Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To lost to sing? (Distain and nightsorceress)

Distain2003

Pulsar
Namir was one of the greatest bards the world had ever seen. He played for the King of England once a month, and the nobles of the land when ever he was near one. Namir was cocky but he never said he could do anything that he was not able to. He had grown a reputation for being almost as promiscuous as he was talented. Namir had his reason for everything he did. He was driven, he wanted not only to be the best bard was but to be the best bard there ever would be. As for his romantic life it was deemed a perk of the job men had needs and he had hundreds of women that wanted to fill them.

Namir was always one who loved preforming for the people. Every time he left London he would hold a full day concert with every musician in the city. There was no charge for this performance and it was an out door event. Namir was cautious and never allowed a drawing to be made of him. He would threaten the lives of any one who tried. He preferred to be able to travel with some anonymity.

He was on the 5th day of a 2 week trip south to a small town outside of London. His horse had fallen the day before and was to weak to carry him. He walked in front of his his horse his bag on his shoulder. He whistled softly as he walked. With out a horse he would miss his first show. The first show he had ever missed. He hoped to come across a farm soon. Or he would have many people very upset. He wore common cloths he was never one for being overly flashy, off stage anyway. Simple brown shirt and pants his long brown hair wash down his shoulder resting between his shoulder blades.

Lily stood near her family's well taking a break from the days labor. She looked out over the fields and animals she had just spent the morning tending to. Her father had fallen ill a few months ago and the responsibility's of his care and the of care of the farm had fallen solely on her having no brother or sister.

The farm sat just out side of town and once was one of the most thriving farms in the county; now Lily had to do everything in her power to keep them for losing the only home she has ever known.

Stephen saw the farm into the distance he groaned happily. He could get a new horse there with any luck and he would continue to his show with out any more problems. It took him a half hour to get to the house he tied his horse to a tree not far from the front porch. He took a deep breath hanging his bag from the pommel of his horse reaching inside. He did his best to get his gold small gold pouch out of the bag with out revealing his show cloths inside.

Slowly he walked up to the porch running his fingers threw his hair. He smiled brightly as he knocked on the door of the small house. He had not seen a single person in 3 days so the company no matter how brief would be more than welcomed. "Hello, I was hoping i could talk to you about a horse!" He spoke loudly in case the owners were not inside the house.

Lily had gone inside to tend to her father. She had made him lunch and did everything in her power to make him more comfortable. but her father was still her father and he did not like to see his only daughter work so hard. It took some doing but she finally got him to rest and stop worrying about her. Once he was a sleep Lily took a seat by the fireplace singing softly to herself.

She jumped when she heard a knock at the door. She wondered who it could be no one ever come out here. With a sigh she to the door to answer it. "can i help you?" she asked softly from the door way. Lily looked the man over.

Lily was a beautiful young woman. With long raven hair that went down to the small of her back and tied neatly in a braid. Bright purple eyes that were enchanting. She was slender with C sized breast. a breath taking young woman that did not look the average lower class person.

He paused for a moment looking at her. Even in throne room of the king he had not seen many women who could compare to her. "I... My horse fell the yesterday I can't ride it. I need to be in Sul in 8 days. I can't get there in time with out a horse." He had a half saddened smile on his face he was trying to be cute and innocent looking. "I was hoping i could arrange something and get one from you? I will give you mine and pay if that's what it takes?" He smiled at her moving so she could see his horse standing off to the side. His brown hair falling into his face stubbornly again covering his deep blue eyes partially.

Lily looked behind him to see a very tired horse. She sighed softly and walked over to the horse. "you must have rode him for days, he looks weak and tired." she explained as petted the horse know exactly how he feels she turned to look at the man again "Sul is only a two hour ride from here, it is to far to walk, so i can let you borrow my father's horse while yours stays here and rests"

"I have to be there before before dark."He spoke softly having less than an hour before dark even if he ran he would be long late. " I insist on paying you for the horses food and rent for your horse. "He reached into his gold pouch swearing to himself. He had no silver or copper pieces. How could he forget to put them in this pouch. Even if he only gave her a gold he would be doubling the price of horse rental and lodging for a day. "I insist that you come into town tonight. Namir is playing a show there. I can get you in to see him if you would like. "He sighed walking over a gold piece in hand. He would have to find a way to explain paying her this much with out hesitation.

Lily led his horse to the stable as he spoke. She put his horse in the stall and then moved to make her father's horse ready "sir really you don't have to pay me i feel bad for your horse it really does need a rest." She turned quickly though when he offered to take her to see Namir "i would love to go see Namir perform.!!"

Namir reached into the stall grabbing his bag from the back of the horse. "Can you ride with me? Or would you have to come along later? "He smiled looking into her eyes they looked amazing they almost trapped his gaze when he looked at her. "I insist on paying you. The more you argue the more i will pay you. "He laughed this was his favorite game with the bands he performed with. He would put down their pay and argue with them on purpose till he felt they where over payed. "I dare you to challenge that threat as well. "He smiled giving a playful wink. He had seen no one else on this farm at this point he should have seen someone. She mentioned her father but he had not seen him, he assumed he was dead or out in the fields.

Lily smiled softly at the man "really seeing Namir preform is more than enough payment for me" her bright purple eyes look down then back at the handsome man before her"and i would have to come later, my father is ill so i need to fetch my neighbor to sit with him while i am away." Plus she wanted to put something nicer on then this old dress she was wearing.

Namir smiled looking into her eyes."Its a free show! Your up to a gold! "He laughed holding it out for her. "Argue again and its 2!"He laughed looking at her smiling not moving."I will need your name so i can tell them who to look out for. "He was actually glad she would not be following him Sul was one of his favorite places to preform everyone in town knew him well. He did not want her discovering who he was to soon. Something about her made him curious. He began backing slowly towards her house with the reigns for the horse in his hand. "Is this a good horse? Or will he be stubborn? "

She did not argue, but she did not take the gold either"my name is Lillian Hart, you can call me Lily though. And how will i be able to find you again once i am there, I mean i don't know your name." Lily bit her lip nervously. "the horse is older and well trained so he should not give you any trouble, but he is very fast so you may want to hold the regiens tight."

Namir smiled he loved finding ways to avoid telling people his name. "You will be sitting right next to me. That's how you will find me again Lillian Heart." Committing her name to memory he smiled pushing the gold piece into her hand softly. "I will be waiting for you. Namir will be performing several shows until the tavern closes for the night. You will have a seat saved for when ever you get there. " He took an almost twisted joy in teasing people by hiding his identity. It was not that he did not want them to know it but he did not want them to treat him differently. He moved quickly mounting the horse looking down at her. "If you desire to not keep the gold bring it with you. If you chose to stay in the inn it will come in handy."He smiled giving the horse a nudge telling him it was time to leave. "I will see you soon Lilly."He tied his bag to the pommel of the saddle before riding off.

Lily watched as he rode off then as soon as he was out of sight lily sprinted to the neighbors farm. She explained what happen and the gentleman asked if she would come to town to see Namir perform. they of course agreed to watch her father. she then sprinted back to her house. quickly cleaning herself up and putting on a very nice dress. She was such a rush it was a tornado had swept through the house. with in moments she was back out in the barn hitching a horse up to a wagon . It was not long before she was on the rode heading into town

Namir made his way into now moving quickly on the supprisingly quick horse. He was in town in less than a half an hour much to his satisfaction. He rode slowly into town smilling and waving at all the people who greeted him. He had spent so much time in this town that most of its people would simply wave and greet him. Something he was pleased about in larger cities he was constantly hounded. He moved threw the town to the stable slipping from the horse walking in slowly paying to have the horse take care of.

He then moved to the inn to prepare for his shows. Once he was at the inn he sat down having a small meal with the owner and his opening act. They discussed what they discussed payments and times. Namir refused payment giving his share of the profits to the opener like he usually did in these small shows. He had a table saved for himself and Lilly telling the doormen that when a woman asked to come in by that name to seat her right next to the stage at Namir's private table.

It was not long before the inn began to fill Namir was seated at his table as the band began to their opener. Namir listened intently scratching notes about the new band onto a slip of paper as he began composing a new song. The inn was full only one table was not completely surrounded by bodies. Namir's private table would stay with himself, the owner and a few special guests as usual. Today there where no such guests, not yet anyways.

Lily made her way into town. It did only take her an hour or so. She couldn't help but look around as she rode. It had been atleast 6 months since she last came into the town spending most of her time tending to the farm and her father. Once arrived lily quickly went to the stables and left her horse to be tended to.

She went to the inn that he had instructed. Lily looked around nervously but could not find the man she was looking for. She decided the best course of action was to give the door man her name. To her surprise he knew name and quickly lead her to the table

As she walked the croward inn people stopped and starred at her. She was a crimson dress that was very form fitting. Her raven colored hair was left down with soft ringlets around her face which seem to farm her purple eyes perfectly.

The band was just finishing it's second song it still had several to go. Namir stood and walked over to her, he held out his hands smiling looking into her eyes, her magnificent eyes. "You look fantastic, you certainly are more than i expected i knocked on your door. "He smiled leaning in kissing her cheek in greeting. "Sit please The show will start in about 20 minuets. " He smiled walking over pulling her chair out for her before setting down next to her. "How is your father? Doing well i hope. "

Lily took her hands in her as the two greeted each other. She blushed alittle as he kissed her cheek and told her how nice she looked "thank you sir" Lily then took her seat. "my father was resting peacefully sir when i left. Thank you for asking." She smiled warmly at him "Perhaps you would care to share your name with me now"

Namir smiled he was running out of excuses. "One would think i would care to tell you that right now but i am rather enjoying stringing you along." He laughed putting his hand on hers lightly smiling at her playfully."So i am assuming that i will have a suitor coming to threaten me some time soon?" He spoke just over the music setting close his shoulder nearly touching hers.

"you sir are a tease" she smiled shaking her head. When he placed his hand on hers lily's hand instinctively wrapped it self up in his. Although having to do lots of manual labor lily hands were still soft as silk. "and i am afraid there will be no suitor coming to take me away from you. this is my first visit into the town in at least six months."

Namir gave her hand a soft squeeze looking into her eyes. "It is not the first time i have been called a tease. "He smiled looking at her he only had 2 songs left before his first show started. He smiled at her giving her hand another soft squeeze. "I would not say unfortunately. My chin will remain grateful for the remainder of its day. 6 months? Why have you not been into town in so long? Your father?" Six months was a long illness his curiosity began to pester him as to what was wrong with him.

Lily shook her head when he excepted himself as a tease. "well my father starting feeling ill about 6 months ago, we still don't understand the nature of his illness. But since then the responsibility has fallen on to take care of the farm. With the cost of medican and doctors visiting i could not afford anyone to look after the farm"

"I will have my friend take a look at him. "He spoke softly looking at her giving no offer not room for her to say no. One song left he was going to have to leave now."You will have to excuse me, I will go tell him to go see him after the show. "He got up quickly and kissed her cheek and waved over the waitress. "What ever you want is on me! Please eat drink and be marry!" He smiled moving quickly around behind the stage into the back room. He worked quickly wetting his hair so it would stay back and straight. Changing into his stage cloths, all fabulously lavish, a dark red silk shirt with the top 2 buttons left purposely open, a small golden pendant hung down around his neck. His pants where just as lavish though black that stopped just above his dark black shoes. He took a quick drink of orange juice and began preparing his voice while the bad was still playing.

Lily prepared herself to say no thank you, she had just met the man and he was already offering her help, but before she could say he was already leaving her at the table. She wrinkled her forehead wonder what was going on. She tried to forget what the man was doing and prepared herself to see Namir

The crowed cheered in thanks as the band stood and walked to the front of the stage. Behind them the stage hands moved quickly clearing off the other bands equipment and putting up Namir's. Before the other band had left the stage Namir and the band he would be preforming with tonight where already on the stage ready to preform. His entrance had been masked from his guest in the front right next to the stage. Now they they where leaving he his back was turned discussing the order of songs quickly. Deciding to instead start with a song about a strangers kindness, one had wrote long ago back before he was well known. He began to sing only moments after the band began to play he kept his back turned. The song was slow and he sung with passion this was his thanks to the man who took him in and taught him to sing all those many years ago. The waitress arrived with a menu and a large glass of the house's finest wine Namir had asked be delivered just before he went on stage. Just after Namir began singing the chorus he turned and looked down at his guest a smirk on his face as he watched her.

Back
Top Bottom