Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What is the last video game you completed to the end credits?

Xenoblade Chronicles, couldn't put it down near the end and played waaay too much today!

Also Mass Effect 1 (via the LE)

Probably the series with some of the best-written characters in gaming history for me, Garrus is my number one alien husbando fr fr.

The game is much better than the OG release for many, many reasons that'd take pages to discuss.

Mass Effect 2 (LE).
Previously Mass Effect 1 (LE).
Next one will be Mass Effect 3 (LE). ;)

Damn I feel so called out... I'm one of those buy million games and play them all at the same time or get hooked on multi player games. .. Little Nightmares 2 and almost done Tales of Arise

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Tales of Arise is up next.
It interested me because there are lots of VAs I liked, but Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has me busy.

How is it? May need to check it out somewhen.

Also, ToA is my RPG of the year so far.

How is it? May need to check it out somewhen.

My thoughts are generally positive. I think the story and visual novel aspects are good -- I like the art style and aesthetics and everything is well presented. I'm not so keen on the battle mechanics. I'm not saying they're bad, just not really my thing. I'm not super into strategy, but it's not difficult, so I was able to get through okay. It's also kinda slow-paced -- not something I found myself rushing through or gripped by.

Generally I'd say it's worth checking out, but only if you're already interested in that kind of niche anime-sci-fi genre. If you're not, there might not be enough there to grab you. Maybe worth waiting for a sale, checking out on YouTube, or waiting until you have a gap in your game backlog.

I just finished the Harebrained Schemes Turn Based Battletech games story mode, finally. It's a bit of a slog in terms of difficulty but if you like fantasy tropes applied to hard scifi it NAILS the universe and the mechs are really big and tanky which is a nice break from zoom zoom gundams and stuff. Also they do a really good job with their villains. 100/10 very hateable.

I actually just got done playing a game called VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action. Was a pretty fun game, good music, interesting storyline.

CrossCode. Admittedly turned down the combat difficulty towards then end because I was having such a frustrating time with the fights and I just wanted to finish the story.

My thoughts are generally positive. I think the story and visual novel aspects are good -- I like the art style and aesthetics and everything is well presented. I'm not so keen on the battle mechanics. I'm not saying they're bad, just not really my thing. I'm not super into strategy, but it's not difficult, so I was able to get through okay. It's also kinda slow-paced -- not something I found myself rushing through or gripped by.

Generally I'd say it's worth checking out, but only if you're already interested in that kind of niche anime-sci-fi genre. If you're not, there might not be enough there to grab you. Maybe worth waiting for a sale, checking out on YouTube, or waiting until you have a gap in your game backlog.

Thank you so much for the quick review! Admittedly my summer will be spent splitting my time between three behemoths (Fire Emblem Warriors : Three Hopes, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Soul Hackers 2) so I will in all likelihood be holding off on other purchases until I have exhausted them, which will take a while as I don't normally rush through games if I can help it, part of the reason my backlog is massive lmao.

Everything you described is right up my alley so I will 100% consider getting it when it's discounted, Sci-Fi/Mecha is one of- if not my favorite genre out there, I was very gripped and tempted by the previews I saw online but as usual, TTRPGs get shitty release windows and low stocks over here.

If we even get 'em translated, that is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom