Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Your Caring Doctor (Fallen x Ritsuka)

Fallen

Moon
Doctor Gregory Lane was a man who took his practice very seriously, having suffered through years of schooling to get where he was standing right now. Which happened to be in a patient's room, with a clipboard in his hand. "Well Alex," he said, his voice coming out warm and caring as he cast his dark eyed gaze over the teenaged boy. "I believe this is the first time we've met, isn't it? I'm Doctor Lane...but you can call me Greg."

He flashed a smile that could only be called charming, and moved to take a seat on the examination table next to his young patient. It was only them in the room, but he wasn't concerned; even if there had been a nurse, everyone in this office knew that the Doctor preferred to be on a level with his patients, making them feel comfortable by behaving as if they were old friends. "Now..." His warm gaze took on a concerned feel. "How have you been feeling this past week?"

Alex smiled gently and sat up a little. "Pleasure to meet you Greg." his voice was soft and a bit weak. "I..I've been doing better, no more attacks since last check up. I think the new medication they have me on is helping." Alex was 2 weeks old when his family found out his heart was bad, they tried all they could to raise him and pay for the doctor bills, but in that they neglected their own health and he was the only one left of his immediate family, a grandfather had taken him in and had raised the boy till he was 18. The boy seemed like he was on his own now that his grandfather was ill as well.

"Attacks?" Greg asked, the concern re-entering his voice as he arched an eyebrow. This was the first time he had handled Alex, the boy (to the best of his knowledge) had been seeing a different doctor, an old man who had recently admitted that he was getting too weary to be doing what he was doing, and retired. Thus this attractive young man was now his patient. His responsibility. He was aware of the medication Alex was taking. It was on record. But he'd never heard of any such 'attacks' -- and he didn't like the sound of them. "Explain these 'attacks', if you will, Alex. What are they like?"

He nodded and looked down quietly. "Well to give you an example, lets say I was running. My heart wold soon beat very fast then it can end up stopping for minutes at a time and it can just be a sudden onset of pain and I'll be down." He looked up at the other eventually and tried to smile.

Back
Top Bottom