Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Professional Divides (LunarWolf & GuardianAngel)

LunarWolf

Cluster
LIlly looked at the paper work she was placing in to her bag. she still didn't know why sh ehad agreed to come out of retirement to do the music for this new movie but she had agreed and had sighed the contract so she was bound to finish the music or the fine she had to pay would force her out of retirement. once she was certain that she had what she needed Lilly headed out and got in to her car. it took her an hour to get to where they were meeting for the first script reading and she went in and settled in the corner. for her to write the music she needed to hear the voices of who would be singing it so that she could write it out properly and stay with in their vocal range. around ten minutes after she arrived the cast started filing in with the director coming in last.

A male with pale blonde hair was standing up on the stage at the time, just reading through some of the script, mumbling his lines under his breath. "Honestly though.... This is suppose to be a horror movie yet there isn't anything terrifying about any of this... I still think we need to be inserting screams or something." he was commenting which had the director stating that he would think about it, but he would have to get it okayed with the rest of the cast, wanting their opinion. Yet it seemed like everybody was under the agreement that there needed to be more horror than not. Malakai Anderson was just pushing a bit of his blonde hair out of his face, before his eyes were flickering towards the doors as they were opening and a few more people were coming in. Both of them were woman; one of them didn't seem all that pleased to be there, and the other one was somebody that he recognized. And he found himself a bit surprised that she was even there.

"What brings you here, Crystella?" Malakai was questioned when the black haired singer was walking into the building and she was just pointing towards the director before she was stating, "He requested my assistance. Said that he was needing a professional to sing some of the more eerie music that he has planned. I said why not. Not like I have anything else going on." The leader singer of the band Underworld Hearts, an all female band that had become one of the hottest bands nationwide over the past few years. And the lead singer had that haunting beautiful voice that one would hear in video games. Her voice actually reminded her of the voice that sang a few of the songs from the game Maid of Sker. Which only made the game slightly more terrifying.

Alexander watched as they argued while he sat and looked at them "are we going to start this reading or are we just going to waste the directors time along with everyone elses while you two have your little spat." Alexander then spotted Lilly and her frowned he didn't know her and he was trying to figure out who she was and why she was there. Alexander then looked at the director and asked as much as only those involved withthe movie were suppose to be there.

Lilly leaned back and waited fo rthe director to inform him of who she was but otherwise she would remain quite. knowing who was doing the singing for the songs had her smiling this would make her job that much more easier as her vocal range was so vast that she already knew what she could and couldn't hit.

"We aren't having a spat, I was merely answering his question." Crystella was commenting as she looked towards the male that was interjecting before he knew everything. Even the others were staying silent at that point in time, and she was turning away so that she could go and stand off stage. The others were heading up onto the stage so that they could get ready for the read through of the script. A mystery horror movie is what they were putting on. A young man had just received a letter from somebody who was telling him about the grand reopening of a once famous hotel. So he travels there with his best friend, but the pair of them learn that things aren't what they seem to be. There has been something strange going on at the hotel as they run into many strangely masked people who are aiming to kill them. Already the director was gesturing towards Lilly and explaining that she would be writing the music for them, while Crystella would be the one singing the background music.

And soon enough everybody was taking their places, starting with Malakai and Alexander, who were pretending that they were sitting on the train, heading towards the hotel that a letter was directing them towards. The woman who was suppose to be reading the script for the letter in the background started to read through it, yet she didn't seem to have any passion in it at all. There wasn't that sense of mystery at all, yet hopefully as later readings went by that would change. Crystella was leaning against the wall, merely watching for the time being; and just reading through the script herself. It was stating on hers where she would be that background singer, the first time being as soon as they arrive at the hotel; she would start as soon as they were walking through the gates that would lead them to the motel.

Although it didn't seem as though the director had any indication of what kind of music that he was wanting, which is why Lilly was there. So Crystella was going to have to improvise a bit. She was thinking for a moment in time before an idea was coming to her mind about what to do. Hopefully the director wasn't going to pitch too much of a fit about it, yet again he should have dictated what he was wanting. So the two continued to rehearse through their scene, and then it was a scene change. And they were arriving to the hotel, or at least the grounds of the hotel, making a show of exploring the area around the hotel.

Yet it wasn't long before the director was cueing in Crystella for her to add in that background singing, to add to the suspense as they "walked" towards the hotel. This had her letting out a slow breath before she began to sing; her voice hauntingly beautiful.

(If you look up the game Maid of Sker, kind of what I am going off of, without fully copying it.)

(ok)

Lilly listened to her sing and since she now knew where one of the songs was going she went to work on that particular song. since the director hadn 't given her any directions she first composed the music for the song before she went to work on the lyrics. the song she composed during the rehersal for the first section of the movie was completed and she went to humming the song to see if it worked how she wanted to see if she needed to make any changes. Lilly had to alter a couple of the lines but after she was able to see how it would fit in to the movie. Lilly then handed Crystella the song and the sheet music after she copied it down for her so that she had somethign to reherse

Soon enough Crystella was going over to where Lilly was at and was just looking at the lyrics after she had been handed the sheet music. She was just humming through it for a brief moment in time before she was giving a nod of her head. And the director was coming over briefly to tell them that he was wanting to stick with that throughout the movie, that it had been perfect. He was walking off to direct a few others to their places so that they could go to the next part of the movie, after the arrival of the boys and the initial exploration of the hotel. When the more creepy stuff started to come into play. A phone call from the mysterious woman who had sent the letter, claiming that she was hidden away within the attic of the hotel, and how there were things that they were needing to find. This had the boys going down to the basement so that they could return power to the hotel, and they were being introduced to the eerie masked people.

Lilly nodded and then started looking though the script and after reading where the songs needed to be she went to work on writing the rest of the music for the movie. the sooner she got it done the sooner she was able to leave unless she got sucked in to doing something more with the movie then she wanted to do. Lilly soon finished the work and sat back waiting so that she could see if all the songs fit before she was leaving

Crystella just sat in one of the many chairs and was just watching the actors go through their lines. She forgot how boring it was just listening to them go through their lines, especially when they didn't seem to be using any emotion at all. Other than the main two actors, they were putting emotion into their words. Already getting into character it would seem. She was just tapping her fingers against her leg for a brief moment in time as she merely listened before she was looking towards the music sheets that she was being handed, stuff that Lilly had just finished up. This had her looking through them for a brief moment in time. Oh it seemed like she had a rhythm although there didn't seem to be much for lyrics. Yet again the director hadn't given them much direction to go in. Hence why she had been improvising for the first one, singing a welsh song that she had learned so long ago. And it had seemed to fit with it perfectly.

Lilly looked at her and then spoke softly her voice carrying a melodic tone to it "feel freee to add your own lyrics if need be I havne' written music in a while" Lilly looked over when one of the female actors told her she needed to be quite that they were trying to work. "if oyu were actually trying to reherse you would be putting emotions in to what your saying rather then just reading the damn lines" Lilly was more then annoyed with them at the moment as she was doing her best and they seemed to not give a fucking shit

Crystella was looking at Lilly for a brief moment in time before she was commenting that she would probably do that, she had some lyrics dancing around in her head from a few hymns that she had heard a long time ago. And she could easily use the score that she was given to turn into something that was perfect for the movie. Her eyes did flicker towards the female actress, the same one who was suppose to be reading the lines for the woman that was trapped away within the attic. This had her just commenting that it was best to always be in character, even if one was only doing a read through. With that she was actually grabbing the woman's script for a brief moment in time so that she could read the lines, just as they pair got to the next phone that would ring. "Oh good.... You have made it... I was beginning to worry." Crystella was reading from the page in front of her, yet there was emotion in her voice. Her tone was fully of worry yet there was a hint of relief all at the same time. "Then when the lights came on I knew.... I knew that you had managed to do it. I am so glad. But from here.... it isn't going to get any easier." There was a silence from her after that before her voice seemed to grow quieter and seemed to hold a hint of fear in it before she was reading the final line for that phone call, "I fear that they may have found where I am hiding."

Lilly chuckled at her antics and then looked to the director "if you don't mind I am done here so I am going to head out" Lilly then handed Crystella her card with her adress "if you want or need to make any changes feel free to stop by" Lilly then looked at the others "do try to do better I would have for my name to be dragged through the mud because of your poor acting skills let alone ms Crystella's name" Lilly then headed out walking past both males telling them they were doing great and she hoped that they got better with some work

The female actress was scoffing a bit and was stating that Crystella wasn't an actress at all, so she didn't even know what she was doing. This had the singer glancing over before she was speaking, "Yes but your part isn't visible at all. It is all spoken, which means you really need to convey your actions through your words, through your voice." After that she was turning and heading off after tucking the card from the other female into her purse. Malakai was just watching for a brief moment in time before he was just looking towards Alexander then at the female actress who was complaining. This had him rolling his eyes before he spoke, "Even at readings we still try to get into character. We still try to convey the emotion; so that we know what we are needing to continue to do. So that we know what we really need to bring out at certain parts."

With that he was gesturing to himself and Alexander before he spoke, "We just did the scene where we ran into the masked people. The emotion we were suppose to convey was fright and fear; which is exactly what we were doing despite not having any lines at that point. We showed fear as we "ran away" from the masked people and found a place to hide."

Alexander looked at the female and then walked closer to her "Now I know where I have seen oyu before you got kicked off another film because of your behavior and blatant disrespect for others on set as well as refusing to learn your lines" Alexander had worked with her before and then scoffed a bit "the composer would be a better fit for your role in my opinion or even the singer would be better they at least seem to care about this movie succeding"

Malakai was just watching for a brief moment in time before he was giving a faint chuckle then listened as the female was stating that the other two had absolutely nothing on her. And then there was the comment that they weren't even that pretty, which actually had him attempting to contain his laughter but it didn't go that well at all. "I can't really say much about the composer as she wasn't somebody familiar to me at all. But Crystella on the other hand.... If she wasn't pretty I doubt she would be the top model worldwide; and on the cover of most fashion magazines."

Alexander chuckled "I would have to agree I have only seen the composer once or twice outside of here and she never seems to dress to empress but she is the best of the best in her field and all it would take is one work from her and you will never work again" Alexander looked at the director "do you think they would be willing to join the film?"

The director was just looking over for a brief moment in time before he was stating that he wasn't quite sure about the composer at all; as it had taken a bit of negotiating to even get her to compose everything. Yet again the director didn't really know the bottom line at all, he had merely gone to her agent stating that he was wanting her to assist with the film. He had been told that it would be taken care of and then a few days later he was hearing back from the agent, who had stated that she would be willing to help. Yet he had no idea about the fine that the agent was more or less hanging over Lilly's head, he was just under the impression that she had agreed to help. "As for Crystella she is already acting as our background singer for those certain scenes yet.... hearing her read those lines had a chill down my spine." the director was commenting after a moment in time.

Alexander nodded his head "I would ask them the worst they can do is say no" Alexander knew there was one other person who could be replaced becuase they seemed to have little interest in actually doing their part right. Alexander then leaned against the wall and stared at the female to see what she would do and how she would react to his insinuating that she was replaceable

The actress was just crossing her arms over her chest before she was stating that nobody would ever want to watch the film if she wasn't in it. After all she was a top rank actress, and had starred in many different films. "You are a third rate actress. The only movies you have ever been in, you have been nothing more than a background character. Definitely doesn't make you a top rank, not even close." Malakai was commenting before looking at the director as he was stating that they were going to have an hour break before they went back to rehearsing. And he was disappearing over to where Crystella was speaking on the phone to somebody.

Alexander figured things would change soon and that the film would be better for the change.

Lilly sat in her car and let out a sigh the work was mostly done so she didn't have to worry about the fine hanging over her head. Lilly was confused about it but her manager had made it clear that the fine was rather large.

Malakai was just watching as one of the other female actresses was walking off with the one who had just been talking, the pair of them just complaining it would seem. He was then looking over towards where the director was speaking with Crystella and the man looked rather relieved before he was taking out a phone, and dialing a number. The number that he was calling happened to be that of Lilly to make his offer to her; for her to become one of the background actresses. She could do the reading of the voice of the woman who was calling the phone, which happened quite often. Or she could do the voice of the same woman but this was more so when they found the slips of paper scattered about the hotel left behind from her.

Lilly looked at her phone when it rang and sighed before answering the phone. LIlly listened to him and then after a few minutes she agreed to do it as she had no clue if refusing would result in a fine as well. Lilly sighed and then turned her car off before she got out to head back in and find out which part they were wanting her to do

The director seemed happy that she had agreed to it and soon enough both the ladies were standing in front of him. "So there are two different options. One is you can be the voice on the phone; but this is something that you will be doing more often than not. And this one will require that evident emotion to show in your voice. While the other is.... They find periodic slips of paper scattered around the hotel written by that of the same woman. Clues about the mansion. And when they are found the audience would hear the woman reading it out loud as though she were standing there speaking to them. This won't require as much emotion in your voice. And there are only about ten slips of paper that they will find. And the length all varies." the director was explaining after a moment in time as he looked between the pair of them. Crystella was stating that she would cover which ever role wasn't chosen. "You can decide first. I can do either." Crystella was speaking after a bit, her eyes just going towards Lilly with a soft smile.

Lilly rubbed her arms and then she said she would do the role where she was the woman in the wall she figured the others would help her with emotions should she need it. LIlly figured as long as she was trying they wouldn't get angry with her.

The director was clapping his hands before he spoke, "Great it is settled. Lilly you shall be our voice over the phone, and Crystella you will be the voice reading the slips of paper when they are found."

Lilly smiled and then took the script she was being handed. Lilly then walked to a seat and sat down so that she could look over the lines that she needed to know. Lilly was also working on ignoring the two who were making fun of her as they called her a nobody that she would cause the fiml to fail.

Back
Top Bottom