Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Who Do You Write Like?

Vyce

Star
im-curious-i-wonder.gif

When you paste a snippet of your writing onto "I Write Like", who do you find you write as? Are the results surprising or flattering?​

I posted five different snippets from current RPs and got: David Foster Wallace, Mario Puzo, Daniel Defoe and Arthur Clarke (twice).

While I don't know who Daniel Defoe is and am only vaguely aware of David Foster Wallace, to have even the smallest comparison to Puzo (The Godfather, and one of my favorite authors) or Clarke (co-wrote the screenplay for 2001: A Space Odyssey) is incredibly flattering. :)

Ohhh, fun. Cool idea Vyce!

This is one of those things I just really want to pick apart though, like if it's actually analyzing prose or just looking for key words.

I posted four snippets from four most recent replies to four different RPs and got:

1. Dan Brown - not mad about this one. Da Vinci Code is sick

2. James Joyce - who? sound vaguely familar but can't recall off of the top of my mind

3. Stephanie Myer - are you fucking kidding me???? This is the one that made me suspicious. Is it because my response had the word 'werewolf' in it? I would sooner swear off writing than be compared to Stepahnie Myer

4. Stephen King - wow. Flattered & floored by this one tbh. I'm def no Mr. King but if this online engine thingy said so, then heyyyyy XD

And when it comes to more, erm, smutty/erotic fare...apparently I write like Stephen King and Anne Rice.

Anne Rice twice for smut. One for a non-con scene where I wrote male. One for a dub-con scene where I wrote female. I'm starting to think all smut = Anne Rice for this search engine XD.

I put the poem I wrote for Forum Games in and got William Shakespeare. Das my boi. Let's fucking goooooooooooooo!

Margaret Atwood, apparently??

Not sure what this implies, as I have only come across the name in very broad, vague passes...

I put in my last three replies, and am very flattered :oops:

1. Stephen King 2. Margaret Atwood 3. Arthur Clarke

I put in my last three replies, and am very flattered :oops:

1. Stephen King[/INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT=2][/INDENT] [INDENT=2][INDENT=2][SIZE=3]2. Margaret Atwood[/SIZE][/INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT=2][/INDENT] [INDENT=2][INDENT=2][SIZE=3]3. Arthur Clarke [/SIZE]​

Put a smut one in Retro, I'm dying to see a poll of how many times Anne Rice shows up in this discussion thread.

So far it looks like non-smut can proc Anne Rice, but smut is always proccing Anne Rice within a few tries. XD

Put a smut one in Retro, I'm dying to see a poll of how many times Anne Rice shows up in this discussion thread.

So far it looks like non-smut can proc Anne Rice, but smut is always proccing Anne Rice within a few tries. XD

the fact that I got Dan Brown for my smut sample explains a lot about me, I think :]

Heyy I got Dan Brown earlier too, for non-smut tho. Fist-bump! I'm gonna mess with this engine somemore later. I think I'm starting to figure it out. Pretty sure it's very key words intensive, and sentence structure less-so.

Dangit

I figured I'd cheat the smut algorithm by trying stuff that was very indirectly alluding to smutty stuff, so as to avoid certain authors.
Alas, you might as well call me Japanese now, because my staple food was Rice - Anne Rice

Vladimir Nabokov, wtf.

(I did smut and not-smut, same answer.)

Back
Top Bottom