Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unholy Resurrection (Interest check)

mainman

Supernova
Anyone interested in a game where cultists have found a way to resurrect powerful beings through science and the occult?

Basically, some cultists succeeded in the forbidden arts of unholy resurrection and started bringing back some of the top athletes/soldiers/mercenaries to help them to get to bigger named figures to resurrect. These cultists claim to be environmentalists to get the world to hear their message through carbon-friendly means by reducing the population. They believe that the answer lies in history and many of the smart people may have the solution but they died too early.

So the dead were dug up and resurrected to find a solution to our overpopulation problem and humans exploiting one another. Instead of having wars where some people benefit from the spoils, they wage war against humanity to reduce population and get humanity to unite against a bigger threat.

You can play anyone historical, the cultists started stealing mummies and are looking for Gengis Khan and other warlords as well, and all sorts of dead are brought to life. The dead are not exactly immortal, but they just do not die and continue to regenerate even when mortally wounded and come back after a while. This gives them unreasonable courage as they feel like immortals. They are also not exactly controlled by the cultists, and some ignore the mission, while others are interested to join as they just hate humanity and want vengeance.

Or you can play investigators trying to stop these creatures from taking over.

So you can be like Bruce Lee too? Or Joan of Arc?

Sounds interesting, let me think of which historical figure.

So these revived individuals, are they more zombie-like or did the process make it so that they're healthy (relatively) and functional?

I was thinking more healthy and functional, and can die again if totally destroyed. So they can be used to perform complex tasks...

Like the best safecracker that ever existed (that is dead) can be resurrected to take part in heists

Sounds good to me!

Wonder who I should play though...

Can some of these revived individuals just want to live their lives but get dragged in anyways?

Sounds good to me!

Wonder who I should play though...

Can some of these revived individuals just want to live their lives but get dragged in anyways?
'
Probably the cultists would negotiate something, and help the resurrected people to get used to the future?

They may be picked because they hate the world... Like "Jack the Ripper" may be resurrected to create chaos.

Say, a little question - can I play say, depict a male historical figure as a female or vice versa?
If no, can I do so if I have justification, such as them being suspected to actually be of opposite gender?

Also, what's the verdict on figures from myths, legends and folktales provided they're comparatively recent?

Even fictional characters are okay. This is a fictional world, the important thing is to enjoy the story!

Just make it sounds consistent.

The basic story arc is the cultists trying to reduce population. And the characters are summoned to create chaos, kill and destroy... And perhaps lied to that they are supposed to "follow the instructions", but clearly, some of the more powerful are harder to control.

And the antagonist trying to stop the "undead villains"

Character thread is up

If you want, perhaps 1 powerful being and 1 human?

One ancient figure huh?

Had a few selections for ancient guys. My first choice was Uesugi Kenshin.

Guess my second could be a genius boy trying to piece everything together from his wee room?

One ancient figure huh?

Had a few selections for ancient guys. My first choice was Uesugi Kenshin.

Guess my second could be a genius boy trying to piece everything together from his wee room?
or some guide teaching him technology and how things work...

Create a character, I'm starting the thread

or some guide teaching him technology and how things work...

Create a character, I'm starting the thread

Sorry, kinda in the middle of work. I'll clock off approx 4 hours, then I can start making it. Worst case scenario I'll start an hour or two after I clock off.

Thread is up, let's share some ideas, just setting the tone on how some of the recently resurrected would respond, and what the cult is up to.

Basically, the cult is using the resurrected to get more supernatural/magical items/relics to resurrect more to grow their power.

Anyone interested in a game where cultists have found a way to resurrect powerful beings through science and the occult?

Basically, some cultists succeeded in the forbidden arts of unholy resurrection and started bringing back some of the top athletes/soldiers/mercenaries to help them to get to bigger named figures to resurrect. These cultists claim to be environmentalists to get the world to hear their message through carbon-friendly means by reducing the population. They believe that the answer lies in history and many of the smart people may have the solution but they died too early.

So the dead were dug up and resurrected to find a solution to our overpopulation problem and humans exploiting one another. Instead of having wars where some people benefit from the spoils, they wage war against humanity to reduce population and get humanity to unite against a bigger threat.

You can play anyone historical, the cultists started stealing mummies and are looking for Gengis Khan and other warlords as well, and all sorts of dead are brought to life. The dead are not exactly immortal, but they just do not die and continue to regenerate even when mortally wounded and come back after a while. This gives them unreasonable courage as they feel like immortals. They are also not exactly controlled by the cultists, and some ignore the mission, while others are interested to join as they just hate humanity and want vengeance.

Or you can play investigators trying to stop these creatures from taking over.
Gengiz Khan had a huge harem and after returning he wants that back. That's all he cares about...
Works???

For most cases, summoning these historical figures back is not a good idea, but they are cultists, bringing fourth the end to restart... Chaos is part of the plan

Back
Top Bottom