Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To lost to sing? (Distain and nightsorceress)

Namir sat up nearly moments after he fell asleep he had a dream about his late wife's death. A vision he had not seen in some time. Seeing she was not there he looked around the house before noticing her outside. He walked up silently behind her setting down next to her reaching to take her hand with out a word he laced their fingers and pulled her hand into his lap clasping it with is other hand. He did not say a word just looked into her eyes sighing deeply.

Lily was looking up at the night sky as he approached. She did not hear or see him until she felt his hand grasp hers. Lily looked down at their hands remembering all the times they held each others hand. Then she looked up into his eyes. She was not sure why he was out here.

"I wont leave ... until you promise to come with me. "He continued to stair into her eyes wondering just what it would take to make her do just that. "I have wanted you there every day since i arrived. I have not missed anything that much in a very long time. "He squeezed her hand he knew what she wanted to her from him he just was not able to say it right now. "I will do anything to convince you to come with me, just tell me what you want me to do. "

Lily sighed softly looking down then back into his eyes "Namir, i would go with you.....but i am just not certain right now." she bite her lip. She couldn't tell him what she wanted, because it had to come from him. It had to come from his heart. Lily was not certain if he did love her or not.

"Then i will stay with you until you are certain!"He said with a firm certainty. He had no intention of leaving her home until he could take her with him. He gave her hand another soft squeeze before leaning over resting his head on her shoulder."It took me a month before i was able to get a half way decent nights sleep with out you next to me. I still woke up regularly and just stared where you should have been. "

"you should return to your home though. you worked so hard to build it and now your away from it. and you never know you could find a girl that you love, and you could marry her and have a family there with her." Lily looked down at him as he rest on her shoulder. She didn't tell him that she still had not had a good night sleep since the day he left.

He took a deep breath shaking his head he did not want another woman. "Did you ever see me even look at another woman while we were together?" He looked up into her eyes wondering what she was thinking. He was struggling to stay away with her so close he wanted to so badly but they could not sleep here. "You are going to stay on this farm for ever? Docis said you have not left since you returned. Come home with me I will give you a place to stay and work I promise you will be happy."

Lily looked down. she shook her head and sighed "happy, i have not been happy since you left." she said softly "you should really go back the house and sleep. I can tell from your eyes you tired and please take my bed to sleep in, it is more comfortable than the couch"

"Only if you promise to join me!" He groaned softly letting go her hand slipping his arms around her holding her close. He sighed happily as he held her close taking a deep breath. He never wanted to let her go he wanted to kiss her again but he knew he should not. "I need you to come with me I cant open my theater with out you."He spoke softly he was drifting off against her.

Lily sighed she knew he needed rest so she would lay with until he feel a sleep "come on" she said softly as she stood and headed back to the house. "i don't understand why you want anything to do with me at namir. Instead of waisting your time with me you should find a nice girl to love everyday, and tell her everyday you love her"

Namir heard her words and knew exactly what she wanted from him. Now he would just have to find a way to prove to her that he loved her. If there was one thing he was good at it was showing a woman he cared for them. He smiled as the pair laid down he wrapped his arms tight around her not wanting her to sneak away in the night."Sweet dreams Lily I missed this feeling like you could not believe. " With that he fell into a deep still sleep.

Lily sighed as she felt he held her tight, there would be no way for her to sneak away from him in the night. She lay there starring out into the room. a million thoughts raced through her mind. but the biggest one being that she thought he didn't love her. He only needed her as a companion. It wasn't until almost morning when lily fell a sleep.

Namir woke up with the first rays of sun that peered into the room. When he woke he slipped from her bed with all the skill of someone who had done it far to many times. He moved quickly he had a lot to do and he wanted to be awake before she woke. He was nearly running as he went to the barn finding her fathers horse he prepared it and rode it hard and fast into town. Once there he bought a dozen and a half roses and a small necklace he had seen the jeweler make before they left town. He would not give them all to her today he knew he had at least 4 days before the roses where not suitable for giving away. He rode the horse hard back to the house hiding the roses in the back of the barn there ends covered in a few inches of water. He piled up bails of hay in front of the flowers to keep them from her sight. He kept the necklace in his pocket he would wait for the right time to give it to her. Once he got back inside he crawled back into bed with her holding the rose so it brushed against her nose lightly.

Lily did not feel him get up. It had been a long night and not the best night sleep but now she had finally fallen into a deep sleep. For once her dreams were not filled with pain. Just wonder and hope that one day he would love her. When Namir cam back to bed she did not feel him but she did feel the flower tickling her nose. at first her nose just twitched trying to stop the tickle and then her eyes opened seeing the beautiful flower. "what?" she asked softly

Namir pretended to sleep wanting her to think it was magic that gave her the flower. He continued to hold the flower to her nose a smile on his 'sleeping' face. He was doing everything he could to prevent himself from laughing. He would spend the next 3 days teasing her with these flowers before giving her the full dozen and the pendant.

Lily looked around then she turned and looked to namir. She saw that he was smiling "namir i know you are not a sleep, i can see the smile on your face." she pushed him a little. "you didn't have to give me a flower, but its pretty thank you"

Namir squeezed her tighter so she could not get away."I am not letting you go till you promise not to run away. The last time i gave you a rose you ran away in the middle of a show."He laughed opening his eyes still holding the rose under her nose chuckling softly. He wanted to kiss the back of her neck like he had done every morning since they started sleeping in the same bed in London."What is on the docket for us to do today cause I am not letting you out of my sight until you pack your things and come with me. "

Lily could feel him holding her tighter. "well this is my house so i would really have no place to run to" she teased a little "as for today you can do as you please, i have a little bit of work to do around here to help the farm hands. then that is about it for today." she explained to him softly

Namir smiled and broke the stem a few inches from the bud slipping it behind her ear before letting her go."Well then if I am allowed to do what ever i like i shall follow you around like a lost puppy for the entire day. "He crawled quickly from the bed and offered her his hands to help her up."I have to convince you that you need to come with me after all."He said with a smile looking deep into her eyes.

Lily smiled as he placed the rose behind her ear. He would not have to do much convincing at all if he would only love her. then she would go with him in a heartbeat. But she didn't think that would ever happen. "well you might want to eat first, you can help yourself to anything that i have, i can even get you some eggs from the chickens"

Namir smiled and pressed pulled her to her feet smiling."I eat when you eat what you eat."He laughed she looked more beautiful than he remembered. "Remember i am your shadow until you come with me. "He smiled whispering as he stared into her eyes."After that i would rather be something else shadows don't get enough attention. "

"well i don't feel like eating much so why don't you atleast eat. its a long day and i would much rather see you eat than following behind me all day." What she did not tell him this would be day four that she could not bring herself to eat. And she would never agree to go with him just on friendly terms she would need more.

Namir reached into his pocket and pulled out half a trail ration. "I have breakfast right here. Lets get you off to work!*He smiled leading her from the room with one hand munching on the died meat and bread. It had no real flavor or purpose other than sustainance. He hated them but they did their job keeping him alive when he could not find food.

Lily shook her head at him. "alright then suit yourself" She headed outside and went to the barn. she started her day by milking the cows. then she moved on to feeding them and the horses and setting them from the barn to the fields to graze. From there she fed the chickens and collected there eggs. she then went out feeding the pigs. It was afternoon by this time and the sun was beating down. Lily's pace started to slow, as she started to feel dizzy.

Namir followed her letting her work but staying a few steps away from he could tell the day was starting to wear on her. "I think its time you went in for lunch my dear."He said taking her in his arms dragging her inside gently not letting her argue against it. "Something light and a drink."He smiled leading her towards the house.

Back
Top Bottom