Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Which canon characters do you have the most fun playing?

senpai

美人
Withdrawn
Which canon characters do you have the most fun playing? Canon characters can be tricky, since it requires an RPer to slip into a husk that's already been made for you. If you have played them before, who is a character that you are most comfortable/confident in portraying? Additionally, what kind of canon characters do you have the most trouble writing?

Mine would have to be Ada Wong from Resident Evil, or Felicia Hardy from Spider-Man. I could write them for dayssssss.

Personally, I love playing Thane Krios from Mass Effect 2 and 3. I've been playing him off and on since maybe... 2016? And I really enjoy doing it. I have some experience also playing as Kasumi Goto, but not nearly as much.

Personally, I love playing Thane Krios from Mass Effect 2 and 3. I've been playing him off and on since maybe... 2016? And I really enjoy doing it. I have some experience also playing as Kasumi Goto, but not nearly as much.

Oh, love Thane! I have a tattoo of "siha" written in cursive on my back. I also love playing Garrus. Props to you though, Thane is hard to pull off!

Oh, love Thane! I have a tattoo of "siha" written in cursive on my back. I also love playing Garrus. Props to you though, Thane is hard to pull off!
Thanks a bunch! He's really a joy to play, but I don't generally get to do it very often. Like you said, most people want OCs rather than canon.
My fiance bought me a bracelet on our anniversary. It's long worn away now, but I seem to recall it saying "I will meet you across the sea" or something similar.

Oh, another one I forgot about:
I play a mean bitchy domme Megaera, and am starting to branch out to play Nyx as well.

Well, I always enjoy playing BOTW Princess Zelda, especially in stories with Link even though it's rare because I enjoy that conflicted, annoyed, and sweet tension between her and Link. The only problem, however, is despite Link being such a blank slate and essentially free for OC stuff, very few people go for that. You'd think Link would be free from people's aversion to canon stuff but nope! In the same universe, another favorite to play is Urbosa, because who doesn't like playing a wise warrior woman who has decided to have some fun?

I don't play too many canon characters, but I always enjoy playing Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil. He's my favorite character from the franchise, so it makes sense. A recent favorite has also been Jack Raiden from Metal Gear Solid, because who doesn't like a badass cyborg ninja?

@Cantarella: Nice! So good to meet others who play Hades, too.

@BreezinBy: Neat! Yeah, he really should be the go-to for people who don't necessarily like playing canon characters because he's like you said, a blank slate. Strangely enough, people seem more open to that idea with Persona 5, even though the main character (Joker) is essentially just like Link.

@True Grave: Aw, yeah, love Leon so much. Recently bought a $270 figure of him... @_@ Ooh, Jack! I did play Metal Gear 4 and 5, and was tempted to play the one that he does on his own. Metal Gear Rising, I think?

Leon is awesome. My first ever Resident Evil game was 4 on the PS2, and I really got attached to his character in that one. Wow, what kind of figure was it?

Yeah, Raiden is cool, too. He was awesome in MGSIV, and he's even cooler in Metal Gear Rising. You should give that one a play. I think you would like it.

I've tried a variety of them over the years, some quite enjoyable.

Personally two of my favourites to write in the past were Joker from Persona 5, and Saitama from One Punch Man.

Oh man, oh man...

I have played Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z/Super) so often, and for several partners over the years, that I think I have the guy down perfectly. It's to the point I get bored playing him because so little is different; he approaches things with the same attitude that he's become the last character I want to play full-time for a story. It doesn't help that I played him with strictly OC's and that contributed to my moratorium on Canon x OC work; I think I roleplayed with a single person who made a character with a shred of creative thought in her backstory and even that couldn't save my willingness to continue playing after a while. We got through a retelling of "Cooler's Revenge" and after that I just got tired, lol. It was definitely fun as hell and I wish I had more steam to give for that story but several things contributed to me just passing on Dragon Ball for a while. But yeah, all the OC's for Vegeta contributed to my current stance on Canon x OC. Shit ain't worth it for me; I gotta find a bad ass or a bad bitch who goes hard on their OC's if I'll ever try it again.

So that's a double-edged sword; I'm confident in my Vegeta, was even told I was the best Vegeta for some partners, but I'm so bored of him I don't want to play him for a long time xD

I'm doing a FF7 RP with an incredible partner who is willing to play Tifa despite not knowing shit about the game (and might I say she's doing an incredible job <3) and I'm really settling into Cloud. I know this might not 'count' because I'm working with someone who doesn't know the universe too well outside of cutscenes but she's been pleased to continue and eager to learn more about the game as a result of the story we're doing. I'd call that a win! Cloud isn't exactly tough to write but in the gap between the ending and pre-Advent Children, we're left to see his eventual spiral into depression and guilt, only I'm writing it so it's addressed pre-film. I'm glad for a one-shot I was able to touch on that a little bit with my partner!

Also working on a League of Legends roleplay and I'm meant to play a ton of characters. My partner (who is the lovely person playing Tifa for me <3) is getting her Ezreal and Lux fix from me and she's in love with it. It helps the confidence for sure; writing an otherwise cocky and daring young man navigating this strange thing called a crush, and a first date beginning timid and ending pretty, uh, dangerous for the pair >:3 That love burns hot. And when we cover the Star Guardian arc it's only going to get hotter. I think I'm doing a good job and hope to get better as the story continues!

I used to play Sasuke (Naruto) for people and I'll be real, I think I killed that role--like I wasn't out of character, the gestures and dialogue made sense; I didn't break who he was to get the pussy, and I honestly think some people expect that kind of thing. So when a story becomes slow and the character isn't falling into these obvious cues for romance and lust, it catches them off guard. It's really something watching how quickly a partner course corrects when the obvious cue isn't taken!

I wrote Gary Oak (Pokemon) for a few months. Like with Ezreal, it's exciting to play a cocky character navigating feelings they've never acknowledged and trying to treat someone right. Steven Stone, too, as a married man and father of two; writing your childhood video game bosses as parents is really fun!

As for the character's I have the hardest time playing... I think it just comes down to the ones who are over-the-top stoic. Characters like Sasuke are not the characters that bask in attention and do all this extra shit to accomplish tasks. I compare him to someone like Vergil (Devil May Cry) or Vegeta (DBZ)--while I think I've mastered the latter, I always had to be sure I didn't let his attitude and mannerisms leave my partner with nothing to go off of. That's the hardest part about certain canon characters to me. So Vegeta, Cloud, and Sasuke are simultaneously the characters I think I nail while also being the toughest character's to write well at the same time. I gotta give my partners something to go off of in every post, so their silence or casual dismissals can't always fly when their stories often depend on their interaction or interest in another.

@senpai Yo you have got to try Metal Gear Rising when you have the chance. There's this character named Mistral in it, a sexy villain clad in black, who I think you might enjoy for what little time she had. Soundtrack is fantastic, boss battles even moreso! You might come out of that experience a major fan of Sam, too!

Sorry you couldn't find a good Mike by the way. I considered trying him for you but I think I'd sour you on it. I'll have to man up and start a story with you sometime once I have the free slot open for new stories! Sam can get it, Wendigo or not, and I think you and I are in agreement there ;3

I'm playing some fate/ canon characters in a few RP's. I admit Nero is pretty fun to write. I don't oft write bombastic characters but she's larger than life.

Oh man, oh man...

I have played Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z/Super) so often, and for several partners over the years, that I think I have the guy down perfectly. It's to the point I get bored playing him because so little is different; he approaches things with the same attitude that he's become the last character I want to play full-time for a story. It doesn't help that I played him with strictly OC's and that contributed to my moratorium on Canon x OC work; I think I roleplayed with a single person who made a character with a shred of creative thought in her backstory and even that couldn't save my willingness to continue playing after a while. We got through a retelling of "Cooler's Revenge" and after that I just got tired, lol. It was definitely fun as hell and I wish I had more steam to give for that story but several things contributed to me just passing on Dragon Ball for a while. But yeah, all the OC's for Vegeta contributed to my current stance on Canon x OC. Shit ain't worth it for me; I gotta find a bad ass or a bad bitch who goes hard on their OC's if I'll ever try it again.

So that's a double-edged sword; I'm confident in my Vegeta, was even told I was the best Vegeta for some partners, but I'm so bored of him I don't want to play him for a long time xD

I'm doing a FF7 RP with an incredible partner who is willing to play Tifa despite not knowing shit about the game (and might I say she's doing an incredible job <3) and I'm really settling into Cloud. I know this might not 'count' because I'm working with someone who doesn't know the universe too well outside of cutscenes but she's been pleased to continue and eager to learn more about the game as a result of the story we're doing. I'd call that a win! Cloud isn't exactly tough to write but in the gap between the ending and pre-Advent Children, we're left to see his eventual spiral into depression and guilt, only I'm writing it so it's addressed pre-film. I'm glad for a one-shot I was able to touch on that a little bit with my partner!

Also working on a League of Legends roleplay and I'm meant to play a ton of characters. My partner (who is the lovely person playing Tifa for me <3) is getting her Ezreal and Lux fix from me and she's in love with it. It helps the confidence for sure; writing an otherwise cocky and daring young man navigating this strange thing called a crush, and a first date beginning timid and ending pretty, uh, dangerous for the pair >:3 That love burns hot. And when we cover the Star Guardian arc it's only going to get hotter. I think I'm doing a good job and hope to get better as the story continues!

I used to play Sasuke (Naruto) for people and I'll be real, I think I killed that role--like I wasn't out of character, the gestures and dialogue made sense; I didn't break who he was to get the pussy, and I honestly think some people expect that kind of thing. So when a story becomes slow and the character isn't falling into these obvious cues for romance and lust, it catches them off guard. It's really something watching how quickly a partner course corrects when the obvious cue isn't taken!

I wrote Gary Oak (Pokemon) for a few months. Like with Ezreal, it's exciting to play a cocky character navigating feelings they've never acknowledged and trying to treat someone right. Steven Stone, too, as a married man and father of two; writing your childhood video game bosses as parents is really fun!

As for the character's I have the hardest time playing... I think it just comes down to the ones who are over-the-top stoic. Characters like Sasuke are not the characters that bask in attention and do all this extra shit to accomplish tasks. I compare him to someone like Vergil (Devil May Cry) or Vegeta (DBZ)--while I think I've mastered the latter, I always had to be sure I didn't let his attitude and mannerisms leave my partner with nothing to go off of. That's the hardest part about certain canon characters to me. So Vegeta, Cloud, and Sasuke are simultaneously the characters I think I nail while also being the toughest character's to write well at the same time. I gotta give my partners something to go off of in every post, so their silence or casual dismissals can't always fly when their stories often depend on their interaction or interest in another.

@senpai Yo you have got to try Metal Gear Rising when you have the chance. There's this character named Mistral in it, a sexy villain clad in black, who I think you might enjoy for what little time she had. Soundtrack is fantastic, boss battles even moreso! You might come out of that experience a major fan of Sam, too!

Sorry you couldn't find a good Mike by the way. I considered trying him for you but I think I'd sour you on it. I'll have to man up and start a story with you sometime once I have the free slot open for new stories! Sam can get it, Wendigo or not, and I think you and I are in agreement there ;3

Wahh, your partner is very lucky then, since I've been looking far and wide for an Ezreal x Lux RP too. Maybe one day I'll find my own partner, and another for Sam x Mike. A girl can dream. Kudos to you for being able to pull off Sasuke!

I'm not into writing canon characters so it is very rare for me to do so. The only canon characters I ever write are Mileena from Mortal Kombat, and on super rare occasions I'll write Magus from Chrono Trigger or Link from Zelda.

@BreezinBy: Neat! Yeah, he really should be the go-to for people who don't necessarily like playing canon characters because he's like you said, a blank slate. Strangely enough, people seem more open to that idea with Persona 5, even though the main character (Joker) is essentially just like Link.

I'd say part of this could be a lot of writers finding him too blank, too general to really get an interest from his dynamic even if canon characters would usually be uncomfortable otherwise. It's weird and the reasoning can go deep, but I'd think something of this plays in there regardless of the contradiction. That's one thing people are pretty good at...

Ace was fun as are shikamaru and most naturopathy characters as well as a lot of shonen characters rarely ever get a chance sadly

I love writing canon characters and adapting their likeness. Though sometimes when in agreement with a partner I may use a character from a franchise and have them act very differently than their canonical iterations. Fighting game characters are my forte, and anime ones follow.

Tsunade and Kurenai from Naruto
Tifa and Lulu from Final Fantasy
Shermie and Mai Shiranui from King of Fighters
Chun-Li and Laura from Street Fighter
Chizuru Mizuhara from Rent-a-Girlfriend
Impa and Cia from Hyrule Warriors
Yoruichi from Bleach
Camilla, Tharja and Kagero from Fire Emblem
Kunimitsu from Tekken
Taki from Soul Calibur
Saeko Busujima from High School of the Dead
Merlin and Jericho from Seven Deadly Sins
Mila from Dead or Alive

Just to name a few.

Wow, I have a long list of canons I've roleplayed in the past. Mind you, not all were in sexual scenarios.

Kingdom Hearts:
Ariel
Aerith
Yuffie
Mushy
Nala
Larxene [I can roleplay this character and never get bored]

Sonic:
Sally Acorn
Rouge the Bat
Scourge
Blaze the Cat

Pokemon:
Misty
Jessie

Final Fantasy:
Aerith
Tifa
Yuffie
All of the female Turks in Before Crisis as well as Two Guns and Rod.
Reno
Rufus
Genesis
Nanaki/Red XIII

Quistis
Rinoa
Selphie
Zell
Raine

Fran from xii

Cosmos from Dissidia

Cloud of Darkness

Yuna

Noctis
Prompto
Ignis
Gladiolus
Stella NOT to be confused with her reiteration Lunafreya!
Lunafreya

Lenna
Bartz

Fire Emblem:
Lethe [Love rping as her]
Lyndis
Florina
Leanne
Nailah
Erika
Lute
Sain
Janaff
Inigo/Laslow
Ophelia
Lissa
Caeldori
Female Robin
Male Morgan
Ryoma
Hinoka
Elise
Camilla
Edelgard
Dorothea
Female Byleth
Hilda
Annette
Claude
Ashe

*phone finked on me but there's plenty

I don't really play many canon characters, but one I loved playing was Nisha, from Borderlands. Unfortunately a short lived rp that never got out of its opening scene, it was a ton of fun while it lasted.

I am currently playing Mara Jade, but I am not sure how close to canon I am playing her. You know, since she isn't canon anymore. 😢 But we changed her history so I do believe I am being internally consistent with her.

Y'know I might as well mention that I really enjoy playing Caulifla or Kefla in terms of Dragon Ball characters. There's something about spirited tough girls that I love to play. Especially against people that can't handle their energy.

Wow, a good spread of characters here! I've played a ton in my time too but there are only a few that I feel pretty confident in playing. Some have taken years of practice to get a good feel for, others just feel natural.

My favorites to play are:
- Felicia Hardy (Spider-man)
- Makoto Nijima (Persona 5)
- Aphrodite (Hades)
- Xayah (League of Legends)
- Luxanna Crownguard (League of Legends)
- Yennefer (The Witcher)
- Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect)
- Steve Harrington (Stranger Things)
- Howl (Howl's Moving Castle)
- Ada Wong (Resident Evil)
- Evelynn (League of Legends)
- Kai'sa (League of Legends) Played her once but I really enjoyed it.
- Peter Parker (Spider-man)

I don't really play canon characters. There is a RT I look at every now and then and think about it, marvel and DC characters and I think maybe I'd enjoy playing Punisher, I am a fan. I think I could write a fantastic Daredevil too, and the blindness makes for something very fun!

Then I move on, because nervous about ruining them. Stupid canon characters. :p

Yeah I'd say right now my top two are Tsunade from Naruto and Tifa from FF7. REALLY trying to get Lady Nyx in there from Hades.

Back
Top Bottom