Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ashes in the Breeze (Japanese Inspired 5e in-character) (nsfw)

All signs point to someone or something living in the cave at the site, it’s far too clean to have been abandoned for a long time. But it doesn’t seem like anyone has been there in the immediate hours, likely not since the night before. It’s not like it’s a temporary camp either, especially the efforts they went through to make it as comfortable as possible.

Hanako stares at Jihi and simply shrugs. “Some probably just abandoned it. What, you gonna go back in there? I bet they just got stuck somewhere with the rain. I doubt they’ll be back anytime soon and if they do we can just leave.” Hanako crawls onto the tatami and brushes her feet off at the edge. “Go ahead and go back to that hell hole, I’m staying here where’s its dry.”

Sitting by the campfire, Hanako brings her tail into her lap. “You wouldn’t have any to light it would you?”

"I'm not going back there!" Jihi says quickly, crouching before the campfire. Removing her backpack, she sets it in front of her and starts digging through its contents. "I was lucky to get out with you. If they even are in the house, I don't know where they are or if they're alive."

She removes her tinderbox from her backpack and looks up at Hanako. "I just hope they're alright. It looks like they've been gone for a day at least, and all this is too good to just leave behind."

Once she gets a fire going, she leans back with a sigh, looking into the flames. It might be difficult to find the road tomorrow, but for now she's safe, warm, and dry. Well, not that dry, yet - her clothes. She looks down at them with a frown, then stands.

"I'm not sitting around in wet clothes," she mutters, then starts to strip. She removes her coat first, then her trousers, laying them next to the fire to dry. With a shiver against the cool air, she sits back down on a tatami, hugging her knees to her chest and wrapping her arms around them, waiting for the fire to warm up the cavern.

The sparks hit the tinder and began to smoke as the flame caught on. It started as a small orange glow, then gradually it grew as it hungrily took over the rest of the wood. The orange glow turning into a flickering bright light that filled the cave. The smoked lazily billowed up to the roof of the cave before finding its way out to the mouth.

Hanako watched as Jihi stripped, her body lit up by the fire light. Then letting out a shiver through her body down her tail and up to the tips of her ears. Hanako squeezed out the water from her tail and began to strip as well. Removing the many layered kimono she laid it out in front of the fire. Standing for a moment next to the fire, she looked like she was contemplating something. The fire glittering in her amber eyes.

Finally she lightly stepped over to Jihi’s side and crouched down. Her tail wrapped around to the other side of Jihi. “We’ll be warmer like this.” Hanako muttered as one arm came around Jihi.

While Jihi's chin rested on her knees, her eyes watched Hanako strip, admiring the way the flickering firelight played across her body. As the kitsune sat next to her, Jihi pressed next to her, enjoying the feeling of her body heat. "Good idea," she said, putting her arm around Hanako and holding her close. Her other hand kept Hanako's tail close, stroking it slowly. After a moment, she muttered, "I should have brought a blanket on this trip..."

Jihi looked at Hanako out of the corner of her eye. She'd been fairly unhelpful before, but now that Jihi has basically rescued her - and maybe saved her life - she might be more forthcoming. At the very least, it's worth making conversation.

"So what was that house?" Jihi asked. "You obviously learned more than I did. What was going on in there? And what were you doing there?"

Hanako felt Jihi press into her as her arm wrapped around Hanako. Yes, if only they had a blanket. Hanako perked up suddenly, glancing over at the seemly abandoned bedroll. It was a step up from a typical bedroll, much better than straw but slightly better than a couple of pieces of cloth. It was probably the closest thing to a futon as they could get without it actually being as comfortable.

Reaching over, Hanako grasped the top blanket and pulled it over. First she gave it a sniff. “Smells clean.” It did, like it had been washed deliberately. Then she pulled over Jihi and herself.

“Hmm? Oh, the house. I just found it while exploring the area. I snuck inside, but once inside I couldn’t find my way out. It’s like a wall was put up behind me as I came in.” Hanako took a breath as she stared into the fire, recalling what she knew about the house. “All I know is it’s infested with yokai, the old woman is probably one too. I don’t know what they’re doing there. It’s like a hostel for angry monsters.”

"Oh!" Jihi said happily as Hanako wrapped the blanket around the two of them. The hand that previously held Hanako's tail moved to her leg, rubbing the top of her thigh appreciatively. "Thank you."

She rested her hand against Hanako's, careful to keep her horns out of the way. "Yes...I met the woman on the road and she said I could stay at her house. I thought it was suspicious, but I didn't want to sleep in the rain. I guess I didn't want to spend the night alone, either."

Jihi chuckles. "I thought I could pay her back by telling stores. I'm an actress, you know? But she really wanted me to pay with my life." Her smile faded. "I wonder who built that house. Maybe no one. You said you couldn't find the door after you got in? Maybe the house itself is a yokai. Maybe it's a living thing that changes itself to trap its prey..."

“You’re an actress? Wow, that’s something I’d like to do someday… but you know.” Hanako stared into the fire light. Her hand came to rest on top of Jihi’s on her thigh. “Maybe…” Hanako nodded.

“You’re very trusting Jihi.” A beat passed before Hanako continued. “For all you know this could’ve all gone according to my plan. Maybe… I’m the woman!” She let out a laugh and nudged Jihi gently. “Then I’ll eat you! Haha! …. …. What’s that you’re carrying? Not your pack, the other thing. I thought it was something valuable at first… but I can tell it’s priceless to you.” Hanako motioned with her head towards the urn.

"I know what?" Jihi asked. "Are you saying you're too busy? I don't know what you're doing right now...probably something important. Or do you think no one will watch you because you're a kitsune? I haven't had any trouble, and I'm a half-oni...but I've only played in one town outside my home."

Jihi's hand strokes up and down Hanako's thigh once more, then curls upward, intertwining her hand with Hanako's and holding it gently, but firmly.

"Maybe you are the woman," Jihi chuckles. As intimidating at the house had been, Jihi hadn't really experienced anything except some mist and some noises. They could have been illusions. Kitsune are tricksters, after all, though it would be a pretty strange plan for her to set up everything that happened, and Jihi couldn't imagine the reason. "But then why would you leave your house? You could eat me easily back there. Anyway, you don't even know how I taste!"

She let than hang in the air for a moment, then turned and, unexpectedly, licked the side of Hanako's neck. "Mm, not bad! Maybe I'll eat you."

She looked over at what Hanako was motioning at. "Hmm?" She realized she meant the urn, a hard round shape in the bottom of her pack, and her smile disappeared. "Oh...that's...that's my mother's ashes. She died recently. I'm going to scatter them in Okubiro, over the roots of the trees surrounding the lake."

Her voice went quiet as she gazed into the fire. "She wanted my uncle to do it, but he hurt his leg years ago. She didn't want me to go, but...I...just want to spend a little more time with her."

“Not many people trust kitsune, they’ll think I’ll trick them or rob them. Plus… you’re cute so they’ll trust you more.” Hanako responded quietly. As Jihi licked Hanako’s neck, her tail shivered. Rustling underneath the blanket. She inadvertently let out a small gasp.

Hanako listened as Jihi became more somber. “Oh… I’m sorry.” Hanako muttered sadly turning her head away just slightly. “Okubiro is still a long way, at least you won’t be lonely… you’ll have her with you after all. Even when she’s gone, she’ll be with you. Right… here.”

Hanako took a hand and rested it on Jihi’s chest at her heart. She let a moment slip as she felt her heart beat. Leaning in, Hanako’s lips brushed against Jihi’s ear. “I think… you should rest. Still a lot of traveling to do and if you don’t sleep now you might not get much sleep.”

"As if you're not cute," Jihi said, giving Hanako a smile. "Who needs trust when you look this good?"

She made a show of lifting the blanket and looking up and down Hanako's body for a moment before wrapping them both up again. Then, however, she sighed and rested her head on Hanako's shoulder, once again taking care not to stick the other woman with her horns.

"I try to think she's with me," she said quietly. "I talk to her sometimes. I try to think of what she'd say back to me, or what she'd think of the things I see on the road, but...I didn't...know her well enough. I had twenty years to learn about her, but...I guess I just always thought I'd have more time."

She let the silence stretch for a long moment before whispering, "And now it's too late."

She put her hand on Hanako's over her heart. She didn't mind if Hanako copped a feel - they'd been taking plenty of liberties with each other's bodies already - but after thinking about her mother, Jihi wasn't really in the mood for sex tonight. She just wanted to feel less lonely. "You've had a rough night. You should sleep, too."

With her arm wrapped around Hanako, she leaned over until they fell together onto the tatami. Jihi adjusted the blanket over both of them and held her close. "Will you stay with me tonight? Please?"

Hanako leaned her head again the side of Jihi’s. “I’m actually-“

Hanako started until she was pulled over by Jihi. She gently fell on top of Jihi before sliding off next to her on the tatami. Laying there in silence before she answered Jihi. “Okay.” Hanako muttered quietly. Then softly nuzzled her nose into Jihi. Moments later she was asleep.

-

Hanako was the first to wake early in the morning. The pale, early morning light bled in from the cave entrance. The camp fire had gone out hours ago leaving only coals. Quietly, Hanako slipped out of the covers and pulled on the layers of her kimono. Shuffling towards the cave exit, her foot caught a small rock and sent it skittering noisily across the floor. She froze turning to look back at Jihi.

Still aching over thoughts of her mother, Jihi remained awake after Hanako fell asleep. She squeezed the kitsune's sleeping form close, feeling her body heat, and pressed her face into her shoulder. It helped with the pain, but only a bit. She lay there, thinking about all the things she should have said to her, everything she would never be able to do, because she finally drifted off.

-

Jihi's soft snoring hitched slightly as Hanako slipped out of the covers, and her eyelids fluttered slightly. After a moment, however, she mumbled something indecipherable and rolled over onto her back, white hair spreading around her head and shoulders. She didn't truly wake until she heard the rock Hanako kicked skipping across the cave floor. When she did, her eyes fluttered over, looking up at Hanako from flat on her back.

"Hummhuh?" she muttered, then turned over onto her front. "Hanako?" Why was she dressed already? Why was she leaving? Rousing quickly, she rose to a kneeling position, letting the blanket fall from her shoulders.

"You're really going to leave without even saying goodbye?" she asked, sounding hurt. Reaching out, she grabbed her backpack and pulled it close, pulling out a trail ration. "At least stay and have breakfast with me."

Hanako watched as Jihi roused from her sleep, eyes fluttering open and spotting Hanako attempting to leave. Turning to face Jihi as she stood up, still naked, her face flashed a guilty look before answering. “I… promise I wasn’t leaving you. I didn’t… want to wake you.”

“I don’t like that ration stuff.”
Hanako tilted her head to the side and rubbed her shoulder. “I was going to get us some fresh food, there’s a stream nearby, maybe I could catch a fish or pick some berries.”

Sheepishly, Hanako stepped back to the tatami. “If you’re willing to share still… I’d like to have some breakfast with you.” Hanako muttered apologetically.

Jihi paused for a moment, looking up at Hanako. She was acting strange, and Jihi wasn't convinced. Was Hanako lying? And if so, why did she want to leave without Jihi knowing?

"Well, the meat's not fresh," Jihi said, glancing at the ration in her hand, "but there's rice! Do you like rice? I might have farmed this myself. Probably not, though. Everyone works in the rice fields back home.

"Well, if you want fresh food..."
Jihi gathers up her clothes, making no effort to hide her body. It was far too to be modest, even if Jihi the slightest modesty in her - and anyway, she might as well make it worth Hanako's time to stick around here. "...we'll get some together! I don't know much about fishing or finding berries, but I'll do anything to help!"

She pulls on her clothes, steps into her sandals, and slips the backpack over her shoulders. Finally, she places the hat on her head, smiling at Hanako. "Let's go."

Insight roll to judge Hanako's honesty: 16

Hanako seemed to be telling the truth about going out to get food. But it felt like she wasn’t being completely truthful about something. It’s hard to determine exactly what though.

Hanako crouched down and squirmed uncomfortably as she peered at the ration. “Yeah, rice is good. I’m sure it’s especially good if you picked it.”

Hanako looked up as Jihi gathered her now dried clothing. Eyes glancing across her body as she made no effort to cover herself. Hanako’s ears twitched as Jihi mentioned gathering some food together. “Uh, yeah we can do that! I guess it couldn’t hurt to have some help.”

Hanako watched as Jihi pulled on her clothes before going to leave the cave. Trudging outside of the cave, she squinted in the morning light. Their surroundings were damp from the rains the night before but it seemed mostly clear today with only a few clouds hanging overhead. There was a gentle, cool breeze blowing through the trees. Making her way into the forest, Hanako began to lead Jihi. “I think there’s a river or something over here.”

After a minute or two of hiking the pair would come across a small pond with a stream leading in and out the other side. It wasn’t a small pond but it wasn’t big enough to appear on any maps. Hanako crouched on the bank and peered into the water. “I see some fish!” She pointed into the water.

Jihi looked from Hanako to the ration, wondering what was making her so uncomfortable. Maybe she doesn't like rice, she thought. Jihi could hardly imagine it, since rice had been the bedrock of her community's diet her whole life, but Hanako wasn't a farmer like her. Do foxes even eat rice?

Of course, it may not be the ration at all. Jihi was grateful to see Hanako stealing looks at her body; while she usually enjoys showing it off, now she's happy just to see Hanako enjoying something about staying here. It seemed like she didn't want to stay around Jihi at all, and that made her feel guilty. Was she forcing Hanako to stay? As she followed the kitsune out of the cave, her fingers brushed against the shape of the urn at the bottom of her pack, wishing she could ask her mother for advice. What should I do?

At least it was nice out. Damp, but nice. Following Hanako, Jihi smiled to hear Hanako's excitement over the fish. She seemed to be in a better mood. She looked over at the water, trying to spot the fish, then back at the kitsune. "Okay! How can I help?"

Hanako peered out into the pond for a moment before slipping out of her kimono and layers. Setting the clothing aside on a decently dry rock, Hanako stood in front of Jihi nude. “How about you get naked too?”

Then Hanako proceeded to wade into the pool of water. A shiver ran up her spine and into her tail as she waded into the knee deep water. “Come on, it’s not so bad once you get used to it.”

Hanako turned her attention back to the water as she peered into the shallows. She was perfectly still before suddenly bursting forth. Plunging her hands into the water she pulled out a wriggling fish. It wasn’t big but it was decently sized for one person. It struggled to get out of her grasp. “How about you try?”

First roll a perception check dc - 10 to find a fish then an athletics check vs dc - 13 to grab it

Maybe I should just stop putting on my clothes at all, Jihi thought, smirking as Hanako stepped into the water. She took the opportunity to admire the kitsune's body as she undressed, laying her clothes on top of Hanako's. She suppressed a giggle at Hanako's shiver, then watched with interest as she snatched the fish from the water.

"How did you do that?" Jihi gasped. There was no way she'd be able to replicate the feat. After staring into the water for a moment, she had an idea. Returning to her things, she grabbed her knife, then waded into the water. "Ah," she gasped softly at the chill.

She stopped when the water was up to her thighs, absent-mindedly flipping the knife over repeatedly in her hand. Silently, she studied the water until a dark shape flitted through in front of her and slightly to the side. She stabbed downward, meaning to catch the fish, but the refraction of the water distorted the fish's position and her knife's blade met nothing but water. Worse, she lost her footing and fell facefirst into the pond with a splash.

"Shhhhhit!" she cursed through girt teeth as she rose from the water, eyes wide at the shock. A violent shudder ran through her body, bouncing her breasts as her nipples hardened from the cold.

Perception check to spot the fish: 18
Attack roll
to stab the fish (I hope it was acceptable to substitute this for the Athletics roll): 6

Hanako eyed Jihi as she stripped down once again then made her way into the chilled water. “I don’t know just grab a fish, be fast.” Then Jihi equipped her knife. “Ooor stab them, that works.” Hanako shrugged.

Then, watching intently, Hanako waited for Jihi’s attempt. A beat passed as Jihi peered into the water, the gentle inlet bubbling in the background. Then Jihi’s eyes focused as she spotted a fish. Splash! She plunged her knife into the water, then fell into the water.

“Pffft…. Hahaha!” Hanako couldn’t help but laugh after Jihi rose from the water. “Did that wake you up?”

She trodded over to Jihi through the water. Hanako looked Jihi up and down before reaching up. “I think you’re a bit more perked up now.” She hummed as she took a finger and gently flicked Jihi’s nipple.

Hanako sloshed around to Jihi’s rear after tossing her fish onto the rock on the shore. She placed her hands on Jihi’s hips. “You wanna try again? Or do you want me to catch one for you?” Hanako murmured into Jihi’s ear. Her hands slid up over her abdomen and up over her breasts. Hanako’s fingers running over her stiff nipples.

"I'm trying, alright?" Jihi said as Hanako approached, half-joking and half-genuinely sheepish. "I've never done this before.

"And yes, I'm pretty awake now."
Jihi scanned the water as Hanako stepped up to her, excited by her presence but wanting to be coy about it. She spotted Hanako's hand in her peripheral vision just in time to look down as the kitsune flicked her nipple. Jihi gasped softly, then shivered as Hanako moved behind her, acutely aware of the warm feeling of her hands on her hips.

"So we're finally done teasing each other now?" Jihi asked, then sighed happily as Hanako's hands moved up to her breasts. Her head rolled back, resting on Hanako's shoulder, while her free hand reached back to rub gently on Hanako's hip. She stayed like that for a long moment, enjoying the feeling of Hanako's touch, before she looked at Hanako out of the corner of her eye.

"Why don't we make it interesting?" she asked. She straightened up, taking her head off of Hanako's shoulder, but not pulling away from her hands on her body. "I'll keep fishing like this. If I do well, you give me a reward, and if I do badly, you find a way to punish me. That's the best way to learn, don't you think?"

She turned her head back to grin at Hanako, then scanned the water, biting her lower lip in anticipation. "Do you see any fish?"

Perception check to spot another fish: 7

“Well, I was planning on teasing you further.” Hanako purred. “But I couldn’t help myself.”

Hanako kept her hands cupped on Jihi’s breasts, her fingers idly bumping over her hard nipples. “Hmm, sure. I think that’s a fine way to learn.” Hanako’s lips brushed the back of Jihi’s ear.

A beat passed as Jihi scanned the water. Then after she asked if Hanako could see any, she peered into the water herself. After having no luck spotting a fish, she assumed that they had been scared off by all the splashing. “I don’t see one, but you’re not off the hook yet. Let’s look over here.”

Hanako slid her hands back down to Jihi’s pelvis and gently guided her forward through the water. Walking in sync with her, Hanako stopped at the opposite end of the pond. Immediately she spotted one and pointed at it. “There!”

Jihi shivered as Hanako whispered into her ear. She closed her eyes and bit her lower lip, focusing on the feeling of Hanako's touch, until Hanako directed her to move again. Letting the kitsune take control, she walked when she walked and stopped when she stopped. When Hanako spotted the fish, Jihi followed the line of her pointing finger to see the fish just below the surface of the water.

Jihi took a moment to ready her knife, remembering the distortion that cost her the first time. In the back of her mind, she tried to decide whether to succeed or fail, curious as to what Hanako would do for either. Oh, what the hell, she thought. Whatever would happen, would happen.

Jihi stabbed the knife into the water with a splash, then raised it triumphantly. "Ha!" she exclaimed, admiring the sight of the fish wriggling on her blade. She turned her head to the side to look Hanako in the eye, giving her a grin. "What do you think?"

Attack roll to stab the fish: 23

Hanako watched intently as Jihi spotted the fish and readied her knife, poised to strike. There were slight adjustments in her movement as Jihi tracked the fish and its trajectory. Then finally like a cat pouncing on an unsuspecting rodent, Jihi struck. She plunged the knife into the water with a splash. Hanako eagerly awaited the result. Would there be a fish skewered on the blade?
Jihi pulled her arm up out of the water and stuck on the knife was a fish, wiggling uselessly. “Nicely done!” Hanako praised. “You deserve a reward like we agreed.”

Hanako whispered into Jihi’s ear. She let her hands run along Jihi’s body once more before she pulled away from her. Taking Jihi’s hand, Hanako led her out of the pond. “Let’s head back and I’ll give you, your reward.”

Taking her clothes up into her arms, Hanako didn’t even bother to redress. Taking the fish she had caught before, she headed back to the cave.

The cave was just how they left it, still no one came back for their camp. Padding up to the tatami mats she dropped her clothing and the fish next to the spot where their fire had been. “Do you want your reward now or after we eat?”

Jihi squeezed Hanako as she followed the kitsune out of the lake, taking care not to let the fish slip off her blade. She didn't bother dressing either, just carrying her clothes under her arm. As she walked, she admired the sight of Hanako's lovely butt swaying under her tail.

Her anticipation was almost unbearable by the time they reached the cave. Having her reward so close, and yet waiting - being denied - was so agonizing it was almost physically painful. And so of course, she decided to wait. She knelt on a tatami mat by the fire and looked up at Hanako, blushing with arousal.

"After," she said, keeping her voice steady even as she couldn't stop the grin on her face. "We'll make the fish, and whenever you want to give me my reward - surprise me. How does that sound?"

Hanako gave Jihi a sultry look. “Fine, I’ll give you, your reward whenever I decide.” She purred, almost sensing the tension rising in Jihi.

“I’ll even cook for you. But, you have to keep your clothes off.” Hanako crawled up on the tatami flashing Jihi her rear as her tail swished side to side. First, she got another fire going, whoever had been staying here kept a small wood pile at the front of the cave. Next she took the fish and skewered them on sticks. Then set the skewered fish to lean against the fire.

Hanako turned towards Jihi as they cooked and crawled up to her. No words were uttered as Hanako traced Jihi’s body with her hands, passing over her thighs and up her hips to her abdomen and up to her breasts. Hanako nestled her face into the curve of Jihi’s neck. She began kissing and nibbling. Going for a moment before pulling away and flipping the fish.

Hanako returned to Jihi, this time she brushed her lips along Jihi’s collar. Then down over Jihi’s nipple and down to her belly button. On they way back up Hanako trailed her tongue up Jihi’s sternum between her breasts.

Back
Top Bottom