Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Closed The Haunted Mansion [Urban Exploration, Paranormal Investigations] The Naked City Chronicles Chapter 1

Closed - no longer seeking

MsBloom

Moonchild
Currently no longer taking any new players. There will be new chapters of the Naked City Chronicles opening up in the future.

There are many places that lay claim to the title: Most Haunted House; but none can even begin to hold a candle to the old mansion that sits alone on a hill in the middle of Greenfield Park, overlooking lake Palmeer, or Mirkwater as it is commonly known.

This is the first chapter of an evolving and expanding story and will be based on two locations (The Haunted Mansion & Wonderland Sanatorium) from my Naked City RT.

Looking for 2-4 players to play as either Paranormal Investigators or Urban Explorers attempting to solve the mystery or even just explore the mansion for the experience. They will play against my main character for The Naked City (who will act as their guide, someone who knows a safe way into the mansion). I will also play any additional characters as they are needed, unless another player volunteers to do so.
Jane Marie, Jamie (Abbreviation of Jane Marie from before she could speak properly), was born to a junkie prostitute on the very day the earth had its first officially confirmed encounter with an extra terrestrial civilisation. Something Jamie herself has occasionally resorted to whenever she was living on the streets, along with pick pocketing and petty theft.

She was assigned female at birth but shortly before puberty her body began to show signs of male body parts. Despite this she still kept referring to herself as a girl and used the pronouns she and her.

The ability to camouflage herself against any surface and remain unseen by human eyes, as long as she kept perfectly still, first manifested itself on the same day she had her first and only period. The nightmares that didn't have the decency to remain dreams began shortly after. Soon after that she also developed telepathic abilities, heightened agility and a highly evolved intuition.

Drowning had always scared Jane Marie ever since she was a little girl and her mother had left her alone in the bath while she took care of a client. She couldn't have been more than four at the time and she had fallen asleep in the bath, too scared of what her mother would do if she disturbed her while she was working. She had been under water for a while before the client had found her when he went to the bathroom to piss. He had lifted her up and shaken her until she woke up and then he had pissed into the cold bath water. Before he had left he had smiled at her, ruffled her hair and said that there might come a day when she would curse him for saving her life. She couldn't honestly say that he cursed him for it but the way her life had turned out he was right. It might perhaps have been better if he had allowed her to drown that night.

She was removed from her mother's care at the age of six after several complaints among which one came from the above mentioned client of her mother's. Since there was no determinable father or grand parents Jamie ended up in the foster care system, a damaged child that lashed out against everyone that tried to help her or care for her as well as offering the male staff members sexual favours to get anything from cookies to cigarettes, alcohol or other drugs.

Add your characters here:
But please contact me first.

Plotting and planning goes here:

Last edited:
I'm interested in playing Dr. Lea Thomas probably as a Psychology professor at the local community college, but I'm open to other ideas. I'll develop her further once I know who else is playing.

So there is now a fourth player interested in joining the story. I welcome @SurreptitiousApple to the group and I think it is now time to start making characters and brainstorming the plot in the OoC, where you will also find a ling to the character thread.

Still open and looking for one or two more players to play either as Paranormal Investigators or Urban Explorers. Another option is to play as one of the street kids that has made som sort of home at the haunted mansion.

I am very interested in joining this RP, if you're indeed still looking for writers! I can get to work on a character right away if so.

By all means do. What kind of character are you thinking about?
I'm thinking an urban explorer with an amateur-ish interest in the paranormal. Someone who knows the streets, but might at times be a tad in over their heads when it comes to ghosts, and the like. She'll have encountered said hauntings at some point in her past, which has sparked her interest in becoming an investigator of them.

It looks great.

Kayce had trouble mourning in a healthy way for about two-years, wherein she indulged in some unsavory habits

This might be a way for Kayce to have come into contact with Jamie before. I'm not suggesting they are friends exactly but at least acquaintances, perhaps even at some point casual lovers.

It looks great.

This might be a way for Kayce to have come into contact with Jamie before. I'm not suggesting they are friends exactly but at least acquaintances, perhaps even at some point casual lovers.
Sure! I'm totally game for that being a part of their mutual past! 🙂

Back
Top Bottom