Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Breakers, Defilers and Thugs (Villainy Campaign, modified 5e)

Ahlanna

Star
It is only natural that civilization, benevolent and coordinated, will triumph over chaotic squabbling and self-interested exercise of power. And in our small world, so it was in the time of our grandmothers. The Argent Accord brought together our wise founders, each a ruler in her own right, each weary of the chaos and strife brought by masculine rule. The Time of Struggle, the dark just before the dawn, gave way to lasting serenity as rebel empires and petty warlords were shown the error of their ways. Decadence fell before purity and selflessness. Despite legacy national borders, we are all one people, working for the betterment of all. By peace, by prosperity, by community.

On this happy fiftieth anniversary of the end of the Time of Struggle, it is finally time for the last remnant of the outdated, masculine world to lay down their arms. The warriors of our army served and sacrificed for harmony, for the benefit of us all. They retire with honor and our profound gratitude. The ceremony at our capital, Haven, was beautiful. Tears of joy swept the crowd as the last Marshal gave his final salute and yielded his sword to the Argent Conclave.

But many miles from Haven, one noblewoman does not share in the sanguine thoughts of the capital. Armed with forbidden knowledge of the old world, she chafes at serenity, harmony, community. Peering from her tower, out over lands that had once blindly stumbled about under their own maleficent governance, one thought runs through her mind.

“It must come down.”

-----

Hello there, this is an interest check for a modified Dungeons and Dragons game in which your characters are the agents of chaos and darkness looking to bring a city of purity and light to its knees. You will be playing the bad guys (and girls) recruited to undermine the virtue of the capital city and its residents. Your mission: to introduce and spread corruption, to tarnish the capital city’s polish.

Your characters can be in it for money, for influence, as a true believer in chaos, as revenge for some decision of the government, or just because you’ve got a predatory nature.

Your patron has access to, and knowledge of, the forbidden powers of the old world, fueled by sex. Each of you will be given one of these powers. She promises more as the bounty for success.

Players will start at 4th​ level.

Hm... I could play a Ranger, Druid, or other follower of Nature taking the Wild to put the city and its residents to their knees...

That could work. While the Argent Conclave does seek harmony between civilization and the lands, they've also outlawed all the old practices, and sought to crush the practice of magic outside their temples and schools. Power must be exercised for the good of all peoples, and not haphazard individual agendas by local shamans who think they know their own forest better just because their ancestors have lived there for an eon.

Depending on if we are a party and need a Ranger (Beast Master or Swarm Keeper) more, or I would go with Druid (Circle of Spores, Circle of Shepherd, Circle of the Land or Circle of Moon).

I am thinking Centaur Male or Wood Elf Female, or if Eberron races possible then Kalashtar, Mark of Detection half-elf or variant human.

I could roll up a Mastermind Rogue. The idea being that he'll rot away the city from the inside out until he can find a spot to slither on in and start steering the city in his own direction--Mutual Interest.

Is there any expected session dates/times you thought of doing, for some quicker responses and then longer ones drawn out throughout the rest of the week?

Also would this be played out more akin to the individual players all doing their own personal thing within the city, only meeting up when they have need of one another's aid, their paths cross, or they wanna enjoy eachother's company? Or more akin to a standard one, where people are mostly always together.

To some extent it depends how much interest there is and what people want. I've seen a lot of requests for game lately, and villainy tends to be popular, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's enough interest that we end up with a 'pool' of agents who can combine their talents on different missions.

I have a plot for a main storyline, but I also figure that being villains, your characters would have a bit more agency in terms of deciding what to do and when. I'm certainly not looking to limit intraparty relationships, either.

Hmm well depending on the stat method, i'd probably be interested in throwing my hat in the ring as a changeling wizard. I'm a switch with few limits; so the idea of attempting to become a charismatic/shapeshifting wizard is rather appealing. Provides magical support and aids, gets to turn into others to serve as alibis, or walk right into places to plant aphrodisiacs and the like if desired.

I'd be interested, unfortunately I just built my dark knight idea in another game, but I would be looking at a warlock of some sort, probably pact of the tome.

I would be interested in playing a rogue/assassin, who is tired of how society looked down on outcasts, like him, and decided to help tear it all down.

If there is still an opening, I'm most definitely interested.

172e05e8873f7ba36ecc5b9195c661ef.jpg

Str: 10 Dex: 16 Con: 14 Int: 08 Wis: 08 Cha: 17 (-Point Buy-) HP: 31 AC: 16

Character Name: Smee
Race: Fairy
Class: Warlock (Archfey Patron) Lvl 3 / Sorcerer (Draconic Bloodline) Lvl 1
Background: Witchlight Hand
Feature: Carnival Fixture
Lifestyle: Poor
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Appearance: A glimmer catches your eye, little more than a streak of light in your periphery. The small-sized feminine form flits about, hovering for a split second before fluttering away, leaving a trail of glittering dewdrops in her wake. When you do meet her you discover her name is Smee. She's an alluringly petite female Fairy with light rosy skin, orangish-pink gossamer dragonfly-wings, large expressive amber eyes, and a wild curly mane of shoulder-length lavender-colored hair with pink highlights hair circled by a crown of wildflowers. Smee tends to dress for every occasion in typical Fairy fashion wearing a skimpy tight-fitting transparent costume made of cobwebs and thistledown as fabric. Her Fey mark is apparent as her skin sparkles in the moonlight as she leaves a trail of glittering dewdrops in her wake when she flies. Often flying close to her is Smee's Carnival Companion, Wee-Willie-Winkie, a harmless magical wisp of light that has a flying speed of 30 feet, can hover, and sheds bright light in a 5-foot radius and dim light for an additional 5 feet.
a00ec00892c4776cf66539a8711c1df8.jpg
Backstory: For as long as she can remember Smee has been working as a carnie hand... a member of the infamous Witchlight Carnival which like clockwork touches down and brings joy to one settlement after the next. Every so often Smee would take time to explore a new place, a new world, make new friends and foes alike until the carnival would once again return for her.

Last edited:
OK, obviously enough interest. I'll get working on writing up some stuff for the initial threads. Others can still join if they want.

Wait threads? I guess I assumed this would be on discord since most games tend to be, but it wasn't really mentioned either. If this is happening on threads then I'll be backing out, don't really do stuff on forums.

Do people prefer Discord in general? I suppose we could do that - it might even make more sense if people are going to drop in and out of the RP at times.

For stats, it's 32 point buy. For wealth, there will certainly be some, but I'm still pondering what items and such the patron is providing. There will probably be a pool of funding the players can fight over :D

I do, dunno about the others, suppose I'll wait and see what the verdict is.

Discord is better, i can even help set it up all nice and easy for you.

there are rolling bots, we can create various channels to keep RPs organized and enable two characters to rp with one another.

along with private channels for your eyes or only certain players ones to keep track of secrete missions or DM info

OK, well hearing no objection, I'm OK with Discord. I'm not that experienced with setting up servers and such, so I'd like to take up Praise's offer. I'll send PM.

OK, well hearing no objection, I'm OK with Discord. I'm not that experienced with setting up servers and such, so I'd like to take up Praise's offer. I'll send PM.
And a link for us in PM too to join to the server, when it is set up, I hope? (Or am I redundant here?)

Aye, I can help set it up as well, I guess whoever gets to it first since I'm still at work. Seems like I'll be usin my fighter/warlock idea after all too

Too late to join? I got a rogue that really would like to see the world burn. Though head doesn't sound that bad in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom