Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Carpathian People (Me and JosieAnna)

Raziel99

Pulsar
It had been a long time waiting, 3 years, but Dimitri was once again in the Carpathian Mountains, standing in the forest, shaking the snow from his coat. It was coming down in sheets, so his coat was easily covered again by the blinding white. His blue eyes looked over his old homeland, and where he was when the Great War between the vampires and magi started.

In his wolf form, he ran through the forest, to where a log cabin stood. In there was the object that he traveled thousands of miles, from Russia, for. The object of his affections and love... and his salvation. He stayed in the forest, knowing Gabriel's temper, knowing that going too near the house would give him a one way ticket to pain and death.

Skyler sat inside, watching her adopted parents play with the children while she made dinner for herself and her siblings. Gabriel had promised that he would turn her after her 18th birthday, but she understood why he hadn't kept his promise for over a year. Dimitri. Just the thought of his name made her sigh - in longing and in anxiety. Yes, she could see herself caring for him....if she ever got over the horror of her past. Sensing someone outside, Skyler turned to the window. Seeing nothing immediately, she almost turned away. And then she saw the eyes, and looking harder, the outline of the wolf. Knowing instinctively who it was, she smiled a little, then returned to the counter. Thinking to Francesca, asking her to keep Gabriel calm, she opened the door. "Come in, Dimitri," she said softly, knowing he would hear her. As soon as she said his name, she felt Gabriel beside her and nudged him away, before Francesca lured him back to the children. He still watched the doorway, practically glowering.

He saw her before he heard her, and he felt a rush of emotions that threatened to overtake him. But he kept his composure, slowly trotting forward. He shook his fur out just outside of the cabin before walking in, shifting to his human form. Brushing a lock of hair from his eyes, tucking it behind his ear, he smiled at Skyler, his eyes going from her eyes, to her lips, to the necklace he had given her 3 years ago.

"I see you have kept my necklace. I hope it has given you luck?" He reached out, almost stroking her cheek before feeling the heated glare from Gabriel. Dimitri turned to look at him. "You do not have to worry; you, out of anyone here, knows that I cannot hurt her."

Skyler smiled, but at the pause in his movements, suddenly becomes afraid to be so close to him. She steps back, turning around and returning to the counter to finish the food. "Yes, it has brought me luck. Thank you." She looked at Gabriel and noticed him still glaring. "You know, that is slightly annoying. You've spent the last three years teaching me about lifemates, and what will happen to a Carpathian male if he doesn't join with his lifemate. And now, you're being rude," she scolded him, causing Francesca to laugh. Setting the food on the table, she sits with one foot underneath her as her siblings run to eat.

He stood there for a moment, captivated by the strength that she had gained in the last three years. But he quickly cleared his mind, walking over to their living area, sitting down and leaning back in the chair. He wasn't accustomed to leaving himself in a open and vulnerable situation, but he trusted that he wasn't going to be harmed by Gabriel. He WAS Skyler's lifemate, no matter how much Gabriel didn't like it. "I know you would prefer me changing, Gabriel, and putting me down yourself. It's sad, though."

With the children safely at the table, Gabriel just glared at the other man. "That is not at all what I'd prefer. I like you, Dimitri. I only worry about what joining with you will do to Skyler."

Skyler was sitting at the table and heard every word that the men said. At that particular comment, she grabbed a soccer ball from the floor and threw it at Gabriel's head with perfect aim. "We've been through this. I won't condemn Dimitri," she told him. "But that doesn't mean I'm not afraid," she added for Dimitri's benefit.

He had to hold back a chuckle as the soccer ball hit Gabriel. He knew at least a handful of men that would have loved to have seen that happen, and it was sad that he didn't have anything to show them... physically. But he spread the memory out to Everyone nearby, mainly to Gregori and Mikhail. He heard their soft laughter, and he noticed the tones of Raven, too.

"I know." he said in his soft tones to Skyler, turning his head and keeping his eyes aimed low, not needing to be captivated to speechlessness by her beauty. "And I am sorry."

At this, Skyler scoffed. "Don't be sorry. It isn't your fault. And I'm sure that I'll be fine...eventually." After saying this, she noticed that her siblings were done eating and were waiting eagerly for Francesca to help them into their snow suits so that they could go play outside. Smiling gently, she gathered the dishes and began washing them in the sink.

He slowly got up and walked over to her. He stood next to her and dipped his hands in and helped wash the dishes. Get the work done faster and he would have more time with her. But as he cleaned them, time seemed to slow down to a crawl. The dishes seemed to take forever. Anticipation, he told himself.

Strange, because for Skyler the time flew by. Too soon it seemed that all of the dishes were washed, dried and put away. Lifting herself to sit on a counter, Skyler looked at the man who was her lifemate. "Where have you been?" she asked quietly, having never listened to any of the other Carpathians talk about him.

Finally, the dishes were clean and away, and he turned to her when he heard her words. Instantly he was stunned by her words. She looked so... grown up, now. "I've been... away." He said soft. "Back in Russia with my pack, taking care of them. They love it when it snows."

Skyler brought her knees up to her chest and hugged them. "The wolves?" she asked excitedly. They had always been her favorite animal, and she felt particularlyattached to Dimitri's pack, ever since Gabriel had bought her one of the stuffed wolves that were from his organization. "Why did you stay away so long?"

He smiled at her words. "The pack I take care of. I keep them safe from the predators and hunters out there. And I stay with them as one of them. They help as detection of vampires." He sighed after her last, though, looking away. "I needed to separate myself some, so I wasn't overtaken by these new emotions. Something I haven't felt for many, many years."

Skyler thought about that for a moment, then scooted off the counter, standing and walking toward him. "Is it really that bad? Feeling emotion?" she asked when she stood inches away from him, trembling only slightly.

He looked her in the eye as she moved closer, feeling a rush of happiness and need fill him, something that he fought down with all the willpower he had. "It can be." He said sadly. "I haven't felt anything for years. Now, all of this is rushing at me, the good and bad of emotions... It's hard to control at times."

"I'm sorry," she whispered. "I know that having me as your lifemate doesn't help much." Skyler looked down at the floor, feeling slightly ashamed of how much pain she must cause him.

He moved just a little closer to her, his fingers moving to her shin and lifting her head up to look into his eyes. He had leaned forward, and was a little surprised to find their faces, their lips, a mere few inches away from each others. Boy, she had grown in the last three years.

"Don't be sorry," He whispered softly, feeling her low breathing on his lips, wanting to kiss her badly but not, because Gabriel was somewhere behind him. "It is not your fault what I feel, what every male feels when they find their lifemate."

Skyler looked up at him, a tear in her eye. "But it is my fault that you aren't around you lifemate like you should be. It's my fault that we can't be joined so that you can learn to live with your emotions," she said, one tear trickling down her cheek.

His hand came up, gently stroking her cheek with his fingertips before pulling her close to him. "It is not your fault. You were old for your age, but you still had growing to do. But you are here with me now. That is what matters."

Skyler impulsively wraps her arms around him and buries her face in his chest. When she realized what she'd done, she waited for the panic to set in, but it didn't, so she stayed exactly where she was.

He smiled at that, his arms going loosely around her, holding her to him. A hand went through her hair slowly, eyes closed and he sighed softly, happily. But after a moment he opened his eyes and turned his head, looking at Gabriel.

Skyler felt his hand in her hair and simply smiled a little. When he lifted his head to look at Gabriel, she turned around as well.

"What, no panic attack?" Gabriel asked, slightly disappointed. If the man had to have Skyler as his lifemate, couldn't she at least give him one good panic attack? "Clearly, she's chosen to accept you, Dimitri. I'll not stand in your way."

Skyler stood there and at Gabriel's comment, her eyes dropped to the floor. "Not yet," she muttered.

He smiled at Gabriel's words, but at Skyler's, he turned to look at her again. He pulled her close, resting his cheek against the top of her head. "Do not be afraid. And please, do not worry. I waited over 500 years, I can wait a few more if I must."

Skyler shook her head. "No, the longer I wait, the worse it will be," she told him decisively. She turned around again and looked up at him. "And I don't know what I'll do if I can't be with you," she whispered.

He heard her words, and a sigh escaped his lips. He pulled her close, eyes closed as he rested his head against her. "I know a nice place nearby that I will be staying at. You can visit anytime."

Back
Top Bottom