Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

it's-not-emo emo stories

dready

Star
the eyes of brown stared back to mine whilst a small breeze came through the window and disturbed the fly from its perch to keep it from spying on us while my hand held a small box with an insignificant stone held up by a ring of metal plated to look like it's been made of a white gold. her ears had no excuse to hear my words as they tumbled with only slight last minute practice as my knee begins to feel a slight pain from a hard plastic item poking up from the ground. those brown eyes shied away while her lips moved to leave my ears at an echo of sound with a soft and almost hyperventilated 'yes' before turning her head back and holding perfect time with her echoe of a slightly louder 'yes' which almost made my entire body collapse from the suddenly lifted veil and weights of stress. within moments we were embraced, but after a few moments of being numbed by the extreme inner warmth from the physical connection as well as something rather spiritual, my angel felt cold in my arms. with a soft pull from her embrace and with my face pulling back from the side of hers, my eyes looked to hers and found a vacancy. suddenly i jerked back, wanting to get away from the rotting corpse which i was holding for some apparent belief, reasoning that the lack of food and water with almost no sleep in such a cell has brought me to the brink of insanity.

bells ring outside of my cell, bringing me to slowly reach it with crawling attempts as well as a break of the corpse i was so recently embracing, that was not my angel who held brown eyes with a glimmer that could capture the clouds in their gaze. with my hands at the bars, i lifted my head over it just far enough to see the robes of a priest as well as the fancy uniforms of the town's duke showing that there's going to be a wedding that day. with a tilt to my head i looked around to find the bride, wondering who the lucky lady is since the duke is his best friend. "what yer doin' up thar?" chirks behind me, causing me to fall to the floor before being given a plate of food and a mug of ale. "you brought me mutton and ale... execution?" i ask the keeper, who nods sadly. "it be a darn shame that ye were in such a circumstance to be arrested." "thanks keeper, though do you know who the bride for the wedding will be?" "tis a shame..." i mulled it over while taking large bites from the mutton and drinking the ale before it hit me. the keeper didn't answer, and he only stays silent to me when i wouldn't want to know the answer to my question, and if that's the case... the duke is marrying my fiance.

it couldn't be... the duke... my angel... i think to myself, staring into the abbys of the mug which seems to reflect the dispair of my situation, showing the lost souls who befell in the presence of their own reflection from this mug. the keeper shakes his head before leaving me with my isolation, only wedding bells keeping me company and conversation alive. i was his knight, i was his prisoner, i was his fool. he only employed me to get her closer, he only had me in the same room was to keep suspicion from being aroused. why this entire time i was under his finger, moved like a pawn to the slaughter in order to bring a queen to the king's aid. he framed me as a theif, hid provisions that weren't mine in my quarters and searched with the gaurds while i was away to bring me under the law and to strike me out from his competition. it was him, not the others who wouldn't have such a reason to do so.

later, as i am walked to the gallows near the wedding i caught a glimps of my fiance, who turned her brown eyes to show that her glisten had vanished as tears run down her face. my eyes widened as hers did the same. from the front of the aisle she ran in her wedding gown, the train ripping and tearing on the rocks behind her. my neck found comfort with a rope which was noosed around it, the friction causing slight pain with the accompanying warmth. "farewell my angel," i whisper as she nears the gallows. my vision is shot straight forward and slowly up suddenly as my legs find no placement for the ground. my hands struggle to help my lungs and the lack of air reaching them by making attempts to breech the confines of the ropes. my fiance's eyes close as she screams out whilst crying, the duke in the background smiling slightly while everyone else is watching the 'criminal' be punished with his life. my feet go numb as my head begins to turn upside down, my lungs bursting into flame as my body can no longer make attempts to free itself, showing defeat to the theif who took my world for his own gain while the entire town watches thinking that he's the hero. no one is the savior today, not even the knight with shining armor.

Back
Top Bottom