Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A curious thought~

Bunny

rคiຖ๖⊕ຟ ⊕f ¢hค⊕š ☆彡
Staff member
I am currently writing a story set in an SAO/Log Horizon/.Hack sort of universe. In my story, it is like in those, virtual reality and the characters will be getting stuck. While writing my post, I had a sort of weird thought. In a lot of MMO's men plays as females. There are many reasons as to why and it's not really the point beyond the question I posed. If you are a male, playing as a female in a virtual reality world, that has advanced programming letting the user feel physical sensations by manipulating the brainwaves and you had sex, what would it feel like?

Female and male orgasms are meant to feel different, but, the act is all going on in the mind. Would it be what you think the sensation or orgasm should feel like? How close do you think you could get?

Huh....interesting thought. In that hypothetical situation, I wonder if male players playing as female characters (and vice versa) would eventually have some sort of identity crisis. .Hack had a female character playing as a male avatar, but they did not seem to realize they were female at the time.

I hadn't watched that far, but it would be interesting! My partner and I discussed it when we reached the idea that it would be based on how you think it should feel or it would feel normal for you. Because there isn't like a body suit and it all occurs in your mind it wouldn't even be like a we-vibe, where you share the sensations that the other causes. So it takes at least that issue off the table.

The idea you posed is really intriguing though. I could see that happening honestly, because you become trapped and your body is, well not your own. I wonder if players as a whole would have body dysmorphia? I think the gender aspect would be rougher by a long shot, but I could see both happening. Like, I am tiny in real life, but what if I went with someone much taller than myself? Would that end up causing issues when I was finally able to get free?

I think the way it would be attempted, and the way that would actually be made into a game if it wasn't designed to have serious issues or fail in the first place, would be translation. Both realms of pleasure can be vivid even if they work quite differently, so I imagine 'best fit' design would be used to translate between female avatar's stimulus, equivalent male result. Possibly depending on a bit of work from the male to fully immerse into the female pleasure, but allowing them to get it in their own way.

How accurate that translation would be should really depend on how sophisticated the VR tech is. Not just how much it covers, but how much of the brain it can override and rewire for the game. You can do an awful lot with making people think something is happening, particularly with nuance and longer exposure.

Back
Top Bottom