Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tale as Old as Time (Eve and Krad)

"Papa?" A young, brunette woman called, pushing against the tall, wooden doors to the castle. She held his hat in her hand, the other was fisted over her cloak clasp. This whole day hadn't gone as planned...

"Goodbye, Papa! Good luck!" "Goodbye! And take care while I'm gone." She'd watched as he drove down the road and out of sight, then retreated indoors. An hours worth of dusting, twenty minutes to cut up vegetables, and five minutes to mix it into a stew; and then she could settle in with her newest book, the one the book seller had given her yesterday. Not an hour later, there had been a knock on the door, and then he'd shown... wanting to engage her in talk of marriage and a family, dogs and a hearthfire. No, thank you. She deserved better than him... he didn't deserve her. That wasn't what she'd told him though, oh, no. And after she'd tossed his boots out after him, she leaned against the door, her hand over her eyes. How could she get rid of him?

The minutes had ticked by, and finally she felt it would be safe to go outdoors, feed the animals. "Is he gone?" She asked the chickens, who merely looked at her inquisitively. "The nerve of him! He asked me to marry him!" And she'd ranted to the goats, the pig, the chickens, knowing they wouldn't pass judgement. Chores done, she wandered out to their back field to watch the sun set. That was when she'd heard the frantic whinny. "Phillippe! What... where's Papa? Oh, we have to find him. You've got to take me to him." And hurriedly, she unhitched him from the cart, and climbed up onto her horse's back. That was how she'd found herself at this spooky old castle in the woods, complete with creaky gate and gargoyles.

"Papa? Where are you? Hello?" Slowly, she paced through the halls. "Is someone here?"

The beast was sitting in his parlor, staring into the fire an open book on his lap. The sound of her voice brought him out of his trance and he stood up quickly and turned, his cape swishing behind him. Carefully he went to the door and peeked out into the hall as she passed by.

The servants were all abuzz as the rumor went around -- there was a girl in the castle.

"Hello? Wait! I'm looking for my father... I-" She paused, looked around, brushed a stray strand of hair back from her face. "Well, that's funny. I was sure there was someone. I-is anyone here?"

"Belle?" The sound of that voice had her running across the tower room.

"Papa!" Her hands reached out, found the one he held out to her. "Oh, your hands are like ice!" And his cough worried her. "I've got to get you out of here." She ignored all of his protests that she needed to leave, that she had to get out. "I'm not leaving you, Papa." And though she was worried, her strength came through in her voice.

The beast saw her there, kneeling down infront of the bars. He aproached, the moonlinght casting a shadow over her as he neared silently, her father sputtering words, attempting to tell her to leave.

She turned with a gasp as the shadow came over her. "Who... who are you? Please... I've come for my father. Can't you see - he's terribly sick!" She was supporting herself with her hands, her eyes pleading with the shadow above her. She didn't know what she'd do, if whoever had put her father in this cell wouldn't release him. She wouldn't be able to live with herself if she just left him there.

"Your... father is my prisioner now. Now leave or you will be too." He said a low growel escaping his throat as he spoke.

Back
Top Bottom