Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tell me about your faith

Trazz said:
Kawamura said:
Are you doing the Epicurian argument?

And if so, what sort of ability do you have to make such statements regarding a deity?
Hi, I'm a benevolent deity. If you don't believe in me, I'll send you to Hell and cause you to experience unspeakable suffering and torment for all eternity.

I am the pinnacle of benevolence, no human could possibly be as benevolent as me. I will wipe out everyone on the planet except for one guy and his family and all the animals he could fit on a boat.

I am a benevolent deity. I swear to me.
The bible is a many-translated book written by men. I thought you were clever enough to figure that out, Trazz.

Trygon said:
Trazz said:
Kawamura said:

And if so, what sort of ability do you have to make such statements regarding a deity?
Hi, I'm a benevolent deity. If you don't believe in me, I'll send you to Hell and cause you to experience unspeakable suffering and torment for all eternity.

I am the pinnacle of benevolence, no human could possibly be as benevolent as me. I will wipe out everyone on the planet except for one guy and his family and all the animals he could fit on a boat.

The bible is a many-translated book written by men. I thought you were clever enough to figure that out, Trazz.
Which is just further evidence that God is just a fairy tale, really.

Trazz said:
Kawamura said:

I'm sorry, I don't think you understand the Bible.

Congratulations for making common fallicious statements! *throws glitter* Most sects, for example, do not believe the Flood is a literal story. And most people that tell you about hell are unaware of the multiple words that have all be translated into English as 'hell'.

Hell, there are even sects that believe in universal salvation. So way to fail.

Trazz said:
Trygon said:
Trazz said:

Which is just further evidence that God is just a fairy tale, really.
I don't base my belief in god on a book. I base my belief in god on the fact that my life shows patterns that I can only identify as divine intervention. So... You have a complete lack of any proof, either way.

Angry Atheist ftl.

Trygon said:
I don't base my belief in god on a book. I base my belief in god on the fact that my life shows patterns that I can only identify as divine intervention. So... You have a complete lack of any proof, either way.

Angry Atheist ftl.
Oh good, anecdotal evidence. That totally proves the existence of a god even more than a 4,000 year old storybook: One guy here thinks that his life is more than just a series of coincidences, ergo God is real.

I'm gonna go buy a "Honk if you love Jesus" bumper sticker right fucking now, you have shown me the light.

Kawamura said:
Newton's Principia Mathemetica was written by a man. Does that make it a fairy tale?
No, because that shit has evidence to back it up. Meanwhile, the evidence that God exists is because the Bible says so, and the Bible says God exists because it's supposed to be the word of god.

Circular logic~!

Trazz said:
Kawamura said:
Newton's Principia Mathemetica was written by a man. Does that make it a fairy tale?
No, because that shit has evidence to back it up. Meanwhile, the evidence that God exists is because the Bible says so, and the Bible says God exists because it's supposed to be the word of god.

Circular logic~!

No, the evidence for deities is often personal experience. Something speaks to people, no matter if they believe in YHWH (from Jewish, Christian or Muslim perspectives) or various other deities.

You'll have a hard time giving evidence that those people are wrong.

Kawamura said:
Trazz said:
Kawamura said:

Circular logic~!

No, the evidence for deities is often personal experience. Something speaks to people, no matter if they believe in YHWH (from Jewish, Christian or Muslim perspectives) or various other deities.

You'll have a hard time giving evidence that those people are wrong.
That's the same "evidence" for ghosts, aliens, magic, witches, demons, and a myriad of other shit.

Trazz said:
That's the same "evidence" for ghosts, aliens, magic, witches, demons, and a myriad of other shit.

It's also the evidence people use for more mundane things as well, both right and wrong.

I don't see what your point is.

Kawamura said:
Trazz said:

It's also the evidence people use for more mundane things as well, both right and wrong.

I don't see what your point is.
Then you must be blind.

Or rather, since you're Kawamura, you're just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, just like every single post you make here.

Attacking me instead of my argument is always a good idea.

So you say there is no deity. You have no evidence for this or even against the evidence of others. You create strawmen of religions, mostly in the shape of particular sects of Christianity, and argue against those.

Wow. That musta showed all those theists and religious folks out there.

I've been attacking your arguments for 2 pages now, but thanks for playing the victim.

You seriously don't get how basing your life around a belief in an imaginary sky wizard based on nothing but anecdotal evidence and a 4000-year old story book that contradicts itself often is different from, say, believing in an urban legend?

Trazz said:
Trygon said:

Angry Atheist ftl.
Oh good, anecdotal evidence. That totally proves the existence of a god even more than a 4,000 year old storybook: One guy here thinks that his life is more than just a series of coincidences, ergo God is real.

I'm gonna go buy a "Honk if you love Jesus" bumper sticker right fucking now, you have shown me the light.
The point was not to convince you, but frankly at this point, I'm just entertained by your venom. Did God rape your mother and kill your father, Trazz?

Trygon said:
Trazz said:
Trygon said:

Angry Atheist ftl.

The point was not to convince you, but frankly at this point, I'm just entertained by your venom. Did God rape your mother and kill your father, Trazz?
He's killed plenty of people, if the Bible is to be believed.

Trazz said:
I've been attacking your arguments for 2 pages now, but thanks for playing the victim.

You seriously don't get how basing your life around a belief in an imaginary sky wizard based on nothing but anecdotal evidence and a 4000-year old story book that contradicts itself often is different from, say, believing in an urban legend?

You have been attacking my argument. You changed over.

And wow. Another strawman. Do you ever, like, actually listen to what theistic or religious folks say?

Kawamura said:
Trazz said:

You have been attacking my argument. You changed over.

And wow. Another strawman. Do you ever, like, actually listen to what theistic or religious folks say?
My very religious family has often told me that if I didn't believe in God, I'd go to hell.

Hard to reason with people who say things like that.

So you assume that every religious person is like that. Interesting.

You see why this might be a problem? And how you're basing things off anecdotal evidence?

OH MAN I SO CALLED IT.

I was like "I bet Trazz had a fanatic family, and the butthurtness set in."

-pelvic thrust-

Ilovegoatse said:
OH MAN I SO CALLED IT.

I was like "I bet Trazz had a fanatic family, and the butthurtness set in."

-pelvic thrust-
Point to goatse.

Whether or not there's a hell, and irregardless of if you're going there or not, Trazz, You should learn some respect for the strength spirituality gives a person in their day-to-day life.

And you should also get a clue about the fact that fanaticism apparently runs in your family. Atheist evangelist ftl.

My views on what I believe in changes as I grow older. When I was younger, I believed in the God that a Roman Orthodox Catholic (my grandmother) made me believe in. From middle school to high school, I have always had a constant battle as to whether or not God was real. The God that my grandma and the church had made, sounded.. well, evil to me. I just couldn't understand how someone stealing a dime was as bad as a sin as killing someone.

As I grew up, away from my family, I began to read about other people's religions and all that jazz. I guess you could say I am more spiritual then religious at this point. *Shrugs.* Not really going to put that much effort into explaining it with too many details, because it's just like anything else agnostic.

Kawamura said:
So you assume that every religious person is like that. Interesting.

You see why this might be a problem? And how you're basing things off anecdotal evidence?
You might have a point if I was the only one who experienced such a thing. Since the majority of people in the US are Christian, it stands to reason that the majority of children in the US have grown up in Christian households. Most just go on to inherit their parent's religion. Some end up as crazy fundies, some are more moderate Christians who don't let that shit interfere with their lives, some just give up on Christianity or religion entirely.

Of course, I don't know why I typed all this, you'll just keep at it because you're Kawamura, and you have to stoke the flames.

And Trygon: Since when do you care about showing people respect? You're a total asshole until someone makes fun of the fact that you believe in fairy tales. Guess you can dish it out, but you can't take it.

Back
Top Bottom