Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Today's Randomness: Tattoo advice

vampire seduction

Supernova
Well hello! Thanks for dropping by! I just wanted to toss up this thread to get some insight of some tattoos I am looking to get. There are three in particular that I am looking to get, though I am unsure on where to locate two of them. The first, which I will be getting no matter what, is to be located between my shoulder blades just below my neck. I tossed in a doctored pic of it, as well as the two others I am considering. Here, have some picage!

The important one (not a great do up, but it's the general idea):
VeritasAequitas2.jpg

The other two, in no order of 'importance':
Phoenix.jpg

EyeofRaTattoo.png

For reference, the bird is supposed to be a phoenix, and would be in black without the background also. I have been told before to have an artist draw one up for me, as I'm looking for something different, I just felt that one was interesting. Anyways. I was thinking of those on my shoulder blades, however I don't know how well they would go. Any particular ideas? Ask anything of them you wish, please.

I would only get something that actually means something to me, not just something that I thought looked cool. But that's just me.

Oh don't worry, they all mean something to me. I just mean the phoenix pic looked cool for what I wanted.

The first is Latin for, essentially, Truth and Justice. Something that I believe firmly in. The cross is a symbol of my faith in, well, not any specific religion really.
The second is because I believe in the circle of the phoenix, that I myself have been reborn several times in my life, in some way or another.
The last is the Eye of Ra (or Horus), which symbolizes protection. It is also the basis of the Eye of Providence, which can be linked to several religions. I also love Egyptian mythology, and so it holds extra significance there.

Believe me, I firmly believe all tattoos should have a meaning to the owner *nods*

For the first one, it would be better to make sure that it isn't so large when you get it done below your shoulders. If you want to incorporate the phoenix or the wings or some such thing, I would either set it so the wings frame your first design, or that it rests just above it with the wings pointed down. As for the third, to incorporate that, it would seem fitting to have the phoenix's face turned to the side and have the Eye. Or you could have it put on your left shoulder or peck for the significance that it would be protecting yourself and your heart.

That is my advice. ^^​

Hahvy:
Thanks, I actually got the very same idea from Ruby, at least on over my heart, and it makes sense so I'm considering that. The actual tattoo (first one) is going to be smaller, perhaps four by four inches or some, so that it will fit right. I thought of that lol I wasn't thinking of combining them, though, which is why I was iffy on where to put the other two so that they looked right lol However, I did like the idea of combining the phoenix and Eye of Ra, I hadn't thought of that and it sounds good. Combining the endless cycle with the protection symbol and such.

Virulent:
Sooo you whole reasoning for not getting them are because you have retarded reasons why you wouldn't get them? Good going, that's exactly what I asked for. You, good Sir, suck and are ejected from the building.

People, did I ask for advice on if I shouldn't get these tattoos? No. I certainly did not. This is a classic case of RTFM, the manual being the OP. If you are going to be a dumbass, Do Not Post.

Yes, I am quite aware that Veritas Aequitas comes from Boondock Saints, I did not even have to click the link to know what you are talking about. I have wanted the movie, several times. Yes I got the words from it. Did I not also say that I believe strongly in such a phrase? Veritas et Aequitas is a central part to many things I believe in. I won't go into them, they are not in debate here. I am not getting that tattoo because I am some idiot frat fanboy (speaking of which, they can all suck my dick and die, they breed constant stupidity). I am getting it for a personal reason that does happen to have been gleamed from a movie.

As for the firebird, what does it matter what your uncle, or anyone's relative, did with their car? We're not talking cars here. We're talking tattoos you fucking moron. It's not even the same design as you tried to point out. Yes, they are both firebird's aka phoenixes, different fucking meaning jackass. 'Oooooh look! It's on a car! I'd be a dumbass to get that on my body!' Jesus Christ, am I getting a GM/Ford/Dodge/etc tattoo? No. I am getting a phoenix for already described reasons.

And the Eye of Ra? 'Egyptian-y eye thing'? You dolt it IS Egyptian! The Eye of Ra is a religious symbol dating far back before most other religions. It's all over the Old World Egyptian things. It's a symbol of protection. Do you think I, or anyone else, gives a pile of ratshit about what you crackhead girlfriend did? No. Absolutely no. Hell Fucking No.

I do not care what tattoos I have that other people do have. Think I'm a follower? Why don't you go out Cobain style and save the world from your genes of idiocy. Tattoos should be had because they have a personal meaning. All mine clearly have one or even more. We are not discussing that, I will decide if I wish to get them. Beyond that, as I have described this thread is about opinions on the location the second two tattoos should be placed.

Yay~ Vampy likes me for more than my ass! He likes my ideas too! 8D -attempting to lightening the ominous atmosphere.- But yeah, I think the combination thing over your chest would be really cool, actually.​

vampire seduction said:
Virulent:
Sooo you whole reasoning ... you have retarded reasons ... You, good Sir, suck and are ejected from the building. ... a classic case of RTFM ... I am getting it for a personal reason that does happen to have been gleamed from a movie ... We're not talking cars here. We're talking tattoos ... 'Oooooh look! It's on a car! I'd be a dumbass to get that on my body!' ... You dolt ... No. Absolutely no. Hell Fucking No ... Why don't you go out Cobain style ... All mine clearly have one or even more
Clearly.

vampire seduction said:
NO U

That wasn't helpful D: *cries*

Tattoos are supposed to be somthing meaningfull to yourself. Get the one that means the most, get them all. You shouldnt ask people on a fourm to help you find the right way to tattoo yourself.

*rubs temples* Did I miss something? Didn't I specifically ask for LOCATION advice? Never once did I say 'HAI GUYZ WUT SHOULD I BRAND MUHSELF WIFF'. I asked where a good location to place the other tattoos would be. I don't want them to look terribly out of place, I want them to be positioned well. Read what Hahvoc said, that was a perfect example of helping me with positioning the other two.

That's what I'm asking for. Seriously, it's not hard to read a post or two D:

vampire seduction said:
Awww dun be a party pooper Trygon D:
I still love you though :3

Now, please, more advices
*stares*

I seem to have given you the very mistaken impression that I was joking.

PK - As there's no reason this should be in PVP, just one user being an asshat, I'd sooner hand down a temp ban.

IF he continues being a jackass. Naturally.

Oh, my dear Trygon, you gave no such impression. I know that you meant it. I'm just professing my undying love for you! It will not be shaken by such a threat!

But seriously, I'm just not concerned. Twas a one time slip that I don't plan to repeat. I've got my warning, I'm a big boy so I move on. Unfazed as usual ^.^

Tattoo's are very important things. To me I have a few I'll be getting eventually. The biggest and most important one, are my wings. I will be getting black angel wings tattooed on my back, with the tips of each feather being the darkest purple I can get. These wings are a representation of myself, or how I feel my wings would look. Though they aren't white, and I wouldn't expect them to be, they also represent my duty as someone that watches over others. Which I have done my whole life.

I also wish to get the ANBU mark from Naruto. Tattooed on my right upper arm. Not only because I absolutely love the mark, because it's a gorgeous design, that I can see having on my body till I die.

vampire seduction said:
*rubs temples* Did I miss something? Didn't I specifically ask for LOCATION advice? Never once did I say 'HAI GUYZ WUT SHOULD I BRAND MUHSELF WIFF'. I asked where a good location to place the other tattoos would be. I don't want them to look terribly out of place, I want them to be positioned well. Read what Hahvoc said, that was a perfect example of helping me with positioning the other two.

That's what I'm asking for. Seriously, it's not hard to read a post or two D:
Location is just as important as what you get tattooed on you. -shrugs- at least that is to me.

Okay, well, I recommend starting out with one, just to make sure if it is something you're going to want. When I got my first one, it was small, (here) to test the water. After that, I moved on to bigger things. (here)

On the shoulder did not hurt me so much. I've heard that places right on the bone hurt a lot, but I rather enjoyed the vibration on it. I haven't braved the between the shoulder blades myself, but I'm leery of how bad it might hurt.

The worst place for me was the midsection, because of the fat. My artist had to go over it multiple times due to the strechyness of it. On my bicep was rather enjoyable, maybe due to the muscle there. Although I had heard it would hurt more.

Probably the coolest place was my forearm, because the vibration caused my fingers to curl involuntary.

Don't know if any of this helped, but I figure it was more in line with your question. And I completely agree with your view of having meanings. All of mine do, and I can't imagine putting on something that had none.

Back
Top Bottom