Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Confused about segregated request boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotep

Supporter
Supporter
I'm just not sure how I'm supposed to work them. If I'm offering to play males or females in my ad, then do I just post on the one I like more, or the one opposite what I'm looking for, or do I make two, or what?

Perhaps they could be sub-forums under a Request board, so if you're specifically looking for something, you could post there, but if you're being vague, you could post in the general request board?

I dunno. I:

I didn't know if that would be considered spamming, since it's the exact same thing in two places.

Is it just me, or is the male request board getting more traffic than the female request board?

Kotep said:
I didn't know if that would be considered spamming, since it's the exact same thing in two places.

Is it just me, or is the male request board getting more traffic than the female request board?
I'm not surprised to see more males on this site. And we have no rules against spamming here.

It is intended to help Other People find You. Not You find Other People.

So you post according to Your gender, unless you want to be vague, or lie, which We cannot stop You from doing.

This is a bit of a different take on what Elliquiy does, an idea that works really well there but got shot down for the request forums.

As for the male-female ratio, it means more men are looking. Though there probably is a ~45% female / 55% male ratio or so.

Personally, I don't see why we don't punish people for lying about their gender. Honesty is the best policy, after all.

Misanthrope said:
Personally, I don't see why we don't punish people for lying about their gender. Honesty is the best policy, after all.

That's tricky territory when involving intersex and transgendered people. Up to Try and pretty of course.

The less punishment that goes on here, the better, if you ask me. My background checks have located several people lying about their gender on here - If that bothers you, get your rocks off in the real world, where you can visually confirm someone's bits.

Trygon said:
The less punishment that goes on here, the better, if you ask me. My background checks have located several people lying about their gender on here - If that bothers you, get your rocks off in the real world, where you can visually confirm someone's bits.

For the record, though, I've noticed that people have been more honest lately - a much larger percentage of gender fakes are now females pretending to be males.

Vekseid said:
For the record, though, I've noticed that people have been more honest lately - a much larger percentage of gender fakes are now females pretending to be males.

Really? I always thought it'd be impossible for there to be more pretend-boys than pretend-girls. I think this website is pretty good about honesty though, or at least compared to other websites I've been on *cough* Darknest *cough*

Calista said:
Really? I always thought it'd be impossible for there to be more pretend-boys than pretend-girls. I think this website is pretty good about honesty though, or at least compared to other websites I've been on *cough* Darknest *cough*

Not more yet, but it's closer to a 60/40 ratio now, at least on Elliquiy and it's pretty recent.

As for Darknest... always thought something was odd about the raw number of male applicants we got from there.

...and apparently turned away o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom