Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Beautiful Music Together (Candira x Musashi)

SuperSaiyanMusashi

Super-Earth
A myriad of colorful lights flashed and spun, creating a rainbow of strobe effects across the stage. Their rapidly changing glows illuminated the band of seasoned musicians on the stage, revealing one healthy man in black with a 4 string electric bass suspended from both of his shoulders, and several beautiful and finely dressed women carrying well tuned instruments of their own. The sounds of 2 guitars hammering out speedy high pitched solos, a bass scaling up and down the frets, a slide on a piano, and the rattling of many drums and symbols blared out for several seconds, then took a short pause before every player hit one last synchronized note, earning them a roaring wave of screams and applause from the thousands of music loving fans who stood surrounding the stage.

Leon pumped his fist and shouted back in celebration to the energetic crowd. To his right, lead guitarist Elena grinned brightly, took hold of the upper neck of her guitar in hand and side of her luxurious red gown's skirts in the other and curtsied. Belle, also keeping a hand on her guitar, waved and smiled to the cheering fans. Cinderella stepped to the side of her keyboard to curtsy, while behind them, Princess Anna stood up from her padded drum throne so observers could more easily see her twirling the drum sticks with her nimble fingers. Over on stage left, Tiana, equipped with a saxophone, waved her gloved hands upwards several times to encourage the audience to keep the applause coming. They all basked in the collective joy for nearly a full minute as they were reminded of the true joy that came with entertaining people and giving them a fun night to remember for the years to come.

Once the audience noise had waned, Leon leaned up to his microphone and appreciated, "Thank you all so much for coming out here tonight!" He then introduced, "I would now like to invite a very special guest to the stage. I met her just a few short months ago watching her amazing lounge show and was blown away by her remarkable voice. Before I knew it I was recruited to play in her backing band, so it seemed only right that I return that invitation. She wants to sing a wonderful song for all of you tonight, so please welcome the lovely and talented Miss Jessica Rabbit!"

As Leon announced her name, the stunning redhead made her way to the center stage, which was rapidly filling with fog to give the area a surreal quality. Sequined silk hugged her ample curves as she stepped into the spot, microphone in gloved hand. Her full, ruby lips curved into a smile as she took center stage, soft guitar and keyboard backing her walk toward the audience. A sultry voice filled the room as she began the song she felt would go make the most sense for her to sing. Her high heels clicked and her thighs were exposed as she walked, but the sexy siren stayed calm as her clear voice rang out over the crowd.

"Take me now, baby, here as I am. Pull me close, try and understand. Desire is hunger is the fire I breathe. Love is a banquet on which we feed." She walked past Cinderella with a wink and headed toward Leon, hand out, as if reaching out to him. "Come on now, try to understand the way I feel when I'm in your hands." The redhead turned away from the handsome front man and as she reached out to the crowd, bending at the knee to grab the hands of some of the closer fans. "Take my hand and come undercover." Her voice rang out and she stood up once more, turning toward Tiana and Leon. She stood between them as she sang, "They can't hurt you now, can't hurt you now, can't hurt you now."

She looked at Leon as if to cue him in to join her. "Because the night belongs to lovers, because the night belongs to lust." She ran her hand down her side to emphasize her curves here before finding her way to an open microphone stand and inserting it into the stand so she could be stationary for a moment. "Because the night belongs to lovers, because the night belongs to us."

Being a veteran musician, with experience dating back to his teen years training at Balamb Garden, Leon was able to observe Jessica's grand entrance while keeping up with his notes. He felt fortunate that he could do so, especially as he had few strums to worry about than Elena, who handled the rapid but soft guitar melody that supported the song. The redhead's walk was certainly eye-catching, especially with the way her finely shaped hips gyrated with her every step, and the way her sleek dress's slit bounced with each step and offered an ever changing view of her long lovely legs. He noticed the apparent reach of her hand wrapped in the shining lavender glove, which made him blush ever slightly. He manged to extend a few fingers on his dexterous left hand as though to return her reaching gesture but without interrupting his stream of notes, wondering if she would notice.

Upon hearing Jessica being the pre-chorus, Anna gave her bass drum pedal a pair of taps. She repeated the action a few times until taking a little pause just before the hook, at which point she took to the main beat of the song, which consisted of alternating bass and snares with an occasional hi-hat tap.

Immediately picking up on Jessica's cue, Leon stepped towards his mic stand and harmoniously sang the hook together with her, "Because the night belongs to lovers, because the night belongs to lust. Because the night belongs to lovers, because the night belongs to us." Without a drop of hesitation, he continued into the second verse, "How I doubt when I'm alone. Love is a ring on the telephone. Love is an angel disguised as lust. Here in our bed 'til the morning comes." He looked very locked in as he sang, as if he was only just barely aware that he was performing on a stage. In that moment, Leon looked as if he was trying to convey a message to a lover through song, his emotional energies being focused into each word. He seamlessly carried the tune into the pre-chorus, "Come on now, try and understand..." and was briefly joined by all of his bandmates in perfect harmony, "The way I feel under your command" before taking the next phrases, "Take my hand as the sun descends. They can't touch you now, can't touch you now, can't touch you no-o-o-o-o-ow..." Knowing what came next, he looked to the starlet in the sparkling red evening gown with a nod, indicating the moment the new chorus began.

Jessica vamped like a champion as Leon sang his verse. Her hips continued to sway, gloved fingers stimulating a heartbeat over her chest as she watched Leon, joining in with the other princesses to give him a deeper harmony. As he came back to the chorus, the redhead smiled, impressed with the commitment to the drama of the song. Leon had always proven to be a soulful performer, but that was even more obvious now. Her green eyes glanced at him before she flipped some of her hair from her face and hit the chorus with him in perfect unison and harmony.

"Because the night belongs to lovers, because the night belongs to lust," she began, pulling her mic free once again. She stepped in time with the music, walking closer to the bassist, her hand resting on his shoulder as she came just close enough to look like she was choosing him as her partner. "Because the night belongs to lovers, because the night belongs to us." With a squeeze of her fingers she signaled that it was time to hit the bridge together as well, this time, staring directly into his blue eyes.

"With love we sleep, with doubt the vicious circle turns and burns. Without you, oh, I cannot live. Forgive, the yearning burning. I believe it's time, too real to feel. So touch me now, touch me now, touch me nooow..."

She trailed off for a moment, looking for all the world like a woman bewitched, fighting her inner feelings before the chorus kicked in and she pulled away, her mic lifted dramatically to her lips. "Ooooh, because the night..." And the chorus continued.

Throughout his pre-chorus, Leon utilized the age old stage presence trick of taking a few seconds to engage a particular direction before changing his focus to the next. With intent, his final pre-chorus glance met Jessica's gorgeous green eyes, just in time to see her long hair slowly float down to her back. Seeing her then walk closer to him, he kept his eyes upon hers, looking deeply into them as they sang together. His heart picked up its pace when her hand landed on his shoulder just under the artificial fur on his jacket. Subconsciously he leaned his head a tiny bit in her direction. His nose inhaled the pleasant scents of her skin, her shampoo, and her perfume, which made his insides melt a little. Hypnotizing as it was to focus on Jessica, he remembered just as the chorus concluded to signal towards Tiana.

Ready and raring, the tall dark princess masterfully took to her saxophone. She blew out a sweet sensual solo, sharing the jazzy sounds that had long been associated with romance and passion. She concluded the section with a chain of higher notes, holding the last one while the singers made their triumphant return, "With love we sleep, with doubt the vicious circle turns and burns.."

While he kept up with his bass notes through the sax solo, Leon saw the break as opportunity to take a few deep breaths and collect his bearings. A sharp observer could see him jittering very slightly and trying to suppress a joyful laugh that was trying to jump out. He seemed to ready himself just in time to rejoin Jessica in singing the bridge, bringing him into a focused and slightly hypnotized state that stemmed from hearing their voices smoothly fuse together.

As the final chorus began, the entire band seemed to shift into overdrive. All of the princesses softly sang, "Oooohhhh ooohhhh," into their microphones, creating a foundation to bolster Leon and Jessica's love-inducing lyrics, which underwent a key change for emphasis. Tiana returned to her saxophone and belted out a co-solo to stir up a passionate ambience. Focused so hard it had everyone wondering if it was method acting or his true feelings, Leon crooned, "Because the night, belongs to lovers!" to cue the fast paced duet that comprised the sweet song's final outro.

Tiana’s sax solo was perfect, and the princesses filled in the sound beautifully. Leon’s harmonies resonated with her so clearly that as he stared back into her eyes, she almost thought she really was the object of his dramatic romantic feelings as he sang. But then they were performing once again, and as she ad libbed in the final chorus, she reached out to the immaculately dressed crowd at the edges of the stage.

As the final duet rang out over the crowd, Jessica grinned broadly. Only when the music stopped did she take a bow, bending at the waist before gesturing to the rest of the band and clapping with them.

To finish out the song, Leon shared a passionate duet of ad libs with his extra special guest, feeling with each line that they were truly having a sung out conversation about romantic energy building up. Sections of adoring fans loudly exuded joy upon seeing Jessica reach for them while at any such instance, another section would watch her in hopes of being called upon for their turn to send their delightful noise to her and the entire band.

At the conclusion of the mighty musical number, the audience overwhelmingly clapped and celebrated with screams of delighted amazement in Jessica's direction. Then when the beautiful singer signaled to the great team of musicians teaming with her, the thousands of music lovers started to spread their cheery thanks evenly to all sections of the stage, making sure every single contributor felt properly loved for their entertaining stage efforts. As the volume of the happy viewers started to quiet a little, Leon, feeling playful, encouraged into his microphone, "Superstar Singer Jessica Rabbit everybody!", drawing a renewed surge in crowd energy.

Jessica had a decent following, bit she had never enjoyed the energy of such a large crowd before. Her venues were often smaller clubs and concert halls—nothing on this level. Much of her fame came from videos posted online. To be invited on tour as a guest like this was a wonderful boost to her signal. And everyone had been so kind and welcoming. It seemed talent truly appreciated talent.

As she shared the applause she was surprised to hear herself called out again, the fans eating it up. Blushing softly, Jessica smiled and bowed pushing some of her fiery locks out of her face.

“Thank you,” she said, trying to keep up her bold and confident persona despite feeling truly humbled by the attention.

With that, she gave Leon a little wink and a nod as if thanking him and telling him he could move on.

Upon seeing Jessica's signal to carry on with the show, and satisfied with all the joy generated, Leon informed into the mic on the stand, "From all of us al Lionheart Studios, I'd like thank each and every music lover for coming to our show. We do hope everyone will be in good spirits going about your lives and jobs tomorrow! Now unfortunately, we really do have to wrap up the show now." After a slight sulk from the audience, Leon assured, "But we're going to one more to send you home feeling satisfied!"

Cinderella chimed in first, "Oh, Leon, might I pick the last one? I was thinking something simple and cute. A little ballad that will have everyone fawning 'Awww'."

Belle then offered, "Cinderella, don't get me wrong, I love your cute songs, but for the finale, shouldn't we sing something deep and powerful, with intense vocals that grab the heart?"

Anna then desired, "Oh..I kind of agree with Cinderella..I'd like a happy one too..and maybe even a little..suggestive?"

Elena counter-offered, "Actually I rather agree with Belle about a powerful finish, but I think a finale should be long, difficult, and epic..and have some out of this world guitar solos!"

Finally, Tiana suggested, "I know 2 great songs, and like Anna wants, they're fairy suggestive too. One of them has a killer bass foundation and a real driving beat. The other one would call for our new friend Jessica on lead vocals one more time; her strong sultry voice would be perfect for it, plus it's got some smooth jazzy sax in it!"

While no voices were raised or ill will thrown, the princesses started to debate all at once. Listening carefully would reveal quips like, "It needs to be intense!" "But we want them to feel joy" "Leave on a high note" "Don't I get to.." After a few moments, Leon quickly commanded, "Ladies, ladies! This sounds like something that needs to be settled by audience." The sweet princesses calmed themselves, Anna apologizing, "Sorry about that." and Elena accepting, "That's okay." quietly.

"Okay..whichever idea gets the most noise from our audience will be the one we play," Leon decreed. He also added, "And remember: 'Boos' are just cheers from ghosts!" He started with Cinderella, "Okay: Cinderella says: Sweet and Adorable. What do we think?" Next he signaled towards Anna, "Anna wants Fun and Suggestive! What say to that?" He then extended a hand to Belle and asked, "Belle recommends Deep and Powerful! Yes, no?" He looked to his co-leader and checked, "And Elena likes it Long, Difficult, and Epic. How about it?" He then walked a few steps in Tiana's direction and polled, "Tiana likes a high energy driving beat with suggestive lyrics. Do you guys?" Finally he asked, "Alternatively, we have a song that plays to Jessica's strengths as a jazz singer, and gives us more of Tiana's smooth saxophoning, how many votes for that can I get?"

Jessica wasn’t entirely sure this little debate was part of the show, but she had prepared to sing the song Tianna had in mind in case it came to that. However, as Leon held up his hands and interfered, it became clear that this was part of the show that called for audience participation. The stunning redhead gave the crowd a little twirl as Leon called for votes for her and was surprised to hear the applause for her option drown out the other options’ votes. Her eyes widened, but she smiled, happy to do her part for the finale.

“I think the people have spoken,” she said with a chuckle. “What was the song you had in mind, Tianna?”

Hearing the powerfully overwhelming votes for Jessica to remain in the spotlight for the night's finale, Leon smiled slyly. He felt proud to have invited the beautiful superstar to tour with them, and knew then and there that he needed to involve her in future shows even more. For the time being though, he focused on the song itself, switching out his bass guitar to the correct one on the nearby tree.

Tiana answered Jessica for all to hear, "When I first attended your show, I knew you'd knock 'Smooth Operator' clean out of the park!" [1]

Highly encouraging words echoed about the band's members. Cinderella's eyes lit up as she anticipated, "Ohh!" Elena eagerly smiled, "Good idea!"

Leon thought back to the times they had practiced the song before the show, having hoped from the first time he saw the radiant redhead on stage that they could perform the song with her taking lead. He took a moment to calm his eager nerves and asked, "Jessica, will you sing Smooth Operator for everyone here tonight?"

[1]:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TClK6-lu74

Jessica wasn’t sure what had possessed the princesses to suggest this song out of everything, but she figured there was no harm in it. As Leon asked her to sing, the crowd burst into cheers again. With a little laugh, she held up her hands in defeat.

“How can I refuse after all that? Take us away, princesses.”

With that, her hips began to sway to the rhythm of the jazzy number, and she stayed close to Tianna on the sax before dancing her way over to Leon, using every bit of the stage to draw attention to all of the performers as she sang and interacted with all of them.

“He's laughing with another girl and playing with another heart…”

Leon worked hard to hide it, but inside he was bursting with excitement at the prospect of experiencing another one of the supremely sexy starlet's alluring musical numbers. After taking a moment to collect his bearings, he commanded, "Anna: start us up!"

Ready and raring, Anna stepped on her kick pedal and struck the drum beats to start up the mellow foundation for the song. Quick to help her out was Belle, who operated a pair of hand-operated bongos. She was noticeably surrounded by multiple stands of differing instruments, having read extensively about them and later trained by Fife to play most of them, and she would need to for a song with this many hidden depths. After a couple measures of drum beats, Leon's strong fingers pulled on his bass strings to play a small scale that, combined with a hit on the crash cymbal from Anna, helped to introduce Tiana's surgical precision on the sax.

As he worked to fill the low notes in, Leon observed Jessica's sweet slow dance across the solid stage, admiring the way her womanly hips brought out the tight fitting dress she had on.

After the first sentence of the spoken intro, Cinderella strategically hit a few chords on her keyboard, helping to emphasize the description of the strange man, the eponymous Smooth Operator, that the lyrics were about. She looked especially proud with each passing phrase, but most of all when she slid a finger across the keys for a quick but soft scale.

Jessica smoothly moved out of the spoken section of the song as if she were speaking to the audience directly, putting her sexy charisma to fantastic use; it was very easy to believe that she had seen this man everywhere, or even been taken in by his charm. It felt nice to give Cinderella a chance to flex; her skills at the keyboard shining.

Finally, it was time to start the true vocals. Jessica’s sultry looks and sweet voice blended beautifully as the singer moved into the lower end of her register.

“Diamond life, lover boy. We move in space with minimum waste and maximum joy. City lights and business nights, when you require streetcar desire for higher heights…”

After an introductory scale on Tiana's saxophone, Leon and Princesses settled into the ambient rhythm section just before Jessica took point singing the first true verse of the song. To place emphasis on the descriptor, the women in the band all sang the words "Lover boy!" along with Jessica, letting her sensual voice take center stage. Just before the pre-chorus, Tiana returned to her sax to give the new section a proper introduction and continue the air of suggestive jazz.

While grooving with his bass, Leon could hear every talented lady surrounding him doing her part, but like most in attendance, he just couldn't take his eyes off the radiant redhead out in front, pouring her alluring energy into the microphone. Every aspect of the song, especially the combination of singer and sax, had his thoughts dwelling on romance, the kind this type of music tends to evoke. He observed Jessica some more, and some sparkles could be seen in his eyes by any who weren't too distracted by the lead singer herself.

((Sorry for the delay. It’s been a little nuts))

Jessica continued into the bridge as she cha cha’d around the stage. She would stop and lean in, acting as if she were advising or commiserating with each of the princesses on her way around the stage.

“No place for beginners or sensitive hearts when sentiment is left to chance. No place to be ending but somewhere to start.”

Finally, as she took in her breath for the chorus she found her way back to Leon’s side and cast a dramatic glance at him before turning back toward the audience, her hand gesturing to the male lead himself as she sang.

“No need to ask; he's a smooth operator! Smooth operator,” she repeated, careful not to overpower the lyrics as the princesses joined her in harmony.

((I believe it. Welcome back!))

Seeing Jessica arrive at her side to tell her about the strange man in the lyrics, Cinderella sang the word, "Chance" together with her, looking at her intently, like a young lady learning from a woman with slightly more experience in the matter at hand. When Elena received the sensual singer's visit, she briefly looked into her friend's eyes in an effort to imply a familiarity with her advice, and share the air commiseration with her.

The energy level on the stage picked up in a subtle but firm way when the chorus began. Tiana's saxophone rattled a series of speedy notes to indicate an intensifying obsession with the title character. Elena, Belle, Anna, and Cinderella all softly sang behind Jessica in hopes of enhancing her presence.

Leon kept his hungry eyes on Jessica, admiring her dance and the way it drew attention to her hips. On seeing her sharp stare meet his eyes, he quickly thought about this 'Smooth Operator' of which she sang. His expression shifted as he became the man in question. He wore a devious smile for a moment, then shifted to a more stoic but sensual look as his fingers slowly pushed up the bass strings.

Though the song was far more bossa nova than any of the others they had played that night, the band was doing a great job. She grinned at Leon as he slipped into the role she had created for him, the audience apparently loving that color on him.

“Coast to coast, LA to Chicago, western male. Across the north and south, to Key Largo, love for sale. Face to face, each classic case, we shadow box and double-cross, yet need the chase. A license to love, insurance to hold melts all your memories and change into gold. His eyes are like angels but his heart is cold.”

As she sang about the man in question, Jessica hovered around Leon, hand lightly traveling from shoulder to shoulder as she moved from his left to his right to illustrate ‘coast to coast’ with her body. At mention of his lovely eyes, Jessica came in close, her body pressed against his side and back. Her face was near his as she reached toward his heart and then shook out her hand as if it were cold. When the chorus finally came again, she moved away once more, singing at the front of the band like she did in her own shows.

Feeling proud, and seeing his taking to the character was clearly being noticed, Leon delved deeper into the role, now adding some cocky strut-steps to the routine, earning another pop from the more observant viewers. He worked his dance into Jessica's soft touch, making sure she could easily trace the line connecting the 2 North American coasts.

Moments after Jessica's bridge, Elena started a short guitar segment featuring a key change every few measures, the piece intended as a build up to the enticing sax solo. Ready for her time to shine and a moment in the brightest lights, Tiana took a few deep breaths and loosened up her fingers. She played a few notes to start it off, but it was after Anna's hard crash cymbal hit that the solo truly took off into a audible poem of dangerous but sensual stories of a heartbreaker that many a lady acquired addictions to.

Keeping character, Leon suppressed the tingle he felt from Jessica's warmth touching his side while his backing ladies all sang "Gooolldd!" with Jessica. Even through his own clothes, Jessica's sparkling dress felt sweet up against his back, and it felt as though her breasts were gently pressed up against him as well. Noticing how close her beautiful complexion was, he leaned slowly into her and gave the slightest cheek to cheek nuzzle. Finally, as she touched and described his "cold" heart, his poker face returned and he nodded to agree with that assessment.

Jessica enjoyed Leon’s nuzzling, amused by the acting he was putting in. Well, he was a good stage presence for a reason. The sexy redhead left him as she began to sing chorus after chorus. Sometimes, she would sing in harmony with the princess she stood next to as she moved around the stage, other times she would own the chorus by herself, her lovely voice taking it for a spin, until the final notes were sung and played.

Several strobe lights lit up Jessica's fine figure and worked with her stunning gown's sparkling sequins to make a glowing spectacle during her final few measures of chorus. At the close of the song, thousands of highly engaged music fans stood as one to clap in respect and scream in joy, letting their love of the great concert and the many performers be known. The lights returned to a spread formation to show the entire stage. Leon, now feeling like himself again, raised his hand and made a rising signal, at which he and every princess went into a quick jam. Guitars wailed, drums and symbols rattled, and a few more notes rang in for about 7 seconds until everyone held a penultimate tone for a whole measure. Leon shouted in full appreciation, "Thanks so much for coming and everybody get home safe!" while the notes held. Finally, they all hit the last one together with a "BAM!" The stage lights all immediately shut off at the final note, prompting the final wave of loud audience cheers. After a minute, the lights returned, albeit dimmer than they were during the show.

Elena hung up her guitar and curtsied to the arena with her bright red ballgown. Belle held her gloved hands gently over her heart and smiled to the audience. Cinderella waved good-bye in all directions and blew a kiss or 3 to lucky fans. Tiana passed her saxophone to a stage ninja and took her bow with pride. Anna put her drum sticks away and ran out to the front so she could perkily dance around, playing with her skirts and remotely fist-bumping anyone who looked her way, all wearing the most electric smile. Leon rested his bass first. Thinking about what to do for a parting gesture, he looked at Jessica and extended an open hand as to offer it to her.

As the princesses and Leon jammed, Jessica danced along since she didn’t have much else to do. When everything was over with, she handed her rhinestone encrusted mic to a stagehand and got ready for her own little sign-off moment. She noticed him reaching out to her as Anna gave her high-energy goodbyes.

She took his hand with a little smile and stepped closer to him, looking every inch the sex symbol she had become as the lights illuminated her sequined gown in the most dazzling of ways.

When Jessica's gloved hand took his, Leon raised her hand up high and used his other to signal towards her, much like how a referee would indicate a winning contestant, wishing for the fan base to provide one more helping of adoration to the beautiful singer. He then looked to her, still holding her hand, and raised it to her side a little the way a dancer would twirl a partner.

During this time, Anna, Belle and Tiana lined up holding hands on Leon's left side, while Elena and Cinderella did so on Jessica's right. Elena stood by to take Jessica's hand when she was ready, while Anna stayed ready for Leon's.

Jessica beamed out at the crowd, brushing aside some of the hair that naturally hung in her face. The applause swelled for her as Leon raised her hand and gestured to her, and the redhead giggled as the leader twirled her. She gracefully moved with him and posed dramatically for a moment before taking Elena’s hand in her own and getting ready for the big curtain call’s final bow.

Applause from the huge crowd seemed to drown out all other sound, so she relied on a squeeze in Leon’s grip to tell her when to bow. And then arms were up and heads were down, each performer bowing their head and torso as their hands were lowered.

The thunderous applause of thousands took Leon to a joyous, even slightly oblivious state for a brief moment. It reminded him, all of them, why the band was formed in the first place: to spread the joy of music. A few short years prior, when his second hometown had barely managed to drive off the invading Heartless, he had promoted concerts and music lessons to remind the citizenry that there were great times to live for, and equally great reasons to rebuild.

Leon rose back up from the final bow, just as the arena's seating lights came on and a recorded host voice reminded everyone, "Please make sure you have all of your belongings and exit in a calm, orderly manner. Merchandise will remain open for another hour." Performers retreated off the stage, heading for the Green Room behind them. Leon blushed a little upon realizing he was still holding Jessica's hand. Still, he confidently invited, "Oh..ah..care to take 5 in the lounge before we get back on the tour bus?"

Back
Top Bottom