Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts 2022 OOC

Sorry I'm a little slow posting but I will get to them this weekend if not before.

im going to try my hand at other games, so I won’t be writing for Delilah anymore. :3 good luck all! enjoy !

Hi Lea, that's very sweet of you. I do not know the details of the planned plot as I was sort of called into that scene as well; Saber might. However, I think it's wiser to end that one now, although I still haven't spoken to them yet.

I may simply create a professor, not sure, but we'll figure it out. Thank you though!

Thank you for letting us know.

@Doctor Manhattan looks like you have a clean slate to get started. Personally I liked your student but if you want to add a professor you are certainly welcome. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Okay, sounds good. I like my student also, just don't want to hop in to anyone's scenes randomly. I'll see what would work and I'm sure we'll discuss it as well. You've been very helpful and I appreciate that.

A little later today I'll see what the best option is going forward and go from there.

Today might be a good time for me to launch a DADA class scene, so that might be a possibility. Anyone is welcome to add their thoughts as well as it is still somewhat formative in my mind.

@Frogger @Charming Primrose @kckolbe @TheCorsair @Red Day @TabithaVaush @SMG9000 @SagittariusX @Silverbird @Ahlanna @Doctor Manhattan

Wow, that's a lot of people, I hope I got everyone that is still active.

I wrote a start for a DADA class that is open to everyone, including other professors. Please feel free to write a post or if you have questions, let me know. It is intended as a bit of a playground for us, doesn't need a huge plot just an excuse for our characters to interact and hopefully spin off some other scenes.

Thank you so much for doing that, @LeaT . It worked perfectly and I did post there as well. I look forward to seeing how it progresses and please feel free to interact with my character, whoever else joins. Anything else can be discussed in private as far as direction/sensuality goes.

I'm not sure how we best want to resolve things like spells here since this isn't a system game. I wouldn't be opposed to rolling on the honor system, or perhaps the OP (original poster) of each thread resolves things for their scene. I am going to assume teachers will have significant but not total advantage. If anyone is particularly concerned about things in the DADA thread, please let me know. Otherwise I will take some liberties with results to keep the story going.

I don't need to roll, in this case. The rest we can handle internally versus rolling. I'd rather not introduce that as much as simply allow the leeway between one partner and another.

Amir happens to be a good sport, yes, and will take his defeat like a good boy - but remember the lesson well. xD

We could use the T1 fighting style. Some might not be accommodated with it, but I often know that in this format, T1 works better.

Just my suggestion.

Me neither but after a quick google search, I am interested.

This might be a great place to experiment with it, but I doubt we will be very proficient so I suggest being very forgiving.

I will look it up, sure; I'm happily willing to learn if that works best. I agree that forgiving and patient is the best option but I think we can manage that.

I'll check it out now.

We won't be perfect, of course! As long as you have fun with it, that's all that matters. πŸ₯° We also don't have to follow the rules although some are worth following.

@kckolbe; If I explain it, you will be very, very confused. :ROFLMAO: I recommend searching it on Google or your preferred search engine.

We won't be perfect, of course! As long as you have fun with it, that's all that matters. πŸ₯° We also don't have to follow the rules although some are worth following.

@kckolbe; If I explain it, you will be very, very confused. :ROFLMAO: I recommend searching it on Google or your preferred search engine.
If you have a favored reference, feel free to share a link so we are all seeing the same thing. I've been RPing a long time and I never heard of it, so I assume others haven't as well.

But yea, let's just have fun with it!

If you have a favored reference, feel free to share a link so we are all seeing the same thing. I've been RPing a long time and I never heard of it, so I assume others haven't as well.

But yea, let's just have fun with it!
I haven't written T-1 in FOREVER but I remember loving it because seeing what I could come up with or others were always exciting!

Below are not my own written words but just to give everyone an idea:

T1​

Paragraph, turn-based fighting.

T1 is a type of fighting style generally used by people on LRA. These people are generally the more serious RPers. It is based off the idea that the paragraphs you use should appear to come out of a book using detailed descriptions so that the people watching can 'see' what is happening in chat to make Role Playing a more enjoyable experience.

T1 is probably the hardest way to role-play if you are not good at being descriptive. T1 is turn-based, so you have to wait for your opponent to finish typing his/her attack.

In a T1 match, your opponent can strike you. You have the ability to reverse the attack or take the hit and come back with one of your own.

In T1, you can only type one attack each paragraph. If you type more than one attack in a paragraph, you will be disqualified. You may need to type more than one paragraph, so when this is needed, use <C> at the end and beginning of your paragraph. Once you complete your attack/entrance, put an <E> at the end to symbolize the finalization of your paragraph.

Example:

John: (paragraph) Attacks!

Tim: (paragraph) Defends/avoids/takes-the-hit, counter attacks.

John: (paragraph) Defends/avoids/takes-the-hit, counter attacks.​

Basic Rules for T1​

1> You must use proper grammar and punctuation.

2> No typos allowed. Your post is void if you typo or misspell; it is then the other person's turn.

(Most groups and partners are lenient on this, but try to reread your post a couple times before submitting it)

3> All moves must be written in the future tense. Nothing done, only suggested.

4> Your post must be over one paragraph long.

5> You cannot block then start an attack in the same move. However, counters are allowed.

You can make moves as long as you want; there is no limit.

6> Stay in character. You must follow all the weaknesses, strengths, personality, and back story that you have prepared for your character. There is no changing powers or equipment after it has been accepted.

7> In the first post of a duel, you must explain everything your character can use or has on them. Changing or adding anything is a form of godmodding and is extremely frowned upon.

8> Using more than your allowed action time leaves room for interruption. Average time in game is 6 seconds per action; meaning the more you do, the longer it takes. In their next post they may interrupt your last action, voiding it completely or causing it to fail in some way.​

I'm down to learn the system; I was looking at this thread for reference.

It's a complex system and not easy to learn immediately, but I will work on familiarizing myself with it. In the meantime I'm cool with simply discussing it and I have no problems about losing/defeat in a duel context as such (as I fed into that already with Amir's inner monologue). So it's all good, we can just talk about it. Here or in PMs as needed.

It'll be all fun, and that post seems good to me.

Back
Top Bottom