Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tsubasa Chronicles: Tokyo Remix (AU: Kurogane X Fai) [EDDE X FavoredFox)

EDDE

Logic better pray I don't kick its ass too!
So much time had past. Time that also felt like none at all.

There was a time. A cool night breeze. A castle. A simple reflecting pool. The witch staring back up at him through it.

"The truth, is it?" The discomfort that should have come to sapphire eyes at the revelation was hidden behind crecented lids formed by the far too friendly smile that tended to keep itself plastered to his face. He'd run lithe fingers through his long blonde bangs in an attempt to hide his hesitation. "My, that certainly is a high price, isn't it?"

He'd given it to her though. It was worth it at the time. Then again, if it hadn't been, it wouldn't have been the price to begin with.

"...Tell me about your current predicament."
"Ah, so you do want truths you already know as well then..."

And on they'd gone once answered.

"... And why is it you're making this particular wish?"
"Well that one is certainly easy. I feel as though you're attempting to lull me into a false sense of security here..."

There hadn't been as many questions as he was expecting. And eventually the tone of their conversation had shifted.

"...Now, given what I just revealed to you Fai, I want you to explain to me how that other wish of yours could possibly make any sense."
"I knew it... I suppose it can't be helped..." His demeanor at that time had changed quite drastically. But he'd continued since he knew it was the final line of questioning. "I can't allow myself to simply die off. Not with what's at stake if that were to happen any time soon. That other wish of mine comes first and foremost, and I won't allow myself to have this one until it's been fulfilled... However. If for some reason or another I were to be stricken down by forces beyond my own control, I would greet my wish to die just as gratefully as any other. Possibly just as much as you would given your own circumstance. It just so happens that a death like that would, unfortunately, be tainted with far more regret than I've ever had in this horrible life."

There were times, both before and after, of tender flesh mingling sensually with rough skin. Sweet, happy mewls melting together with low, warm grunts. A beautiful pleasure he'd never allowed himself to have in the past. A pleasure, and a time, that he could no longer allow himself to have in going forward.

More recently, another time. A moment of desperation where he'd been willing to forego everything; his other wishes, selfish desires, the wellbeing of the ones he'd loved for so long, everything he'd worked for. Even knowing what it meant for him, he'd still all but begged his crimson eyed companion to simply let him die. For their wishes, their own desires, for the wellbeing of those he'd gotten far too close to and everything they'd worked for. Because he truly knew what it meant for them if the wish he was making at that moment wasn't granted.

It wasn't. And it burned him to his very core.

As it stood now, time was moving on once again. Irreparable change would taint it. And he knew far too well how much worse things would be getting from here.

--

"Welcome to a new world!" Mokona did her best to sing her usual happy tune as rabbit-like feet touched the new ground for the first time.

Fai decided to repay the favor, his voice ringing out gently in its ever sweet tune as a broad smile stretched its way across his face. "I certainly hope we've ended up better off than the last time." A chuckle pierced his chest that was perky, but still somewhat hollow, as the distortion around them began to melt away to reveal their new surroundings.

Even before the beautiful forest that surrounded them came into view, the sounds of insects and birds, life of all kinds skittering through the brush, and the gentle sway of leaves wafting in the wind managed to relax the tensity in his shoulders just the slightest bit. Already, it was so much better than the still, stagnant air of Tokyo. At this point, he couldn't have even brought himself to ask for this much of a treat.

"Lovely," he sighed.

In neglecting to have a look over toward Kurogane to see his reaction due to the soreness just turning his gaze on him caused at the moment, he abruptly turned himself bodily toward the two children they travelled with. He'd taken a breath to make a gentle comment on the sad state the heavily injured party was currently in, but was forced to pause when his beautiful flourite blue eye landed instead on their distinct lack of being there. He looked around slowly, and surely enough they were nowhere in sight.

Tensity raced through him again. "Now Mokona," it was meant to be a gentle scolding in that same sweet tune of his, but as he stared at the spot where their companions should be, it took on a slightly darker tone that reflected his immense worry; one that had wiped that cooky smile right off his pretty face. "Surely it wasn't the best time for this again."

He knew the moment his attention had set there that they'd need to find them soon. Every single one of them was injured, each moreso than the last. The need already had him opening his newly gained senses in preparation. And had a bright gold color puddling into, and taking over the natural state of his eye.

Last edited:
At least they hadn't landed in a piled heap this time... Kurogane ached from the tips of his toes up to the top of his head, which was pounding. Out of the four of them, he had garnered the least amount of physical damage but that didn't mean he was up for their usual dog pile when changing dimensions; and the other three would have wound up even more injured than they already were. Sakura's bloodied body, Syaoran's... the new Syaoran's weakened state, and Fai...

Something gripped at his chest, reaching inside the rib cage to claw at his heart. Fai was likely the worst off of all of them. The small wound on his wrist burned as he thought of the vampire's blood dripping into his own to be fed to the mage. The mage who didn't want it. Kurogane turned to look at his companion and tried not to flinch at that empty smile. He knew he should say something, but no words came. An apology was out of the question. It would be an empty lie, and Fai would be able to tell with ease.

He was given a distraction in probably the worst possible way. It only took a moment to scan the area to realize that their young companions were nowhere to be seen, and his own worry matched Fai's. Sakura was hurt, and not just slightly either, and he didn't exactly trust this new Syaoran to keep her safe the way he had the fake Syaoran. Or maybe this one was the fake? Did it really matter? The kid he knew was gone.

Kurogane grit his teeth and reached out to snag Mokona by the cheeks. He pulled the little creature's face cruelly. "So," he started with an irritated growl. Mokona struggled in his grasp and kicked her little feet.

"Owowowow!" She complained, flailing her arms and ears.

Kurogane ignored the squirming and just pinched her harder. "Where are they?"

"Mo-Mokona doesn't know!" She answered.

"Are they even here?!"

"Mokona doesn't know!" She cried again, and squealed out as Kurogane pulled harder on her face.

Irritation prickled up his spine and raised the small hairs on the back of his neck as Kurogane captured the little meat bun and began torturing it in a way that was little worse than anything usual. The sound of the odd animal's cry drove in under his skin much deeper than it usually might, her distress sounding sharper than usual to sensitive ears.

Fai turned and stalked over to the two, the new tell that made it impossible to hide his annoyance in that golden change to his eye when it happened landing a flat, bland look on Kurogane. He reached out, grasping the thin skin of the back of his hand between gloved fingers and gave it a twisting pinch in retaliation for the defenseless creature in his hands, swooping in with his free hand in the same moment to snatch her away.

The pinch only lasted as long as it took for him to capture Mokona and tug her away from him, pulling back to take a supportive hold on the little manju bun in nothing more than a familiar fashion. He didn't say anything to the shorter male, though the slitted pupil of his golden eye travelled over him bodily for a short moment before he made the sharp movement of turning away from him entirely, the movement accented by a short, tisked, "Ch."

Picking up the deformed bunny to hold her closer to his face, Fai pulled a gentle smile across his lips and recalmed his voice in order to premtively deescalate what could become a very familiar scene of playful bickering they really didn't have time for right now; and given the mood of things lately, there was also the risk of that bickering not being playful in the least that he wanted to avoid.

"Mokona can you sense Princess Sakura at all?" The push was gentle, forced through a need to move things along and stay on track. "Remember, it's a very similar feeling to her feathers," he reminded while trying not to sound patronizing.

Fai didn't make it a full ten paces away from Kurogane. Through a catch and misstep, his legs quite suddenly gave up on him, landing him in a straight tumble right down onto his knees. "Oh...?" The surprised noise came as he looked down at himself, then sat the rest of the way down on them with a soft sigh.

Of course.

Mokona gave a delighted little gasp suddenly while still held securly in his hands, then wiggled free of him and bounced about on the ground. "Yuuko wants to talk to us!" The excitement was perfectly normal from her as her jewel lit up and beamed the vision of the woman over her head. "Yuuko~!"

Yuuko smiled lightly down on the little creature. "Hello Mokona." Her attention turned to the other two as she greeted them repectively. "Kurogane, Fai."

Kurogane grunted at the sharp pinch to his hand. It wasn't the pain in his hand that made him flinch, it was the bright golden eye glaring him down. It wasn't right. It wasn't natural; but, could he really expect things to just go back to the way they were? No. He couldn't. A strange feeling clenched his chest. It felt a little like guilt, but that couldn't be it. He had no right to feel guilty when he knew for a fact that he would make the same decision again. He relinquished the fur-ball to Fai's loving arms, and turned his gaze away as Fai tisked at him in annoyance.

He grit his teeth and could imagine his molars cracking as they ground together. He wanted to say something, but even if he could find the words he couldn't bring himself to speak up. After all... Despite not regretting his decision, he did know that his actions had consequences on his comrade that weren't asked for or accepted. In fact Fai had rejected his help adamantly.

He choked down a furious growl as the witch's name was brought up, but he couldn't hide his nasty glare when Yuuko came into sight. He knew his anger was misdirected. She'd done exactly what was asked of her. She saved Fai's life, and his own payment had been fair... But he had no one else to turn it on. The 'new' Syaoran was nowhere to be seen, and even that wouldn't have been fair.

"So," he snapped. "What price do we have to pay for you to tell us where the kids are?"

"Don't be rude, Kurogane." The naturally gentle tone of scolding didn't come with any harsh look from the mage. though to be fair, it didn't come with one at all. Fai's attention was on the image of the woman over head of him.

Yuuko chuckled lightly, her attention placed down on him rather than Kurogane as well. She'd come to expect such outbursts from him after all this time. However... "That certainly is a mouth full coming from the rather hateful look you just had to offer me yourself, Fai."

A chuckle, considerably closer to a norm no one was sure might return at this point, puffed out warmly from his chest. "Yes, well. Please excuse my change in manner. It's something I find myself unable to control just yet."

"I see," she mentioned disinterestedly as her own gold eyes drew back over to Kurogane. "Come over here," she added. "I'm sure you can hear me just fine, but I almost feel as if I need to hollar to include you." Her attention shifted back down for a moment when Fai's form visibly stiffened, an amused look crossing her face. "Careful Fai," she warned in a tease. "I might just think to make a game out of it."

With a soft sigh Fai turned his attention back down to Mokona. He lifted her back to his chest and began gently petting her bhind an ear. The soft smile and gently pleased look that encompassed his face as his pretty sapphire orb absorbed her adoring reaction might have been almost comical in how normal it looked despite the black patch covering the marred portion of his face. "Yuuko," he mentioned lightly since he'd managed to calm himself down after an underlying warning he was given by the woman only the two of them understood was well received. "What is it you can tell us about Syraoran and Princess Sakura?"

"Oh? 'Princess' is it, now? How formal." The curious question was only landed on for as long as it took to mention it. Then her attention was shifting back to Kurogane. After all, she expected a worse reaction out of him than Fai considering how little he understood of the rules. "Well," she told the darker haired male almost on his own. "I can at least offer that they are currently safe. However--"

"Information for information," Fai interjected abruptly. His smile had faded some, but the relief of hearing they were safe couldn't wipe it away completely. He knew the limitations, as they had all been made aware there were now. However, unlike Kurogane, he also knew exactly what was needed to get around them when it was possible. He continued petting Mokona variously. "Would that be suitable?"

Yuuko was quiet for a long moment before her attention once again fell on the swordsman. "That's fine," she offered smoothly. "I will only ask of you what is required for what I can afford. However..." In a bodily turn that faced her fully toward the Ninja from where she was seated, she looked him over carefully. "This is a wish you both desire despite how oddly you've chosen to mention as much. Kurogane, Fai's payment will be to speak. It might be hard for him to do so, but I'm afraid your payment will be a great deal harder." she leveled a rather serious look on him. Kurogane had been privvy to the last conversation she'd had with Fai like this, whether Fai knew as much or not. The last time Kurogane had had every right to simply walk away from that conversation. This time, though... "Your payment will be to listen."

Kurogane turned his head with an irritated tisk of his own. A sound and action meant to hide yet another flinch. 'Kurogane.' It was his name. Fai said his full name, which is what he'd been snapping about since they first met, but now? That simple mention of his name felt more like a dagger to the gut. His eyes shut tight and his fists clenched. "Fine," he grunted, smoothing his features out enough to seem at least somewhat like himself.

He didn't stand beside Fai, though he wanted to. He found himself yearning for the mage's warmth. He wanted to feel Fai nearby, to hear his heart beat, to prove to himself that the man he'd come to care for so much was still alive. Instead, he kept a yard of space between them; because Fai didn't want to be near him even remotely. It was clear to see in that tension that wracked the mages body at his mere mention.

He found himself jealous of Mokona. The little fluff ball was soaking in Fai's attention like a damp sponge. It was so natural. So normal. His fists clenched again. He couldn't relax them this time, and his nails dug into his palms hard enough to bite. Knowing the kids were safe gave him some relief, but it left him able to focus more on himself and Fai. And damnit, he didn't want to.

His expression hardened when Fai went ahead and tried to make another deal. 'Information for information.' Whatever the hell that meant. What did they know that the dimensional witch didn't? Yuuko's attention fell on him, and the burning, icy glare he gave her was piercing. His price... He'd already paid a price, and it wasn't the fact that he had become Fai's game. It was the knowledge that Fai now despised him. "Listen?" He tried not to spit the word, but he failed.

Listen to what? To Fai's wish for death? Why?

"If they're safe, then we can find them on our own." And yet, he didn't move away. He wanted to. He wanted to stalk off into the forest and let Fai chat with his new best friend. Hell, the mage could probably barter his way into the information he wanted to find Princess Sakura. Why the hell did that bother him so damn much?! "Why should I listen?" The question wasn't directed at the witch, even though he continued to stare her down. He just couldn't bring himself to look at Fai.

Yuuko did the looking for Kurogane, a slight tilt to her head. After all, Fai knew how this worked. Kurogane might be satisfied enough with the answer she'd given so far, but the offer of information was still something that the proper price was needed for; whether or not Kurogane stuck around to hear it first hand. Serious golden eyes turned down on the attention their affectionate 'pet' was soaking up. Or rather, she payed attention to the pout that hit Mokona's face when it paused.

Fai's tense stance slackened as he stared blindly down at the creature and he was quiet for a good moment. A thought came to mind. At that very second he could easily turn things around on his crimson eyed companion. After all, Kurogane had very recently gone ahead and made a wish all on his own that effected them both in a much greater capacity. He couldn't help but chuckle lightly at it, even. Or perhaps it was at the fact that he let the thought go just as quickly as it had invaded his mind. Despite how he had been treating the man so far, guilt from him was never a part of what he was after.

"Silly man," he sighed out lightly, perfectly pleased that his exasperation sounded as incredibly forced as it was in that moment. "You react so differently than I would ever guess to so many things, I doubt I'll ever be able to peg you down just right." He turned his head toward him part way in the slightest offering, allowing him to see the calm look on his face he hadn't been allowed to see nearly since he'd woken up in his new form. He didn't look at him. He didn't quite have that in him just yet; though perhaps if he steeled himself as he did now as he spoke, he'd be able to give him something.

After all, he didn't hate the man despite what he might like him to think. And to be perfectly fair, he had the impression that Yuuko wouldn't allow him to hide behind that facade all that much longer if he was reading her words correctly. "If The Witch of Demensions, the universe, and even the person meant to speak themselves were all telling me to open my ears..." A slightly teasing smile pulled itself across his lips. "And close my very large mouth..." It spread a bit for that last addition. "I would certainly do it."

He set Mokona down and settling for landing a hand atop her head and not much else, without taking the side view from his companion. "Granted," he added softly without meaning for his words to hit home quite as hard as they could. "I am not you. And it isn't my decision to make."

There was an invisible preen that rolled through Kurogane's body with that exasperated sigh sent his way. He just managed to look through the corner of his eyes to see Fai looking in his general direction. His eye was blue again. That beautiful blue he enjoyed getting lost in during moments of lust and passion. That, and the slightly softer expression on Fai's face brought about a sense of calm, and then the mage smiled at him. It wasn't forced and painful, in fact it was just as playful as it used to be. Kurogane felt his hands relax, and his nails pulled from his palms to leave deep crescent marks that didn't quite pierce the skin.

That little tease was enough to relax Kurogane into a slight smirking smile as well. "You mean the Stuck Up Bitch and the Dumb Ass with a death wish?" It was all he could do. He couldn't linger on Fai's final jab, not when it hit home in such a painfully perfect manner.

Considering it wasn't meant as a jab, it was a good thing his final comment was glossed over. It left room for a better change in flow of the conversation.

The teasing smirk he'd had to offer rounded into a light smile as he turned a soft look onto the man who suddenly seemed to hold the power to infuriate him lately. He wasn't even close to that feeling as he landed his sight on him though. While Kuro tended to watch his mouth and manners for the most part when the children were around, the rough and textured demeanor Fai was much more used to when they were alone was far too close to the norm not to fall into just a little. The foul language was something he secretly enjoyed the raven haired man wearing even more than his own polite demeanor would ever allow him to admit.

"Basically," he all but chuckled.

It took a moment, but not a very long one. A short gust of wind whistled across the scene covering the group and rustled the leaves around them soundly before that big blue eye widened sharply, and that light smile turned into something decidedly awkward. "Oh..." Came the sudden sound of recognition as Fai was quick to slap his hand over his mouth and turn that silly look of his up on Yuuko.

The part of the comment about her had barely even registered when he'd so readily agreed. It was more than obvious he hadnt meant anything at all by it, and how very bothered he was as he recognized his accidental rudeness. The only reaction the woman watching the interaction could muster as the scene unfolded before her was to chuckle lightly at it in her amusement at how it played out. The sound only grew a little heavier as Fai was quick to drop a guilty look into his own lap as an embarrassed heat flushed itself across his face.

"It's nice to see the two of you do still have some life in you after what you've been through, at least. It could be hard to guess given the state you're still in." She wouldn't charge Kurogane for his rude mention this time. Kurogane was Kurogane; it was too nice to see such a relaxed reaction from him for it offend properly.

Her words sparked new recognition in Fai, having him once again turning his attention over to the swordsman; also allowing him a full view of his concern as it washed over his face. "She said they're safe for now," he explained lightly toward Kurogane's earlier question on the price.

"That doesn't mean they'll remain that way. The more we know about their condition the better. The more we know about their location and further safety, even moreso." His companion deserved a proper answer to his question, after all. He respected both the situation and the man enough to give it to him. And he knew it would be appreciated no matter what the response to his change of subject back to hand would be.

Still, he might have waited just a bit longer to change it more than needed in hopes of getting to hear a sound he missed more than he was willing to admit given Yuuko's reaction. A sound that it was a great deal his own fault he hadn't heard recently.

Last edited:
The chuckle was a nice sound, but Kurogane didn't have the ability to revel in it. How could he, when the mage had not only just called himself a dumb ass, but also Yuuko a stuck up bitch? A strange noise caught behind Kurogane's nose. It was similar to a snort, but didn't quite reach it. Fai covered his mouth with an embarrassed sound, and his cheeks burned, and Kurogane lost it. His lips babbled against each other before his mouth opened wide in pure, guttural laughter that boomed from his chest. He laughed hard enough for his cheeks to ache and his stomach to pinch. He even pointed a finger at the mage. "You, you," he couldn't finish his sentence as he bubbled into another fit of chortles.

The scene was funny, but not that funny. Still, the familiar moment brought about a joy in his chest that just kept his laughter going up until the point Fai started to speak again. He panted lightly and muffled some residual snickering while still intently listening to his comrade. Fai was giving him what he'd asked for after all.

Kurogane cleared his throat and let out a final amused sigh before he corrected himself. He couldn't hold back the smile on his lips, but he contained his breathing and righted his posture, then lifted his right leg to let himself plop down onto the grass, both hands on his knees. He still felt as if the knowledge they had was enough. Sakura had come into herself in Tokyo, and this new Syaoran had the skills to protect her if need be. Though he would admit that he didn't trust the guy. "Alright," he agreed with a nod. He couldn't deny Fai, not when the man looked so concerned, and not when the price seemed so simple. "Start talking 'Dumb Ass.'" He paused for a second. "Actually, first," his attention turned away from the mage to look up at the witch. "Is it within your... whatever, to send us some booze to share?"

For as long as he'd allowed himself to soak in the laughter pointed at him, he'd kept that mouth well covered. It hid the silly smile that was threatening to cross his own face quite well; the fact that it brought a bit more heat to his face had also helped.

Kurogane calmed down and plopped himself down on the ground and Fai tilted his head lightly at the change he'd managed to cause in the scene by the simply gesture he'd had to offer. It told him just as much as he already knew about the mood he was causing to befall their group, let alone the stark coldness he'd managed to press in between him and his far too close companion in the last day or so. He knew he had to remain hard, but he couldn't help but want to find some semblance of normal for them to share while keeping his goal of not getting too close all over again.

He was told to start talking and his eye went a bit wide in a slight panic. That wasn't how it worked, he knew it wasn't, but that didn't stop him from recognizing just how little he knew where he could possibly start in the first place. Luckily the attention was lifted off of him almost instantly.

"I suppose it doesn't got against 'my whatever' to offer a pair of weary travelers a bit of a gifted treat," she mentioned coyly.

"Ooh! Ooh! Yuuko!" Came a small, gravelly little voice from the other end of their connection. There was a slight shuffle and light clang of glass on glass. "This one, this one! This is Mokona's favorite!" A curious sapphire eye landed up on the new voice before his memory corrected his confusion and reminded him that there had, in fact, been two Mokonas in Yuuko's hands that first day they had all met.

Mokona jumped up and waved her tiny arms excitedly. "Other Mokona!" She called cheerily. "Mokona misses you so muuuch~"

"Mokona misses you too," was given back. However a cocky little chuckle that almost matched her own voice if not for how grated it was is what followed. "Other Mokona, you can't have any of this. You're not allowed to drink. Plus it's way too strong for someone like you." Which made Mokona pout at being teased so meanly.

Yuuko chuckled lightly and nodded her head gently. "Here," the small voice added. "Take this and give it to your friends." Not a couple of moments later Mokona's mouth opened up large and the transdimentional rift had her spitting out melting reality to land a cute little tray filled with a fancy sake set safely on the ground in front of Fai's knees.

"I won't bore you with the details," Yuuko offered up warmly. "But that sake was given to me by some of the best makers in the universe. Mokona has very good taste, after all." She reached out her hand below the visible line of their connection and could really only be offering the other Mokona a gentle pet judging by its happy sound.

She noticed the awkward look Fai gave the tray as he turned to hold it out lightly to Kurogane, who could only reach it if he brought himself closer for them to share after all, and answered a question for him that he was far too uncomfortable to ask. "Don't worry, Fai." When he turned a lost look up on her for the sudden notice she simply smiled that gentle but catty smile of hers. "It may be a very new form with very new rules that govern it now, but you can still eat and drink as you previously could. Although, to be fair I'm not entirely sure how your body will react to alcohol given its change."

He offered a quiet nod before turning his attention back over to Kurogane as he set the tray down beside him in invitation. "I suppose we'll all find out together then." He had little doubt Kuro would want to pour the little dishes. Fai had gotten much better at doing it himself, but by now he knew there was a rhythm to this particular activity that his friend liked to follow. It was something from his culture after all, not Fai's. And with how well things were turning out right at the moment despite what he knew was coming next, he didn't want to risk making some sort of stupid mistake that might set them back due to a perceived slight.

"I hope you realize," she teased at them both even though she was decidedly more interested in Kurogane's reaction from where her attention sat. "This officially makes me more generous than the both of you. That seems a little sad given who you're dealing with."

Kurogane couldn't stop a grin from forming on his face as saki (very fucking good saki,) was sent over to them. He'd long gotten over the fact that it all came from Mokona's big mouth. He didn't hesitate even a moment before getting close to Fai and pouring them each a cup. It wasn't just the alcohol that got him so eager. As much as he needed a goddamn drink, he was happier about having an excuse to get closer to the mage. Ever since Fai had woken up, there had been a gap of space between them.

He took the tray and set it between them, forcing them to face each other. Then, he lifted the bottle, popped it open, and gave it a light sniff. His tongue tingled and his mouth watered at the biting scent softened by a slightly fruity tang. He turned over the chokos and filled them each with the clear, plumb rice wine.

Kurogane placed the bottle down with an irritated twitch in his eyebrow. "It was the least you could do. Stuck up Bitch," he grumbled under his breath with an angry pout. Still, he lifted a choko and held it out, expecting Fai to touch their glasses together in a clink. His pout became a playful smirk. "Don't worry. If you get shit faced, I won't let you roll yourself down a cliff."

Fai only had a sheepish look to offer her for their 'scolding, watching as the dishes and hands moving them about intently as ever as Kuro poured them their drinks. Even though he'd seen it several times before and knew the rhythm by heart, he simply couldn't bring himself to feel confident in pouring their drinks when it came to sake. Though he knew why that was in the first place. It dint matter though, as it was fit for Kurogane to do the job. It tended to set a mood; one he was hoping to maintain for as long as possible in order to make this question and answer session go smoother.

Fai allowed his overly long sleeves to cover his gloved hands as he picked the small dish up within thumb and forefinger of each delicately and lifted it to touch lips with the one being offered out to him. It took him a slightly struggling moment, not because he was seething at the man as he had been as of late, but because he was worried what his reaction might be upon turning his soft blue eye back up on his face. Despite the feral anger that had a tendency to set itself in his belly upon even looking at him lately, he found himself barely having to force his tired lips to spread into their more natural smile. He was grateful for it. More than half of the vitriol he had pointed in Kurogane's direction as of late had been a purely uncontrollable aggression he'd come to realize might have come with this new form of his.

That gentle smile of his turned its attention over to Yuuko who sat in the image at their side. He lifted the small dish just an inch further in offering to her as well. "Thank you very much," he offered in as polite a tone as he ever did.

The dark haired woman lifted her own choko in response, turning her attention from Fai over to Kurogane in polite return of the invite she'd been offered by Fai. And she didn't take her drink until it was returned, grumpily or not.

Once they had all had a drink, Yuuko's attention turned back toward the blonde, whose smile faltered slightly and whom quickly busied himself with pouring their second round carefully past his sleeves. "This is wonderful," he attempted to compliment.

She waited for a few silent moments before nodding softly and allowing her own face to fall neutral as she poured herself another choko as well. "No need for pomp and circumstance," she offered lightly. "The first thing we are going to be discussing is blame."

Fai's smile was lost as he paled slightly upon setting the ceramic jug down. "My," he mentioned a bit hallowly. "I doubted you would allow me a soft start, but I didn't expect it would be quite that harsh." A sapphire blue eye peeked up from the dishes toward Kurogane but quickly drifted off to the side as Fai's posture slackened and the tiring effects of what had unfolded recently began to show the toll they'd taken on him.

He wouldn't be able to hide anything for long, after all.

Last edited:
"Heh." Kurogane lifted his cup to Yuuko in turn with a smirk, before lifting it to his lips to take a drink. The alcohol burned his throat and sent a comforting heat all the way down to his stomach. "Damn, that is good," he agreed, offering his empty cup to be filled again. He was cursing himself behind his cheeky grin. He felt so... comfortable. So soothed by this hint of normalcy that all stemmed from a farce. It wouldn't last. It couldn't, but he couldn't stop himself from reveling in it.

He drained his choko by the time Yuuko spoke, but hadn't put it down. His crimson eyes focused on Fai, even if the mage wouldn't look at him in return. He watched as Fai withered in front of him, then set down his dish and grabbed the jug Fai had just set down. He held it out with a slight motion of his hand. "Drink."

Fai blinked a bit as a strong hand replaced his own and lifted the jug toward him. A soft chuckle huffed from his chest that was genuine despite the slightly tired air he was giving off. "Are you trying to get me drunk?" The tease was offered playfully even as he picked his dish back up and drained it for the second time, holding it out gratefully to be refilled.

As a courtesy he had complimented the drink. No doubt it was probably something that should be more delicious than anything he'd had before it given how Yuuko praised it. And while it was quite good in the fact that it's heat made him feel just slightly better, the taste was somewhat muted; even to the point that he couldn't quite grasp what flavor it was supposed to be.

Of course, Fai was insanely adept at keeping things to himself. So while the happenings and his wounds could explain away the tired look in his normally brilliant eyes, he wasn't willing to bring up anything else that could be doing it. Especially the things he had been hiding lately; things he had little doubt would be discovered sooner rather than later given their newest circumstance.

He allowed Kurogane to fill his dish once more before setting it back on the tray without draining it for the final time. He had any number of excuses he could use for this of course, but the main reason he didn't take a third swig just yet was because he simply wanted to get this started so that they could get it over with.

That was why his attention turned on the woman nursing her own drink delicately. "I don't suppose you expect me to simply spout off," he offered lightly. "I may answer too much or too little in doing so." His attention shifted back down to his drink and he lifted it back into his hands, though he only stared at it in order to keep his attention off of the others in a less awkward way than he had previously. "What would suffice for the universe to know?"

He answered the tease with an amused huff. He was oh so tempted to shoot something back, but he was trying to help the guy talk, not stall. Kurogane poured Fai as much as he wanted, and matched each cup with one of his own, plus one.

Kurogane watched the mage intently, even looking at him over the rim of his choko. It was odd to watch Fai being so... Uncomfortable. It made him uncomfortable too, and he couldn't help but try and ease it. "I blame Mokona for eatting all of the cakes at the Cat Cafe," he offered cruely.

The cabbit in question jumped up and flapped his arms and ears. "Mokona only took one cake!" He defended, but under Kurogane's cruel stare, she faltered. "And then maybe another one... and then another... Okay so Mokona ate the cakes! But that was forever ago!"

Kurogane snickered.

Fai couldn't help but giggle lightly at the exchange. The light hearted take on what he knew he was about to be asked brightened him up just a little. Just enough for him to look less tired and more concerned as his attention shifted back to Yuuko.

Yuuko had chuckled lightly as well, saving a warm, loving look down toward the manju bun despite the fact that she couldn't see her in their current state. After pouring herself another drink and offering it up lightly toward Kurogane in cheers for his attempt, which she couldn't help but think was rather sweet, she turned her attention back to the mage. "How about we start with something a bit more obscure?" The question was asked lightly, her tone even changing to something that was no longer that teasing natural tone, but a bit more calming in its sensuality. "Do you blame Syaoran for your current predicament?"

Fai blinked a few times before his small smile fell and tuned his face into something serious. Despite wanting to hide behind his bangs to answer these questions, he resolved himself to offering them bluntly and openly, if only out of respect for those listening. "Yes," he mentioned in a downtrodden tone as he turned his attention back to his choko, but kept his chin lifted out of hiding. "I realise that it's horrible to blame a boy who was captured and imprisoned at such a young age for his role in what has happened, but I cannot get past the fact that Syaoran made his own choices and decisions which put us into the position we are currently in. While I may be a horrible person for it, I won't allow myself to overlook the faccts of the matter due to my feelings for the boy."

Yuuko nodded lightly, only peeking at Kurogane for a quick moment to be sure he was paying attention. "How about Sakura?"

A somewhat depressed smile touched Fai's lips and drew his eyebrows together slightly as the girl was brought up. "It's quite possible that Princess Sakura is the only one in this situation that doesn't shoulder any blame. The princess is a victim of circumstance. And while all of this may have started over something to do with her, she herself did not make the types of choices the rest of us did to get us to this place. and, of course, Mokona here is in the same boat." He pet the small creature's head for a moment before draining his choko once again.

She didn't need to ask. Fai understood where this was going, and as she sat back in her chair and seemed ready to ask the question, he simply spoke up this time. If only because he knew his answer wouldn't make much of a difference. "As for Kurogane," he added softly, peeking over toward the man from under his lids. "I believe the universe had been made perfectly clear that I hold him highly responsible for my own current situation as well as his." He looked at the man fully, dead in the eyes with a soft frown on his lips. Though, at least this time, that sapphire blue orb continued to shine and wasn't replaced by the sharp golden glare he'd had for him before. "I know that you feel as though you did the right thing despite my pleas before. I don't fault you for feeling that way. I also know that part of what you did was for very selfish reasons, while part was certainly not. You are not generally a selfish person, Kurogane. You are a great man with many flaws, but that certainly isn't one of them. If anything, the fault lies in the opposite realm. But that isn't something that weighs on you for the most part. You're too well rounded for that."

He looked down at his empty dish and his frown deepened again as he attempted to think of a way to put what he wanted to say more bluntly. If he didn't, he would likely go on for ages attempting to dance around the subject, and really only make it worse with anything he might have to say. Instead he huffed a soft sigh and toyed with the dish lightly. "What you don't know is how I honestly feel about this situation. The universe has heard this before, but I suppose you have the right to hear it yourself as well."

Again, he looked at Kuro directly. "I do not hate you for what you did..."

And again it turned quickly down to his dish. "However..." He hesitated just a moment before being able to collect the nerve to be very clear on the consiquences Kurogane had garnered with his actions. He reached out and set his dish down gently on the table, down facing and disallowing of further filling.

"Fai," Yuuko started, taking his attention from what he'd just done in order to offer up a somewhat lost look on her. She'd barely given enough time between staring again to allow the news to even sink in. "Who do you blame the most?"

Even if he'd wanted to, he wouldn't have been able to hide the hurt look that crossed his face for the suddenness of that question. This time however, his chin did dip itself down, his bangs shrouding his eyes as he offered up a soft noise. "Ah..."

"The person I blame the most for everything that has happened, and will likely happen as a result of all of this, is myself." It was almost mumbled, but he cleared his throat and pressed on a bit more strongly.

"I knew what was happening in a much greater regard than anyone else. I knew what Syaoran was. I did do my best to help him cultivate his own soul before it was too late, but that really doesn't matter in the end, does it? I failed." With a light shutter Fai curled into himself just a bit, taking a grasp on his knees as his posture slouched a bit further.

"Worse than that," he added lightly. "I was powerless."

He huffed a dull chuckle and shook his head lightly at the thought. "When Syaoran came at me I did fight against him at first. Once he got the better of me however, I did nothing.... I did nothing as he approched me. I did nothing as he took hold of me." Fai took in a shuttered breath and did his best to correct his tone as it shook lightly. "And the only thing I did as he stole away my power.... was ask him to stop...."

This time Yuuko was silent after Fai finished, the frown fitted on her face not purely for the light shake his form took as he breathed in another shuttered breath. She didn't want to watch him break down. In fact, she hadn't suspected he would with how good he was at hiding his emotions. It spoke rather harshly of how this was effecting him. So she gave him the moment he would need in order to collect himself.

Last edited:
He was definitely paying attention. He wasn't staring Fai down, but he continued to watch him as he spoke. He couldn't help but ask the same questions in his head. Did he blame Syaoran? Sakura? Fai? Himself? He was glad he wasn't the one who had to find proper answers; because he couldn't.

Kurogane felt an irritable tick as Fai spoke about 'The Princess.' He hated it. He didn't know why he hated it, but the sudden change in title for the girl they'd been protecting rubbed him the wrong way. He didn't say anything.

The subject of his own blame had him gritting his teeth. Fai was wrong. He didn't think he did the 'right thing.' There was no right thing, only what felt right; and Fai was giving him too much credit. 'A good man with many flaws.' He'd never made the claim of being a good, selfless person. He made his choice for one simple, selfish reason. He didn't want to lose Fai...

And he would have preferred hate. The cup was flipped and set down in a disrespectful display. The offense he felt was palpable, and brought about a strange burning sensation in his chest. He chalked it up to drinking the saki too fast. He opened his mouth to speak, to get a word in edgewise. Not to defend himself, but to give the damn mage a piece of his mind! But Yuuko kept them on track; and he was much more interested in the answer to the next question.

A frown tried to pull at his lips, but he kept them straight and thin as he watched his companion. The fact that Fai knew what was going on and didn't tell him was a point to be pissed about, but not enough for him to interrupt. He watched as the mage huddled in on himself, and he knew he was only meant to be listening, but he wouldn't sit idly by.

Kurogane stood from his spot to set himself back down beside Fai, and with no other warning he wrapped both arms around the curled mage and pulled him into a hard hug. "Idiot," he accused. He tensed a little as an icy chill seeped passed his clothing. "You actual idiot!" He snapped. He let go of Fai just long enough to grab his cloak and wrap it around the mage as well as he could before pulling him back into a warm embrace. "You're freezing."

Yuuko had turned her large golden eyes away if only to respect the moment they might both need. However, Kurogane had to go and notice something that it wasn't yet time to talk about. She let him know. "You're getting ahead of us now, Kuro-puu," she teased, the ending endearing in its own way as she attempted to lighten the mood if only slightly.

Fai was far too surprised by the suddenness that wasn't sudden at all of being wrapped up tightly in strong arms. He was heavily distracted with the need to get himself under control. So a light, near squeak pressed from his chest as he was suddenly held against a hard chest.

It was almost instant, the urge to simply curl up in the comforting grip that had been taken on him. And, actually, he did just that. Dazed sapphire eyes fluttered closed as he allowed his cheek to press against that harsh chest for the almost awkward position he was pulled unto by the shorter man. Almost, because it was far too comfortable for that.

"On the contrary," he offered with a soft huff as he lifted his right hand to place against the clothed chest near his comforted cheek. "I feel quite a bit warmer than I hae lately, right now."

The warmth he was talking about, while likely purely internal thanks to the several drinks he had taken without much pause as he answered intrusive questions before gand, shown in a red hue against recently paled skin over his cheeks nose and chest. Fai opened his tired eyes once again, a soft frown touching his lips as he realised he was far too compliant with the position he had been pulled into. He was simply too tired at the moment not to allow himself to just enjoy it, even just a little.

Yuuko's sharp eyes focused on them both as a light smirk crossed her lips. Though, the smirk was slightly more a smile. "Sakura and Syaoran are currently safe." The information was being given, as the payment had been made. "Before I contacted you I got in touch with a couple in this world who have yet to pay off a debt to me. They are currently on their way to intercept the children, and have agreed to take care of them until the five of you reunite."

Fai's frown turned into a lazy smile. "I see." The cruelty of the situation wasn't lost on him. But at least it hadn't taken too much to get the small bit of information to quell his worry.

"Now Fai," she added in a somewhat condescending manner as her focus shifted fully down on hum. "I would assume you have noticed the immense changes in your body since everything changed for you, yes?"

The blonde realised that the question was a leading one. His payment has been given, and this was not a part of that. Yuuko had more information to offer. Perhaps that had been why she had pushed past the point he felt was proper himself up to now. "Yes," he affirmed with a slight nod.

"These changes," she warned lightly, "will only grow more irratic as time goes on if you do not quell them. Some of these changed will be rather uncomfortable until you are able to get used to them. What you should have noticed since your transformation though, is how considerably stronger and more resiliant you have become." He should have, given the right circumstance.

Again he nodded, turning his sleepy, reddened face up at Kuro as she mentioned as much. Somehow, she had managed to put him in a sharing mood. On top of that though, the crimson eyed man was sure to demand to know what was going on now that he'd felt a change of his own. "I have grown cold to the touch," he offered for the obvious. Then liften his gloved fingers to his own throat and pet at it lightly. "My pulse has grown irratic and threads over time. It is an uncomfortable change to feel, but doesn't seem to be reflecting poorly on my state of being."

That hand dropped lazily back into his lap as he leaned just a bit closer to this Man he was meant to distance himself from, turning his chin back down to return to his comfortable position and closing his eyes lightly. "But that last part is not something I have experienced in any way." This was offered to Yuuko for her earlier statement. "If anything, I've only begun to feel weaker over time, not stronger."

"Yes, well..." Yuuko tilted her head lightly, attempting to hide her concern before she looked back toward those crimson eyes of the swordsman and spoke carefully toward a subject she was not meant to interfere too harshly in. "That does make sense in a way as well. Considering the two of you have yet to fulfill the final stage of your transformation ritual."

Fai turned his tired, but curious attention back up on the woman. "Excuse me?" He was fully lost for what she could possibly mean. If she were trying to say he hadn't been fully changed, he felt she was likely dead wrong. After all, he had been suffering the effects of this change from the moment he had woken up after.

Back
Top Bottom