Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Video game thread

The Sims 3 = The shit!
If I didn't have work, I'd neglect sleeping for this.

@Dream:
They need to put Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie onto Wii Virtual Console :<
It's also nice to see you back from your apparent little hiatus after your rugby incident.

Ew Sims, i got over that same after the first one, was fun, but nah.

Currently re/playing: Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced (GBA), Chrono Trigger (SNES), Fallout 3 (PC). World of Warcraft (as always)

It's meant to be coming out on xbox 360 yes? or was i just reading something lame.

It is, but there are three seperate titles, the PS3 gets all three of them, the 360 will only get the first (does a little jig since I'm a sony fan)

Eh, that's lame, i like the final fantasy games, just always had an xbox, haha. Might buy a ps2 and get the older ones.

According to a friend, it's cause FF13 is so big the PS3 is really gonna have it's limits tested, he noted (with a laugh as he's a bigger dick then me XD) that the 360 could barely handle it XP

I'm getting sick of hearing about them throwing money everywhere... I just wish Sony would do that a little as well...

*still on Vista* What's it like? Compared to Vista? Does it eat up memory like a bitch?

Well it's very similar to vista (i have vista on my laptop), it's alot more compatible, unlike vista when it first came out, so far, i've had 2 problems with it, and that was in Beta, haven't seen anything too serious in the 64bitRC release.

I have 4gig RAM and it's uses about 800mb to idle, and when i had my old pc with 2gig, it used about 600mb, so no, it doesn't use that much.

Haha, well you can download the RC release of 7 from the windows website for free, i think until June or July, so grab yourself a copy while you can. ^^

Heh I have no real favorite video game since I play everything from first person shooters, third person shooters, real time strategy, racing, fighting, and roleplaying games.

Though if I did have favorites I guess it'd be Halo, Gears of War, Resistance, Killzone, DOOM, FEAR, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout.

Ronyo said:
According to a friend, it's cause FF13 is so big the PS3 is really gonna have it's limits tested, he noted (with a laugh as he's a bigger dick then me XD) that the 360 could barely handle it XP
psst, no it's not.

the ps3 is fucking ridiculous.

FF13 will be more than impressive however.

FYI:

specs on the PS3:

CPU: Cell Processor

* PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
* 1 VMX vector unit per core
* 512KB L2 cache
* 7 x SPE @3.2GHz
* 7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
* 7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* * 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU: RSX @550MHz

* 1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
* Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels [o.o!!]
* Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound: Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-base processing)

Memory:

* 256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
* 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth:

* Main RAM: 25.6GB/s [wtf?!]
* VRAM: 22.4GB/s
* RSX: 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
* SB: 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance: 2 TFLOPS

souce: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://playstation.about.com/od/ps3/a/PS3SpecsDetails_3.htm">http://playstation.about.com/od/ps3/a/P ... ails_3.htm</a><!-- m -->

The PS3 is way better then the xbox360 when it comes to graphics. Apparently I don't think your friend knows what the fuck he's talking about.

I give a damn what the graphics look like. I come from the original 'Press X to not die' generation, except it was A or sometimes The Button. I'm playing Bionic Commando: Rearmed and being happy with it. Screw the new one. Also, turn your music down and get off my lawn. That is all. :p

well toz,
if you don't keep up with technology you get left in the dust.

I'm not sure about yourself, but I don't like the complexion or smell of rust =/

Back
Top Bottom