best to keep it to herself, to not burden others. She was the eldest daughter of King Alistair, and when her mother died giving birth to Elyanna, she became the one to look after her family. Who would do it now, she wondered.

Her sisters were the babies in the family, and Elyanna never knew their mother. Isaac was always off on some adventure, hardly ever writing or returning to land for long, and then there was Alden, who was just as bad as their father. Evanthe didn't know if it was something that eventually happened to all rulers, but both Isaac and the king had a habit of working themselves to exhaustion. One could usually find them in their personal studies, temple resting against the surface of the desk with papers littered about, when they really should have been at dinner or in bed. The only thing that differentiated the two was age and the fact that their father was suffering from long-term illness. Usually, she was the one waking them up and scolding them the whole way to their chambers. She was the one her sisters ran to for comfort and guidance because the royal court was a harsh place to grow up in. She was the one that oversaw the maintenance of the palace and its grounds.

Who would do it now?

"Don't slouch."

"Can I not wear it simply?" Evanthe didn't know where the sudden energy to bite back had come from, but apparently, her patience was running thin. "I do not understand all the fuss." She didn't want this to take so long; a small part of her hoped that she might get some time alone, to breathe and to maybe explore the castle a bit. The place she was to be married in was said to be from before the formation of the ancient empire, and it was magnificent.

Built into the side of a cliff, its columns reaching for the heavens, the structure was massive with several stories full of varying rooms and gardens. One would have to spend a lifetime here to truly know its grounds. Greenery spanned the stone walls while several waterfalls, all originating from a central fountain, spilled out and over the cliffside into a gigantic moat. There was also a library somewhere, full of books, all in different languages from around the world. It was said that any question you had could be answered within those bookshelves, and it was one of the reasons why the Council of Kings met here, in Iboraerith.

Thalia's scoff was what brought the eldest princess back to the present. "I've never met a bride so nonchalant. You're usually much more careful about your appearance, especially when it comes to joining your father for meetings with parliament."

"That's different. I am acting as queen in those meetings," Evanthe huffed, blowing a stray strand of brown hair out of her face.

"And today, you are acting as Orlais' princess and Prince Gareth's bride," her lady's maid said as she began to plait a large section of Evanthe's hair.

There were few times in the young princess' life that she envied Alden, but this was one such time. God and Goddess above, if only she had been born two years earlier and male. It would have saved her from this fate, marrying a man rumored to be a heartless brute and future king of the coldest kingdom in the world. She was certain Alden would have to marry some quiet mouse of a girl, probably of noble or royal blood, and she would be the perfect wife because her husband was king. What choice did she have?

Evanthe was Gareth's mouse.

Suddenly, Estrella got to her feet, rounding the small, antique coffee table. "I hear horses."

"And soldiers!" Elyanna giggled, following her older sister to the window. She gently pushed her to the side, slipping in front of her to peer outside. "Sister!" She turned to look at Evanthe as excited as the bride probably should be, but the knots in her stomach only tightened when she heard the next few words from her sibling's lips. "Prince Gareth's convoy is here."

Thalia was nowhere near done with her hair, and she made her exasperation known with a hushed curse as her princess got up from her chair and moved towards her two sisters. Through the aged glass of the window pane, she could see the procession of horses and carriages crossing the stone bridge, heading straight for the castle's entrance. Everything was silver and black, from the wooden carriages to the decorative ornaments draped across the beastly horses that drew them closer.

"Have you ever seen such large animals?" Estrella questioned, in absolute awe of the size and might of the steeds.

"To whom are you referring to? The men or the horses?" Elyanna giggled once again, not appearing the least bit put-off by the scandalized looks each of the women in the room shot her with. She always had been a bit of a flirt. Their father would have his hands full.

"Which carriage do you think your husband is in?"

Evanthe turned back towards the window, shrugging her shoulders and letting out a sigh. "I wouldn't know." A small part of her was hoping to get a glimpse of him before the wedding; she wasn't foolish enough to think she'd get to meet him, though.

Estrella placed a hand on her eldest sister's shoulder, squeezing it lightly. "Papa did praise him. He said he'd make a good king one day."

But what about a good husband? Evanthe wanted to ask, but knew better than to. Her younger sisters were doing their best to lift her spirits in their own ways, and to ask such a question while knowing they didn't have the answers for her would be too cruel. Instead, she lifted her hand to touch Estrella's, giving her a closed lip smile.

"My lady, I am sorry to interrupt, but we do have a schedule to adhere to." Thalia didn't sound the least bit apologetic, but her princesses forgave her for that. She was getting up in her years now, and the stress of the job was weighing more heavily on her these days. Evanthe also suspected that she might miss her.

So she moved from the window without any arguments, resuming her seat at the vanity and resigning herself to her fate.

It was her wedding day, yet she felt like a sacrificial lamb being prepared for the chopping block.

Sloane always had a thing for fantasy books. As a little girl, she had first been introduced to the concepts of other worlds, creatures and societies by her father. Every night before she went to sleep--with very few exceptions--her father would sit on the edge of her bed, usually in his scrubs because he was either coming from or going to work, and tell her a bedtime story. They were usually episodic, as neither of them could really sit there all night for a full-length plot, but she enjoyed them nonetheless.

As she got older, she started reading young adult fantasy then adult. And to this date, she still found herself grabbing a fantasy book over any other genre. Occasionally, she'd be sucked into a romance or even a thriller, but when she was at the public library and had a limited amount of time to spend there, she'd gravitate towards the fantasy section.

The book she had brought with her to Athena's Greek Restaurant and Bar was well-loved. It was a softcover with worn corners and a spine that showed evidence of how often it had been bent open. The pages were yellow and thin, yet they somehow withstood the test of time. Sloane, out of curiosity, had looked at the page in the front that listed the publishing information, and the novel was older than her parents, so a good fifty to sixty years old. Despite its age, though, the story and writing had managed to suck her in to the point she had difficulty putting it down. She couldn't remember the last time an author had managed to capture her attention this well, and she was thoroughly enjoy it.

That and the fact Leo hadn't texted, called or sent her a summons for a whole week and a half.

Sloane didn't know where her husband was, who he was with or what he was doing, and it was quite literally bliss. The less she had to see him, the better, and while it wasn't unusual for her to not know a thing about Leo or his current business, but to not know a thing for this long? It was like a vacation, and if it weren't for Beavis and Butthead following her everywhere, she would have almost--almost--thought she had stepped back in time, back into her normal, boring civilian life.

She was in the midst of a particularly attention-grabbing chase scene when, her brain registered the sound of a tipsy giggle, but Sloane didn't deem it a threat. Even if it was one, the two Knights she traveled everywhere with would likely intervene, so she only glanced at the leaving couple briefly, her hazel eyes flickering up from the pages before lowering to return to the story she had been engrossed in.

In the moments that came after that, the woman had bumped into her table, and feeling the way the cheaply-made surface leaned towards her, Sloane's gut reaction was to lower her book, her eyes immediately darting from the intoxicated stranger's face to the half-full glass of red wine that nearly toppled over onto the white tablecloth and, well, her. Fortunately, she was wearing all black--black turtleneck, black skirt, black boots--but the thought of being soaked in her drink rather than enjoying the rest of it wasn't exactly a pleasing one.

But the woman had apologized, and Sloane felt like she had meant it. She offered her a small smile, shaking her head, "Not a drop, so please don't worry about it."

She had just finished getting those words out when Thing One showed up, rushing over as if the poor woman had just pulled a gun out of her purse. And while, yes, she appreciated that they were there to keep her safe--being a mafia boss' wife did come with many dangers--Sloane couldn't keep the annoyed expression from crossing her features. Before she could stand and protest the rough handling of the situation, the man the drunken woman was with became furious. Sloane honestly didn't blame him, but the scene that unfolded from there was completely out of her hands. Even if she did try to get involved, Anthony and Vick would have never listened to her. They only ever took orders from Leo, as frustrating as it was.

So all Sloane could do was sit back in her chair and ignore the looks that had been drawn. Letting out a sigh, she lifted her glass and finished off the red liquid inside in one gulp before returning her attention to her story. The moment--the rush that came with being engrossed in such a well-written scene--was gone, so she turned a few pages back and began there, long before the protagonist had even realized someone had been following her. She was only a few paragraphs in when she noticed someone different approach in her periphery. Knowing full well that her Knights had yet to return, she was immediately on guard, and when he slid into the chair opposite hers, she lowered her novel, finger acting as her bookmark as her brow lifted slightly in question.

The guy was extremely attractive; Sloane couldn't deny that. He had a handsome face, and she loved a man with a beard. She was certain she had never seen him here before, though, so that piqued her curiosity. Athena's mostly catered to its regulars, and while you'd have the occasional group of business men grabbing a bite after work or a new, young couple trying the place out, most people came here and came back here for the food.

Despite how nicely dressed this stranger was, he didn't strike her as one of those typical businessmen. If he was one half of a couple...well, she would hope he wouldn't be talking to her. At least, not alone.

And certainly not opening with what he just did.

It was a smooth move, and certainly not one she had been expecting to have made on her tonight. Intrigued but still feeling a bit cautious, she gave him a short nod, gaze moving to the bottle that he held poised over her glass before returning to his face. She leaned forward in her chair, forearms against the table as her legs crossed beneath it. "That was quite the line," she murmured, tone hinting at playful. "And the wine was definitely a nice touch."

Her eyes moved to the label as he poured, her smile faltering for a split second. "How did you know exactly what I was drinking?"

Zinfandel. She never drank it around Leo because he thought her taste in wine was abysmal; she only liked the sweet stuff, and she wasn't so sophisticated to notice the difference between a cheap glass and one that had cost him more than she could ever conceive spending on a drink.

So either this guy had been watching her for some time or he had asked someone what was in her glass.

When Zyvan suddenly moved to give chase, Cecania's mind went blank. It was the strangest sensation, a whisper of the terrible shock she had felt only a few years ago tainted with this horrible sense of deja vu. This night had turned out to be a contradiction; the events that had transpired mirrored that of what had happened when she was just twenty-one, and yet, things had ended so differently back then. Instinct told her to follow, warned her not to be alone, but her feet remained rooted to ground through the soles of her boots.

She wasn't frightened, and she knew her bodyguard had likely felt he should pursue the remaining thug before he got too far. Cecania didn't blame him for that. If he had continued on, leaving her here by herself, she wouldn't have scolded him or told her father. After all, incriminating him would mean incriminating herself; she was not supposed to leave the castle grounds.

She was not supposed to leave the castle grounds, and after tonight, Cecania had already decided she wouldn't be for quite some time. The temptation would always be there, calling to her like the sea to a land-locked sailor. For some reason, her soul did not enjoy being surrounded by four walls constantly; it always ached for more, despite the fact every ounce of logic she had told her to just obey her father. Cecania did not enjoy causing trouble, which was why she had resisted the urge to sneak out several times before.

This time, she had had a good stretch. How long, she wondered, would it take before her skin crawled off her body, restless in its need to live a life more than the one given to her? The older Cecania got, the worse it felt, but relief from the sensation certainly wasn't worth this. History could not repeat itself, and anything close to it was something she would not grow to tolerate.

It took her a moment to realize that Zyvan had not disappeared in his pursuit. She blinked when he finally was beside her once more, lifting her head to stare up at him.

For once, the noblewoman felt no need to fill the silence. In fact, she was actually enjoying the stillness; she was almost completely sober. Whatever good mood Cecania had been in earlier had been completely erased to the point that no evidence had remained. Her expression, stoic and very unlike her, was one she did not have the energy to change. In fact, she had no desire to do so. Cecania didn't want to talk, and though she was certain Zyvan had good intentions when he appeared as if he were going to say something, she found herself growing annoyed when she probably should have been grateful.

Zyvan did, after all, keep her safe. He did his job. And, yes, he wasn't hurt, but that didn't mean...

The short, cold sound of liquid slamming against the cobblestone gathered all her attention. Immediately, she glanced down, trying to find the source in the little lamplight they had. She couldn't tell the color, but it wasn't raining; it was dark and thicker than water. Cecania had seen enough of it to know what it was.

Dread lodged itself in her chest, making it hard to breathe over its mass, yet, somehow, she managed to remain calm.

"You are hurt." The words were heavy to push out of her throat as she craned her neck to look up at him once more. "Where?" She took a step closer, doing her best not to panic.

As far as she had seen, the Dwarf-man hadn't been able to land a blow. None of the thugs had, and the only one holding a knife didn't even get close enough to use it. He had run off into the night, realizing that Zyvan was a force to be reckoned with. So how...? How could he be bleeding?

When he didn't answer her right away, Cecania felt the iron-clad grip she had on her self-control begin to crack. Her rational mind was losing to the part of her that still was scared of the dark and tight, closed-in spaces. Her eyes began to scan his body, but all she could see was the damned cloak of his. They flitted back up to his face, looking for any cuts or droplets of red. Nothing.

"Zyvan."

It was as if her tone didn't know what she wanted it to be. A plea for an answer? A hint at just how her sense of calm was truly hanging by a thread? Or a panicked snap, the kind of sound an animal might make if it felt threatened?

Another step forward, close enough now that she could reach out and part the worn fabric if she wanted to. It wouldn't be proper, but Cecania was losing that battle.

"Where?"

plot elements/themes

I'm pretty much open to people pitching plot ideas to me. If you have a craving, feel free to tell me about it. Just please understand that I might want to add or modify things. Please be open to those ideas that I have because if you already have a story in your head, how my character should be and a full-blown step-by-step plot that cannot deviate from your image, I'm going to have a hard time enjoying it, most likely.
Additionally, the plots that I provide below are completely up to discussion. I am open to modifying and changing most of what I have below, especially if you have a great idea instead.

Below are some elements (genres, tropes, scenes) that I enjoy. I don't need to have them, but more likely than not, if you're pitching an idea with one or multiple of the below items, I will be very excited.

genres
tropes
elements
pairings
historical
fantasy (high or low)
supernatural
mystery
sci-fi/futuristic
post-apocolyptic
slice-of-life/modern
action
adventure
fluff
angst
comfort/hurt
arranged marriage
soulmates
a/b/o dynamics
sunshine and grumpy
good girl and bad boy
forbidden love/star-crossed lovers
enemies-to-lovers
hate-to-love
friends-to-lovers
friends with benefits-to-lovers
one bed
nurse back to health
forced proximity
second chance
redemption
fake relationship
fish out of water
amnesia/mistaken identity
office romance
school romance (at least 18)
royalty
superheros
monsters
aliens
supernatural beings
divine beings (gods/goddesses)
demons
organized crime
time travel
spoils of war/prisoner of war
magic
curses
family dynamics/pregnancy/building a family
school life
domestic life
dnd-style group
intelligent characters
tsundere or kuudere men
literally anything where I play a healer
lazy author x hard-ass editor
crime lord x civilian
crime lord x enemy crime lord's daughter
war lord x enemy princess/noble
assassin x target
school delinquent x nerd
god x sacrificed bride
demon x goddess or angel
agent x witness protection victim
office rival x office rival
bodyguard x princess/noble/merchant's daughter
bodyguard x famous person
bodyguard x famous person's daughter
singer x ghost writer
soldier/general x subordinate pretending to be a man
cocky, cold man x soft, stubborn woman
soldier x enemy nurse
soldier x enemy civilian
older brother x younger brother's widow
pirate x mermaid
pirate x princess/noblewoman
pirate x civilian
enemy pirate x enemy pirate
hero or knight x noblewoman
spymaster x princess/noblewoman

potential plots

favorites

high fantasy, one-sided love, dark themes, action & adventure, memory loss, childhood friends, possible family dynamics

This plot was inspired by a fan fiction I had read not too long ago. It is an AU with some demon slayer elements. However, if you would like to do this plot, I would like to make our own world with our own rules. One thing that is important to know is that in this world, humans can be turned into demons, and once they are, they crave human flesh and cannot easily die. They also tend to forget the lives they led as humans prior to being turned.

MC is the daughter of a restaurant owner in a small coastal city, several hundred miles from the capital. She met YC when they were both young kids, and they had been attached at the hip ever since. Given how they were with each other, even in their teenage years, everyone assumed that once they got older, they'd get married; it was obvious they held at least some amount of love for each other. Plus, neither of them, despite having drawn other potential lovers, seemed interested in anybody else. MC was the only one who could really handle YC's quirks and vice-versa.

Now, whether or not a confession happened between the two of them prior to the start of the main conflict of this plot, is up for discussion. Personally, I think a confession and maybe even an intent to marry would add a lot of angst, but we also don't have to go that route.

YC had always wanted to be part of the city's guard, and he had been so excited when he got into their training program with MC's brother (whom he also was friends with). During YC's teenage years, he got to study in the capitol (the separation was hard for MC, but she was proud of him), and when he returned, he began his mentorship with one of the captains. He showed promise, and he'd always come for dinner at MC's family's restaurant after his day of patrolling. Both of our characters were beginning to figure out their lives when the unthinkable happened.

Demon attacks weren't entirely uncommon, but they weren't something that happened so frequently with the city guard around and available, which was why MC was shocked to be woken in the middle of the night to the sounds of blood-curdling screams and the smell of smoke and blood. Her first thought was her family followed by YC. He had been patrolling that night along with her brother. Ignoring her parents' warnings to stay hidden and inside, MC went out onto the streets in search of both of them.

Following a commotion in a nearby alleyway, MC finds YC unconscious on the floor with her brother standing over him, poised to kill him. She immediately stops her sibling, wondering why he would do such a thing until she actually looked at YC.

"He's a demon. I have to kill him before he wakes."

YC is now the very threat to the city that he had so desperately wanted to protect against.

MC convinces her brother to help her hide YC. There are multiple ways she can, depending on what you want in the story. If our characters were romantically involved prior to this, maybe she tells her brother that she is pregnant with YC's baby (could be true; could also be a lie). Or she could also confess feelings for YC and remind her brother of the friendship he had with YC. Together with her sibling, MC would find a way to cure YC or, at the very least, remind him of his humanity. MC didn't expect it to be so hard because this was YC, her childhood friend and the man she loved. But when he woke, he had no recollection of her or who he had been. All he cared about was the hunger gnawing at him.

This plot will follow the journey of trying to restore YC's humanity and possibly find a cure (whether or not he is cured or choses to be, is another matter). MC will be struggling with the fact that the man she once loved is now the equivalent of a monster in society's eyes and does not remember their time together as friends (or more). He also only really looks at her as a meal. Her brother has basically sworn to kill YC if he tries anything. There is also the added conflict of the city guards being corrupt with one of its leaders wanting to turn its men into controllable demons to help protect its people. We can decide on the pros and cons of being a demon. I would think, for one thing, the immortality and added strength is helpful, but the desire and need to eat flesh...not so much. Also, on their journey, they will encounter demon hunters and demons who would both pose threats in their own ways.

low fantasy, dark themes*, nursing back to health, lovers to enemies to lovers, second chance, court intrigue, action, possible family dynamics, fake relationship

The battle is over, and MC stands victorious over yours. My army has decimated YC's, and YC knows that he is done for.

Not all that long ago, before the war before our character's two nations, YC and MC were lovers (likely as very young adults, thinking early twenties). Whether or not YC actually loved her is up to you, but he initially approached her in an attempt to gather information. MC was actually in love with yours and was left heartbroken at the end of the relationship (we can discuss how the relationship ended, if there was a break-up or if the war just started).

MC is not the ruler of her kingdom; her half-brother is, and he is a ruthless king. It is his idea to go to war with YC's kingdom, against MC's wishes. He is power and land hungry, and YC's kingdom has something that he wants. MC, who for her own reasons, cannot refuse her half-brother's command, is made his general. It is shocking. Women are not welcome on the battlefield, but MC's brother insists upon it. By the time our roleplay starts, MC is a seasoned general and has fought in many battles on behalf of her brother, and she is no longer the sweet, cheerful girl that YC remembers. She doesn't even seem fazed on the battlefield, and yet, when YC thinks she will finally kill him and end this war with her side's victory, MC refuses. Instead, MC, for her own machinations, spares YC's life. She has him healed and even personally cares for him at times.

Obviously, YC wonders why, and when MC finally gives him an answer, it is not one he expects.

She wants to overthrow her half-brother, and in exchange for sparing her life, YC is going to help her. However, in order to protect him from her brother upon her homecoming, she suggests that they pretend to be married. It is the only way to keep him from being thrown into the dungeons or executed.

I have a lot of ideas for this plot, including MC's past and how she became who she is. There will definitely be a mystery to her that I would like to keep to myself, and she will be keeping YC on his toes. I do think the plot would explore some dark themes, especially related to MC and her half-brother. There are reasons MC seems to be an empty shell of who she once was, a hardened puppet for a ruthless ruler, and she very much wants to see him off the throne. I would like to include flashbacks to MC and YC's relationship prior to the war so that we get that backstory too--could be fun and especially useful in the beginning when things are rather dark. I also think it will punctuate just how different our characters have become as they've gotten older and fought in a war on opposing sides. Another thing I really want to explore is how they grow closer together. MC will probably soften to YC as time goes on and even maybe revert, in moments, back to who she truly is (and was). I just think she deserves happiness, honestly. Poor thing. And we really should get rid of her half-brother in the end. The guy really is an S-Class asshole.

Obviously, we can create an equally heart-wrenching backstory for YC, or maybe he did have an okay life and is only now experiencing hardship by being forced to essentially live as his enemy's (and ex's) husband/co-conspirator. Up to you.

*Current Dark Themes in mind for this plot include torture, dehumanization of a character or character(s), forced marriage (but no non-con/dub-con), war. These are subject to change when being discussed.

low-fantasy, nursing back to health, strangers to lovers, curses

YC is the some high-ranking person in society. Maybe YC is a duke, a prince, king, count, marquis...Whatever you want, really. But YC was cursed. This curse is debilitating. YC basically has wounds all over his body that won't fully heal, no matter what YC does. Movement aggravates them, causing pain, and they only calm down when YC is still. He has searched far and wide for a cure--any cure, but thus far, has found nothing. He is at his wits' end and is very close to doing something drastic, like seeking out a demon or a witch that practices dark arts.

That is, until he meets MC. How they meet is up for debate, but MC doesn't realize that yours is cursed. Perhaps it is at a ball that YC is required to attend, and MC, unknowing that she is causing yours pain, pulls him onto the dance floor because she notices no one is dancing with him. Part of the curse is that the wounds, when aggravated, do smell. So most do not hang around YC. This is just one thought as to how they meet. MC is a skilled healer; so skilled, in fact, that she was brought in to work as one of the royal healers at the palace. She has her own reasons for accepting the job and staying at it, but she is not happy there.

However, when MC meets YC and learns of his curse, she wants to help him. She is not able to fully heal his wounds, but she is able to nearly close them up for an indefinite period as well as provide him with total pain relief for a similar amount of time. MC offers to come live with YC and heal him multiple times a day while also assisting in trying to find a way to break the curse (because curses aren't curable). Of course, she does ask for housing as well as a fee--not much more than what they pay her at the royal palace (which isn't much).

The plot could follow them checking out different leads on how to break the curse as well as our characters growing closer over time. I do think we would have to come up with some other subplots/conflicts to bolster the plot a bit more, but I think these are good bones.

low fantasy, arranged marriage, hate to love, slice of life, court intrigue, family dynamics, possible comedy, wholesome-ish

What does one do when one's husband refuses to acknowledge her own existence beyond what is strictly necessary to secure his throne? Drive him absolutely insane.

YC was raised to be the perfect ruler, nothing more and nothing less. He lives, breathes and sleeps his work, and as such, he takes it very seriously. Which is why he does not hesitate to agree to an arranged marriage with a princess from a kingdom that his father had been hoping to ally with--mostly for trade reasons. This is where MC comes in.

MC had heard the rumors about YC. How he never seemed to smile, was always cold and stoic to a fault and was an absolute workaholic. Needless to say, based on what she knew, she wasn't thrilled about the match. However, she knew from a young age that this was her destiny, to marry someone of her father's choosing for the betterment of her kingdom and people. He certainly could have picked far worse; she had friends whose fathers had. So MC goes into it with an open mind and with the intention of coming to some sort of compromise--she was determined to make this marriage at least a content one.

YC, to keep the peace, humors mine when she comes into his office, mere days before the wedding, and asks that they talk about their expectations for this marriage. YC is a logical man with his duty and work at the forefront of his mind. From his perspective, MC's purpose in his life is twofold: to secure an alliance with her kingdom and to have her secure his place as next in line and (eventually) on the throne by providing him with an heir and at least one spare. Beyond that, he wants nothing to do with MC. Or anyone, really.

Of course, he's smart enough not to tell her this, but MC eventually finds out--after the wedding--that he had mislead her. Whether she overhears a conversation she wasn't supposed to hear or simply learns through his behavior towards her, she now knows how YC views her. And she is done trying to play nice.

From then on, she is basically doing what she thinks is right by her, him and their future children, and damn his opinion because, clearly, he didn't give a damn about her's. Suddenly, she's coming to bother him during his working hours, insisting he go to bed when he'd rather work until the wee hours in the morning, asking him questions about himself and his childhood, trying to get him to spend time with her. And even worse, he actually finds her attractive and infuriatingly distracting to the point he sometimes acts without thinking.

In other words, MC is just going to be teasing and tormenting YC until he realizes that there is more to life than duty and work. MC will also have her own character arc, but it will definitely be a bit more subtle.

It's supposed to be mostly light-hearted and silly. Although, I do think the reason for YC's attitude and coldness towards people mostly stems from his upbringing. I kind of pictured his father as a ladies' man and workaholic who basically neglected his kids until they were old enough to be useful to him. Family dinners weren't a thing. YC's mother was also out of the picture (either because she decided she couldn't stand YC's father or maybe she passed away for some reason or another). I also pictured YC having a brother that's a complete flirt and often tries to make him jealous by flirting with MC and threatening to take her from him, and I think YC having a sister would be good for MC to have someone to talk to within the palace. I also think it would be interesting if YC did actually love someone once, but they broke his heart, which is yet another reason why he holds MC at arm's length. Obviously, these ideas are simply that, ideas. You can make YC's backstory whatever you want.

I do see their relationship being hostile then more flirtatious/sexual at first (mostly hate sex or just passionate moments between the two) that slowly eases into something that is actually somewhat healthy. We're dealing with two stubborn characters that are scared of being vulnerable and a lot of things happen merely because of miscommunication or misunderstanding. Long term, I do think YC's father and brother could be potential sources of conflict in addition to the conflict between our two characters.

possible low fantasy, possible modern, slice of life, wholesome, family dynamics, possible dark themes (up for discussion)

If you really just want a cute, wholesome roleplay that is maybe loosely inspired by Stardew Valley (and yes, I know Stardew has some dark themes), then this is your plot. Also, MC could be the newcomer or one of the townspeople; I think playing either would be fun, but for simplicity sake, I will have MC be the newcomer in town.

MC moved to a small village/town in the middle of nowhere from a big city to start over. The life she left behind was not the one she wanted for herself, so the first chance she had to start anew, she took. Being a city-trained healer, MC is definitely desirable in a small town like the one she moved to. It was at the border, and sometimes violence could break out with the neighboring kingdom. However, upon moving there, the last thing she expected was to meet YC and to fall in love.

I know its super short because I feel like this can go in several different ways, and I am listing a few below:

Obviously, our roles could be reversed where MC is a healer in town and YC is the newcomer (maybe a soldier from the city to keep an eye on this - maybe he comes in a group and we don't want them there).
With MC as the newcomer, perhaps YC, who has been there all his life, does not trust her.
Our characters could be any fantasy race you want. Personally, I was thinking MC is half-elf/half-human, which could give her an interesting backstory.
Perhaps there are other people in the town that are interested in either of our characters (or even both - think the rivals from Stardew), but we're not so much interested in them.
The newcomer in this scenario isn't actually a newcomer at all. They once lived in and/or visited the town frequently as a child, and therefore, our characters knew each other as children

I do want to explore an actual relationship between our characters, starting from where you want. Do they hate each other at first? Are merely skeptical? Or perhaps from the beginning, the local is kind to the newcomer. I definitely think attraction occurs at some point and whether or not they start dating or are friends first is also up to discussion. Perhaps something occurs that makes them view each other differently (maybe even more than once). I do like the idea of there being some sort of courtship involved (on both ends), followed by marriage and then starting a family together. I do think, as with any relationship, there should be some rough patches, trials and tribulations, what have you. We can definitely bring in that unrest at the border and use either of our character's pasts to bring in some additional conflict.

fantasy

mistaken identity (MC pretending to be a man), high or low fantasy, world building, possible enemies to lovers, possible slice-of-life

MC has always wanted to be a doctor. After being raised by her uncle, who was a very skilled one, it was all she had ever dreamed of being. Fortunately, her uncle had always acknowledged and encouraged her curiosity with medicine, and a lot of times, she would assist him behind the scenes in his clinic. Having dedicated his life to the science of it, MC's uncle never married or had children of his own, but he had always been a gentle father to MC after her father passed away when she was just four years old. Her mother had died giving birth to her, so her uncle was the only living relative she had left.

As a woman, though, MC would never be allowed to receive an education from the royal academy, the only way a person could become a practicing doctor. Everything she had learned was from her uncle, and he was well-known for his skill, intelligence and excellent bedside manner, which is why he is offered a job at the palace as a personal physician to the royal family as well as their personal guard. It was too good of an opportunity to pass up, and they even offered to house his niece. The only issue was that she could no longer be an assistant to him, as this was not his clinic--it was the royal palace.

It was then that MC's uncle came up with the idea for her to come not as his niece, but as his male assistant. She'd have to hide her true identity and appear as a young man, but at least she could practice medicine alongside him as well as learn more about the profession she loves. So, MC, a bit nervous about the idea but also wanting it to work, binds her chest, cut her hair a bit shorter and dressed as a man. Surprisingly, after testing it out on their own patrons in the final months their clinic is open, many people mistook her for a young man. Although, some had commented that she appeared slightly feminine, and her voice could be a bit telling at times; it wasn't enough, though, for them to suspect that she was actually a woman.

Now, this is where it gets interesting. YC could be a variety of people. Maybe he's the spymaster in the castle that's been suspicious of her from the beginning. Maybe he's a knight that befriends her or refuses to acknowledge her existence (the kind of knight that doesn't need a doctor; he's not wounded). Or maybe he's a prince or visiting noble. Maybe he's a servant. Maybe he's the captain of the guard. Regardless, I think it would be fun if YC doesn't know that MC's actually a woman and finds out well before anyone else. He helps her keep her secret for whatever reason, and over time, they grow closer.

This plot could be high or low fantasy. It could also be modified to be historical. I think it also might be interesting in a world or society that is based on Japanese culture, but not a necessity for me. I also did take some inspiration from Hakuouki, if you are familiar with it. If not, also not a big deal.

high or low fantasy, world building, strangers to lovers, possible slice-of-life

MC was just recently sold to a brothel. Her poor parents could barely afford to feed her or her siblings, and it was either she go or one of her siblings. MC, being the oldest, reluctantly volunteered, hoping the establishment would simply use her as a servant girl, not as one of their courtesans. Unfortunately for her, the head mistress saw promise, and virgins tended to make good money. She had one of the other courtesans take her under her wing for a short while before it was decided that MC would have her debut. As such, her first customer would pay a high price, since she was a virgin.

It also so happens that YC ends up at the brothel that night.

YC could be a variety of different roles. Maybe he's there to drink with friends--he could be a wandering samurai or a lord. Maybe he's a well-known warrior, one that has a reputation for being rather ruthless in battle. Maybe he's a half-demon. Maybe he's a respected artist. Regardless, something about MC catches his eye, and he ends up buying her for the night. It is rather obvious, once he has MC alone, that she does not want to be in this situation, and YC has no interest in forcing her. Instead, they just talk the whole night, and in the morning, YC summons the head mistress. At first, MC is confused and wonders if he is maybe complaining about her, but then YC does something unexpected. He buys her.

I don't exactly know why YC bought MC. Maybe he takes pity on her. Maybe he has a reputation for buying girls from brothels and then helping them start a new life outside that type of work. Maybe he wanted a model or an assistant, if he's an artist. Maybe he has other reasons. I'm open to whatever your thoughts are on that.

I picture this as either high or low fantasy in a Japanese-esque setting. It could also be made into a historical plot, if desired.

high or low fantasy, enemies to lovers, arranged marriage, on the run, royalty, action & adventure, political intrigue, possible magic

This was a plot that I was roleplaying with someone on this site, here. I do think it's been abandoned, at least for the time being. That being said, I am fully open to coming up with a plot that stems from the same basic idea, but I do expect it to be different in some ways.

MC is the princess of a kingdom that has been long-standing enemies with YC's kingdom. As part of a gesture for peace, it was decided that our two characters would marry, much to the chagrin of both of them. They have both heard rumors about one another, ones that don't paint their new spouse in a pretty light. Needless to say, the marriage is not wanted by its participants for various reasons. MC, for one thing, does not believe it will be happy union; she has always wanted to marry for love, and despite the fact she knew it was unlikely, given her station, she did have someone back home that she was beginning to fall for. As for YC, his reasons for opposing the match could be similar to MC's. Or maybe they're different.

On their wedding day (which may also double as the first time the bride and groom meet face to face), just after they are wed, the venue is attacked by a mysterious group. No one knows their origin. Somehow, our characters manage to escape and must survive the outside world while also being chased by the same assassins that had wiped out most (if not all) of their family. On this journey, they have to learn to work together as well as tolerate one another, but getting to know one another might just be the key to making this marriage work.

This could either be high or low fantasy in genre, and I don't have a particular idea as to what kind of world they live in. I imagine there are many dangers on the run. I also kind of pictured MC coming from a southern, Arabian-inspired kingdom.

high or low fantasy, divine beings, arranged marriage, court intrigue, possible enemies to lovers, possible slice of life

MC was selected by the local shrine to be the bride of its god. Whether YC is a god that controls weather, agriculture or fertility, it is believed that appeasing him with a young, beautiful wife will bring about another prosperous century.

Of course, MC has no desire to die. Against her will, she is dragged from her home before her parents could help her escape, bathed and dressed as if it were her wedding day and not, truly, the day that would mark her death. The shrine maidens assure her that the priests will be merciful. The plan is to drown her, and she will be welcomed on the other end by her husband-to-be. A god. She should understand just how fortunate she is.

MC fights tooth and nail until there is left no choice but to bound and gag her. She is placed on the alter, set up by the river, and the priest reads both the marriage rites as well as her last rites. Now, here is where YC comes in. He can either choose to wait until after she is thrown into the river to save her or he can save her right then and there, in front of everyone.

Fearful of what they might do to MC if he leaves her there, he decides to bring his new bride back to the spirit world, where he resides in his other-worldly palace. Now, MC is the mortal bride to a god, and YC really doesn't know what to do with her, a wife he didn't want.

I think we could definitely have some court intrigue included in this plot. There would be some in the heavens that don't believe a human should be the wife of a god. Maybe MC is determined to leave, to go back to her parents, but once a mortal is in the heavens, they cannot leave until the next eclipse or some other such thing; point is, she's trapped with her new husband for quite a significant period of time.

high or low fantasy, pirates, childhood friends, hate to love, action & adventure

Giving full credit to the user Tribal Chief, who had a request thread with a plot that inspired the one below. He gave me permission to put it here. :) I have edited it to be more of a fantasy plot, but it could also be historical, if you'd prefer.

MC and YC were childhood friends, part of a group of poor orphans that managed to survive simply through pickpocketing and relying on one another. MC was a bit younger than YC, but she followed him and his best friend around everywhere. They were an inseparable trio. MC depended on YC and his best friend for almost everything. Being younger and newly orphaned, she didn't know much. Now, how YC felt about her can vary. Maybe he saw her as a nuisance while his best friend insisted that they watch out for her. Or maybe he felt protective of her, too. Obviously, depending on how YC treated her, MC will respond differently to seeing him again.

One day, MC ends up going missing. Of course, YC's best friend is in a panic (YC may or may not be). The best friend kind of viewed her as a little sister, so for him, the loss is substantial. What actually ended up happening was that she was caught pickpocketing and adopted by the person she had attempted to pickpocket. She fought tooth and nail, but this person--likely a rich aristocrat or merchant--still ended up taking her home. I'm thinking the motivation for this was that MC resembled her daughter, who died a year or so before. Initially, MC is resistant to her new family's attempts at assimilating her into their home. She misses the two boys and the streets. However, after a while, she begins to soften, even feel a bit happy with her new mother.

After a few months, MC will open up to her mother about how she was living up to that point, telling her about YC and his best friend. She starts asking if there is someway they could help them. Eventually, her mother does convince her new father to help, but when they go back to where they had found MC to try and find YC and his friend, they're gone. MC, having only been gone for a few months, is heartbroken.

Fast forward to when she is of age, MC is traveling on a ship in the Mediterranean Sea. Maybe she's there with family. Maybe she's traveling because she is newly arranged to be married. Regardless of the reason, her ship is attached by pirates or an enemy kingdom's navy, and that is how she ends up as part of a slave auction. Now, I picture my MC being quite the spitfire, despite the fact she was adopted by a richer house, so she won't take too kindly this. She also won't take too kindly to whomever buys her.

YC, who is also grown up and made his own life, ended up being captain of his very own group of pirates. When he first sees MC being auctioned off, feels the impulse to buy her simply because he desires her, but a second look has him recognizing her. I think, perhaps, she has either a necklace or a birthmark that only the young girl from YC's childhood would have, which is how he knows who she is, without a shadow of a doubt. He buys her to save her from a worse fate. MC doesn't recognize him, nor is she pleased that she has been bought.

As for YC's best friend, there are a few things that I could picture maybe happening: he passed away from illness when they were kids (maybe he even had YC promise he'd find MC, because, no doubt, she got herself into trouble), they had a falling out (which could lead to a subplot of MC wanting to find him) or maybe he ends up becoming part of the Navy of one of the neighboring countries.

YC could also be a mercenary or an assassin; he doesn't necessarily have to be a pirate.

high fantasy, magic, enemies to lovers, supernatural beings, post-apocolyptic elements, action & adventure

MC, a priestess, successfully locked YC, an oni or demon, away, keeping him from continuing his murderous rampage on her village. The spell, however, did not come without a price. MC was also put into a deep sleep, only to wake if YC did.

Fast forward some undetermined amount of time, something wakes YC from slumber, but before he can escape his chains and prison, MC is awake to stop him. A battle ensues, one that abruptly ends when YC inflicts an injury upon MC. Normally, that wouldn't stop YC, but then...he feels pain in the same area on his own body. He's bleeding, too. The discovery is enough to shake both our characters into a standstill, and MC explains that the spell, after having been in effect for so long, likely tied their lives together. Therefore, any injury that occurred to YC would occur to mine as well and vice versa.

Immediately, YC sees an advantage because MC is mortal, unlike him. She can die easier.

Having been YC's enemy for most of her life, MC knows exactly what he's thinking and stops him in his tracks, explaining that if he kills her, he will die, too.

The two would then set off on an adventure to find a way to reverse the spell, but when they emerge from the prison beneath the shrine MC used to live in, they find their world has drastically changed. And not for the better.

Again, kind of thinking a Japense-esque fantasy setting, but also not a requirement.

low fantasy, dark themes, scorned lovers, second chance romance, slice-of-life, possible action & adventure, possible court intrigue

This story does contain mention and description of abuse and SA. Do not read if that is triggering for you. There are other plots that do not include these dark themes.

This plot was one I had done a long time ago with someone on here. It only got so far, but I always liked the concept.

MC is the daughter of a lord who oversees a small section of the kingdom's land. Growing up, she's was a bit of a hellion, always leaving the castle and heading into town. The townspeople adored her, and she made many friends, some her age and some older. Among them was YC, the scrawny son of a blacksmith with a heart of gold. MC and YC were the best of friends, growing up, and by the time they were both in their teenage years, they both had feelings that went beyond friendship for each other. It was kind of obvious to everyone around them, and on the day of MC's coming of age ceremony, YC decides to confess his feelings to MC.

What YC doesn't know is that MC is being forced to marry the youngest son of a neighboring lord, and he has seen MC with YC. He told her that if she didn't tell YC that she no longer wanted to see him, harm would come to YC. Given the fact that her fiancé is quite a large, imposing man, MC feared for YC's life.

As much as MC didn't want YC out of her life, she had decided to tell him that she did to protect him. Unfortunately, she hadn't anticipated YC's confession of love, something she would have happily returned in any other circumstance. She bursts into tears, knowing her response would break his heart as well as her own.

"I can't return your feelings, and I think it's best that we stop spending time together. I'm to be married. It's important for me to try and make my relationship with my new husband work."

YC did not expect that response at all. He is utterly hurt and heartbroken. And whether or not he tries to see her again, MC rebuffs his attempts at trying to see or contact her. Eventually, YC's pain turns into anger. He ends up deciding to leave. He joins the military and begins to make a name for himself, even earning himself a knighthood and the title of "hero". Two years later, he returns home to visit his family, and the lord invites him up to the castle, hosting a party for him.

At this point, he has grown into a man, and no longer resembled the young boy everyone knew. MC and her family do not recognize him, and YC sees it as an opportunity to get revenge on MC, who he still believes wanted to be cruel.

MC has also grown and is in forced mourning for her husband, who had died. If anything, though, she is relieved. He was abusive, and an incident where he had lost his temper had caused her to lose their baby, which only made him angrier with her. As badly as she felt about being happy at the news of someone dying in battle, her husband was a vile man, and it was the only way, other than passing on herself, to be free of him.

Whether or not YC finds out about the truth sooner rather than later is up to you. Our characters could be at odds for a while, and obviously, there are still some lingering feelings on both ends. We can also decide when MC realizes that this man tormenting her is actually the young, scrawny blacksmith's boy that she still carries a torch for.

high or low fantasy, friends to lovers, forbidden love, on the run, royalty, political intrigue, slice-of-life, possible action & adventure

Another plot I ended up starting with someone on BMR that didn't get far.

YC is assigned to be the personal knight of MC after becoming the champion of a joust. MC was the one to bestow the favor to the winner, but after hearing about the kind of person he was and seeing how capable he was in the tournament, MC decides that she wants him to be her guard. Given that such a thing is an honor, YC agrees.

As they spend more and more time together, both of them begin to develop feelings for one another. MC is more open about these feelings while YC, ever the dutiful knight, refuses her at every turn. MC, becoming frustrated, ends up confessing to YC the eve before her birthday ball, laying her feelings for him out in the open so that there was no way YC could play oblivious. MC tells him that he doesn't have to accept her feelings, if he doesn't reciprocate them, but if he does...She asks him to be honest with her. Whether or not YC has a moment of weakness is up to you. The most I'd be comfortable with happening is a heated kiss before YC regains his senses, saying that this is wrong.

The next day, YC has been avoiding mine until he has no choice but to escort her to her birthday ball. It is no secret that MC's father expects her to spend time with the eligible suitors he had invited to it. But MC wants nothing to do with them. She stops YC in the hall and brings up the night before. YC is quick to dismiss her feelings yet again, this time being a bit firmer, but internally, he doesn't want to send her off to dance the evening away with different bachelors, all vying for her hand.

MC, heartbroken, plays the part of the perfect daughter and princess until halfway through the ball. MC asks her father if she can get some air, and despite her protests, her father insists MC bring YC with her. They step outside onto the balcony, and MC is keeping her distance. YC moves to say something, to break the awkward tension, when a scream is heard from inside.

One of the king's generals has staged a military coup, slaughtering anyone and everyone in his path.

Knowing MC is in danger, YC decides it is safest for the two of them to flee rather than fight. It's hard for YC to run away, but his duty is MC's safety.

The rest of the plot would follow our characters on the run while struggling with both of their feelings for one another. This would require YC to be pretty resistant to his feelings for MC due to his duty as a knight. She is a princess that he is assigned to protect. Their relationship would never be accepted, and if she is to one day try to take back her throne, she would need to marry someone of a higher standing than him to solidify her power. Along the way, they get stuck in situations where they do have to pretend to be a married couple or share a bed, things that make it difficult for both of them to keep their space from the other. At this point, MC is convinced YC would pick his duty over her, and she has mostly given up hope on being with him.

supernatural

high or low fantasy, possible modern, magic, supernatural beings, soulmates, hate to love, slice-of-life, possible action & adventure

MC, an apprentice witch, decided that she was done waiting on her soulmate. Everyone else around her seemed to be finding theirs and beginning to build their lives with them. Since she was a little girl, she had dreamed of finding the person she was meant to be with, and nearing thirty years of age, having avoided relationships completely simply because she wanted to save most of her firsts for her soulmate, MC was getting impatient. Fortunately, she was working at her mentor's magical bakery, which meant, while her mentor wasn't in town for a weekend, she had access to all the ingredients she would need to find her soulmate.

It was a simple summoning spell. It should have been easy for someone with MC's skill, but in her excitement she must have messed up...royally. Because instead of summoning her soulmate, she summoned a demon.

YC was going about his daily life, doing the things demons typically did and fully enjoying it, when all of a sudden, his entire world shifts. Somehow, he randomly ends up in some bakery that reeks of witch magic. Not only that, but the novice witch that summoned him made some weird mistake. Now, they can speak to each other telepathically, something usually reserved for soulmates, and whatever spell she had used made it impossible for him to leave her side.

If it wasn't obvious...MC did not mess up the spell. She actually did summon her soulmate. It just so happens to be YC, a demon. The plot would be following the two of them trying to figure out how to break the bond between them so that they could go their separate ways. Eventually, one or maybe both at the same time, finds out the truth of it all. And that changes everything.

This could be in a historical, fantasy or modern setting. Up to you. I'm open to any. As for the details of what it means to be soulmates, they can be discussed. I also kind of pictured YC being sort of cocky and teasing to MC whereas MC doesn't want to deal with his annoying bullshit; if course, that dynamic shifts the more they get to know each other and grow closer.

modern

modern, school life, slice-of-life, hate to love

YC goes to an all-boys school, and he's in his last year of it. He's also got a bit of a reputation (and maybe even a short temper) as one of the school's delinquents. He likes to skip class. He gets into fights with boys from other schools. And he hardly ever wears the uniform properly. But he's not the only one. His school is known for breeding delinquents. Hardly any go to college, and only a few of the ones that do end up graduating with a degree. Wanting to change this, the headmaster makes a deal with a neighboring school--an all-girls academy that is known for their good grades and overachievers. This all-girls academy wants to branch out into athletics, which is something YC's school is known for.

MC is one of the top students at the all-girls academy. She is firmly against combining schools because of the reputation YC's school has. Unfortunately, she has no choice in the matter, and she ends up in YC's class. Now, I'm thinking it might be interesting if MC and YC met before their schools became co-ed. Whether this meeting left a positive or negative impression, both of our characters are quick to judge when they see where the other goes to school. MC's school is known for catering to rich, spoiled girls, and YC hates people who are stuck-up.

Things only seem to get worse when MC is paired with YC. All the students are paired off boy-girl in hopes that the girls can tutor the boys and the boys can help the girls with a sport of their choice. If the boys' test scores don't improve, they affect the girls', which means MC's perfect record is at risk. And if the girls don't improve in their chosen sport, the boys won't be allowed to compete on their own respective sports teams, something YC is also irked by, given the fact he is one of the top players in his chosen sport.

What will be hilarious is that our characters are probably more alike than they'd care to admit, and as they get closer, despite the petty arguments and the frustration they have towards one another, they are celebrating each others' wins, big and small.

But they shouldn't grow too close. The new co-ed school has strict rules about dating. In fact, students aren't allowed to date.

I don't know why, but I'm picturing Japan as the setting, but it can be anywhere, honestly.

potential characters

Below are some characters that I have been dying to play but don't necessarily have plots in mind for them. Some of these characters may have some plot ideas associated but nothing fleshed out enough (in my opinion) to do something with.

low-fantasy, high-fantasy, supernatural, enemies to lovers, friends to lovers, dark themes

Race: True Vampire
Hair: Straight, Long and Black
Skin Color: Pearl White
Eyes: Pale Blue or Red (when hungry), Doe-Like
Physique: Curvy, Toned

Minerva belongs to one of the most prestigious lines of vampires there ever was. She is a True Vampire (a vampire was born one instead of changed into one), and just like all True Vampire, she has abilities beyond compare. She can shape shift, changing her appearance into anyone or anything she desires (although, changing one's appearance to look like another person is far easier than trying to look like an animal or some other creature). She also has advanced healing ability, stamina and speed. The sun does not affect her as much as the Vampire Spawn (humans that become vampires), she can go for longer without feeding and she doesn't not feel the insatiable blood lust that can turn some Vampire Spawn into mindless monsters.

But Minerva also has another gift, one that only has been traced to vampires born into her family. She has hidden it from all others, including her father, for fear of it being abused. Minerva has the same power that the Original Vampire had: Allure. In other words, she could control people's minds. A power she never wanted and had successfully hidden. Or at least, she thought she had.

In truth, all Minerva really wanted was the one thing her father had refused her growing up - a peaceful family and home life. Her father was notorious for his desire to enslave humans and, eventually, the other races, and use them as mere livestock for the vampire world order. Many prominent vampires were against this, and fortunately, Minerva's husband was as well. Together, they killed her father to keep him from enacting on his plans, and they thought with his death, his movement would die too.

Unfortunately, Minerva had no idea that her own husband merely killed her father so that he could become the new leader of the very movement she had scorned. He also knew the secret she had been keeping to herself and that it was the key, the one piece in the puzzle that Minerva's father had been oblivious to.

Minerva is a good-hearted person, despite the fact her own existence is the result of centuries of brutality on the part of vampires against humans. She generally does not feed from humans without consent and is considered (and often looked down upon) as a vegetarian vampire that feeds from animals. She had a terrible childhood under her father's strict parenting and abuse; he even killed her brother in front of her because he saw him as far too weak. This is why she longed for his death and the peace, she hoped, she would find with her new husband, another True Vampire that she thought loved her. She wants a family of her own. She wants to be in a loving household.

However, also due to her upbringing, Minerva is not quick to trust, but she is very good at making someone feel as if she does trust them. Known to be a charmer, she is playful, friendly and flirtatious at times. She also downplays her intelligence, a useful tactic taught to her by her own father so that she people underestimate her, particularly her enemies.

I could see her in a plot potentially where she finds out her husband's true machinations and seeks out the help of another (potentially YC) to help take him down. I do also think a rivals or enemies to lovers sort of scenario would be fun for her, and she would be particularly fun opposite someone who is either stoic and straight to the point or someone who is not easily flustered but is by her. She's definitely a tease. I also think her opposite a vampire hunter or another vampire (True or Spawn) might be interesting.

high-fantasy, enemies to lovers, friends to lovers, dark themes, magic

Race: Half-Elf, Half-Human
Hair: Honey Brown, Long Ringlets
Skin Color: Olive
Eyes: Hazel, Almost Amber
Physique: Curvy, Soft, Delicate
Other: Freckles

Lenora was born and left at a human orphanage's doorstep within the same night. It was clear that her mother, whether elven or human, could not raise her despite wanting to. She had left a note with Lenora, one that she keeps with her to this day, regardless of her circumstances. Despite her humble upbringing, Lenora showed signs of being a mage when she was only two years old. She had accidentally set the orphanage's dining hall on fire, and within twenty-four hours, she was sent to a mage's circle, where she was raised and tutored by others who wielded magic as she did. Due to this, she became very skilled very fast. She had a knack for it, and one of her mentors sent her to the Royal Mage's Academy, a prestigious school where almost every student ended up leaving and taking a job as either a Court Mage or a personal mage to one of the nobility. Lenora had designs to be a Court Mage, and she ended up being so.

She was well-known and performed her duties well for several years as a Court Mage. It was here that she met and fell in love with the second prince. They kept their relationship hidden, as it was not exactly allowed. For one thing, Lenora, being a Court Mage, was not of a high enough station. Add in the fact her lineage was virtually unknown and that she was not even full-blood human, it was very unlikely that their relationship would be accepted. Still, Lenora hoped, and one day, the second prince did finally propose to her. He told her that he wished to marry her, and Lenora was beyond willing; however, before she could say yes, the second prince then revealed his plans to make her his queen. This didn't make sense to her when his older brother was the one in line for the throne, and that was when the second prince told her that he planned to overthrow him with her help. Lenora was flabbergasted and immediately tried to talk him out of such a thing, causing them to argue. In the end, the second prince stormed away from her, and before long, he had a new woman at his side. Lenora thought to report of his alarming revelation to her, but she knew it would be her word against the second prince's and no one would believe her. So she continued to work as a Court Mage, heartbroken and putting things in place that would allow her to leave and still lead a comfortable life somewhere else.

In fact, she had another job lined up as a Court Mage for a neighboring kingdom when guards suddenly burst into her office in the palace and arrested her for killing the heir to the throne. Apparently, the second prince had framed her, and while there was to be a trial for her, it was clear that the second prince wanted her executed because she was the only one that knew of his designs. Lenora refused to give up, though, and she managed to escape prison. However, she could no longer have the normal life she desired. She was a fugitive now for a crime she did not commit.

I think a roleplay with her in it would occur a few years after her escape from prison. She is well known and wanted, the bounty on her high, but she has managed to evade getting caught and make money by taking up bounties herself. I thinks he would do well in a DND-style group, but I could also see her with a fellow fugitive or bounty hunter. Not sure. I have pictured her with someone who is serious and is easily flustered. After being betrayed by the first true love of her life, she is kind of prickly and not quick to trust. However, she is very flirtatious and enjoys charming those around her to get what she wants. She comes off as having a devil-may-care attitude, but in actuality she's been hurt; she's scared. So I'd definitely like to see her opposite someone that eventually gets her to open up to them, but I do see this dynamic being a sort of friends-with-benefits situation before becoming romantic. Whether or not they don't like each other to start is also something I think would be interesting. I do head canon her with a dwarf. A gruff, serious dwarf who thinks she's far too pretty for him and doesn't like Elves or her flirtatious attitude (she flusters the heck out of him because its fun to her), but then when he learns she has a sweet, caring side, he's hooked. So something to that effect. But honestly, I'm open to trying her opposite any character.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom