Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ʙᴏᴏᴋ

Devils Temptation

Planetoid
B L A C K | B O O K
0njGopg.png

Visuals & Music | References | Scheduling | Thoughts

If you post here, I will bite your ankles.
PMs are always welcome if you got something to tell me!

Last edited:
Posting Status
Devil's Clock

b7acWPl.jpg

Haven't seen me in a while and you don't see anything here? Feel free to drop me a PM.
Thanks to my partners for the patience in advance - you're all the greatest. ♡

4/17/2023

Insanely busy. I apologize in advance for the delay. I'll be trying my hardest to get right back on top of my replies.

Last edited:
Feel free to take whatever. I'm just keeping these here to reuse the code.
Just don't be lame and copy+paste everything without changing anything.
Thanks. <3

Code:
[CENTER][SIZE=5]𝙸𝚏 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚘 [I][B][COLOR=rgb(163, 4, 39)]𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]  [/COLOR][/B][/I]𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚝 
𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚜𝚘 𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 [I][B][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)]𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝[/COLOR][/B][/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)]?[/COLOR]

[FONT=didact gothic]『 Status: [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Closed[/COLOR] | | 6/12/2023 』[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[HR=3][/HR]
[CENTER]
[FONT=didact gothic]〖 Long-term/Short-term | | PMs/Threads | | EST Time zone 〗
〖 300~2000 words per post | | Posts every 1-3 days 〗
〖 [URL='https://www.f-list.net/c/devils%20temptation']F-List[/URL] 〗

Sadists, serial killers, psychotic lovers, vile monsters - everything from irredeemable [I][B]bastards [/B][/I]to petty bullies.
I'm looking to play villains seeking their victims, come give them a bite.
[/FONT][/CENTER][FONT=didact gothic]
[FONT=didact gothic]Welcome to my thread!
Call me Devil, DT -- whatever gets the job done for you.
Let's lay out some ground rules so we don't waste each other's time, sound good? Good.[/FONT]

[INDENT=2][FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=5][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)]I. [/COLOR][/SIZE]Communication is king to me and communicative partners are an absolute blessing. Be upfront about your interests and ideas.[/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=5][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)]II. [/COLOR][/SIZE]I'm ghost-friendly, but be realistic about whether or not you're really interested in writing with me. I'd be very appreciative of the consideration![/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=5][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)]III. [/COLOR][/SIZE]Romance is on the table for the stories, but I'm not interested in some 'romance fixes his damage'. They're [B]irredeemable[/B] bastards, a pretty face and a warm body won't change that. [/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=5][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)]IV. [/COLOR][/SIZE]Be honest if you're losing interest. Seriously. I'm a very laid-back, friendly partner and I don't bite. Chances are if the roleplay can't be salvaged, we end it cleanly like adults. Deal?[/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][/INDENT]
[FONT=didact gothic]Short and sweet, time to move onto something interesting. 
Any of the plots, pairings, and prompts below are up for negotiation.
Feel free to bring your own spin to something, I'd be more than happy to brainstorm together.
If you don't see anything you like but enjoy the theme or would like to work out something original, feel free to send me your pitch. [/FONT]

[CENTER][COLOR=rgb(163, 4, 39)][SIZE=7][FONT=didact gothic]『 Plots 』[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[FONT=didact gothic][TABS=BCENTER][SLIDE title="【Fantasy】"][TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][opacity=0]x[/opacity][FLOATLEFT=10][FLOATRIGHT=10][CENTER][SIZE=6][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)]I[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[IMG width="200px"]https://i.imgur.com/RDfd2cq.png[/IMG]
〖 Knight x Prince  〗[/CENTER]
[JUSTIFY]
There are few things more humiliating to an army than to be beaten back time and time again, repelled by a single unifying figure. YC was that warden that kept her country from the brink - but when she was captured, it all fell to pieces. Rather than a swift execution, she was made part of the prince's guard -- with the single lone intention of being broken down and displyed.
[/JUSTIFY]
[/FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATLEFT][/TD]

[TD][opacity=0]x[/opacity][FLOATLEFT=10][FLOATRIGHT=10][CENTER][SIZE=6][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)]II[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[IMG width="200px"]https://i.imgur.com/I5bHvok.png[/IMG]
〖 Witch/Monster x Inquisitor〗[/CENTER]
[JUSTIFY]
Forgiveness was always a principle element of MC's faith, but for YC - there was hardly anything to forgive. She hadn't done a single thing to warrant sinning, aside from what she was born as. That hadn't mattered to MC. Guilty or not, he's intent on making her 'pay' for her sins and molding her into the perfect tool for his faith.
[/JUSTIFY]

[TD][opacity=0]x[/opacity][FLOATLEFT=10][FLOATRIGHT=10][CENTER][SIZE=6][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)]III[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[IMG width="200px"]https://i.imgur.com/Tb3zh9T.png[/IMG]
〖 Monster x Huntress 〗[/CENTER]
[JUSTIFY]
YC had always heard the rumors. Never venture beyond the grove. Stay near the village, the monster will make sure you never return. Curiosity had eventually won over, however. The plentiful game she caught in the sealed off forest enticed her deeper and deeper... right into the waiting claws and jaws of MC - the mythical monster that terrified the village.
[/JUSTIFY]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/SLIDE]
[SLIDE title="【Modern】"][TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][opacity=0]x[/opacity][FLOATLEFT=10][FLOATRIGHT=10][CENTER][SIZE=6][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)]IV[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[IMG width="200px"]https://i.imgur.com/b3akUcq.png[/IMG]
〖 Bully x Victim 〗[/CENTER]
[JUSTIFY]
Insufferable piece of shit. That was the single best phrase for YC to describe MC. From the day they had met, YC was tormenting and bullying her. He [b]knew[/b] every insecurity she had. He knew how to abuse her, he knew where to find her. After all, she was his favorite plaything and he isn't going to stop until he breaks her in completely.
[/JUSTIFY]

[TD][opacity=0]x[/opacity][FLOATLEFT=10][FLOATRIGHT=10][CENTER][SIZE=6][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)]V[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[IMG width="200px"]https://i.imgur.com/E1i4mUa.png[/IMG]
〖 Homewreckers 〗[/CENTER]
[JUSTIFY]
It was wrong. They knew it was. They had both moved on, married, settled down with children... and yet somehow, YC found herself pinned underneath MC at a nearby hotel, hooking up like usual with MC. Their acts get more destructive and more risky, to the point YC slowly starts to lean into the thrill of it alongside MC.
[/JUSTIFY]

[TD][opacity=0]x[/opacity][FLOATLEFT=10][FLOATRIGHT=10][CENTER][SIZE=6][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)]VI[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[IMG width="200px"]https://i.imgur.com/uEOh4lt.png[/IMG]
〖 Killer x Detective 〗[/CENTER]
[JUSTIFY]
First impressions are important. MC's first impression on her was unforgettable - the way he butchered a man in front of her. YC had been tracking him for months prior. He was a mindlessly cold killer running amok. The day they had met, his target had changed. He hardly felt much for women, but she was different. She was worth targeting.
[/JUSTIFY]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/SLIDE]
[SLIDE title="【Supernatural】"][TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][opacity=0]x[/opacity][FLOATLEFT=10][FLOATRIGHT=10][CENTER][SIZE=6][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)]VII[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[IMG width="200px"]https://i.imgur.com/eCqxGrW.png[/IMG]
〖 Demon x Cursed 〗[/CENTER]
[JUSTIFY]
She should have never picked up that fucking book. It had been her first and last mistake. No matter where YC ran to, the result was always the same. The Demon always came for her in the bodies of different men. No matter how furiously she resisted, it craved her - it was hellbent on seducing her and enrapturing her so thoroughly she was incapable of ever leaving.
[/JUSTIFY]

[TD][opacity=0]x[/opacity][FLOATLEFT=10][FLOATRIGHT=10][CENTER][SIZE=6][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)]VIII[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[IMG width="200px"]https://i.imgur.com/kG4BLGl.png[/IMG]
〖 Werewolf x Human 〗[/CENTER]
[JUSTIFY]
There was something feral about him. Something other people couldn't put their finger on. MC had caught YC's eye from time to time, although strange in mannerisms he was fairly handsome and that fleeting interest had her chasing him into places she shouldn't have gone. Caught in a fight between those two monsters, when MC gets a taste of her blood there is no running any longer - not from a werewolf.
[/JUSTIFY]

[TD][opacity=0]x[/opacity][FLOATLEFT=10][FLOATRIGHT=10][CENTER][SIZE=6][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)]IX[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[IMG width="200px"]https://i.imgur.com/dyPkOIO.png[/IMG]
〖 Incubus x Nun 〗[/CENTER]
[JUSTIFY]
YC had been born and raised by sisters in the church and though young, she had every intention of devoting her life to worship. Whilst on a mission, she finds herself locked in conversation with a striking young man. Around him? She couldn't help but feel giddy. He makes her feel things she never has before. One thing leads to another and somehow... she promises him a date, the first of many that work to spiral her into a fall from grace.
[/JUSTIFY]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/SLIDE]
[/TABS]

[CENTER][COLOR=rgb(163, 4, 39)][SIZE=7][FONT=didact gothic]『 Pairings & Prompts 』[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=7][/SIZE][FONT=didact gothic][/font][/CENTER][FONT=didact gothic][FLOATLEFT][FLOATRIGHT]
[IMG width="215px"]https://i.imgur.com/5mfZpPD.png[/IMG]
[center]  [opacity=0][size=5][i]Left is MC, right is YC[/i][/size][/opacity]

[size=6][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)][u]Fantasy[/u][/COLOR][/size]

Orc x Elf

Prince x Maid

Enemy Soldiers

Heretic x Goddess

Bodyguard x Queen

Mercenary x Villager

Monster x Adventurer

[/center]
[/FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATLEFT][FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT][FLOATLEFT][FLOATRIGHT]
[center] [size=5][i]Left is MC, right is YC[/i][/size]

[size=6][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)][u]Modern[/u][/COLOR][/size]

Classmates

Boss x Secretary

Loan shark x Debtor

Doctor x Disabled patient

Ex-boyfriend x Ex-girlfriend

Friend/Bully x Friend's mother

CEO x Reporter/Whistleblower
[/center]
[/FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATLEFT][FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT][FLOATLEFT=30][FLOATRIGHT]
[center] [opacity=0][size=5][i]Left is MC, right is YC[/i][/size][/opacity]

[size=6][COLOR=rgb(255, 73, 73)][u]Supernatural & Sci-Fi[/u][/COLOR][/size]

Vampire x Nurse

Evil Spirt x Esper

Fallen Angel x Demon

Researcher x Alien

Hacker x AI/Android

Virtual reality couple
[/center]
[/FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATLEFT][FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT][FLOATLEFT][FLOATRIGHT]
[IMG width="550px"]https://i.imgur.com/5mfZpPD.png[/IMG][size=4]
1. MC is madly in love with YC. Despite being refuted once, his affection for her is 
borderline psychotic and he stops at nothing to have her.

2. Born as the heirs to rival gangs, MC and YC grew up as childhood friends. However, 
when they reunite as adults, MC is keen on taking both her for himself and her father's 
mafia over.

3. YC has a spell of amnesia that has her forget her old life, the next time she awakes 
a man claims to be her lover and fabricates an entire life around convincing her that 
she is his.

4. After putting a hit on her former husband, YC finds herself entering into a 
relationship with the hitman.

5. While on a covert operation, YC, an espionage spy ends up being intercepted by 
an agent of the secret police and ends up captured - ready to be interrogated and 
brainwashed by MC.

6. Fed up with her life, YC makes a deal with the Devil to be taken away to a new 
one. She quickly finds out that it's far more than she could've ever bargained for.

7. Making her living off of gambling, YC ends up encountering MC who milks her dry 
of all her money. Determined to win it back, she wagers him a night with herself. [/size]
[/FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATLEFT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/font]
𝙸𝚏 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚝
𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚜𝚘 𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝?

『 Status: Closed | | 6/12/2023 』

〖 Long-term/Short-term | | PMs/Threads | | EST Time zone 〗
〖 300~2000 words per post | | Posts every 1-3 days 〗
F-List

Sadists, serial killers, psychotic lovers, vile monsters - everything from irredeemable bastards to petty bullies.
I'm looking to play villains seeking their victims, come give them a bite.

Welcome to my thread!
Call me Devil, DT -- whatever gets the job done for you.
Let's lay out some ground rules so we don't waste each other's time, sound good? Good.

I. Communication is king to me and communicative partners are an absolute blessing. Be upfront about your interests and ideas.
II. I'm ghost-friendly, but be realistic about whether or not you're really interested in writing with me. I'd be very appreciative of the consideration!
III. Romance is on the table for the stories, but I'm not interested in some 'romance fixes his damage'. They're irredeemable bastards, a pretty face and a warm body won't change that.
IV. Be honest if you're losing interest. Seriously. I'm a very laid-back, friendly partner and I don't bite. Chances are if the roleplay can't be salvaged, we end it cleanly like adults. Deal?
Short and sweet, time to move onto something interesting.
Any of the plots, pairings, and prompts below are up for negotiation.
Feel free to bring your own spin to something, I'd be more than happy to brainstorm together.
If you don't see anything you like but enjoy the theme or would like to work out something original, feel free to send me your pitch.

『 Plots 』

• x
    I
    RDfd2cq.png

〖 Knight x Prince 〗​

There are few things more humiliating to an army than to be beaten back time and time again, repelled by a single unifying figure. YC was that warden that kept her country from the brink - but when she was captured, it all fell to pieces. Rather than a swift execution, she was made part of the prince's guard -- with the single lone intention of being broken down and displayed.
    x
    II
    I5bHvok.png

〖 Witch/Monster x Inquisitor〗​

Forgiveness was always a principle element of MC's faith, but for YC - there was hardly anything to forgive. She hadn't done a single thing to warrant sinning, aside from what she was born as. That hadn't mattered to MC. Guilty or not, he's intent on making her 'pay' for her sins and molding her into the perfect tool for his faith.
    x
    III
    Tb3zh9T.png

〖 Monster x Huntress 〗​

YC had always heard the rumors. Never venture beyond the grove. Stay near the village, the monster will make sure you never return. Curiosity had eventually won over, however. The plentiful game she caught in the sealed off forest enticed her deeper and deeper... right into the waiting claws and jaws of MC - the mythical monster that terrified the village.
  • x
    IV
    b3akUcq.png

〖 Bully x Victim 〗​

Insufferable piece of shit. That was the single best phrase for YC to describe MC. From the day they had met, YC was tormenting and bullying her. He knew every insecurity she had. He knew how to abuse her, he knew where to find her. After all, she was his favorite plaything and he isn't going to stop until he breaks her in completely.
    x
    V
    E1i4mUa.png

〖 Homewreckers 〗​

It was wrong. They knew it was. They had both moved on, married, settled down with children... and yet somehow, YC found herself pinned underneath MC at a nearby hotel, hooking up like usual with MC. Their acts get more destructive and more risky, to the point YC slowly starts to lean into the thrill of it alongside MC.
    x
    VI
    uEOh4lt.png

〖 Killer x Detective 〗​

First impressions are important. MC's first impression on her was unforgettable - the way he butchered a man in front of her. YC had been tracking him for months prior. He was a mindlessly cold killer running amok. The day they had met, his target had changed. He hardly felt much for women, but she was different. She was worth targeting.
  • x
    VII
    eCqxGrW.png

〖 Demon x Cursed 〗​

She should have never picked up that fucking book. It had been her first and last mistake. No matter where YC ran to, the result was always the same. The Demon always came for her in the bodies of different men. No matter how furiously she resisted, it craved her - it was hellbent on seducing her and enrapturing her so thoroughly she was incapable of ever leaving.
    x
    VIII
    kG4BLGl.png

〖 Werewolf x Human 〗​

There was something feral about him. Something other people couldn't put their finger on. MC had caught YC's eye from time to time, although strange in mannerisms he was fairly handsome and that fleeting interest had her chasing him into places she shouldn't have gone. Caught in a fight between those two monsters, when MC gets a taste of her blood there is no running any longer - not from a werewolf.
    x
    IX
    dyPkOIO.png

〖 Incubus x Nun 〗​

YC had been born and raised by sisters in the church and though young, she had every intention of devoting her life to worship. Whilst on a mission, she finds herself locked in conversation with a striking young man. Around him? She couldn't help but feel giddy. He makes her feel things she never has before. One thing leads to another and somehow... she promises him a date, the first of many that work to spiral her into a fall from grace.

『 Pairings & Prompts 』

5mfZpPD.png

Left is MC, right is YC

Fantasy

Orc x Elf

Prince x Maid

Enemy Soldiers

Heretic x Goddess

Bodyguard x Queen

Mercenary x Villager

Monster x Adventurer

5mfZpPD.png

Left is MC, right is YC

Modern

Classmates

Boss x Secretary

Loan shark x Debtor

Doctor x Disabled patient

Ex-boyfriend x Ex-girlfriend

Friend/Bully x Friend's mother

CEO x Reporter/Whistleblower

5mfZpPD.png

Left is MC, right is YC

Supernatural & Sci-Fi

Vampire x Nurse

Evil Spirt x Esper

Fallen Angel x Demon

Researcher x Alien

Hacker x AI/Android

Virtual reality couple

5mfZpPD.png

1. MC is madly in love with YC. Despite being refuted once, his affection for her is
borderline psychotic and he stops at nothing to have her.

2. Born as the heirs to rival gangs, MC and YC grew up as childhood friends. However,
when they reunite as adults, MC is keen on taking both her for himself and her father's
mafia over.

3. YC has a spell of amnesia that has her forget her old life, the next time she awakes
a man claims to be her lover and fabricates an entire life around convincing her that
she is his.

4. After putting a hit on her former husband, YC finds herself entering into a
relationship with the hitman.

5. While on a covert operation, YC, an espionage spy ends up being intercepted by
an agent of the secret police and ends up captured - ready to be interrogated and
brainwashed by MC.

6. Fed up with her life, YC makes a deal with the Devil to be taken away to a new
one. She quickly finds out that it's far more than she could've ever bargained for.

7. Making her living off of gambling, YC ends up encountering MC who milks her dry
of all her money. Determined to win it back, she wagers him a night with herself.

Last edited:
Code:
[CENTER][IMG width="400px"]https://i.imgur.com/boZE8mY.png[/IMG]
[FONT=didact gothic][COLOR=rgb(255, 100, 127)]Love[/COLOR] is that condition in which[opacity=0]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/opacity]
the [COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)]happiness[/COLOR] of another person
[opacity=0]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/opacity]is [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]essential[/COLOR] to your own[/FONT]
[COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)]━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[/COLOR]
[SIZE=5][COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)]『 [/COLOR][FONT=didact gothic][B]Status: [/B][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][B]Closed[/B][/COLOR] | | 6/12/2023[/FONT][COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)] 』[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)]〖 [/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=didact gothic]Long-term & Short-term [COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)]〗
〖[/COLOR] PMs/Threads/Discord [COLOR=rgb(235, 107, 86)]〗[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)]━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[/COLOR]
[FONT=didact gothic]Affection so [COLOR=rgb(255, 100, 127)][b][i]sugary sweet[/i][/b][/COLOR][b][i][/i][/b][i][/i] it makes your teeth ache,
all the way to the [COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][b][i]obsessive, possessive, and darker[/i][/b][/COLOR][b][i][/i][/b][i][/i] pursuits,
I'm looking for something [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][B][I]dripping [/I][/B][/COLOR]in passion.[/FONT][/CENTER]
[COLOR=rgb(255, 100, 127)][SIZE=7]»[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=6][COLOR=rgb(255, 100, 127)] [FONT=didact gothic]Icebreakers[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[INDENT][FONT=didact gothic]› Call me whatever gets the job done for you. Personally, DT rolls off the tongue nicer than 'you' does, though.[/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT][FONT=didact gothic]› Feel free to not be a stranger, [I][B]unless [/B][/I]you want to be.[/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][FONT=didact gothic]› I'm about as laid back of a partner as you could reasonably conjure up in your brain.[/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][FONT=didact gothic]› OOC is [I][B]fantastic[/B][/I]. Send me all of it, all the way from worldbuilding, to tossing around scenes, to just fucking around. That's all my jam.[/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][FONT=didact gothic]› Ghost-friendly. I don't really give a damn if you ghost me. Just don't beat around the bush with me if you lose interest in the story, I'm obligated to fuck with you if you do. You can, contrary to belief, just vanish and not be bothered by me. Crazy, I know![/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][/INDENT]
[COLOR=rgb(255, 100, 127)][SIZE=7]»[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=6][COLOR=rgb(255, 100, 127)] [FONT=didact gothic]Expectations[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[INDENT][SIZE=5][COLOR=rgb(255, 100, 127)][FONT=didact gothic]› From Me[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]› Post frequency anywhere between daily to every three days.[/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]› I give what I get, whether that's novella or a comfy two paragraphs. Quality matters more to me than substance. [/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=3][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]› I'll drop writing samples here eventually. Just ask if you need the goods, I'll cough 'em up. [/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]› Primarily take on male, dominant roles such as...[/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=3][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]✓ Cold, cutthroat men with a sweet spot for someone[/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=3][FONT=didact gothic]✓ Obsessively passionate lovers[/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=3][FONT=didact gothic]✓ Playful, bantering jokesters[/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=3][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]✓ Cocky, confident assholes[/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=3][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]✓ Hopeless sweethearts[/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=3][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]✓ And [I][B]just about [/B][/I]everything in between those lines.[/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]› Fade to black isn't my sort of thing. I write steamy, descriptive, [I][B]degenerate [/B][/I]smut with copious amounts of sexual tension. Write something with me that shows just how much our characters [b][i]crave[/i][/b] each other. You do that and we'll get along [i]wonderfully[/i].[/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]› Fairly visual writer, I like to make my posts both heavily descriptive and visually pretty. References are common in my writing, for characters, locations, music, etc. etc. That isn't something you need to do as well, if you prefer to stick to solely words. Just let me know, I'm a versatile fella.[/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][/INDENT]
[INDENT][SIZE=5][COLOR=rgb(255, 100, 127)][FONT=didact gothic]› From You[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]› I write best with submissive or switch feminine-leaning leads, but if you write mostly domineering roles feel free to give me a shot anyways. If I like you as a partner, I like you as a partner. It is what it is.[/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=3][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]› I don't care what gender you are behind that screen either.[/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]› I'm not really a stickler for rules, just have basic roleplay etiquette. Write in third person, don't control my character. Nice and simple, yeah?[/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]› Partners who are assertive and know what they're looking for are [I][B]so damn attractive[/B][/I]. Don't be too indecisive, that's all I'm asking for.[/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic][INDENT=3][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]› Communicative partners, likewise, are a blessing. Talk to me. It'll make it that much easier for the story to be far more enjoyable.[/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]› Likewise, if you're crummy at moving the story along, choose reasonably. Short-term stories can be just as fun as long-term ones, I promise I'm not trying to peddle you some snake oil here.[/FONT][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=2][/INDENT]
[CENTER][SIZE=6][COLOR=rgb(255, 100, 127)][FONT=didact gothic]Plots & Pairings[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]Everything down here is up for negotiation so long as it hits a general theme of romance in some way.[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[FLOATLEFT][FLOATRIGHT][IMG width="600px"]https://i.imgur.com/5Z2dKKH.jpg[/IMG]
[CENTER][FONT=didact gothic]《 Witch x Wizard》
Loosely based off of [URL='https://www.instagram.com/fernandadiasartwork/?hl=en']Fernanda Dias'[/URL] artwork
A witch and a warlock are ostracized in their own respective magical communities 
for their unique gifts which they come to hate. After they meet one another, they 
learn to both love each other's gifts as well as their own.[/FONT][/CENTER]
[HR=4][/HR]
[IMG width="600px"]https://i.imgur.com/A4PvBa6.png[/IMG]
[CENTER][FONT=didact gothic]《 Villain x Enforcer》
He's everything she's sworn to stand against. Every vile, evil bastard that she
fantasized about locking behind bars manifests in him in some way or form.
Despite how much they clash, their chemistry is undeniable. On those brief
little encounters they have - they start to crave each other wildly.
[opacity=0]x[/opacity][/FONT][/CENTER]
[/FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATLEFT][FLOATRIGHT][FLOATLEFT][IMG width="600px"]https://i.imgur.com/EW9nSnM.jpg[/IMG]
[CENTER][FONT=didact gothic]《 Divorcees 》
Burnt out and broken from stressful marriages, romance is almost completely
out of the question for our characters who are nearing their thirties. Despite 
being jaded with the idea of romance, the two run into each other again. 
At one point they were high school sweethearts... and maybe that spark is still there.[/FONT][/CENTER]
[HR=5][/HR]
[IMG width="600px"]https://i.imgur.com/CgGSHIv.png[/IMG]
[CENTER][FONT=didact gothic]《 Patient x Doctor 》
White walls. White floor. White ceiling. The sight of him/her had always been the same for days.
Something was wrong with them, apparently. Their mind wasn't quite there, the line between
reality and fiction always seemed to blur. All the noise in their head would assure them of one
thing, however. Their doctor was [b]always[/b] their friend. Maybe even something more...[/FONT][/CENTER]
[/FLOATLEFT][/FLOATRIGHT]

[HR=3][/HR]
[CENTER][SIZE=6][COLOR=rgb(255, 100, 127)][FONT=didact gothic]NSFW Ver.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[center][spoiler]
[FLOATLEFT][FLOATRIGHT][IMG width="600px"]https://i.imgur.com/Oz3UAee.png[/IMG]
[CENTER][FONT=didact gothic]《 Toxic Rebounds 》
Every time they break up, it never is long until they're back together once more.
Whether it's that rough, carnal way they hatefuck each other to make up or 
some hopeless infatuation with one another - they just can't leave. After
an especially bad fight, they hook up once more and this time? He
doesn't plan to let her go.[/FONT][/CENTER]
[HR=4][/HR]
[IMG width="600px"]https://i.imgur.com/zTadtDB.png[/IMG]
[CENTER][FONT=didact gothic]《 Android x Creator 》
How far would one go for their ideal partner? Whether due to a failing marriage,
the untimely loss of a spouse, or just a fascination with someone seen in passing -
a skilled inventor becomes addicted to creating their personal Aphrodite/Adonis.
Day in and day out, they modify an android for their own personal desires all until
it finally activates and they find that its personality is radically different from what
was programmed.
[/FONT][/CENTER]
[/FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATLEFT][FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT][FLOATRIGHT][FLOATLEFT][IMG width="600px"]https://i.imgur.com/7vU7EFs.png[/IMG]
[CENTER][FONT=didact gothic]《 Feral Lover 》
Just their reputation alone is enough to make most people not want anything to do with
them. Terrifying, intimidating, unpredictable... friends, ex-lovers, and parents alike avoid
them. Everyone except for one person. Their soft spot. The one person who could tame
that beast. No matter how angry or violent they get, or how abrasive and mean they
end up - they're never capable of hurting their one biggest, dearest weakness.[/FONT][/CENTER]
[HR=5][/HR]
[IMG width="600px"]https://i.imgur.com/SFrv2IL.png[/IMG]
[CENTER][FONT=didact gothic]《 Angel x Demon(ess) 》
Their kind get along like oil and water. Everything from their natural dispositions to the history
of their kind ensures that they will always be at each other's throats. Our characters aren't any
different in that regard... in fact they seem to hate each other's kind even more than average.
It's hard to justify that sort of anger when all of it just vanishes the moment they come in 
contact with each other. They make each other crave that taboo romance.
[/FONT][/CENTER]
[/FLOATLEFT][/FLOATRIGHT][/spoiler]
[hr=3][/hr]

[CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=rgb(255, 100, 127)][FONT=didact gothic]Toss me a PM if something catches your eye or you figure I'm someone you'd like to write with. 
Thanks for making it down here! xoxo[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/font][/size]
boZE8mY.png

Love is that condition in whichxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the happiness of another person
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxis essential to your own

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Long-term & Short-term
PMs/Threads/Discord

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Affection so sugary sweet it makes your teeth ache,
all the way to the obsessive, possessive, and darker pursuits,
I'm looking for something dripping in passion.
» Icebreakers
› Call me whatever gets the job done for you. Personally, DT rolls off the tongue nicer than 'you' does, though.
› Feel free to not be a stranger, unless you want to be.
› I'm about as laid back of a partner as you could reasonably conjure up in your brain.
› OOC is fantastic. Send me all of it, all the way from worldbuilding, to tossing around scenes, to just fucking around. That's all my jam.
› Ghost-friendly. I don't really give a damn if you ghost me. Just don't beat around the bush with me if you lose interest in the story, I'm obligated to fuck with you if you do. You can, contrary to belief, just vanish and not be bothered by me. Crazy, I know!
» Expectations
› From Me
› Post frequency anywhere between daily to every three days.
› I give what I get, whether that's novella or a comfy two paragraphs. Quality matters more to me than substance.
› I'll drop writing samples here eventually. Just ask if you need the goods, I'll cough 'em up.
› Primarily take on male, dominant roles such as...
✓ Cold, cutthroat men with a sweet spot for someone
✓ Obsessively passionate lovers
✓ Playful, bantering jokesters
✓ Cocky, confident assholes
✓ Hopeless sweethearts
✓ And just about everything in between those lines.
› Fade to black isn't my sort of thing. I write steamy, descriptive, degenerate smut with copious amounts of sexual tension. Write something with me that shows just how much our characters crave each other. You do that and we'll get along wonderfully.
› Fairly visual writer, I like to make my posts both heavily descriptive and visually pretty. References are common in my writing, for characters, locations, music, etc. etc. That isn't something you need to do as well, if you prefer to stick to solely words. Just let me know, I'm a versatile fella.
› From You
› I write best with submissive or switch feminine-leaning leads, but if you write mostly domineering roles feel free to give me a shot anyways. If I like you as a partner, I like you as a partner. It is what it is.
› I don't care what gender you are behind that screen either.
› I'm not really a stickler for rules, just have basic roleplay etiquette. Write in third person, don't control my character. Nice and simple, yeah?
› Partners who are assertive and know what they're looking for are so damn attractive. Don't be too indecisive, that's all I'm asking for.
› Communicative partners, likewise, are a blessing. Talk to me. It'll make it that much easier for the story to be far more enjoyable.
› Likewise, if you're crummy at moving the story along, choose reasonably. Short-term stories can be just as fun as long-term ones, I promise I'm not trying to peddle you some snake oil here.
Plots & Pairings
Everything down here is up for negotiation so long as it hits a general theme of romance in some way.

5Z2dKKH.jpg

《 Witch x Wizard》
Loosely based off of Fernanda Dias' artwork
A witch and a warlock are ostracized in their own respective magical communities
for their unique gifts which they come to hate. After they meet one another, they
learn to both love each other's gifts as well as their own.

A4PvBa6.png

《 Villain x Enforcer》
He's everything she's sworn to stand against. Every vile, evil bastard that she
fantasized about locking behind bars manifests in him in some way or form.
Despite how much they clash, their chemistry is undeniable. On those brief
little encounters they have - they start to crave each other wildly.
x
EW9nSnM.jpg

《 Divorcees 》
Burnt out and broken from stressful marriages, romance is almost completely
out of the question for our characters who are nearing their thirties. Despite
being jaded with the idea of romance, the two run into each other again.
At one point they were high school sweethearts... and maybe that spark is still there.

CgGSHIv.png

《 Patient x Doctor 》
White walls. White floor. White ceiling. The sight of him/her had always been the same for days.
Something was wrong with them, apparently. Their mind wasn't quite there, the line between
reality and fiction always seemed to blur. All the noise in their head would assure them of one
thing, however. Their doctor was always their friend. Maybe even something more...

NSFW Ver.
Oz3UAee.png

《 Toxic Rebounds 》
Every time they break up, it never is long until they're back together once more.
Whether it's that rough, carnal way they hatefuck each other to make up or
some hopeless infatuation with one another - they just can't leave. After
an especially bad fight, they hook up once more and this time? He
doesn't plan to let her go.

zTadtDB.png

《 Android x Creator 》
How far would one go for their ideal partner? Whether due to a failing marriage,
the untimely loss of a spouse, or just a fascination with someone seen in passing -
a skilled inventor becomes addicted to creating their personal Aphrodite/Adonis.
Day in and day out, they modify an android for their own personal desires all until
it finally activates and they find that its personality is radically different from what
was programmed.
7vU7EFs.png

《 Feral Lover 》
Just their reputation alone is enough to make most people not want anything to do with
them. Terrifying, intimidating, unpredictable... friends, ex-lovers, and parents alike avoid
them. Everyone except for one person. Their soft spot. The one person who could tame
that beast. No matter how angry or violent they get, or how abrasive and mean they
end up - they're never capable of hurting their one biggest, dearest weakness.

SFrv2IL.png

《 Angel x Demon(ess) 》
Their kind get along like oil and water. Everything from their natural dispositions to the history
of their kind ensures that they will always be at each other's throats. Our characters aren't any
different in that regard... in fact they seem to hate each other's kind even more than average.
It's hard to justify that sort of anger when all of it just vanishes the moment they come in
contact with each other. They make each other crave that taboo romance.

Toss me a PM if something catches your eye or you figure I'm someone you'd like to write with.
Thanks for making it down here! xoxo

#f24372
Code:
[CENTER][IMG width="1000px"]https://i.imgur.com/XEeJeHM.png[/IMG]
[CENTER][SIZE=6][COLOR=rgb(110, 22, 12)][FONT=didact gothic]━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=6][COLOR=rgb(110, 22, 12)]『[/COLOR] [B]Status: [COLOR=rgb(97, 189, 109)]Open[/COLOR] [/B]| | 8/3/2023 [COLOR=rgb(110, 22, 12)]』[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][COLOR=rgb(110, 22, 12)]〖[/COLOR] Long-term & Short-term [COLOR=rgb(110, 22, 12)]〗
〖[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=5]PMs/Threads/Discord [COLOR=rgb(110, 22, 12)]〗[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=6][COLOR=rgb(110, 22, 12)][FONT=didact gothic]━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic][COLOR=rgb(128, 0, 0)]⚠[/COLOR] WARNING - SHENANIGANS ARE LURKING AHEAD! [COLOR=rgb(128, 0, 0)]⚠
⚠[/COLOR] You should bounce if you're lookin' for something serious. [COLOR=rgb(128, 0, 0)]⚠[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[COLOR=rgb(128, 0, 0)][SIZE=6][FONT=didact gothic]━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]You know that saying? Trouble never comes alone?
That's me. And you.

Alright, so let me cough up what the hell I want - I'm looking to write stories that don't take themselves too seriously.[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]Comedic scenarios, delicious banter between characters, contrived storylines built off the back of images [I][B]meant [/B][/I]to be taken as jokes.
You get the idea. Or maybe you don't. Take a quick look at what I got cooking below in that case!
If you like any of it, toss me a PM and we can hash something out.

Skip the lame administrative gunk below if you...
A. Already know who I am
B. Don't really care who I am or how I write
C. Enjoy playing Russian Roulette, roleplay partner edition.[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[TABS width=600px block_align="bcenter"]
[SLIDE_HEADER][FONT=didact gothic]About Dev | | [/FONT][/slide_header]
[SLIDE]
[CENTER][IMG width="215px"]https://i.imgur.com/IbXDe3J.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
[JUSTIFY][FONT=didact gothic][COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][SIZE=4]〉Dev, Devil, DT[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=4] - you can call me [B][I]whatever[/I][/B] you want. Don't get too creative with it, though.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][SIZE=4]〉Twenty-something dude in the EST time zone.[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=4] Work bites my ankles like a starving rat, so while you can expect me [I]mostly [/I]in EST evenings, sometimes you might get the odd 2AM vampire reply.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][SIZE=4]〉I do well with people that can fuck around and not take themselves too seriously.[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=4] OOC is always massively appreciated, whether it's for plotting or just generally messing around. Likewise, the opposite also goes just fine by me. You don't want to hear a single [I][B]peep [/B][/I]outta me in OOC? Sure. No biggie!

[COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]〉Ghost-friendly.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic] That being said, I [I][B]do not [/B][/I]like people who beat around the bush. If you lose interest, just say so. There's no timeline out there (including this one) where it'll come as a soul-crushing revelation to me. Be forward and honest about what you're into and not into - I return the same level of respect of your time to you. Sound good? Good.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]〉I ravenously devour almost all forms of entertainment and media.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic] Books, shows, games - everything from crummy anime to hard-nosed reality shows. Drop me a line sometime, chances are we share a hobby here and there and I love getting to know my partners. [/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/JUSTIFY]
[/SLIDE]
[SLIDE_HEADER] [FONT=didact gothic]Writing Style | |[/FONT] [/slide_header]
[SLIDE]
[CENTER][IMG width="215px"]https://i.imgur.com/FxkQ1Y7.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
[JUSTIFY][FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]〉[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]Third person only. No exceptions. We can still be friends tho. <3[/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]〉[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE] Expect a reply either daily or every three days depending on my work schedule. Anything longer I will mention explicitly in my journal, or OOC, or it'll be somewhere. Probably.

[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]〉[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]You'll see anything between 400 words to ~3000 words per reply, averaging a little over a thousand for most replies. Juicy, elaborate replies do ungodly things to me and I love writing them but dragging on scenes endlessly isn't my thing. 

[FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]〉[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic][COLOR=null]I am a [I]very [/I]visual writer. I like my posts looking pretty. That includes imagery, both appropriate and exceptionally degenerate, music, and general styling to make my writing more palatable to my partner. Let me know if you wanna turn all that fancy gunk off though, I can pack just as much into my writing without it.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic][COLOR=null][FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]〉[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]Likewise, I enjoy rich writing. Runaway emotions, rich dialogue, juxtaposing something so sweet it makes your tooth ache with something that makes you shudder - I want to keep my partner on my toes in craving that next reply. If my writing doesn't hit that way for you, don't hesitate to say something to me.[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/JUSTIFY]
[/SLIDE]
[SLIDE_HEADER][FONT=didact gothic] Character Preferences | |[/FONT] [/slide_header]
[SLIDE]
[CENTER][IMG width="215px"]https://i.imgur.com/2kjgtqO.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
[JUSTIFY][FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]〉[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]While my leads could alternate from hopeless sweethearts to cold, cutthroat serial killers to confident, cocky assholes - the vast majority of my (main) leads will be masculine and domineering roles oftentimes with fairly strong and distinguishable personality traits that have some depth to them beyond what's plated up to be seen at first.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]〉[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE] Similarly, I am looking for a partner who settles comfortably against leading roles. Strong personalities are a joy to write against too, if you are the type of writer that can comfortably lean back and offer the reigns to your partner  from time to time. Male, female, or anything else are more than welcome to send interest messages.

[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]〉[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]I write some plenty of spicy sides to push the story forward but am primarily looking for 1x1 roleplays for this thread.[/FONT][/JUSTIFY]
[/SLIDE]
[SLIDE_HEADER][FONT=didact gothic] Kinks and Limits | |[/FONT][/slide_header]
[SLIDE]
[CENTER][IMG width="215px"]https://i.imgur.com/imlVb68.png[/IMG]
[FONT=didact gothic][TABLE]
[TR]
[TH]♡ Favorites ♡[/TH]
[TH]✔ Yes please ✔[/TH]
[TH]≈ Maaaybe ≈[/TH]
[TH]✗ Nah ✗[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dirty-Talking[/TD]
[TD]Choking[/TD]
[TD]Non-con[/TD]
[TD]Gore[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rough Sex[/TD]
[TD]Breeding[/TD]
[TD]Role Reversal[/TD]
[TD]Vore[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Begging[/TD]
[TD]Anal[/TD]
[TD]Objectification[/TD]
[TD]Scat & Watersports[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Edging[/TD]
[TD]DDLG[/TD]
[TD]Corruption[/TD]
[TD]Mutilation[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Fellatio[/TD]
[TD]Dub-con[/TD]
[TD]Pet Play[/TD]
[TD]Infantilism[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Brats[/TD]
[TD]Hate-fucking[/TD]
[TD]Orientation Play[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Restraints[/TD]
[TD]Size Differences[/TD]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE][/FONT]
[/CENTER]

[/SLIDE]
[SLIDE_HEADER][FONT=didact gothic] Contacting Me[/FONT][/slide_header]
[SLIDE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]See something you like? [URL='https://bluemoonroleplaying.com/community/conversations/add?to=Devils+Temptation']Send me a PM![/URL] I also accept unsolicited meme donations to my inbox. Also, know what you want before you show up or I'll prod fun at you for being indecisive. Just sayin'.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/SLIDE]
[/TABS]
[TABS width=600px block_align="bcenter"]
[SLIDE_HEADER][FONT=didact gothic]Image Inspo | | [/FONT][/slide_header]
[SLIDE][ACCORDION=BCENTER|600px][SLIDE=Father |center]
[CENTER][IMG width="600px"]https://i.imgur.com/MEVFfH1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]Chaste, modest, devout... YC was always an upstanding nun. Strict, firm, and stoic... standing opposite of her had been the Father, MC. By day, they are perfect paragons. By night? All of that unveils and they are insatiable, sinful degenerates for one another forced to walk a tightrope between their double lives.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/SLIDE]
[SLIDE= Hate, Love, Hate |center]
[CENTER][IMG width="600px"]https://i.imgur.com/qRDryEx.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG width="600px"]https://i.imgur.com/NtZxsmV.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]What happens when two people who are disgustingly into one another also hate each other's guts? MC and YC relentlessly and shamelessly shit talk each other constantly despite growing up together openly taunting one another's romantic choices, fashion sense, friends and company... all up until one day the tension snaps and suddenly they can't get their hands off one another. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[/SLIDE]
[SLIDE= Tomboy |center]
[CENTER][IMG width="600px"]https://i.imgur.com/ZfPUkVL.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]It's hard to really get them out of MC's mind. A pretty smile, soft voice, eye-catching appearance... and so they pluck up the courage to ask them out - before coming to the crippling realization that they're the gender opposite what MC is attracted to. And so, they think, maybe they could give a boy/girl a chance too?

I'd be more than happy to flip it so YC is a feminine male instead of a more masculine female.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/SLIDE]
[/ACCORDION][/SLIDE][ACCORDION=BCENTER|600px]
[/ACCORDION]
[/SLIDE]
[SLIDE_HEADER][FONT=didact gothic] Modern Plots | | [/FONT][/slide_header]
[SLIDE][CENTER][B]MODERN & SUPERNATURAL[/B][/CENTER]

[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic][B]1 :《 Possessed 》[/B]YC moves into a new apartment/home. Despite it being a steal, it comes with an odd rumor about being haunted. Once they get there, they realize it is, in fact. Terrifying as it is at first, they come to the realization the only thing MC wants is ravenous amounts of YC's affection. (Open to flipping MC & YC)

[B]2 :《 Shameless 》[/B]No one likes a couple that can't get their hands off each other. Unfortunately, MC doesn't particularly give a damn. Wherever, whenever, however... he's happy to show everyone just how much he loves YC even at their combined inconvenience.

[B]3 :《 Whipped Villain 》[/B]MC is the epitome of what one might consider evil. A renowned criminal, a mobster or an assassin - the terror of the city... until one day, he disappears. Where did he go? Well... he became a family man after ending up smitten by a very convincing YC. (Open to flipping MC & YC)

[B]4 :《 Black Cat 》[/B]YC has a crippling curse. No matter what they do or where they go, they end up plagued by bad luck. Relationships, work, basic activities like walking down the sidewalk. All of that changes when they meet someone who seemingly has an opposite blessing, MC who is blessed with god-like luck. (Open to flipping MC & YC)[/FONT][/SIZE][/SLIDE]

[SLIDE_HEADER][FONT=didact gothic] Fantasy Plots | | [/FONT][/slide_header]
[SLIDE][CENTER][B]FANTASY[/B][/CENTER]

[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic][B]1 :《 (S)Lay the Dragon 》[/B]YC, a renowned adventurer and combatant sets off to take down a mythical dragon. When they finally arrive to the dragon's den, they are instead met with the towering sight of the humanoid but distinctly draconic MC who is much more interested in taking YC as their mate instead. (Open to flipping MC & YC)

[B]2 :《 Wanderlust 》[/B]YC and MC were always born with the short end of the stick. Born into poverty, MC trained as a rogue and YC a bard. Their means of living? Hustling and then running their asses to another town to avoid getting arrested. It's not great living, but at the very least - it remains exciting and they always have one another.

[B]3 :《 Queen's Crown 》[/B](Arthurian Inspiration) Beloved by the masses, MC is the young King of a prosperous nation. However, he still lacks a Queen. While he was chosen by pulling his sword from a sacred stone, only the true Queen can wield his blade and so he hosts a competition to see if anyone can... before the most unlikely and unsuited candidate of lifts the weapon. [/FONT][/SIZE][/SLIDE]

[SLIDE_HEADER][FONT=didact gothic] Sci-Fi Plots | | [/FONT][/slide_header]
[SLIDE][CENTER][B]SCI-FI & APOC[/B][/CENTER]

[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic][B]1 :《 Spaghetti Code 》[/B]In the distant future, MC is a self-proclaimed roboticist with the sole goal of creating his ideal android lover. Unfortunately, when they come out... they have more than a few bugs and glitches that leave their personality wildly unsuited - in fact, the opposite of what he was wishing for. (Open to flipping MC & YC)

[B]2 :《 Thank God the World Ended 》[/B]A raging, ravenous plague eats through society turning most of the world's population into zombies. Tragic for just about everyone, except for MC and YC who both get released from the crippling obligations and responsibilities of their lives to live out their last few days in anarchy-fueled debauchery.

[B]3 :《 Shoot Me 》[/B]Somehow, in some way, MC always managed to weasel his way out of being caught by every bounty hunter throughout the galaxy. Amassing a massive bounty to retrieve him alive for his thefts and hijackings, YC - a bounty hunter, finally finds their lucky break by sneaking onto his ship... getting the jump on him once he jumps through a warp gate. The problem? They end up in dead space and have to endure each other's company for a week on a cramped ship while wanting to kill each other. (Open to flipping MC & YC) [/FONT][/SIZE][/SLIDE]
[/SLIDE]
[SLIDE_HEADER][FONT=didact gothic] Prompts | | [/FONT][/slide_header]
[SLIDE][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]1. "How was I supposed to know you didn't ACTUALLY want them dead?!"[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]2. "You want to drink my blood? Sure. Let me have some of your body in return."[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]3. "Don't call me the fucking degenerate, you're even worse than I am!"[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]4. "Usually signing deals with the Devil is beyond stupid, but trust me - it's in your best interests right now."[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]5. "Eat you? Sure I will... in a sense, anyways."[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]6. "No worries! It's not a crime if no one else finds out!"[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]7. "Craaazy. I'm the last one in the world you want to be stuck with and lookie here..."[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]8. "It's morally taboo for us to be together? No worries, I ask God for forgiveness every time we do anything remotely intimate."[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/SLIDE]
[/SLIDE]
[SLIDE_HEADER][FONT=didact gothic] Others [/FONT][/slide_header]
[SLIDE][SIZE=4][FONT=didact gothic]Interested in something that fits the theme but isn't here? No harm in sending me an idea! Feel free to pitch me something. Likewise, anything on this thread is more than open for modification if you have a more fun idea stirring in that head of yours.[/FONT][/SIZE][/SLIDE]
[/TABS]
XEeJeHM.png

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Long-term & Short-term
PMs/Threads/Discord

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
WARNING - SHENANIGANS ARE LURKING AHEAD!
You should bounce if you're lookin' for something serious.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
You know that saying? Trouble never comes alone?
That's me. And you.

Alright, so let me cough up what the hell I want - I'm looking to write stories that don't take themselves too seriously.
Comedic scenarios, delicious banter between characters, contrived storylines built off the back of images meant to be taken as jokes.
You get the idea. Or maybe you don't. Take a quick look at what I got cooking below in that case!
If you like any of it, toss me a PM and we can hash something out.

Skip the lame administrative gunk below if you...
A. Already know who I am
B. Don't really care who I am or how I write
C. Enjoy playing Russian Roulette, roleplay partner edition.

• IbXDe3J.png
    〉Dev, Devil, DT - you can call me whatever you want. Don't get too creative with it, though.

〉Twenty-something dude in the EST time zone. Work bites my ankles like a starving rat, so while you can expect me mostly in EST evenings, sometimes you might get the odd 2AM vampire reply.

〉I do well with people that can fuck around and not take themselves too seriously. OOC is always massively appreciated, whether it's for plotting or just generally messing around. Likewise, the opposite also goes just fine by me. You don't want to hear a single peep outta me in OOC? Sure. No biggie!

〉Ghost-friendly. That being said, I do not like people who beat around the bush. If you lose interest, just say so. There's no timeline out there (including this one) where it'll come as a soul-crushing revelation to me. Be forward and honest about what you're into and not into - I return the same level of respect of your time to you. Sound good? Good.

〉I ravenously devour almost all forms of entertainment and media. Books, shows, games - everything from crummy anime to hard-nosed reality shows. Drop me a line sometime, chances are we share a hobby here and there and I love getting to know my partners.
  • FxkQ1Y7.png
    Third person only. No exceptions. We can still be friends tho. <3

Expect a reply either daily or every three days depending on my work schedule. Anything longer I will mention explicitly in my journal, or OOC, or it'll be somewhere. Probably.

You'll see anything between 400 words to ~3000 words per reply, averaging a little over a thousand for most replies. Juicy, elaborate replies do ungodly things to me and I love writing them but dragging on scenes endlessly isn't my thing.

I am a very visual writer. I like my posts looking pretty. That includes imagery, both appropriate and exceptionally degenerate, music, and general styling to make my writing more palatable to my partner. Let me know if you wanna turn all that fancy gunk off though, I can pack just as much into my writing without it.

Likewise, I enjoy rich writing. Runaway emotions, rich dialogue, juxtaposing something so sweet it makes your tooth ache with something that makes you shudder - I want to keep my partner on my toes in craving that next reply. If my writing doesn't hit that way for you, don't hesitate to say something to me.
  • 2kjgtqO.png
    While my leads could alternate from hopeless sweethearts to cold, cutthroat serial killers to confident, cocky assholes - the vast majority of my (main) leads will be masculine and domineering roles oftentimes with fairly strong and distinguishable personality traits that have some depth to them beyond what's plated up to be seen at first.

Similarly, I am looking for a partner who settles comfortably against leading roles. Strong personalities are a joy to write against too, if you are the type of writer that can comfortably lean back and offer the reigns to your partner from time to time. Male, female, or anything else are more than welcome to send interest messages.

I write some plenty of spicy sides to push the story forward but am primarily looking for 1x1 roleplays for this thread.
  • imlVb68.png

♡ Favorites ♡✔ Yes please ✔≈ Maaaybe ≈✗ Nah ✗
    Dirty-TalkingChokingNon-conGore
    Rough SexBreedingRole ReversalVore
    BeggingAnalObjectificationScat & Watersports
    EdgingDDLGCorruptionMutilation
    FellatioDub-conPet PlayInfantilism
    BratsHate-fuckingOrientation Play
    RestraintsSize Differences
  • See something you like? Send me a PM! I also accept unsolicited meme donations to my inbox. Also, know what you want before you show up or I'll prod fun at you for being indecisive. Just sayin'.

• Father
    MEVFfH1.jpg

Chaste, modest, devout... YC was always an upstanding nun. Strict, firm, and stoic... standing opposite of her had been the Father, MC. By day, they are perfect paragons. By night? All of that unveils and they are insatiable, sinful degenerates for one another forced to walk a tightrope between their double lives.
    Hate, Love, Hate
    qRDryEx.jpg

NtZxsmV.jpg

What happens when two people who are disgustingly into one another also hate each other's guts? MC and YC relentlessly and shamelessly shit talk each other constantly despite growing up together openly taunting one another's romantic choices, fashion sense, friends and company... all up until one day the tension snaps and suddenly they can't get their hands off one another.
    Tomboy
    ZfPUkVL.jpg

It's hard to really get them out of MC's mind. A pretty smile, soft voice, eye-catching appearance... and so they pluck up the courage to ask them out - before coming to the crippling realization that they're the gender opposite what MC is attracted to. And so, they think, maybe they could give a boy/girl a chance too?

I'd be more than happy to flip it so YC is a feminine male instead of a more masculine female.
  • MODERN & SUPERNATURAL

1 :《 Possessed 》YC moves into a new apartment/home. Despite it being a steal, it comes with an odd rumor about being haunted. Once they get there, they realize it is, in fact. Terrifying as it is at first, they come to the realization the only thing MC wants is ravenous amounts of YC's affection. (Open to flipping MC & YC)

2 :《 Shameless 》No one likes a couple that can't get their hands off each other. Unfortunately, MC doesn't particularly give a damn. Wherever, whenever, however... he's happy to show everyone just how much he loves YC even at their combined inconvenience.

3 :《 Whipped Villain 》MC is the epitome of what one might consider evil. A renowned criminal, a mobster or an assassin - the terror of the city... until one day, he disappears. Where did he go? Well... he became a family man after ending up smitten by a very convincing YC. (Open to flipping MC & YC)

4 :《 Black Cat 》YC has a crippling curse. No matter what they do or where they go, they end up plagued by bad luck. Relationships, work, basic activities like walking down the sidewalk. All of that changes when they meet someone who seemingly has an opposite blessing, MC who is blessed with god-like luck. (Open to flipping MC & YC)
  • FANTASY

1 :《 (S)Lay the Dragon 》YC, a renowned adventurer and combatant sets off to take down a mythical dragon. When they finally arrive to the dragon's den, they are instead met with the towering sight of the humanoid but distinctly draconic MC who is much more interested in taking YC as their mate instead. (Open to flipping MC & YC)

2 :《 Wanderlust 》YC and MC were always born with the short end of the stick. Born into poverty, MC trained as a rogue and YC a bard. Their means of living? Hustling and then running their asses to another town to avoid getting arrested. It's not great living, but at the very least - it remains exciting and they always have one another.

3 :《 Queen's Crown 》(Arthurian Inspiration) Beloved by the masses, MC is the young King of a prosperous nation. However, he still lacks a Queen. While he was chosen by pulling his sword from a sacred stone, only the true Queen can wield his blade and so he hosts a competition to see if anyone can... before the most unlikely and unsuited candidate of lifts the weapon.
  • SCI-FI & APOC

1 :《 Spaghetti Code 》In the distant future, MC is a self-proclaimed roboticist with the sole goal of creating his ideal android lover. Unfortunately, when they come out... they have more than a few bugs and glitches that leave their personality wildly unsuited - in fact, the opposite of what he was wishing for. (Open to flipping MC & YC)

2 :《 Thank God the World Ended 》A raging, ravenous plague eats through society turning most of the world's population into zombies. Tragic for just about everyone, except for MC and YC who both get released from the crippling obligations and responsibilities of their lives to live out their last few days in anarchy-fueled debauchery.

3 :《 Shoot Me 》Somehow, in some way, MC always managed to weasel his way out of being caught by every bounty hunter throughout the galaxy. Amassing a massive bounty to retrieve him alive for his thefts and hijackings, YC - a bounty hunter, finally finds their lucky break by sneaking onto his ship... getting the jump on him once he jumps through a warp gate. The problem? They end up in dead space and have to endure each other's company for a week on a cramped ship while wanting to kill each other. (Open to flipping MC & YC)
  • 1. "How was I supposed to know you didn't ACTUALLY want them dead?!"
    2. "You want to drink my blood? Sure. Let me have some of your body in return."
    3. "Don't call me the fucking degenerate, you're even worse than I am!"
    4. "Usually signing deals with the Devil is beyond stupid, but trust me - it's in your best interests right now."
    5. "Eat you? Sure I will... in a sense, anyways."
    6. "No worries! It's not a crime if no one else finds out!"
    7. "Craaazy. I'm the last one in the world you want to be stuck with and lookie here..."
    8. "It's morally taboo for us to be together? No worries, I ask God for forgiveness every time we do anything remotely intimate."
  • Interested in something that fits the theme but isn't here? No harm in sending me an idea! Feel free to pitch me something. Likewise, anything on this thread is more than open for modification if you have a more fun idea stirring in that head of yours.

Last edited:
Untitled(1).png
Imagine that, actually using the journal to write down journal thoughts!

Can't say whether or not this is going to turn into something regular but either way, I hope this makes for an enjoyable read for the occasional fella or gal that ends up stumbling onto this journal. I'm just looking to air out a couple of my thoughts publicly. Expect all of this to be fairly casual and light-hearted, but I might delve into some spicier topics here or there. Tread carefully!

83c5424e1eabcb2f38793f72e81a8dd5.jpg

Duality.

It's a theme I like in writing a lot. A sweetheart with a demon or sugary affection alongside bitter angst -- but I've also come to realize I like it a lot inside of my own characters as well. Liking it might be an understatement. It's actually more like I have a terrible habit of making awful men that have some incredibly sweet traits and habits to themselves. Serial killers with a sweet tooth, mobsters that enjoy cuddling, villains with a knack for flowers, or demons that have a soft spot for kids. The strangest thing of all? It isn't at all meant to be any sort of redeeming quality in them. Insufferable, sadistic, downright villainous - you could name them any one of those things and it would fit like a glove so why is it that I tack all of this onto them?

It might be the brain rot, honestly. A bizarre quirkiness that comes from the writer that he just needs to implement into all of his baddies.

On a slightly more serious note, it's almost certainly the fact that I'm enamored with the idea that even someone brutal has a soft spot or a hint of sweetness for someone or something special. I've always said this, but if everything about a story is pure grunge then those moments of vitriol never hit nearly as hard. It may also be the romantic in me that finds some sort of adoration in shoehorning romance into even the most dire, desperate sort of scenarios and stories.

Go figure - the guy whose name is Devil's Temptation has a knack for playing villains, eh?

I have a little bit of a love/hate relationship with the archetype. I love those sickly, dark topics and writing along that morbid edge will never not be interesting to me but I also hate villains because of the fact that I absolutely love sweetness. Open displays of affection, gushing on about flower language after gifting flowers, setting the romantic lead at ease as if there's not one single thing in the world to worry about so long as they're with their special someone, those are all things that I love reading and writing.

Oh well.

It might be why I gun my request threads down within a few days of posting them. It's a cycle. That itch for sugar starts to overpower the craving for bitter coffee. Sometimes one rolls over the other. One month I might want to write the most hard-lined criminal in the world and the next, I am feasting to write some soft-hearted fella with a big grin and a knack for being a cutie. I wonder why that is?

Is anyone else like that? Just being so into two widely opposing themes that seem like they would never be able to coexist but somehow, in some way, you feel that they do actually go quite well together? I'd love to know.

For the folks out there that are like that, honestly... I hope you can have your cake and eat it too. I happen to be blessed with some incredible partners that let me do exactly that. <3

Anyways, that's my rant over. Thanks for tuning into my TED talk about mixing two things that definitely don't go together. I'll see you next time!

...Maybe not. Gotta see how I feel on the next week.

Untitled2.png
Here I am, back again.

This one won't be nearly as long. Guess I'm making banners for all my entries now, huh? I might get a little lazy on those. Or just break it down to four. Either way, the cat with the mug on his head up there is a little too good to not use. Anyways, without further adieu...

xx

Ten years and this still hits hard as ever. There's something awfully romantic about this version. Whether it's the way the music softens and the piano kicks in to create that 'moment' or how this entire piece is just one big allegory for the entirety of this aesthetic, both the movie and the book -- glitz, glamour, and a deeply sad existence.

Anyways, I have no clue whether this is just me craving a roleplay in the Roaring Twenties/Prohibition era or if I'm just fawning over Lana Del Rey's music. Simplest answer is that it'd probably both. Anyone looking for gun-toting mobsters, speakeasies dates, or a new-wealth businessman loaded with shady money? Settings like these tend to be a little too novel though. Oh well. I'll toss a net out if the urge hits any harder.

One thing I do know is that I dream of the day the studio drops this version of the song officially.
Until then, old sport!

Untitled.png
I have an absurd amount of visuals that either never see the light of day or I just use once and then blast them off to the void. Might toss them up here instead.

Probably not, tho. That being said, I wanted to keep this entry for some of the request thread ideas I had but haven't gotten around to doing (yet?) - anyways, enjoy for anyone peeking in. Hopefully it spreads some inspiration, if nothing else.

bxr5bQC.png
Happily Never After: I was imagining a dark fairytale/fantasy themed request thread. Potential bad end included? Anyways, something, something grimdark twist on the fairytale aesthetic. Most of the ideas below are bastardized versions of actual fairytales.

➤ Little Red, but she's actually a huntress that ends up in a darker romance with something she's trying to exterminate. Whole lotta feral, wild hate-fucking and general disgust in a taboo relationship that turns into something far more substantial.
➤ Ostracized village girl makes a deal with a faerie, ends up in a contract with a demon and ends up as a witch forced to live in obscurity. Corruption, mind breaking, all around bad-ending is ripe in this one.

➤ Pinocchio twist, skilled toymaker makes a clockwork girl indistinguishable from a regular girl. However, she needs to be constantly wound up by a key on her back in order to continue living. Her father ends up passing away and so she's forced to cling to a traveling wandering to stop herself from timing out and dying permanently.
kFeCv8U.png

Enigmatic: Mystery-themed request thread, something along the lines of either a murder mystery or something in a similar vein. Investigators, spies, serial killers... you get the idea. I'm a huge fan of dramatic twists and turns. Honestly might even turn this thread into a group style story that's more or less a roleplay murder mystery.

➤ Spy vs spy; two operatives under different factions end up in the same socialite party. Maybe one is on the trail of the other, or they just end up running into one another by chance. Flirting, teasing, banter all around... followed by a slow unveil of each other's identity starts to muddy an already flaring attraction to each other.
➤ Writing psychotic men is great. Something about unhinged fellas that are wildly in love with their heroines is delicious. Police investigator x some Riddler type killer, murders indiscriminately while leaving a paper trail of hints behind to help them catch him... or to satisfy his own ego. Investigator is the only one who gets remotely close to him so he becomes fanatically obsessed with her.

➤ Couple burnt out on life orchestrates a grandiose double-suicide/murder at their home about themselves in an attempt to start over elsewhere. However, they're rich and affluent and so the police is constantly attempting to unravel their true status and they're forced to live in secretive obscurity... through potentially shady methods.
k1gVaok.png

Enemies to Lovers: Hate-love dynamics are the name of the game here. I actually love slow-burns but I think they take a very specific type of partner to pull off so I was more so imagining sporadic, very feisty couples who shit-talk constantly for this one. Eventually, all that tension blossoms into something far more intimate.

➤ Neighbors from Hell, metaphorically. They got along when they first moved in, but at some point it turns into an antagonistic match of who can be the bigger piece of shit to the other. They constantly bitter and banter. Couple it with exaggeratedly loud fucking late at night or intentionally petty acts on each other and voila, you get two people that want to absolutely murder each other.
➤ Opposite factions, something like a Romeo or Juliet but they start out at each other's throats. Maybe it's anger from being enamored at one another - the other is a little too charming and a little too attractive for the little nuisance they are. Soon, it shifts to all those late-night illicit rendezvous.
➤ Two characters forced to travel together for whatever reason - maybe it's the apocalypse, maybe they're in a fantasy-style adventure, maybe they're on the same intergalactic route -- whatever the case is, they're forced to cooperate together. Feathers are ruffled, the duo threatens to break up, but they never quite get there. Or maybe they do and they rebound in that toxic, terrible way over and over again - it's a little sweeter and a little more heated every time.

1707035530859.png
Addicted.

Every so often, I tend to sink my fangs into an experience that I can't get enough of. A show, a book, a movie - usually I can pace myself pretty well when it comes to these sorts of things. After all, what point is there in rushing an experience? Sometimes, though, it feels like that choice isn't there at all. One day I am at the start, by the end of the week I am drowning 170 chapters into something. Anyone else get obsessed like that?

Anyways - here's the topic of this lil' entry.

A Japanese manga that is about - you guessed it - climbing mountains! ...But also so much more. There are so many things I could say in the realm of glowing praise for this story. The art is gorgeous, to start. If there was ever an instance of a picture is worth a thousand words, this one would be it. Everything from the anatomy of a human being to the colossal, ranging peaks of the scenery are all meticulously built to ensure that the experience of pushing from one page to another is breathtaking. Even that, however, is only miniscule compared to what I really have come to love about this series. The focus is on mountain climbing, but dives much deeper into the psyche of human being and what it truly means to chase your goals even at the cost of everything else that might keep you grounded.

There are some awful, terrible human beings in this series. Deception, greed, disloyalty... all to be outweighed by similar acts of kindness, sacrifice, and raw honesty. Nothing is ever black or white, as it usually tends to be in life. I appreciate that a lot about this series, more than I could dare to put into words. When it comes to writing characters that are awful at their core, I am absolutely no stranger but even I despise the notion of a straight evil villain. No one in this series is like that, even the most foul individuals.

In a lot of ways, The Climber is both a journey for the protagonist and the reader themselves. Just as the protagonist falls for the call of the mountain, there is a sense of craving your very own fulfillment. Your own climb, so to say.

Anyways, I would fully recommend this to anyone that has interest in seinen manga or just in general enjoys metaphorical and introspective series. Fair warning though, mountains are terrifying places and this series absolutely does not sugarcoat that fact.

Honestly I would end it right there but there was a little more of a tidbit that I wanted to add in --

Where I had grown up, there were also mountains. The types that sometimes, you would hear from time to time, someone had ventured up them and never again returned back down. Merciless sort of climbs that had never made sense to me as a child. Why would they? What kind of person would vanish several thousands of meters up the elevation of a mountainside just to end up passing miles from any sort of help? Even after reading, I still could not get it. Nature is terrifying, always has been - always will be. Growing up with in a rural childhood you grow to understand that very intimately. There was, however, just one thing that remains fresh in my memories when talking about those mountains that I had come to know as so incredibly hostile.

1707039107234.png Somewhere on the foothills of those wide expanses, there grows this delicate little white flower with the most gorgeous scent. Love, sensuality, grace. It's a flower that can mean many things and it's one I hold very dearly in my heart.

Even though I have zero intention of scaling anything, I lack both the experience and even the interest to do something like that, one of these days I do plan to return back to my home country. I had no intention of taking a trip out to something even more remote like the foothills to see flowers like these but honestly? I think I almost certainly will now.

Nature is wildly dangerous, but it is also wildly beautiful.

For as gorgeously as The Climber captured that duality, I too would love to witness it just once in my life.

That's just one more thing to add onto the bucket list! If I ever do end up going, I'll update this journal post with a few pictures. Anyways, that's all I had for now. Guess I'm getting into the habit of updating these journals a little more often, huh? God bless. I get to use my cat header a little more often from now on lol.

See ya' next time!

Back
Top Bottom