Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Video Game Music

Osheaga

Supernova

• I find a video game just isn't a video game without the proper addition of music.
        And a true gamer knows how to thoroughly enjoy game music.

Personally I enjoy philharmonically orchestrated pieces of music, like in
        StarFox Assault, Super Mario Galaxy, some LoZ games,
        Super Mario Sunshine and SBB.

And, at the top of my most memorable game music lists HAS to be,
        Donkey Kong Country (SNES/GBA), Banjo Kazooie (N64/GBA/XBox) and,
        believe it or not, Jet Force Gemini (N64)

Anyone else enjoy VGA musicz?[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

As I see this post, the Revolver Ocelot theme from MGS2 comes on my iPod. Hmmm... I wonder.

I also have soundtracks from Valkyrie Profile, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, numerous DDR soundtracks (though this might be cheating since that's "real" music), FFXI, Halo 2, Katamari Damacy, and Tekken Tag Tournament on my iPod.

• xD Trygon, that's where I get all of my video game MP3s.

I fucking love that website.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Time's Scar from Chrono Cross
The Best is Yet to Come from Metal Gear Solid. (Amazing vocals, all done in Irish Gaelic)

Xenosaga has some very wonderful music in it, particularly Episode I and Episode III.
Also, Super Robot Wars OG has very good music, but a lot of people don't know about it since the game's primarily stayed in Japan aside from a few GBA titles that made it to the US.

I enjoy a lot of Final Fantasy songs, as well as Sonic the Hedgehog music.
Remixes and techno are also a big part of my VGM experience.

Video Games Live, for those who have heard of it, is coming to my city in May, and I would kill to go. If not in May, it's coming back this way in December. If you've never heard of it, look it up on Youtube. It's incredible.

I love Akira Yamaoka music; he does most of the Silent Hill music tracks.

I also enjoy a great deal of the Final Fantasy's music.
DDR.
Castlevania.
Sonic the Hedgehog.
Katamari.
Valkyrie Profile.
LoZ.

And I love the Dr. Mario theme.
And the Tetris Theme.
=^-^=

You can just say 6. It was only called 3 in America. In Japan it was 6 even on Supaa Famicom. (japanese snes)

heheh I just like to cover my bases. Oh another good track is Father and Son from the Metal Gear Solid 4 soundtrack. Its epic.

Well, seeing as there was no other game released in America labeled Final Fantasy 6, there really isn't anyway to get it confused unless the person is an idiot. If that's the case, they aren't important enough to go out of your way for.

Well, if you say 3 it can be confusing because there were two 3's. There was only ever one 6.

Because America didn't release FF2 3 or 5 in America and they didn't want people to wonder what happened to them.

ahhh ok then. I really should brush up on my video game trivia.Im usualy good with video game facts though my specalty is the Mgs series.

Back
Top Bottom